Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rusty bucket into Solo toy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Alphaogre
Did you notice a large rigidity difference with the cage in?
Han Solo
QUOTE(Alphaogre @ Jun 27 2016, 05:41 PM) *

Did you notice a large rigidity difference with the cage in?

It was hard to tell with that site being so smooth and having the 400 lbs. of ballast in. The car definitely felt planted and was hooking up really well. It does make getting in and out of the drivers and passenger seat more difficult. The big plus is it should prevent structural failure of the longs or at least postpone that.
Woody
I'm kinda partial to your paint scheme. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
Han Solo
QUOTE(Woody @ Jun 28 2016, 05:24 PM) *

Click to view attachment

They do look alike don't they beerchug.gif

If you're running XP you must have a conversion. Chevy 350 or a Subie?
Woody
QUOTE(Han Solo @ Jul 12 2016, 02:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Woody @ Jun 28 2016, 05:24 PM) *

Click to view attachment

They do look alike don't they beerchug.gif

If you're running XP you must have a conversion. Chevy 350 or a Subie?

Nope just big 4. Its a 80x98 which brings it to 2414. I am in XP primarily for weight reasons. I'm not too far off the pace right now. Maybe a second or so from TTOD and I'm in some fast company. I'm still in the shake down phase with the new engine.

Click to view attachment
Han Solo
Here's what I thought was my best run at Wilmington Champ Tour last weekend. It was followed by a faster re-run (after a red flag) but I missed several shifts and coasted a lot. This 5th run felt the best and salvaged what was a trying event. The Hairy Ant Nest 914 was throwing it's belt regularly. In fact, it threw right at 45 sec. on this video. The new rev limiter 7200 rpm is helping the 2nd to 3rd transitions and I'm achieving 54 mph in 2nd gear. Note that I was up to 60 mph in the first slalom and that was quite fun!

Wilmington 2016 5th run

IPB Image
914forme
I looked for you early Friday, but did not see your car in the paddock yet.

I happen to have a work site right off that tarmac.

Click to view attachment

Came out and heard the music, and saw the cars on course, and was deeply saddened I was not out driving.gif
Han Solo
QUOTE(914forme @ Jul 28 2016, 05:33 PM) *

I looked for you early Friday, but did not see your car in the paddock yet.

I happen to have a work site right off that tarmac.

Click to view attachment

Came out and heard the music, and saw the cars on course, and was deeply saddened I was not out driving.gif

Sorry I missed you. I didn't arrive on site till about 1 pm. It was raining and I missed test and tune. Probably would have thrown that belt every run during that anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.