Full Version: OFFICIAL RRC 2013 THREAD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
brant
What?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 29 2013, 09:14 PM) *

F'd up the car. May not make it. sad.gif

WTF.gif do you mean you F'd the car? You may not make it? How many people are baling out on this trip now?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 29 2013, 11:14 PM) *

F'd up the car. May not make it. sad.gif

WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif
Elliot Cannon
OMG I wonder if his brakes failed? happy11.gif
Elliot Cannon
You better bring an answer here Shea. Don't tell us the car is F'ed then disappear on us!!
MoveQik
I saw the pics. Ferfucksake, put a bandaid on it, let us make fun of your stupid move and drink beers with us.

BTW, it is heartbreaking to see so much as a knick in the paint on that amazing car. sad.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 29 2013, 11:14 PM) *

I saw the pics. Ferfucksake, put a bandaid on it, let us make fun of your stupid move and drink beers with us.

BTW, it is heartbreaking to see so much as a knick in the paint on that amazing car. sad.gif

You can copy the image URL here, I'm on my iPhone. Hood won't close right now. I'll try to bang it out and get the hood to close but then there's the valve job and oil change and only three days left (heading to LA right now)
StratPlayer
Ooops
Kansas 914
Take the hood off and bring it - even in the trailer!

It is still a gorgeous example of an award winning GT that we all need to see in person and learn from.

No pressure...
Sleepin
Still looks better than most of ours (well, mine anyways).
TravisNeff
I am not going to be able to make this one, a major upgrade at work failed a couple weeks back and they rescheduled for this event weekend.

I do have a room a the caboose, I need to cancel it today - so if someone is needing a room there, call in quick
Sleepin
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Aug 30 2013, 09:03 AM) *

I am not going to be able to make this one, a major upgrade at work failed a couple weeks back and they rescheduled for this event weekend.

I do have a room a the caboose, I need to cancel it today - so if someone is needing a room there, call in quick

I still need one...we are currently booked at the Worst Western..
Eric_Shea
New hinges being delivered to the shop today by Gene Rice. Pays to have great friends. We think the hinges compressed as the hood was against the windshield. Hood is fine. Windshield is fine. Cowl is tweaked.

On our way to Vegas tonight. John, are you working? I need a drink!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 30 2013, 10:07 AM) *

New hinges being delivered to the shop today by Gene Rice. Pays to have great friends. We think the hinges compressed as the hood was against the windshield. Hood is fine. Windshield is fine. Cowl is tweaked.

Yes! aktion035.gif
914_teener
Put your hand on the venus stick and go Eric!
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 30 2013, 09:07 AM) *

I am off for the weekend. beer3.gif Call me.
Sleepin
Thank you Travis! We are now booked Thur-Sun at The Caboose!
TravisNeff
I am happy you were able to squeeze in there. Sorry I won't make it, looks like this will be a good turnout.

Oh well, the goats would get lonely if I was away LOL
ThinAir

At least you'll be there! I'm sure the story of how this happened is better heard in person.

Drive it! driving.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Aug 30 2013, 10:54 AM) *

I am off for the weekend. beer3.gif Call me.

Numba please.
hot_shoe914
Well, everything is packed, the car is all loaded except for me, my laptop and the cooler. I will be leaving in 30 minutes on the first leg of the trip, Memphis, Tn to Lincoln, Ne. Hopefully all will go smoothly and trouble free. The moon and stars are out, the top is off and I have been up since 5:00 this morning. Should make for an interesting trip. Catch all you awesome teener folks at my first gas stop. See you all in Durango!

Signing off to go driving.gif

Shoe
AZ914
Awesome, safe travels Shoe!
brant
If you want to detour on your way into Lincoln. We are racing in Hastings Nebraska this weekend and there are 7 914 race cars this weekend.
brant
If you want to detour on your way into Lincoln. We are racing in Hastings Nebraska this weekend and there are 7 914 race cars this weekend.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 29 2013, 10:06 AM) *

DANGER, DANGER WILL ROBINSON

As a Public Service Announcement, I am advising all that plan to Caravan with Elliot that he has a "Pilot Relief Tube" installed in his car. Make sure your windshield wipers are functional.

End of Public Service Announcement ...............

Actually I use an empty Gatorade bottle. The mouth of the bottle is just about large enough and the cap seals up tightly. av-943.gif
Sleepin
Fuel pump took a poop. Ron, I sent you an email....
SLITS
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 31 2013, 12:47 PM) *

Sent you back an email!

