Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 12 2014, 12:37 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 12 2014, 12:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 12 2014, 08:48 AM) *

I am looking for my device to measure sunshine... happy11.gif

Click to view attachment

Take a head count of mosquitos in the swamp. poke.gif

YOU DID NOT TAKE THIS TODAY! fyou1.gif No fair... sad.gif

Rick - You busted me - that was from December - this is from today (5 minutes ago)!

Click to view attachment
AZ914
What, no golfers?

Oh, I forgot, its not 75 there like it is here biggrin.gif
AZ914
ACHTUNG! The awards have been ordered. Be there or be square.

first.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Mar 12 2014, 07:46 PM) *

What, no golfers?

Oh, I forgot, its not 75 there like it is here biggrin.gif

Nope, not 75 degrees here. The golf course is closed for 2 more weeks.... But then look out! Springtime in the Rockies...
Kansas 914
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Mar 12 2014, 07:47 PM) *

first.gif

The awards are worth the trip! Jason does great awards!
JRust
Man glad I've had my teener out driving this week. Took it to work today. Stopped for gas on the way home & it wouldn't start. MY ignition has been squarely. Replaced the switch twice with no change. I can turn the key & it will turn over no problem bt not start. If I wiggle the key a little while turning. Some of my gauges get a pulse & all it fires & runs. After My key side of the ignition was a little sloppy. After getting gas my key didn't turn as well. I've replaced everything but the key side of things. So glad I had this happen 30min from home. Instead of mid trip. I've got a complete column out of a 73 to replace it. Going to look into new options too. If anyone has one they recommend shoot me a PM
AZ914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 12 2014, 06:58 PM) *

QUOTE(AZ914 @ Mar 12 2014, 07:47 PM) *

first.gif

The awards are worth the trip! Jason does great awards!

Thank! I tried to make these a little more fun laugh.gif
Kansas 914
I was watching the weather forecast for Albuquerque this morning (we don't have a TV station in Durango) and it looks great for the event.

70 degrees everyday and no rain in the forecast...
AZ914
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 12 2014, 07:56 PM) *

Man glad I've had my teener out driving this week. Took it to work today. Stopped for gas on the way home & it wouldn't start. MY ignition has been squarely. Replaced the switch twice with no change. I can turn the key & it will turn over no problem bt not start. If I wiggle the key a little while turning. Some of my gauges get a pulse & all it fires & runs. After My key side of the ignition was a little sloppy. After getting gas my key didn't turn as well. I've replaced everything but the key side of things. So glad I had this happen 30min from home. Instead of mid trip. I've got a complete column out of a 73 to replace it. Going to look into new options too. If anyone has one they recommend shoot me a PM

Strange that it turns over... Maybe in the START position, the starter is obviously getting power but not getting the 'ON' position power. I wouldn't think the tumbler would matter, unless the nub on the end that turns the switch is faulty or twisted or something.. Seems once the starter is turning, the power should be on to the rest of the car. But I don't know squat wink.gif
MoveQik
This time next week…..I am on the road! driving.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 14 2014, 07:26 AM) *

Michael,

When do you plan to arrive? Are you going to be part of a caravan? We thought we would arrive right after the lunch crowd is gone and go to Sadie's.
AZ914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 14 2014, 07:11 AM) *

Michael,

When do you plan to arrive? Are you going to be part of a caravan? We thought we would arrive right after the lunch crowd is gone and go to Sadie's.

I've always wanted to go there!! (Plus have a daughter named Sadie smile.gif )

I'm leaving at the crack of dawn so I can probably make an early afternoon lunch.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Mar 14 2014, 09:11 AM) *

I've always wanted to go there!! (Plus have a daughter named Sadie smile.gif )

I'm leaving at the crack of dawn so I can probably make an early afternoon lunch.

Jason - We should plan on meeting there. The location of Fourth is fairly close to the hotel.

6230 Fourth Street NW
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico 87107
505.345-5339

http://www.sadiesofnewmexico.com/sadies-4th
MoveQik

Michael,

We'll do our best to make it there as well!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 14 2014, 03:39 PM) *

Michael,

We'll do our best to make it there as well!

