Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 2.0 Original Survivor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
bigkensteele
QUOTE(914Eric @ Aug 2 2013, 10:00 AM) *

Hi Ken,
Summer is busy here on the ranch. Once it became clear that I wasn't going to make it to the west coast get together in June...I got a little side tracked.

I do have everything cleaned up, inspected, and ready to start putting things back together. The last part I was waiting for was a replacement fan which I got from Rich at HPH.

Thanks for the kick...I'm on it...

beerchug.gif

OK, Eric. Summer is over!

Any updates?

chair.gif
914Eric
Hey Ken,
Yea...I've been on the shelf for a while. I'm sure I don't need to explain to many of you guys how family craziness can get in the way of OUR favorite Porsche projects.

I've got a few things done, and am beginning re-assembly. I changed the front and back crank seals, clean the oil cooler and replaced the seals, changed the seal on the oil filter connector piece, and am ready to put the engine back in. I also have the clutch off and need to check to see if it needs replacing. I'll need to research what the clutch should look like if it is OK. Any guidance?

What has me slightly held up is that I'm fixing the broken clutch cable bracket on the firewall that my dad's mechanic had attached with a U-bolt. When the cable tube broke, it also put a small crack into the firewall. I removed the u-bolt and have it all in place and just need to get the small weld done to hold it in place and fix the crack. Since I'm not a welder this has had me kind of in limbo because I really don't want to turn just anyone loose on it and I don't want to learn to weld on my 914. confused24.gif

I know it's kind of a small problem, but I just haven't searched out someone to do it. Once that weld is done, I can put in my new stainless fuel lines, run all the new throttle, and clutch cables, and seal her back up. Really shouldn't take more than a couple days/weeks once I get the weld done.

914Eric
One additional thing I've done that I forgot to mention is that I've drained all the brake fluid and the brake lines and blown them out with air. I also replaced the front rubber brake lines with new ones from 914Rubber. I also have the rear brake lines but need to send them back. I was sent rear brake lines that didn't have the slot for the clip. Going to call 914Rubber this week to swap for the correct ones.
914Eric
My brake lines actually came from Eric at PMB, not 914Rubber. Talked to him this morning and it seems I got lines from a 911 by mistake. Arranged to get the proper rear lines sent out today.

Excellent service...Thanks Eric

hattrick
Hi Eric,

Just saw your cool story. I live in Boise and If you're down my way stop by my shop. I PM'd you. I service and restore older air cooled Porsche's. I use to work for Aase motors in California. If you need some advice or parts I might be able to help. I own a black 73 1.7 all original - never touched, a 73 2.0 and a 914-6 that I'm in the process of restoring...plus other Porsche's. What a great color too...

Wade
914Eric
I'm Back! Had some health issues, and am putting the car up for sale.

icon8.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.