Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW and Western Canada Transmission Clinic, how about Aug?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
NORD

I will be rebuilding a box and have 1 1/2 boxs for parts if anybody needs parts.

Also have a early intermediate plate for 6 linkage if anyone needs one and a rear trans cover without broken mounts. If your box is broken let me know.
Dr Evil
I'll contact you about cores wink.gif
Mr.242
We have our cabin in Shelton we can use. good view and only catch would be for me to ask my father in-law to move some cars around. He has his stash in there and we'd have room. We also have a car port to work under. August has the potential to be extremely warm.

Just need people who need tranny's done. or as Dr. Evil says "Paying customers"
NORD
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ May 26 2014, 09:54 AM) *

We have our cabin in Shelton we can use. good view and only catch would be for me to ask my father in-law to move some cars around. He has his stash in there and we'd have room. We also have a car port to work under. August has the potential to be extremely warm.

Just need people who need tranny's done. or as Dr. Evil says "Paying customers"

If there is an AX that weekend we could trash them Saturday and rebuild on Sunday. I'll check AX schedule.
Dr Evil
I would not recommend trying to do it in one day. You may end up screwed. I plan for two days, Sat-Sun so that I have Sun to finish up any stragglers or issues.
Daiberl
I plan to attend, will be back in Seattle on August 18th, riding the motorcycle to Alaska from August 8th to August 18th piratenanner.gif So every weekend afterwards works for me.
bradtho
QUOTE(Daiberl @ May 26 2014, 09:09 PM) *

I plan to attend, will be back in Seattle on August 18th, riding the motorcycle to Alaska from August 8th to August 18th piratenanner.gif So every weekend afterwards works for me.

Juergen, you still looking to do 2 boxes? I should be available still and would be happy to kick in some money to help cover one.
aircooledtechguy
I'm not going to be able to commit to coming in August. sad.gif If I can make it, I woun't know until the day before. I'm planning a trip with my shop-car to a race the 2nd week in Sept and my weekends are going to be full as the last-minute mad-scramble sets in. driving.gif I'll be there in spirit for sure though. beer3.gif
stimpyvan
I would be interested in rebuilding a box. The final (5th) weekend of August would work for me. It is probably worth pointing out that that is also Labor Day weekend.

Van
Daiberl
QUOTE(bradtho @ May 27 2014, 01:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Daiberl @ May 26 2014, 09:09 PM) *

Juergen, you still looking to do 2 boxes? I should be available still and would be happy to kick in some money to help cover one.

Brad, still need two boxes done so if you can cover the labor I bring the transmission and will cover the clinic.
sportlicherFahrer
At this point it looks like I will be in. I have 2 cores and one good one. Will more than likely be upgrading my intermediate and diff.... Once we are done, I dont want to have two cores left. Just one good one to drive with. So if anybody else is looking for one to play with or hold on to.....
Dr Evil
I will buy your core. It is how I am able to pay for this clinic, buying and selling parts.

If anyone has spare cores, let me know, please. I am coming out specifically for the clinic and to get cores to harvest and ship back.
audio_file
I'm still up for this as a paying customer... glad to see this back on the table.
Chris
Dr Evil
Does Labor Day weekend matter to anyone? I would want to be at a clinic if I was not the one doing it smile.gif

I would like to solidify a date soon. I will put my request in and have that squared. I also need to solidify a location but have not had a response to my emails to Dave at Triad for a few days. It has been a holiday weekend, though, so I will wait until the end of the week to make a decision. So far we have a great location at Mark's (mr242) beach house (been there, this would work), a big shop with all the amenities 100mi north of Seattle, Dave at Tirad's shop. Did I miss any???
bradtho
Alright well looks like you can put Juergen down for 2 this should work for me too.
ben*james
Sign me up for the last weekend in August. Ill labor over the box.
JRust
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 27 2014, 01:46 PM) *

So far we have a great location at Mark's (mr242) beach house (been there, this would work), a big shop with all the amenities 100mi north of Seattle, Dave at Tirad's shop. Did I miss any???