It will be a great start to the event!
michael7810
Any other Phoenix teeners leaving early Friday morning?
VegasRacer
driving.gif I won't be there in time for lunch.
Look for me to arrive around 4:20. smoke.gif
worn
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Mar 14 2014, 05:32 PM) *

I am leaving tuesday morning. Does that count? Can i come too? I will prolly get lost, but i figure on finding N.M.
JRust
I hope to be leaving SLC thursday. Not sure how early I'll be getting there though. If I get there early enough we'll try to get a few hours in. I'd like to get to Moab but all depends how the trip to SLC goes
MoveQik
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Mar 14 2014, 06:32 PM) *

Hey Mike,

I have Waide riding shotgun and just talked to him today. We are heading out Thursday and will stay at our cabin in Pinetop Thursday night. Makes for a short 4 hour drive on Friday morning. Let me know if interested in joining us!
MoveQik
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 14 2014, 07:10 PM) *

driving.gif I won't be there in time for lunch.
Look for me to arrive around 4:20. smoke.gif

4:20? That sounds like a perfect snack time. smile.gif
michael7810
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 14 2014, 07:33 PM) *

Hey Mike,

I have Waide riding shotgun and just talked to him today. We are heading out Thursday and will stay at our cabin in Pinetop Thursday night. Makes for a short 4 hour drive on Friday morning. Let me know if interested in joining us!

Mike- thanks for the offer but I can't leave early enough on Thursday. Planning to leave 6am. Gimme a call if you get a late start on Friday.
Elliot Cannon
First stop. Guess the airport, win a beer.
Elliot Cannon
Destination.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 14 2014, 07:51 PM) *

Kingman. Flown there myself biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 14 2014, 07:03 PM) *

And the destination?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 14 2014, 09:32 PM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 14 2014, 07:03 PM) *

And the destination?

That would be the Double Eagle II. biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 14 2014, 07:33 PM) *

Hey Mike,

4 hours ..... that makes me icon8.gif

I think you should drive in circles for 10 hours then head out.
VegasRacer
This is not the way Elvira usually looks a week before an event. w00t.gif

The new MSD had better solve what seems to be intermittent ignition problems!?!? shades.gif
I wish all 914 repairs were as easy as replacing the rear lenses. biggrin.gif Thanks Jamie.
The door handle decided to break yesterday. I pulled a replacement from the yellow 75 out back. happy11.gif
New tires are always a treat. aktion035.gif
The little square plastic connector cover on top of the gas tank (73-74 model) jumped off and is now lodged under the tank. headbang.gif Anybody have a spare they could bring me? pray.gif
worn
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 15 2014, 12:23 PM) *

This is not the way Elvira usually looks a week before an event. w00t.gif

The new MSD had better solve what seems to be intermittent ignition problems!?!? shades.gif
I wish all 914 repairs were as easy as replacing the rear lenses. biggrin.gif Thanks Jamie.
The door handle decided to break yesterday. I pulled a replacement from the yellow 75 out back. happy11.gif
New tires are always a treat. aktion035.gif
The little square plastic connector cover on top of the gas tank (73-74 model) jumped off and is now lodged under the tank. headbang.gif Anybody have a spare they could bring me? pray.gif

Sorry about the missing pieces. I have to leave a little earlier and we have wiring, new headlights, bilsteins (thanks Eric) and the bloody wiring to the gauge isn't reflecting the real voltage at the battery. Also Dakota Digital CHT gauge. Trying to decide between keeping the vdo, which i mistrust and installing the new cht on the other bank or replacing outright, keeping the thermocouple under #3. Leaning towards more gauges.
I know some of you could do more, but i am not looking for more than 500 miles in a day. My back isn't up to it.

Also, i have no idea about when and where to meet. I promise not to bring snow. driving.gif
AZ914
Whats the plastic connector?
JRust
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 15 2014, 01:23 PM) *

I'll be glad to see them in person! Good to see your slumming it in the 914 this trip evilgrin.gif

I installed my push button to fix my ignition issue. Spent probably half my day screwing with stereo stuff. Man I am rusty. Been about good 15 years since I've done any car stereo stuff. Added an amp & have the option of a sub when I want. Stuck it in the front trunk just to see if I could notice it. I'll be doing some kind of custom box soon. I like a nice complete sound. While I like the sound of my motor. I've got a good 45+ hours of driving this trip ahead of me.

