Full Version: OFFICIAL RRC 2013 THREAD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Sleepin
Quick edit!

rrc@914world.com

biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
I'm still coming to the RRC. driving.gif My Wife said it was OK wub.gif and the car seems OK, so I'm leaving Wednesday OK?
VegasRacer
Jason was spotted in Vegas this weekend. drunk.gif I hope he will be sober in time to start drinking again for RRC.
JRust
There is a slight chance I might be able to make it. Everyone think positive thoughts. I need a few things to happen. Then not have any major issues at work. Still probably a no go but I am holding onto a little hope I may swing something rolleyes.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 3 2013, 12:01 AM) *

There is a slight chance I might be able to make it. Everyone think positive thoughts. I need a few things to happen. Then not have any major issues at work. Still probably a no go but I am holding onto a little hope I may swing something rolleyes.gif

Quit swinging golf clubs and get your butt to RRC! poke.gif slap.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 2 2013, 09:55 PM) *

I'm still coming to the RRC. driving.gif My Wife said it was OK wub.gif and the car seems OK, so I'm leaving Wednesday OK?

and...
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 2 2013, 11:01 PM) *

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Kansas 914
Here is a weather outlook report as of 8AM Durango time today (Tuesday). This is subject to change....

It was almost 90 degrees here this weekend but cooler weather is forecast.

Click to view attachment
ThinAir
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 3 2013, 08:10 AM) *

Here is a weather outlook report as of 8AM Durango time today (Tuesday). This is subject to change....

It was almost 90 degrees here this weekend but cooler weather is forecast.

Click to view attachment

Looks like perfect weather for a 914 event!
AZ914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 2 2013, 09:04 PM) *

Jason was spotted in Vegas this weekend. drunk.gif I hope he will be sober in time to start drinking again for RRC.

beer3.gif
Heading home now, at the airport. Loading up the 914 and headingvup to PHX this afternoon for the Dbacks. We pick up the RV tomorrow morning and start our RRC adventure!
SharonG
Hey Folks, just to reiterate, Mike Moorman would be happy to have folks at his house before the BBQ, additionally, I'd bet Mike and Mary both would appreciate some pre-BBQ help. beer.gif

And Ricola, I see you stalking on the thread - we're going to miss you! I'm afraid of your wife, though.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 3 2013, 04:41 PM) *

Hey Folks, just to reiterate, Mike Moorman would be happy to have folks at his house before the BBQ, additionally, I'd bet Mike and Mary both would appreciate some pre-BBQ help. beer.gif

Of course - the more the "Mary-er" - (See what I did there?).

If you are in town don't just sit at the hotel. You can come and help get some of the bugs off of Donald's (Hot_Shoe) bumper (he drives at night a lot).

As a matter of fact if anyone wants to come to the house Friday and scrub bugs off their cars feel free to stop in as I will have everything you need to shine your ride (no enclosed trailer queens). biggrin.gif

So much easier than trying to do it in the motel parking lot.
dave29
Sharon...no lunch for Lisa and myself.
Thanks much. Jim And Lisa ask dave29
Sleepin
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 3 2013, 04:49 PM) *

QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 3 2013, 04:41 PM) *

Of course - the more the "Mary-er" - (See what I did there?).

If you are in town don't just sit at the hotel. You can come and help get some of the bugs off of Donald's (Hot_Shoe) bumper (he drives at night a lot).

As a matter of fact if anyone wants to come to the house Friday and scrub bugs off their cars feel free to stop in as I will have everything you need to shine your ride (no enclosed trailer queens). biggrin.gif

So much easier than trying to do it in the motel parking lot.

Mike, Val and I will be there Thursday afternoon doing some pre-event relaxing. If you need anything, don't hesitate to get a hold of us!

Sleepin
Tomorrow! (for some of us) biggrin.gif
SLITS
Toast is out.
ThinAir
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 4 2013, 09:59 AM) *

Toast is out.

sad.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Sep 4 2013, 11:17 AM) *

Toast is out.

sad.gif

IPB Image sad.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 4 2013, 11:41 AM) *

QUOTE(ThinAir @ Sep 4 2013, 11:17 AM) *

Toast is out.

sad.gif

IPB Image sad.gif

sad.gif
hot_shoe914
I'm just a little way outside of Denver if anyone is traveling down tonight. I should be in Durango around 1:00 a.m. I can be reached at 901-484-6977.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 4 2013, 06:28 PM) *

I'm just a little way outside of Denver if anyone is traveling down tonight. I should be in Durango around 1:00 a.m. I can be reached at 901-484-6977.

Donald,

I will have a glass of The Glenlivet waiting for you. Cheers! beer3.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 4 2013, 05:40 PM) *

Donald,

Oooooooo ... single malt scotch ... choice of champions

but

I'll take tequila ... choice of parking lot barbarians.
Sleepin
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 4 2013, 07:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 4 2013, 05:40 PM) *

Donald,

but

Casadores!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 4 2013, 07:29 PM) *

but

Donald,

You better hurry....