I believe that is south of Seattle. The house is by a lake too unless they have another one I don't know about evilgrin.gif . Great spot for it if a little off the beaten path
rhodyguy
the shelton location is prob 1 hour 15 minutes, maybe 2 from seattle proper. depending where the lake is located. on the olympia side or north of? i'm still in for the clinic. looks like there are a lot of cores around here. you might be shocked.
NORD
I told Mike that we could have it in my garage also, that is the place 100 miles North of Seattle. 1600 sq ft, could put in 9 - 11 work spaces. Maybe the Canadians would come down for it here. Big 2 acre yard, 3 bathes and a place everyone could crash for the night. Have a press and 2 pans for parts washing. smash.gif
rhodyguy
nord's offer sounds like a good one too.
ben*james
Being from Portland, I'd prefer the southern side of Seattle smile.gif
jsaum
I have a tail shifter I will unload and bring the one from the last clinic to go through and see why it's popping out of 4th gear.
Dr Evil
So, I am liking the last weekend (Labor Day). I will firm that up now. However, the location is looking like between Mark's house on the sound (been there, loved it), and NORDs automotive Garage Majal. Would everyone be willing to drive up to NORDS? I know Marks and it offers some nice amenities and privacy close to the city wink.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(jsaum @ May 30 2014, 04:30 PM) *

I have a tail shifter I will unload and bring the one from the last clinic to go through and see why it's popping out of 4th gear.

Absolutely.
rhodyguy
What's the name of the lake....mark, mike c......?
Mr.242
It is in Shelton on Hammersly Inlet. Salt water and not a lake. Only hold up would be it's my in-laws. I will have to ask if they are cool with it.

ben*james
I'm cool with the inlet if it's a go. Where is Nords?
Dr Evil
I would love this location smile.gif

Just sayin.....
rhodyguy
Nord lives in Lynden.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 1 2014, 08:45 AM) *

Nord lives in Lynden.

Which is about 15 or so miles south of the Canadian border.
Dr Evil
I see maybe one Canadian coming....where are the rest? If the Canadians can make it, that makes NORDs place ideal as I can do a WC Canada and PNW clinic.
NORD

I'm between Bellingham and Lynden. 9 miles south of the border off hwy 539.

driving.gif
Dr Evil
Alright, I did update the title to say Canada....lets see if we can lure them across the boarder smile.gif

Is there anyone where for which NORDS place is too far and you would not go? I need to know if I should forget this as a possibility.

Consequently, I am still planning on snatching a hoard of boxes from Dave at Triad (whenever I hear back from him) and taking them to the location where the clinic will be the day before so I can part them before the clinic. Then, I will take the day after the clinic and return the rental van and drop off the carcasses at the scrap yard.

Things that can help me out greatly, if you can; a van (and maybe a driver) to transport the transmissions (some compensation offered as this saves me $$ for the rental), and someone to offer to take the core parts not used to the scrapper (you can keep them, or you can scrap them and keep the $$). This saves me time on the ground. If I can avoid being out there more than 4 days total this will make my day job suck less (they will lump my 12hr shifts together to make time for me to be off and it sucks), and will allow for less time away from my family (makes wife and boy happy).

Let me know if you can help a brother out.
Dr Evil
Time off request in for 5th weekend of Aug (30-31).
Dr Evil
First post updated. If you want to come and are not on the list, let me know. If there is a location that will not work for you, let me know. The dates are firm, I hope the location firms up as well, soon. See first post and report in please smile.gif
NORD

Where are you people from Canada??? I know non of you have a car that runs so should be no problem coming down with a Tranny to rebuild. smoke.gif is Legal here.
Dr Evil
OK, got the go ahead for the waterfront shop of Mr. 242's in-laws smile.gif It appears to be the most central to those that have contacted me. With this, I will start taking tuition/reservations. smile.gif

I will update the first post. Perhaps Mark can chime in with a more exact address for those wanting to go?
Dr Evil
Please also see note on getting intermediate plate bearings. If you can, do so. It will be the best thing in the long run. Contact me if you want some and I will try to locate some at a discount. More people = less $$ per person.
warpig
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 1 2014, 01:28 PM) *

Alright, I did update the title to say Canada....lets see if we can lure them across the boarder smile.gif

Is there anyone where for which NORDS place is too far and you would not go? I need to know if I should forget this as a possibility.

Consequently, I am still planning on snatching a hoard of boxes from Dave at Triad (whenever I hear back from him) and taking them to the location where the clinic will be the day before so I can part them before the clinic. Then, I will take the day after the clinic and return the rental van and drop off the carcasses at the scrap yard.

