Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic - OFFICIAL INFO THREAD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
JRust
Maybe if it's a car issue. We can dbl up drivers on cars? I wouldn't mind doing a co-driver thing with mine confused24.gif
shoguneagle
I think everyone who can should make this event. When it was in Arizona, it always seemed to involve Flagstaff; I lived there so I would go meet the people wherever they were staying. Had a lot of fun and the group AWESOME! DO attend and venue being planned seems to be another great one.

Cannot make it this time since my 914 is down and out from the theft we had in Barstow while moving to Oregon.
JRust
Dang wish it was closer. After driving the teener some this weekend. I can't wait to make this trip out. So nice getting seat time. I'll be getting plenty of that this trip. LOL!
MoveQik
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 23 2014, 09:09 PM) *

Dang wish it was closer. After driving the teener some this weekend. I can't wait to make this trip out. So nice getting seat time. I'll be getting plenty of that this trip. LOL!

Awesome!
JRust
Okay people we show 12 people attending. Looking at the list it seems they all have 914's. So how about track time. Wouldn't you enjoy geting out on the autoX track. Just for fun. I could care less who is faster than who. It's just fun to get out on the track & see if you can improve your own time. It's a blast & unless your insane your not going to break anything on your car evilgrin.gif . Just DO IT driving.gif . We need 10 people to step up so we can get the track. At $50 each it is a cheap to have the track for 3 hours. For that matter if we are short a few people. Can we just each pay a little more to do it Mike? We are talking $500 for the track for 3 hours. If there were only 5 of us that's $100 each. I'd certainly prefer to spend a little less than that. So let's get at least closer to 10 confused24.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 24 2014, 10:49 AM) *

Just DO IT driving.gif .

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 24 2014, 11:49 AM) *

Okay people we show 12 people attending. Looking at the list it seems they all have 914's. So how about track time. Wouldn't you enjoy geting out on the autoX track. Just for fun. I could care less who is faster than who. It's just fun to get out on the track & see if you can improve your own time. It's a blast & unless your insane your not going to break anything on your car evilgrin.gif . Just DO IT driving.gif . We need 10 people to step up so we can get the track. At $50 each it is a cheap to have the track for 3 hours. For that matter if we are short a few people. Can we just each pay a little more to do it Mike? We are talking $500 for the track for 3 hours. If there were only 5 of us that's $100 each. I'd certainly prefer to spend a little less than that. So let's get at least closer to 10 confused24.gif

I will call the track and see. It has been a couple of weeks since I spoke with them. The time may be booked.
MoveQik
Getting close! beerchug.gif

Looks like we will be skipping the track. Maybe next year!
JRust
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Feb 28 2014, 10:26 AM) *

Getting close! beerchug.gif

Looks like we will be skipping the track. Maybe next year!

Damn. Oh well would have been a tough one to get there by noon. I won't be as pushed for time this way. I would have gladly foregone some sleep to make it though. Still wish it was 3weeks sooner. I'm ready to roll out of town & be away from work sad.gif .
Madswede
I'd love to be on the track, but it just cannot happen this year. Excuses are like assholes, I know, everyone's got one and they all stink, but in this case mine stinks more than … well, TMI. blink.gif I'll shut up now. laugh.gif
VegasRacer

Looks like we will be skipping the track.

Skipping the track? WTF.gif You mean like drifting on sticky tires where the car kind of skips going around the sweeping turns?
MoveQik
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 1 2014, 08:17 AM) *

Looks like we will be skipping the track.

Skipping the track? WTF.gif You mean like drifting on sticky tires where the car kind of skips going around the sweeping turns?

Much like that, yes. driving.gif Only we'll have to do it on the open road. w00t.gif
MoveQik
17 days! driving.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif
JRust
I'm ready to leave now sad.gif . Just 15 days for me confused24.gif . Time please speed up
worn
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 6 2014, 05:31 AM) *

Attendees:
Wills
Jason(AZ914)
Peterson(VegasRacer)
Nelson(Madswede)
Liz(TurtleGirl)
Jeff(JStroud)
Rick & Sandy
Jamie
Mike(Michael7810)
Mike & Mary Moorman(Kansas914)
Worn
Chris Mueller

I called but didn't get an answer. Maybe a busy time there. I haven't seen above freezing since I went to Seattle at Christmas, so I am ready. beer3.gif

Now! I need suggested spare parts. I have a ton of extras and I do not want to bring them all. But, what should I have?? Need to take a break from the -6 build anyway and start planning. Trying to decide whether I will be able to hear the radio or not. If I head down the Mississippi it will have to be Uncle Tupelo for a day or so...then maybe the AM band. In that case I really should attach the rear window so I can hear anything at all.

I will try calling again.

Travelling south with my MPS adjuster in hand, and an eye on the temp... piratenanner.gif

VegasRacer
smilie_flagge24.gif
AZ914
Woohoo! Finally booked my room... already biggrin.gif
worn
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 6 2014, 07:24 AM) *

Marked and noted. I haven't made one yet. dry.gif Hopefully this year. smile.gif Maybe in a moving truck.... idea.gif Minus 26 deg here today with a -55 deg wind chill factor.