And waiting for an answer!
Sleepin
Well that was weird. Gotta love intermittent gremlins.
hot_shoe914
Betsy and I made it to Lincoln without any troubles or mechanical failures, all went smooth and she ran like a top. I will leave here early Thursday morning for Durango. beerchug.gif
Sleepin
Good deal! That is a 800 mile jump from Lincoln to Durango...should make that in 8 1/2 hours...biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 31 2013, 04:00 PM) *

Betsy and I made it to Lincoln without any troubles or mechanical failures, all went smooth and she ran like a top. I will leave here early Thursday morning for Durango. beerchug.gif

Good to hear Donald. Let me know when you leave Lincoln - cheers!
Elliot Cannon

I have a low pressure CB Performance pump you can have but you probably have that fancy fuel injection stuff. biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
Good news for somebody - 1 additional room is now available at the Caboose host hotel. Call them directly to reserve this room and join the party.
Sleepin
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 31 2013, 07:05 PM) *

I have a low pressure CB Performance pump you can have but you probably have that fancy fuel injection stuff. biggrin.gif

Thanks Ellyut, yes mine is injected.

On Ron's advice I boosted the fuel pump with my jumper cables for a minute...kicked the pump free and it seems to be working well now! biggrin.gif

...but if I show up with jumper cables running from my engine bay to my front trunk, y'all will know why! laugh.gif
timothy_nd28
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 31 2013, 06:29 PM) *

On Ron's advice I boosted the fuel pump with my jumper cables for a minute...kicked the pump free and it seems to be working well now! biggrin.gif

...but if I show up with jumper cables running from my engine bay to my front trunk, y'all will know why! laugh.gif

Ljet?
Sleepin
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Aug 31 2013, 08:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 31 2013, 06:29 PM) *

Ljet?

Yep....
timothy_nd28
It could also be the dual relay acting up. It wouldn't be a bad thing to have a few radio shack jumpers in the glovebox.
JRust
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 31 2013, 07:43 PM) *

Yep....

Just run a power wire from your coil down to the pump. Works with the key on confused24.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 31 2013, 07:29 PM) *

Why am I not surprised that Ron came up with an idea that worked. pray.gif driving.gif
shelby/914
Just canceled my reservation at the Caboose Motel for Thursday- Saturday nights. Desk clerk sounded very upset, saying that I was the third one. Hopefully someone will pick it up. Sorry to miss the party but a tenant moved out of our house in the mountains and left us a real mess and a money pit.

Brant, since I won't be there just use my T-shirt as a door prize.

Danny
Sleepin
sad.gif We'll miss you Danny!
SharonG
Wow! We've had a lot of people cancel. sad.gif I wonder who the 3 are that just canceled? confused24.gif Please check the list in the 1st post and make sure I have you listed if you're coming. I'll be PMing folks to make sure they want lunch, too. See you in 5 days! beerchug.gif
Sleepin
If anyone has a room at the Best Western, now would be the time to move over to The Caboose. More fun there anyways!
SLITS
It happens every year .....
AZ914
Eric.. I have a fuel pump from my 75 2.0 I could bring.
Sleepin
I think it may be sorted out now. I ran it a few times today without any issues. It may not hurt to have a spare though. biggrin.gif

Oh. Liveuploader is up rrc@914world.com smile.gif
sixnotfour
I had planned to skip a Wedding of Suzie's Boy Friend to my girl friend, Then I was to leave my truck as she needed it for our trailer (yup that kind of wedding), Well after sending my youngest to college this weekend and a flip of the coin, I cannot attend....This changes a number of things for me and Eric Shea, Hopefully the next week I can fulfill the latter part of the trip..So Sad Nacho and That Guy.. sad.gif WTF.gif sad.gif

BTW...another room at the host Hotel... drunk.gif
MoveQik
Well I'm still gonna be there and lunch as planned sounds perfect! beerchug.gif beer3.gif
1stworks
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 1 2013, 09:44 PM) *

Well I'm still gonna be there and lunch as planned sounds perfect! beerchug.gif beer3.gif

+1
SharonG
QUOTE(1stworks @ Sep 2 2013, 09:15 AM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 1 2013, 09:44 PM) *

+1

Thanks Guys! beerchug.gif

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 1 2013, 09:05 PM) *

Oh. Liveuploader is up rrc@914world.com smile.gif

YAY!!!! piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.