Things that can help me out greatly, if you can; a van (and maybe a driver) to transport the transmissions (some compensation offered as this saves me $$ for the rental), and someone to offer to take the core parts not used to the scrapper (you can keep them, or you can scrap them and keep the $$). This saves me time on the ground. If I can avoid being out there more than 4 days total this will make my day job suck less (they will lump my 12hr shifts together to make time for me to be off and it sucks), and will allow for less time away from my family (makes wife and boy happy).

Let me know if you can help a brother out.

I might maybe able to help with that. I was thinking of coming up to observe and help with any beer that needs to be disposed of. beer3.gif I can drive my truck up from Portland. I could pick stuff up along the way and drop stuff on the way back and whatnot. Depends on where/when and if the Ranger is big enough for your purposes. confused24.gif
Dr Evil
Thanks for the offer. So far, Dave at Triad had not been answering my emails any longer. I hope he is ok and just busy. Looking like I may not be buying his cores. I am interested in cores, still. With Mark being near and plugged in, this helps out, too. I'll let you all know as time approaches. All the students need to know is to pay and show up smile.gif I always enjoy the PNW clinics.

If you are in, PM me for my address to send check/mo. No paypal (if we can help it), too many fees and ass pain is not worth it.
Dr Evil
I just got word on a deal for the 4 shaft bearings; two intermediate plate and two roller bearings on the diff end of the pinion and input shaft. PM me if you are interested. I am wanting to put an order in for these ASAP. Cost of all 4 is less than the cost of two. smile.gif
warpig
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 20 2014, 01:56 PM) *

Thanks for the offer. So far, Dave at Triad had not been answering my emails any longer. I hope he is ok and just busy. Looking like I may not be buying his cores. I am interested in cores, still. With Mark being near and plugged in, this helps out, too. I'll let you all know as time approaches. All the students need to know is to pay and show up smile.gif I always enjoy the PNW clinics.

If you are in, PM me for my address to send check/mo. No paypal (if we can help it), too many fees and ass pain is not worth it.

Still not clear about where and when it is. blink.gif And I am not going to bother rebuilding my 901, but I would like to watch and learn a bit if I can. How much $ for someone to watch, hand you screwdrivers and fetch you beer? beer.gif And I can bring cores up from the Portland area if any.
Dr Evil
Please see post #1 for your answers confused24.gif
rhodyguy
the proposed location is near shelton wa. about 2 hours from p-land with good traffic. better than a 5 hour hour run to near the b.c. border. that 5 hours is timing the commute perfectly too. after 3pm and it's a traffic nightmare from olympia to well past everett.
Dr Evil
Alright folks, I need to book my flight soon so I need folks that are going to do this clinic to step up and contact me. The holiday weekend might make getting a flight difficult if we wait much longer.
NORD

I'm in for one box to rebuild. smash.gif
rhodyguy
Start an "official attendee" thread. Tickets aren't going to be any cheaper at the end of July. If available they'll be at a premium. Lots-o-shite starts in august. By the way, I'm in.....
Dr Evil
I update the first post of this thread with every iteration. It seems superfluous and cluttering to have another thread for just attendance.....but I will try it. WTF confused24.gif
Dr Evil
Well, starting a separate thread has generated exactly 0 responses so I am posting here as it will auto reply to the folks subscribed (if they have the feature set up).

For those of you paying attention, here is an amazing offer that I highly suggest you take advantage of. I have the following kit:

999-110-012-01 Pinion shaft bearing, diff side, retail = $551.75
999-052-016-0A Pinion shaft intermediate plate bearing, retail = $220.25
999-053-025-00 Input shaft bearing, intermediate plate, retail = $249.25
999-110-008-00 Main shaft bearing, diff side, retail = $161.25

Total retail = $1182.50

My price for all 4 is $375!!!!

I am ordering the first 4 kits - 1 for me, 1 for a customers build in Norway, and 2 are available for sale with preference to the clinic attendees. I may be able to get more, but I can not afford to order them before they are sold.

As for the clinic, I am not buying my ticket until I have funds in had to do so. So far, no money has arrived (to my knowledge). I am out of town so if mailed in then I will not know until my wife tells me. I will update this info in the first post as well. All new and relevant info can be found there always, with date of update.
audio_file
Well, i WAS about to mail you a check for the attendance fee, but now I'll just have it made out for 675, lol.

I'll take one of the two pkgs you have available.

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.