Again. 4 degrees below zero. I booked the room!!
Eric_Shea
Are 10 year olds allowed? (no... I'm not talking about whiskey)
MoveQik
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 6 2014, 05:11 PM) *

You know the answer, of course!
JRust
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 6 2014, 04:11 PM) *

My daughter (Kiana) will be there! She is 18 but she's used to all her younger cousins. They can hang out some smile.gif . Better than all these crazy old guys & their 914's evilgrin.gif

Less than 2 week now. I can damn near taste the open road blink.gif
SLITS
10 & 18 ..... drooley.gif
JRust
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 7 2014, 09:28 AM) *

Damn it I forgot Slits will be there. Better make sure she is packing ar15.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 7 2014, 10:33 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 7 2014, 09:28 AM) *

Damn it I forgot Slits will be there. Better make sure she is packing ar15.gif

10. 18. And Slits. At least 2 out of 3 are out of diapers. slits.gif
Elliot Cannon

All - we don't have all the details yet but we wanted you to be able to mark your calendars! We are moving a little east this year so hopefully we can get the CA folks to drive a little further and also get some new faces as well!

When - March 21 - 23
Where - Albuquerque, NM(Rio Rancho, technically!)

The host hotel for both nights:
The Inn at Rio Rancho
1465 Rio Rancho Drive SE Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87124
1-800-658-9558
Rooms are $55 per night and they are reserving the whole back corner for us(see pic). Tell them your with the group "Porsche 914" so you get a room in the right spot. Parking is right outside the rooms. beerchug.gif
Click to view attachment

The Saturday drive will be a 70 mile run up Highway 4. Taking us up to 10,000' through some great winding roads! Lunch along the way will be at Los Ojo's! You can choose to come back the same way or go to Santa Fe and make the loop. Thank you Nelson(Madswede) for putting the drive together. See map.

Saturday night, dinner and awards will be at very 914 friendly Turtle Mountain Brewery. (1 mile from the hotel) Props to Nico for making room for us during their 15th anniversary weekend!

Click to view attachment

Attendees:
Wills
Jason(AZ914)
Peterson(VegasRacer)
Nelson(Madswede)
Liz(TurtleGirl)
Jeff(JStroud)
Rick & Sandy
Jamie
Mike(Michael7810)
Worn
Chris Mueller

Did someone cancel my room? confused24.gif laugh.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 7 2014, 12:48 PM) *

All - we don't have all the details yet but we wanted you to be able to mark your calendars! We are moving a little east this year so hopefully we can get the CA folks to drive a little further and also get some new faces as well!

When - March 21 - 23
Where - Albuquerque, NM(Rio Rancho, technically!)

The host hotel for both nights:
The Inn at Rio Rancho
1465 Rio Rancho Drive SE Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87124
1-800-658-9558
Rooms are $55 per night and they are reserving the whole back corner for us(see pic). Tell them your with the group "Porsche 914" so you get a room in the right spot. Parking is right outside the rooms. beerchug.gif
Click to view attachment

The Saturday drive will be a 70 mile run up Highway 4. Taking us up to 10,000' through some great winding roads! Lunch along the way will be at Los Ojo's! You can choose to come back the same way or go to Santa Fe and make the loop. Thank you Nelson(Madswede) for putting the drive together. See map.

Saturday night, dinner and awards will be at very 914 friendly Turtle Mountain Brewery. (1 mile from the hotel) Props to Nico for making room for us during their 15th anniversary weekend!

Click to view attachment

Attendees:
Wills
Jason(AZ914)
Peterson(VegasRacer)
Nelson(Madswede)
Liz(TurtleGirl)
Jeff(JStroud)
Rick & Sandy
Jamie
Mike(Michael7810)
Worn
Chris Mueller

Did someone cancel my room? confused24.gif laugh.gif

No, they just assumed since you are a Euell Gibbons look-a-like that you would prefer sleeping on the ground which would give your ready access to the rocks you love to eat.

For the Youngin's in the crowd
worn

(no... I'm not talking about whiskey)

And just why not!? shades.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(worn @ Mar 7 2014, 01:14 PM) *

'Cause he's mor(mo)nic and not allowed.
VegasRacer
The t-shirt company made me have Nico / Liz send them an authorization to use the Turtle Mountain logo before they would approve my art for printing.

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 7 2014, 02:44 PM) *

That's it. I just sent one of my wives over to kick your @$$ Slitzy-Pooh. mad.gif

Elliot Cannon
RUN SLITS RUUUUUNN!
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 8 2014, 07:12 PM) *

RUN SLITS RUUUUUNN!

WOW! Laura has grown up nicely.
worn
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 7 2014, 01:44 PM) *

My mistake, and a humble apology. Yeah, I knew about the Utah part. I guess the advertisement for polygamy should have been a tip off.

Even so, I can bring a 12 year old that my own kids are old enough to drink can't I? beer3.gif Just trying to get the baseline about what is expected. If I make it, it will be my first event and I want to know the rules. Do we go upstairs to remove our Pilotis and dress for dinner?
SLITS
QUOTE(worn @ Mar 10 2014, 09:17 AM) *

Even so, I can bring a 12 year old that my own kids are old enough to drink can't I? beer3.gif Just trying to get the baseline about what is expected. If I make it, it will be my first event and I want to know the rules. Do we go upstairs to remove our Pilotis and dress for dinner?