Click to view attachment
MoveQik
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 4 2013, 06:29 PM) *

but

*makes note to stop by liquor store* help.gif
Elliot Cannon
It looks like the COTM won't be at the RRC this year. I got about 100 miles east of Needles and lunched a valve. I made so much smoke on the interstate, there can't be a live mosquito anywhere along highway 40 for miles. AAA towed me on a flat bed most of the way home and my wife met me in Tehachapi with our pick-up, a tow bar and hitch. I got home about 10: 30 this evening. It's been a long hot day and I'm glad to be home but am sorry I won't get to see Durango this year. So now, instead of drinking tequila with the barbarians in the parking lot I gotta start pulling the engine out. Have a good time everyone.
Cheers, (sorta) Elliot
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 5 2013, 12:33 AM) *

It looks like the COTM won't be at the RRC this year. I got about 100 miles east of Needles and lunched a valve. I made so much smoke on the interstate, there can't be a live mosquito anywhere along highway 40 for miles. AAA towed me on a flat bed most of the way home and my wife met me in Tehachapi with our pick-up, a tow bar and hitch. I got home about 10: 30 this evening. It's been a long hot day and I'm glad to be home but am sorry I won't get to see Durango this year. So now, instead of drinking tequila with the barbarians in the parking lot I gotta start pulling the engine out. Have a good time everyone.
Cheers, (sorta) Elliot

Elliot,

So sorry to hear about your trouble. Glad you are home safe at least.

You will be missed.
VegasRacer
Is RRC 13 cursed? w00t.gif
hot_shoe914
Betsy and I finally made it to Durango about an hour ago.
jim_hoyland
I'm arriving around noon.
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 4 2013, 11:33 PM) *

Cheers, (sorta) Elliot

With all the cancellations and your problem, I am now officially nervous. Last time there were so many pullouts, I broke piston ring lands on the six and didn't make it.

I think I'll stay at home.
MoveQik
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 5 2013, 05:48 AM) *

I think I'll stay at home.

Weak..... dry.gif
Sleepin
Yeah. I agree. WTF.gif :puss: laugh.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 5 2013, 07:56 AM) *

Yeah. I agree. WTF.gif :puss: laugh.gif

lol-2.gif
rhodyguy
elliot, was the engine a relatively new build by F.A.T.?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 5 2013, 07:45 AM) *

It was about 30K. At first glance, I think it's a valve guide. I'll have to take the head off to see.
SLITS
I am old and weak .... Anybody know where I can buy a bottle of 3 Generations Tequila ... I left the Casadores at home.

I need my God Strength Liquid!!!
ThinAir
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 5 2013, 08:12 AM) *

I am old and weak .... Anybody know where I can buy a bottle of 3 Generations Tequila ... I left the Casadores at home.

Liquid Assets in Cortez. If they don't have it, it doesn't exist.
Sleepin
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 5 2013, 08:57 AM) *

It was about 30K. At first glance, I think it's a valve guide. I'll have to take the head off to see.

Fix it and c'mon!
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 5 2013, 08:34 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 5 2013, 08:57 AM) *

Fix it and c'mon!

I start pulling the engine today. If I can get the heads done by Saturday, I'll see you there. biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 5 2013, 09:45 AM) *

I start pulling the engine today. If I can get the heads done by Saturday, I'll see you there. biggrin.gif

Just take your wife's car. It's faster, handles better and is way more comfortable. happy11.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Sep 5 2013, 08:32 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 5 2013, 08:12 AM) *

Liquid Assets in Cortez. If they don't have it, it doesn't exist.

Thanks Ernie. I called and they're holding a bottle for me! HooooRaaah!!!! ... "That Guy" time.

I think I'll add a bit to my fuel tank for that "extra power". Sure beats the hell outta Ethanol!!
SLITS
I am outta here and on my way ... to Flagstaff. Fingers crossed as it 107 thru the desert!!
JStroud
I'm back in Albuquerque for the night. Get up in the morning, give the car a quick bath, then off to Durango....probably the shortest drive I've made since I left...I get to sleep in. yellowsleep[1].gif

See you there driving.gif

Jeff
ThinAir
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 5 2013, 09:45 AM) *

That's the spirit!
Scott S
Have fun all!! beerchug.gif

I did my undergrad in Durango. Love that town - at least the way it was back in the mid-late 80's!!!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Scott S @ Sep 5 2013, 03:50 PM) *

Have fun all!! beerchug.gif

I did my undergrad in Durango. Love that town - at least the way it was back in the mid-late 80's!!!

It has not changed since the 80's... The 1880's that is!
JRust
Still trying to work something. If I make it it will be saturday morning. I'll be bringing my daughter with me. All hinges on my work & if anything explodes tomorrow. Keep them fingers crossed
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 5 2013, 05:42 PM) *

Still trying to work something. If I make it it will be saturday morning. I'll be bringing my daughter with me. All hinges on my work & if anything explodes tomorrow. Keep them fingers crossed

That is great news - good luck - fingers crossed!
Sleepin
Still processing...may take a few minutes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JOiu9toXw8
SLITS
Made Flag. Dinner, shower and a kinda cheap dinner (Chick-fil-A). icon8.gif

Car and my body did not like the desert.

Good Night!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.