Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OFFICIAL RRC 2013 THREAD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Kansas 914
QUOTE(brant @ Aug 21 2013, 08:10 PM) *

I say meet me at the track....
nobody knows this, but orange is the fastest...
shhh its a secret:

I surrender.... pray.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 21 2013, 07:19 PM) *

shhh its a secret:

I surrender.... pray.gif

shit that was easy lol-2.gif ..he didnt even turn a key
smile.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 21 2013, 08:28 PM) *

shit that was easy lol-2.gif ..he didnt even turn a key
smile.gif

Didn't have to. I was psyched out from the pictures... Plus the reputation of the car precedes it.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 21 2013, 07:19 PM) *

shhh its a secret:

I surrender.... pray.gif

Good idea. Brant has a habit of running into people at the track. hide.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 21 2013, 08:45 PM) *

Good idea. Brant has a habit of running into people at the track. hide.gif

Miata's don't count. MDB2.gif
SLITS
birthday3.gif

John
Eric_Shea
If any of you sea level critters are running carbs, you may want to bring some jet provisions. Durango is 6500ft. wink.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 23 2013, 07:22 AM) *

If any of you sea level critters are running carbs, you may want to bring some jet provisions. Durango is 6500ft. wink.gif

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I hope I can keep it running.
confused24.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 23 2013, 06:22 AM) *

Eric,

I was thinking about that same as Donald. I had no problem with the old motor moving to Durango - but the new motor (to be fired up this weekend) was built and tuned at sea level. Is there a rule of thumb to use as a guide? Maybe change jets by "X" for every 1000' of elevation change?

Fun facts:
• Elevation in town is 6,500’
• Elevation at Red Mountain Pass (part of the drive) is 11,018’
• Gas octane is 91 around here and not 93
jim_hoyland
What kind of weather can we expect ?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 23 2013, 08:05 AM) *

What kind of weather can we expect ?

This is from 30 minutes ago. We are at the end of monsoon season - where it rains almost daily for 30 minutes in the afternoon. That said we had a storm move through last night at 3:30AM.

Click to view attachment
brant
Octane requirements drop at elevation because there is less oxygen in the mixture and less effective compression
AZ914
ACHTUNG WILLS!

Sept. 6-8.

piratenanner.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Aug 23 2013, 09:16 AM) *

ACHTUNG WILLS!

Sept. 6-8.

piratenanner.gif

Now you are just making shit up. We all know it is on 9/14. blink.gif
SharonG
Ok, this is it

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Brant submitted the order and it was accepted so I think the shirt drama is over.
JStroud
OK fine, but black shirts really, it's like 100 in California when can I wear a black shirt.

More tequila please

av-943.gif

Man I need a vacation.

5 MORE DAYS driving.gif

Jeff
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 23 2013, 07:39 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 23 2013, 06:22 AM) *

Eric,

I was thinking about that same as Donald. I had no problem with the old motor moving to Durango - but the new motor (to be fired up this weekend) was built and tuned at sea level. Is there a rule of thumb to use as a guide? Maybe change jets by "X" for every 1000' of elevation change?

Fun facts:
• Gas octane is 91 around here and not 93

I have a spreadsheet that gets you dialed in for jets etc. all I need to know is engine size in CC and where your cam makes peak HP.
rnellums
Eric, I would love some of that insight! I've got 2366 cc, peak power probably around 6K RPM, the cam is .521/286 duration.

The carbs I have are 44 IDF's with 36mm venturis. I think i'm running:

200 A/C
F11 emulsion
155 mains
50 idles

-Ross
MoveQik
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 24 2013, 09:42 AM) *

I have a spreadsheet that gets you dialed in for jets etc. all I need to know is engine size in CC and where your cam makes peak HP.

I looked at that sheet. For my motor it said, "Turn key. Then drive" happy11.gif
Elliot Cannon
That's just another great thing about the 3.2 FI. first.gif Having said that, I had my 914 at the top of Sandia Peak (10,600 ft.) during the Atomic Ramble a number of years ago (2.2 liter type IV with 44idf's), with no problems. And that's when it was jetted so rich I was getting about 18 mpg. Just keep the rpm's up and you'll be fine. I'm not too worried about the mountains in Colorado. I'm just worried about getting there from here. driving.gif 1000 miles. laugh.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 23 2013, 05:54 PM) *

Ok, this is it - Brant submitted the order and it was accepted so I think the shirt drama is over.

