Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic - OFFICIAL INFO THREAD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
MoveQik
All - we don't have all the details yet but we wanted you to be able to mark your calendars! We are moving a little east this year so hopefully we can get the CA folks to drive a little further and also get some new faces as well!

When - March 21 - 23
Where - Albuquerque, NM(Rio Rancho, technically!)

The host hotel for both nights:
The Inn at Rio Rancho
1465 Rio Rancho Drive SE Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87124
1-800-658-9558
Rooms are $55 per night and they are reserving the whole back corner for us(see pic). Tell them your with the group "Porsche 914" so you get a room in the right spot. Parking is right outside the rooms. beerchug.gif
Click to view attachment

Friday lunch if you can make it -
Sadie's
1pm(ish)
6230 Fourth Street NW
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico 87107
505.345-5339

FRIDAY NIGHT BBQ!
Thanks to our local member Nelson, there will be a BBQ on Friday night. $5-$10 donation.

The Saturday drive will be a 70 mile run up Highway 4. Taking us up to 10,000' through some great winding roads! Lunch along the way will be at Los Ojo's! You can choose to come back the same way or go to Santa Fe and make the loop. Thank you Nelson(Madswede) for putting the drive together. See map.

Saturday night, dinner and awards will be at very 914 friendly Turtle Mountain Brewery. (1 mile from the hotel) Props to Nico for making room for us during their 15th anniversary weekend!

Click to view attachment

Attendees:
Wills
Jason(AZ914)
Peterson(VegasRacer)
Nelson(Madswede)
Liz(TurtleGirl)
Jeff(JStroud)
Rick & Sandy
Jamie
Mike(Michael7810)
Mike & Mary Moorman(Kansas914)
Worn
Ell-Yut
rick 918-S
Marked and noted. I haven't made one yet. dry.gif Hopefully this year. smile.gif Maybe in a moving truck.... idea.gif Minus 26 deg here today with a -55 deg wind chill factor.
David_S
Mine MAY be driveable by then .... it may not be finished, but will hopefully be driveable !! Albuquerque is about 4 hours from me so if nothing else I may can show up in something else !!
JStroud
I would really like to make this, since my son and two grandsons live in Albuquerque, we'll see though, cars on the lift...engines on the ground.

Jeff
cpavlenko
Hmmmm, That's close to me. Please let me know where to meet.
euro911
QUOTE(JStroud @ Jan 6 2014, 08:43 AM) *
I would really like to make this, since my son and two grandsons live in Albuquerque, we'll see though, cars on the lift...engines on the ground.

Jeff
I'm in.

Make up your mind, Jeff ... the motor's out, then in, then out again ... WTF.gif

laugh.gif
Elliot Cannon
After breaking down on the way to Red Rocks, I would really like to make this trip. I've waited so long to put my engine back together, I hope I can remember how it's re-assembled. biggrin.gif
CptTripps
Hmmm....

This could give me some awesome motivation to get mine on the road.

Hey Rick: Maybe I can rent a double-trailer and pick you and a car up on the way?
SLITS
Noted .... 753 miles .... maybe not this time.
Eric_Shea

Jeff

Where's the fuel pump? biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Jan 6 2014, 01:41 PM) *

Hmmm....

Hey Rick: Maybe I can rent a double-trailer and pick you and a car up on the way?

Nay, I'm driving her. But we can caravan. aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment
AZ914
Turtle Mountain anyone? beer3.gif
JRust
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=ml
Just under 2900 miles & 45 hours of driving confused24.gif

Hell yes I'm in! Timing is perfect as I need to be in Vegas for work the following monday. So instead of the company spending money on my plane ticket. They can pay for most my gas evilgrin.gif . I think my daughter Kiana will be coming with. Looks like a great week for me. I'll fly her back to SLC from Vegas. Then fly my wife out to Vegas later in the week. She'll keep me company on the drive back through CA the following weekend piratenanner.gif . I'm stoked
JStroud
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 6 2014, 10:42 AM) *

Jeff
I'm in.