I also installed my flat tow kit. I really need to do a hard wire deal that uses my cars lights. Rather than bring my magnetic lights. One less thing to haul around with me. I need my flat tow kit as I bought a truck in Idaho. So I'll be towing my 914 for about 10 hours on my way back home.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(worn @ Mar 15 2014, 06:33 PM) *

. . . . Also, i have no idea about when and where to meet. driving.gif

When - ASAP. I think Elliot may be there already. rolling.gif Many others are shooting for lunch on Friday.
Where - The back parking lot of the host hotel. beerchug.gif
MoveQik
My car is ready with one exception….and it is only cosmetic. I need to re-do the top pad of the dash where the defrost vents used to be. The question is….do I want to deal with those fuching nuts that hold the dash in place? headbang.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 16 2014, 05:38 AM) *

My car is ready with one exception….and it is only cosmetic. I need to re-do the top pad of the dash where the defrost vents used to be. The question is….do I want to deal with those fuching nuts that hold the dash in place? headbang.gif

Wait until after the event! It gives us something (the only thing) to harass you about on your car.

"I would have voted for your car because you have a great engine, paint and wheels but that dash......." biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 16 2014, 03:38 AM) *

What have you done to take care of the scratch on the left rear fender? sad.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Mar 15 2014, 07:25 PM) *

Whats the plastic connector?

It is a plastic cover, not a connector that I am missing.

Madswede
Local update:

WX: It's been chilly and rainy (unusual), and now it's windy and warming up (the usual). Early NWS forecast for the weekend has it in the mid-60s. Will be colder, perhaps as much as 10-15 degrees up in the Valles Caldera (aka Valle Grande), depending on cloud cover. Should be a great and beautiful driving weekend! I scouted the road not too long ago and it's in very good shape. (During the Atomic Ramble it was stripped and covered with gravel, not driveable for our purposes, so the route was changed to the Cedar Crest run that we went on).

Blah blah: Due to other commitments, my personal attendance will be limited I regret to report, and my car won't be at the event for various reasons, much to the relief of Wills I suspect. rolleyes.gif I should be around Friday (lunch at Sadie's is a great idea!). I don't know about Saturday. I'm hoping to have time to make the drive up with someone (it's one of my absolute faves!) as either a passenger or with my FJ Cruiser as a sag wagon. At this point, the dinner is out for me. sad.gif Can't have everything, where would I put it? By the way, I'm a good weight penalty for all of you FI big-6 guys!

The Drive: If I can't go on the drive, LizO can guide I'm sure. It's really only two turns to make. The host hotel is on Hwy 528 which you can take north to Hwy 550 at the very north end of Rio Rancho, then turn left and go to San Ysidro where you turn right on Hwy 4, and follow it up. Los Ojos Saloon is right on Hwy 4 in the middle of the town of Jemez Springs, and the Valle Grande is also on Hwy 4, with some turnouts for photo op moments with the gorgeous valley behind you. So if anyone gets lost, let me know so I can laugh at them. lol-2.gif

It should be a blast! aktion035.gif

EDIT: If anyone needs any local support, bad repair advice, good tow/mechanic/lawyer advice or bond money, I can be reached for help, sympathy, and/or derisive laughter (depending on my mood and availability) via my cell at (505) 980-4882
MoveQik
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 16 2014, 10:28 AM) *

Oh its fixed. I got the car repainted. bootyshake.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 16 2014, 01:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 16 2014, 10:28 AM) *

Oh its fixed. I got the car repainted. bootyshake.gif

I mean the one on the other side. poke.gif You looked, didn't you? biggrin.gif
JRust
Here is my planned route down from picking up my daughter. If I can get some driving in thursday I will. Trying to leave Oregon wednesday after work. If I am lucky I will get out a little early. If I can get to Boise wednesday night I will. In which case I'll be in great shape thursday to leave early. If so I will be going by Arches for some photo's not he drive down friday. Anybody on my drive down want to caravan?
West Jordan Utah to Route 66
TurtleGirl
Hey! I'm actually on this thing! (MIDTERMS ARE DONE!!!!)