The rules are .......

NO RULZZ except for no drinking & driving

Remove your Pilotis .... Oh God forbid!

Dress for dinner? ... av-943.gif
worn
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 10 2014, 09:12 AM) *

Remove your Pilotis .... Oh God forbid!
Dress for dinner? ... av-943.gif

Good. That is pretty much what I thought. If I get there... rolleyes.gif popcorn[1].gif
JRust
Changed my oil last night. Getting everything set for my trip. I'm a little limited for space. Still deciding between the spare saver & a full size spare. As limited as my space is I will probably just do the spare saver. I just need to get my flat tow Kit installed tonight. I bought a truck in Idaho. So I will be grabbing it on the way back from Route. I also need to put my travel kit together of tools with a couple parts. Not as worried on parts with the suby.
worn
I got the 914 out of storage yesterday. First week this year with a thaw. Alternator (new) isn't producing the voltage I expect on the gauge. Grounds are good, several new regulators have been swapped. New harness, new battery. New belt with tension. I don get it, but suspect maybe the gauge?

SInce I am covering a lot of ground I would appreciate suggested spares to take and also if there are folks along Route 66, possible havens in distress. With such a simple car, I figure that the breakdowns are likely to be big if at all.
JRust
QUOTE(worn @ Mar 11 2014, 09:03 AM) *

I got the 914 out of storage yesterday. First week this year with a thaw. Alternator (new) isn't producing the voltage I expect on the gauge. Grounds are good, several new regulators have been swapped. New harness, new battery. New belt with tension. I don get it, but suspect maybe the gauge?

SInce I am covering a lot of ground I would appreciate suggested spares to take and also if there are folks along Route 66, possible havens in distress. With such a simple car, I figure that the breakdowns are likely to be big if at all.

Stock car with FI or carbs? When I had my 2.0. I always had 2 spare injectors, Points Cap & Rotor, Clutch cable, Accelerator cable, Fuses, A small floor jack & 2 small jack stands. Oh yeah a Spare is always a good idea biggrin.gif OF course tools to be able to change any of those out is good too confused24.gif
worn
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 11 2014, 12:33 PM) *

Stock car with FI or carbs? When I had my 2.0. I always had 2 spare injectors, Points Cap & Rotor, Clutch cable, Accelerator cable, Fuses, A small floor jack & 2 small jack stands. Oh yeah a Spare is always a good idea biggrin.gif OF course tools to be able to change any of those out is good too confused24.gif

Thanks. I am thinking fuel pump and filter too.

Here is a good reason to go south. I took this this morning. Moved the car out of storage and left it outside for a couple of days and this is what happens
Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(worn @ Mar 12 2014, 08:17 AM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 11 2014, 12:33 PM) *

Thanks. I am thinking fuel pump and filter too.

Here is a good reason to go south. I took this this morning. Moved the car out of storage and left it outside for a couple of days and this is what happens

The car looks great. I can't wait to see it in New Mexico without the snow!
AZ914
Mike,
Are you bringing the red or willow car ?
rick 918-S
Just when I was thinking we were starting to make headway it snowed here again today. dry.gif

The tarp shed to the right in the first photo is where Sandy's car is stored. sad.gif

Here's three days ago when I finally dig my BMW out of the snow.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Mar 12 2014, 08:32 AM) *

Mike,
Are you bringing the red or willow car ?

Hi Jason,

It will have to be the red one - the Willow car is in the same state as when you last saw it but it is my project this year. There is talk among my 914World friends that they are planning an intervention (spelled weekend build) to get the car done. smile.gif

I am trying to get some locals to make the trip - though a few of them might be tail draggers. I know you wouldn't mind!

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 12 2014, 08:36 AM) *

Just when I was thinking we were starting to make headway it snowed here again today. dry.gif

The tarp shed to the right in the first photo is where Sandy's car is stored. sad.gif

Rick,

All the more reason to drive South to sunny New Mexico!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 12 2014, 09:43 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 12 2014, 08:36 AM) *

Rick,

All the more reason to drive South to sunny New Mexico!

5" of new powder and still coming down dry.gif

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 12 2014, 09:44 AM) *

5" of new powder and still coming down dry.gif

I am looking for my device to measure sunshine... happy11.gif

Click to view attachment
SLITS
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 12 2014, 08:48 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Take a head count of mosquitos in the swamp. poke.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 12 2014, 11:09 AM) *

None today.

Ask me again in July......
worn
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 12 2014, 09:09 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I have mosquitos anyway and no mountains. hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif

Rick, should I start by driving north with the padded carharts and a shovel? I have a former grad student up there now on faculty who is young and strong. Should I call in a marker?(actually my tab is in the red in that arena, but he would still do it).
rick 918-S
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 12 2014, 12:09 PM) *

Click to view attachment

YOU DID NOT TAKE THIS TODAY! fyou1.gif No fair... sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.