Make up your mind, Jeff ... the motor's out, then in, then out again ... WTF.gif

laugh.gif

I know right, got almost finished reinstalling the 2056, then it sold, now its back out waiting to go down south, the new six is sitting there waiting for McMark to have time to install the new motor mount......so realistically I'm shooting for RRC. shades.gif

Jeff
michael7810
I'm in
JStroud
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 6 2014, 02:12 PM) *

Jeff

Where's the fuel pump? biggrin.gif

Right now?........in a cabinet....bought a new one....eventually it will go in the front trunk........maybe.....you know vapor lock is just a myth. lol-2.gif

Jeff
euro911
I might have an open seat, Ron ... but it's only a measly '4' laugh.gif

Michael, do you want me to bring those Honda GL-1200 air boxes?
MoveQik
Nice to see some new faces on the potential attendee list! beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
WTF.gif It is absolutely amazing that this will be the 10th year for the Route 66 Classic.
I never thought it would last half this long.

stirthepot.gif I guess this will probably be the last one? Right?

Are there going to be any special surprises planned for this final anniversary event? smilie_pokal.gif

euro911
Why would it be the last one? ... you pulling your support? slap.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 6 2014, 08:39 PM) *

you pulling your support? slap.gif

No, splat.gif . . . . your leg.

I'm just saying that you and everybody else who ever attended one of the previous 9 events, have an obligation to come this anniversary year.

(virgins are always welcome) drunk.gif

It doesn't matter what you drive either. smilie_wirdgut.gif Just show up.
r_towle
idea.gif
David_S
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 6 2014, 04:51 PM) *

Hmmm....

Click to view attachment

I bet I know of a pic that will be taken in Tucumcari !!!! aktion035.gif
euro911
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jan 6 2014, 09:41 PM) *
... I'm just saying that you and everybody else who ever attended one of the previous 9 events, have an obligation to come this anniversary year.

Gotcha.

The 'BB' should be able to make a deuce appearance ... no more Toyotas or H2O VWs laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

SLITS
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 6 2014, 10:59 PM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jan 6 2014, 09:41 PM) *
... I'm just saying that you and everybody else who ever attended one of the previous 9 events, have an obligation to come this anniversary year.

Gotcha.

The 'BB' should be able to make a deuce appearance ... no more Toyotas or H2O VWs laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

Lake Havasu?
euro911
Yeah, 2012. I didn't make it last year.

You remember my first run, don't you? laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
SLITS
Yep .... watched the fake Bug blow in my rear view mirror ... av-943.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Jan 6 2014, 05:43 PM) *

Turtle Mountain anyone? beer3.gif

This is just a quick ride out on the company jet perhaps I could blast out after work on saturday and fly home sunday. beerchug.gif
euro911
I was marking up my new 2014 calendar and realized that I have another event scheduled for that same week end mad.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 14 2014, 09:32 PM) *

I was marking up my new 2014 calendar and realized that I have another event scheduled for that same week end mad.gif

Easy enough. Cancel the other event. beerchug.gif
euro911
Unfortunately, there's a atmospheric balloon project that I'm involved with and the team is counting on my presence ... dry.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 14 2014, 10:28 PM) *

Unfortunately, there's a atmospheric balloon project that I'm involved with and the team is counting on my presence ... dry.gif

Tell them to let go of it....let it float up and let you know what happens. My guess is that it will pop. But I am no scientist. shades.gif
euro911
I submitted a schedule change request ... we'll see what happens confused24.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 14 2014, 09:28 PM) *

Well, you are known for expelling gas so you won't blow up. icon8.gif
JRust
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 15 2014, 07:47 AM) *

AE354803
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 6 2014, 05:31 AM) *

All - we don't have all the details yet but we wanted you to be able to mark your calendars! We are moving a little east this year so hopefully we can get the CA folks to drive a little further and also get some new faces as well!

When - March 21 - 23
Where - Albuquerque, NM

More info to follow but we hope to see you there!

We will keep this thread updated as the details get nailed down.
Happy New Year!

So what's the plan on this thing? Meet up in Albuquerque and go on local drives? Drive east or west to some destination?
euro911
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 15 2014, 11:37 AM) *
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 15 2014, 07:47 AM) *
Click to view attachment

No, it isn't the annual 'Blue Flame' convention

Click to view attachment

... although, it IS a fun gig laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
worn
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 6 2014, 02:51 PM) *

Hmmm....