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend! I have to work until 5 on Friday (The only way to get saturday and sunday off.... couldn't swing all 3. Yay restaurant life.) so I'm out for the Sadie's lunch. Have some stuffed sopas for me. Delish!

(Yes, Sadies is where the locals go.)

I can navigate on Saturday for the drive. I will not be taking the 914 on the run, so we'll have a sag wagon. (pesky registration and insurance. blink.gif )

Hopefully I'll get my car to the parking lot on Friday night though!

Over and out!

Liz
AZ914
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 16 2014, 07:58 PM) *

Here is my planned route down from picking up my daughter. If I can get some driving in thursday I will. Trying to leave Oregon wednesday after work. If I am lucky I will get out a little early. If I can get to Boise wednesday night I will. In which case I'll be in great shape thursday to leave early. If so I will be going by Arches for some photo's not he drive down friday. Anybody on my drive down want to caravan?
West Jordan Utah to Route 66

Nice route Jamie! No freeways! driving.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Mar 17 2014, 08:42 AM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 16 2014, 07:58 PM) *

Nice route Jamie! No freeways! driving.gif

Jamie - US550 runs behind the house so we are taking it all the way down. What time will you be going thru Farmington, NM? We are planning on leaving the house between 8:30 and 9:00am Friday. and Farmington is just over an hour from us.

Our plan is to be at Sadie's close to 1pm.
Kansas 914
Here are our cellphone numbers (text is probably best) so we can stay in touch during the event:

Mike = 817-832-4171
Mary = 817-247-1319
MoveQik
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 17 2014, 07:57 AM) *

Here are our cellphone numbers (text is probably best) so we can stay in touch during the event:

Mike = 817-832-4171
Mary = 817-247-1319

Got em! Mine is 480-227-9967. Text or call.
JRust
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 17 2014, 08:00 AM) *

[Jamie - US550 runs behind the house so we are taking it all the way down. What time will you be going thru Farmington, NM? We are planning on leaving the house between 8:30 and 9:00am Friday. and Farmington is just over an hour from us.

My cell is 541-510-0086. Not sure on time yet Mike. All hinges on when I leave work wednesday. If I can get out midday I'll be in good shape. Then making at least Moab thursday is likely. If I am stuck working a full day then I may not leave SLC until early friday morning. Be cool to make the Sadies lunch but is probably doubtful at this point. All hinges on Wednesday, Work & traveling without any problems huh.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 17 2014, 09:33 AM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 17 2014, 08:00 AM) *

[Jamie - US550 runs behind the house so we are taking it all the way down. What time will you be going thru Farmington, NM? We are planning on leaving the house between 8:30 and 9:00am Friday. and Farmington is just over an hour from us.

My cell is 541-510-0086. Not sure on time yet Mike. All hinges on when I leave work wednesday. If I can get out midday I'll be in good shape. Then making at least Moab thursday is likely. If I am stuck working a full day then I may not leave SLC until early friday morning. Be cool to make the Sadies lunch but is probably doubtful at this point. All hinges on Wednesday, Work & traveling without any problems huh.gif

Understood - let us know if you need anything along the way.
MoveQik
Shot in the dark....anyone have a good set of taillight lenses they are itching to get rid of at R66? I have Euro's now but I wouldn't mind US if they are clean. How about a Jack post cover? sunglasses.gif
JRust
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 17 2014, 09:30 AM) *

Shot in the dark....anyone have a good set of taillight lenses they are itching to get rid of at R66? I have Euro's now but I wouldn't mind US if they are clean. How about a Jack post cover? sunglasses.gif

I'm sure I have a Jackpost cover no problem. I'll dbl check lenses but I don't think I have a set nice enough to grace your car. Last nice set I had were Euro's & they are on Pederson's car.

What Route are you taking down Mike M? Are you meeting up with Wills in Farmington?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.