Excellent. smile.gif

Is it too early to start packing? ? ?
What do I need to bring? idea.gif

Sharon has the shirts. first.gif
Elliot said to bring a sweater. bruce.gif
Eric reminded me about a hat. elvira.gif
Wills said to bring drinking shoes. drunk.gif

What else? confused24.gif

Is everybody going to be wearing pants?
If so, are jeans OK?
Elliot Cannon

Ok, this is it

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Brant submitted the order and it was accepted so I think the shirt drama is over.

OK, wait a minute. I thought the car was going to be black? av-943.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 24 2013, 10:42 AM) *

Hi E,

Displacement is 2143cc

I don't know where it makes its power - it is chipped at 5200rpm right now.

Cam specs:
Lobe separation: 108
Valve lift: .429
Duration: 270

I don't know how the car is jetted now but it was done at sea level using a wideband AFR to properly jet the Weber 40IDF running 32mm venturis.

I will pull the jets, Emulsion tubes, AC tomorrow and look.

Is anyone bringing an AFR? Maybe we could have a clinic - and you can practice on my car! happy11.gif
Eric_Shea
What cam is it? Web usually has all of that info online.
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Aug 24 2013, 04:13 PM) *

Ok, this is it - Brant submitted the order and it was accepted so I think the shirt drama is over.

Excellent. smile.gif

Is it too early to start packing? ? ?
What do I need to bring? idea.gif

Sharon has the shirts. first.gif
Elliot said to bring a sweater. bruce.gif
Eric reminded me about a hat. elvira.gif
Wills said to bring drinking shoes. drunk.gif

What else? confused24.gif

If so, are jeans OK?

All I can say is dress warm!
SharonG
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 25 2013, 08:21 AM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Aug 24 2013, 04:13 PM) *

All I can say is dress warm!

JP, as usual, pants are optional.
Eric, huh? confused24.gif The average temp in Durango that time of year is around 78 degreesF. Telluride averages high 60s. Granted, snow is possible.
So as usual for RRC, bring shorts, parkas, hats, longjohns, sundresses, flipflops and snow boots. beerchug.gif
SLITS
Erc would look so sweet in a Sundress. wub.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 25 2013, 07:50 AM) *

Erc would look so sweet in a Sundress. wub.gif

Be careful what you wish for. happy11.gif
SharonG
Hey Folks! I updated the first post with comprehensive (I hope) event info. This is the event schedule: Click to view attachment

Dinner is $25 ($12 for kids) and if you want a picnic lunch (sandwich, chips, fruit, veggies, dessert) it's $10. You can give me cash or a check at the event, or paypal me gintersm@yahoo.com
Eric_Shea
Eric, huh? The average temp in Durango that time of year is around 78 degreesF. Telluride averages high 60s. Granted, snow is possible.

The average 914 guy/girl sleeps all day and drinks and tells lies in the parking lot all night so; the average temp given the operating range of said beer drinking, octane sniffing "that guy (or girl... ooops, Sandy's not coming this year!) is 42 degrees for the month of September.
Eric_Shea
"Awesome" work on the schedule! smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks Sharon!!
ThinAir
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 25 2013, 05:05 PM) *

Hey Folks! I updated the first post with comprehensive (I hope) event info. This is the event schedule: Click to view attachment

Dinner is $25 ($12 for kids) and if you want a picnic lunch (sandwich, chips, fruit, veggies, dessert) it's $10. You can give me cash or a check at the event, or paypal me gintersm@yahoo.com

Great work, Sharon!

When we were at Priest Gulch a couple of weeks ago, we noticed signs on the road about construction on CO 145 near Telluride. I could not tell just how extensive it is or how close to town it is because I don't know where the mile markers are.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 25 2013, 07:10 PM) *

Eric, huh? The average temp in Durango that time of year is around 78 degreesF. Telluride averages high 60s. Granted, snow is possible.

The average 914 guy/girl sleeps all day and drinks and tells lies in the parking lot all night so; the average temp given the operating range of said beer drinking, octane sniffing "that guy (or girl... ooops, Sandy's not coming this year!) is 42 degrees for the month of September.

sad2.gif sad2.gif
hot_shoe914
It is going to be 98 degrees the day I leave here and start my journey towards the RRC event. I'm pretty sure I will just be wearing shorts and a t-shirt and flip flops, if I'm even wearing clothes. I might pack a hoodie just in case one of you sissies get's cold, but shorts all the way for me.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 25 2013, 06:05 PM) *

Sharon,

Great job on the itinerary.