I can't say I can keep up, but maybe I can come too?
76-914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 6 2014, 01:09 PM) *

Noted .... 753 miles .... maybe not this time.

agree.gif Tambien! IMHO, Red River is much nicer than ABQ.
MoveQik
QUOTE(AE354803 @ Jan 15 2014, 12:00 PM) *

So what's the plan on this thing? Meet up in Albuquerque and go on local drives? Drive east or west to some destination?

We will nail down a host hotel and camp there for two night. Friday night a meet & greet in the parking lot. Saturday a day trip somewhere with lunch along the way. We'll squeeze in a show & shine as well. Then Saturday night dinner with awards at a location TBD. Sunday you can roll out whenever you need to. biggrin.gif

More details will follow soon.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JStroud @ Jan 6 2014, 07:43 AM) *

Jeff

That's 1000 miles from my house Jeff. You're another what? 150? Talk me into it. dry.gif
JRust
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 15 2014, 03:51 PM) *

Jeff

That's 1000 miles from my house Jeff. You're another what? 150? Talk me into it. dry.gif

I will evilgrin.gif
here kitty kitty! Whats a measly 1150 miles. Here Kitty Kitty happy11.gif
worn
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 6 2014, 07:24 AM) *

Marked and noted. I haven't made one yet. dry.gif Hopefully this year. smile.gif Maybe in a moving truck.... idea.gif Minus 26 deg here today with a -55 deg wind chill factor.

I see it as about 1400 miles each way. With a 4 and somewhat heating heads i may just see you in passing. But i am tweaking towards rich to get the heads happy. And eric is either going to findv me new shocks or perhaps evaluate the car in person. My moms ashes will be riding along. How she loved the four corners region. I think Seattle was never the same for her, beautiful as it was even back in the quiet days. She wont be making the return trip.
Here it is just going to sit beflow zero for a week, so when my block of lectures ared done yet spring is a minimum of two moths away, well. I hope to be ready. Last year i missed out.
Gonna try to make this work. I have the summer tires on. Need to change?
worn
QUOTE(AE354803 @ Jan 15 2014, 11:00 AM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 6 2014, 05:31 AM) *

When - March 21 - 23
Where - Albuquerque, NM

More info to follow but we hope to see you there!

We will keep this thread updated as the details get nailed down.
Happy New Year!

I thought it went through santa fe, not abq. Route 66 that is. I admit to being vague on this.
rnellums
No, it ran through ABQ (Central Ave. is old Rt. 66), although for some reason there are some historic rt. 66 signs near Santa Fe too... Is a cruise up through the Jemez on the Docket? I know the owners of a Music camp in Jemez that might let us rent out the camp (individual cabins, etc. if that would be of interest).
MoveQik
QUOTE(worn @ Jan 17 2014, 09:14 PM) *

I thought it went through santa fe, not abq. Route 66 that is. I admit to being vague on this.

It hits ABQ. That said, Route 66 is not a requirement for this event. :-)
JRust
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 18 2014, 06:04 AM) *

At some point coming. You should hit Route 66 one way or the other. Just a name & an excuse to get a bunch of psychotic teeners together for a party piratenanner.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 18 2014, 08:56 AM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 18 2014, 06:04 AM) *

At some point coming. You should hit Route 66 one way or the other. Just a name & an excuse to get a bunch of psychotic teeners together for a party piratenanner.gif

agree.gif
rnellums
Well we could always do one of he Breaking bad tours? I know of a store downtown that carries a "special" kind of rock candy.
JStroud
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 15 2014, 05:39 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 15 2014, 03:51 PM) *

Jeff

I will evilgrin.gif
here kitty kitty! Whats a measly 1150 miles. Here Kitty Kitty happy11.gif

Your car will be done by then....no reason not to go. driving.gif

My white car won't be making the trip...its being taken apart and body work started....once the engine mount is welded in and oil tank holes cut it will get painted before I put it back together....so no trips for that car this year....unless I make RRC. shades.gif

But I did buy a "running" car so I would have something to drive, it may look ugly....but if I can get it mechanicaly sound, or close...I'll drive it driving.gif

Here's a shot of the grandsons at the 66 diner in Albuquerque, last year on my trip.

Click to view attachment

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.