I did notice the address for our house is wrong - it is 346 Horse Thief Lane.
Sleepin
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 25 2013, 06:10 PM) *

You did not calculate the alcohol quotient warming perceptive temperature of the average 914 guy/girl.
Sleepin
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 26 2013, 07:54 AM) *

Sharon,

Well, your neighbors would have a rude awakening when 15-20 914's pulled in their driveway expecting food...lol. biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 26 2013, 08:15 AM) *

Sharon,

Well, your neighbors would have a rude awakening when 15-20 914's pulled in their driveway expecting food...lol. biggrin.gif

They would probably feed you until the food and drink ran out......
Kansas 914

Right now the Durango - Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad runs right the morning gathering spot at 8:30am and 9:30am. I have permission from the owners to rope off the back row (closest to the tracks) of the lot so there should be a great photo of a line of 914s with the train behind them. I have a friend in the press and he is trying to get a reporter here to do an article on (as he said) "these rare cars".

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
Here is a new insert for the map to the Friday Dinner spot.

Mike & Mary Moorman
346 Horse Thief Ln

Cellphone/Text: 817-832-4171

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
Here are some phone numbers and addresses:

Red Rocks Classic 2013 – Durango Fact Sheet
• Gas octane is 91 around here and not 93 – price was $3.63 for regular (87) today

Some addresses for your GPS units:

Caboose Hotel - caboosemoteldurango.com 3363 Main Ave., Durango, CO 81301
(970) 247-1191

Best Western – Mountain Shadows
3255 Main Ave., Durango, CO 81301
(970) 247-5200

Mike & Mary Moorman (Friday Dinner)
346 Horse Thief Ln., Durango, CO 81301
(817) 832-4171 Mike’s Mobile

Trimble True Value (Saturday Morning gathering spot)
45 Trimble Crossing Drive Durango, CO 81301

Dalton Ranch Golf Club (Saturday dinner)
589 County Road 252 (aka Trimble Lane)

I have a lift in my garage if anyone needs to work on their car and here are some auto parts places:

Auto Zone
1316 Main Ave., Durango, CO 81301
(970) 385-0580

O-Reilly’s Auto Parts
2475 Main Ave., Durango, CO 81301
(970) 247-7801

Also for anyone that wants to go downtown and explore there is a free trolley that runs up and down Main Ave. Look for the Free Trolley Bus stops (the signs are green). They are every few blocks. One is a block from the hotels. The ride goes downtown and back all day (7am to 10pm). The bus is red and looks like a street car and says “Free Downtown Trolley” on it.

Click to view attachment
SLITS
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 26 2013, 07:55 AM) *

Also for anyone that wants to go downtown and explore there is a free trolley that runs up and down Main Ave. Look for the Free Trolley Bus stops (the signs are green). They are every few blocks. One is a block from the hotels. The ride goes downtown and back all day (7am to 10pm). The bus is red and looks like a street car and says “Free Downtown Trolley” on it.

Click to view attachment

Is its' name "Desire"?
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 26 2013, 08:14 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 25 2013, 06:10 PM) *

You did not calculate the alcohol quotient warming perceptive temperature of the average 914 guy/girl.

Bon Scot died of hypothermia... rock_band.gif
SharonG

Sharon,

Oops. Fixed the attached and in the 1st post. Click to view attachment

And to clarify with regard to lunch, please tell me if you want lunch on Saturday or if you're going to procure your own lunch.
JRust
I'm going to have to bail this year. Really wanted to make it out & should have my car ready. I've just got to much going on at work unfortunately. Not to mention my boss decided he is taking that week off dry.gif . Trying to come just adds more stress to an allready stressful time. So rather than push things I'm just going to not make the trip out sad.gif . Have fun out there everyone.

I still want my t-shirts. Hopefully Brant can ship them to me smile.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 26 2013, 12:22 PM) *

And to clarify with regard to lunch, please tell me if you want lunch on Saturday or if you're going to procure your own lunch.

Feed me. chowtime.gif
brant
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Aug 26 2013, 02:08 PM) *

QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 26 2013, 12:22 PM) *

Feed me. chowtime.gif

Ditto. I want lunch too
jim_hoyland
Where will lunch be ?
SLITS
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 26 2013, 01:28 PM) *

Where will lunch be ?

In a box and then in your tummy!

Two for lunch Shaaroooon!
Elliot Cannon
No lunch for me thanks. Unless of course you can fill it with veggies. av-943.gif chowtime.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.