Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW and Western Canada Transmission Clinic, how about Aug?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Dr Evil
One reserved for you, Chris wink.gif
Mr.242
Sorry. Been super busy with HS graduations for 2 kids and now parents 50th anniversary.

Address: 371 Kimbel Lane. Shelton, WA.
I WILL PUT UP SOME MARKERS to indicate the driveway to turn down.

We have a shop for the rebuild, the in-laws will move their cars out and give us room.
NORD

I'll mail you a check after the 1st of the month. I'm on fixed income now so broke always the last week. driving.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(NORD @ Jun 25 2014, 04:08 PM) *

I'll mail you a check after the 1st of the month. I'm on fixed income now so broke always the last week. driving.gif

Damn Nord with all this "fixed income" talk I can almost hear your feet shuffling behind your walker. . . poke.gif av-943.gif
Dr Evil
Several checks in the mail so this is a go. I will reserve the flight when I get a second. This week I am in Atl for conference so will get to this when I return.
KELTY360
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jun 25 2014, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(NORD @ Jun 25 2014, 04:08 PM) *

Damn Nord with all this "fixed income" talk I can almost hear your feet shuffling behind your walker. . . poke.gif av-943.gif

I've heard he's been shopping for a horn to put on the handlebars. slits.gif
NORD
This seems Perfect
rhodyguy
the gasket kits run $34.25 (1 kit doesn't qualify for free shipping) @ the bird. anyone else in for ordering the the kits as a group? with enough on the order maybe we can get a break on the kit $? unsure.gif
Hank914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 29 2014, 10:13 AM) *

the gasket kits run $34.25 (1 kit doesn't qualify for free shipping) @ the bird. anyone else in for ordering the the kits as a group? with enough on the order maybe we can get a break on the kit $? unsure.gif

I'd be interested.
rhodyguy
sending a pm hank. we're at 4 now. anyone else? there's time but i would like to order prior to the end of july to avoid any hassles. if you are on the attendees list on the first post please contact me via pm if you want to participate. james saum is not listed but i think he plans to attend.

mike, something not mentioned. do you recommend replacing the throw out bearing arm pivot clip and ball cup bushing while we're in there?
Mr.242
Is part of the fees for the rebuild for the gasket kit? Or are you looking for only a 2nd kit for a rebuild of tranny #2?
rhodyguy
mark, i'm pretty sure the gasket kit is a participant's responsibility. detailed in post #1? are you building again or just manning the binford and making sure the children behave?
JRust
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 1 2014, 07:24 AM) *

mark, i'm pretty sure the gasket kit is a participant's responsibility. detailed in post #1? are you building again or just manning the binford and making sure the children behave?

Yeah that used to be included but isn't anymore. Just another thing Mike had to ship. Just easier to have people get their own & bring them.
rhodyguy
the kit pictured @ pelican shows what looks the 2 output shaft and and selector seals. note the customer comment re ordering the seals along WITH a gasket set. golden...all good. in the order, i'm going to get a new pivot clip and ball cup bushing. nord too. anyone else? free shipping...
aircooledtechguy
I'm soooooooo hoping I can attend and poke fun, drink beer, eat food and socialize. shades.gif

This is literally the weekend before I leave for Bonneville and I just don't know. . .

rhodyguy
just got off the phone with glenn @pelican. normally volume discounts aren't available but glenn asked me to put together a shopping list and he would see what he can do for us. if you want in on the gasket set buy PLEASE contact me via pm. if some of you are driving around with old crappy linkage bushings you can include the appropriate set/ones you need in the shipment. if the 2 bushings that cradle the ball on the shift lever are an unknown you might consider those as well. they can make a big dif.

k
NORD

Dr. I am interested in the 4 bearing group buy if you have any left for $375
Let me know. Will you be bringing these?
Dr Evil
NORD, I can sell you my set and I will just wait to order another set. Also, so far two people are paid.
Dr Evil
Alright, now that I have enough paid to buy a ticket, I will do so today. I have a text into Mark to see if/when he can pick me up, drop me off, and if he can house me before and after for a day.

I would have bought the tickets earlier, but I am applying for a mortgage for my new location and job and am trying to keep my credit card debt at a minimum to help with my score and my aggregate.
bumble
Don't mean to hijack this thread but, Doc, are you still planning on a trip downunder anytime soon?
Dr Evil
Soon, no. Life has taken a turn here with me moving 4 hours away and taking a new job in the next couple of months. The main reason I can not give a more explicit date is because I am waiting for all of the back ground checking for my new job to be done, then I get the actual contract, then I give my 3mo notice at my current, blood sucking company. Right now I am projected to start Oct 13 and I need to talk to my new office manager about getting time off to go to Oz. Oz will happen. I have been preparing and stocking up for it for months. Either it didnt work for me one month, or for the other people another. Another consideration is that in my current employ I am just paying my bills so I can not take on any risk of debt for an Oz trip. The new job will pay much more and remove this factor.
Dr Evil
Alright, money spent, tickets bought, no turning back now!

Arrive Aug 28 at 1502, depart 0831 Sept 1.

smile.gif Now send me more money to cover this!
bumble
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 6 2014, 04:57 AM) *

Soon, no. Life has taken a turn here with me moving 4 hours away and taking a new job in the next couple of months. The main reason I can not give a more explicit date is because I am waiting for all of the back ground checking for my new job to be done, then I get the actual contract, then I give my 3mo notice at my current, blood sucking company. Right now I am projected to start Oct 13 and I need to talk to my new office manager about getting time off to go to Oz. Oz will happen. I have been preparing and stocking up for it for months. Either it didnt work for me one month, or for the other people another. Another consideration is that in my current employ I am just paying my bills so I can not take on any risk of debt for an Oz trip. The new job will pay much more and remove this factor.

Thanks - great to hear... There's been no mention of this for quite a while. All previous posts have gone bye-bye from the PP site. We will look forward to your visit when your circumstances are sorted beer.gif

Cheers,
Mark
Dr Evil
Please see first post for most updated things. Address added, list updated, bearings out for now. I will try to get more bearing sets for those interested, but be warned that the price on them just went up. Still a bargain, but not a steal....I dont know the price yet.
rhodyguy
last call for the gasket sets. if you want new pivot clips and ball cup bushings included in the purchase let me know.
nine9three
I'm in for Sunday and can be added to the list. Just hope one of the bearing kits is still available.
Dr Evil
Bearing kits are currently sold out. I am working on getting 5 more. Not sure of price as it will be more.
Dr Evil
Just got word that 5 more kits should be no problem by mid Aug. Still waiting on price....I can take reserve funds if you like. PM if interested.
Todd Enlund
I see no reason that I cannot be there to spectate and provide immoral support.
Dr Evil
" immoral support" thumb3d.gif
rhodyguy
the bearings arrived in the mail today.
Dr Evil
Wow, that was fast smile.gif
rhodyguy
both ways. too easy.
NORD

Recieved mine in the mail today. Pony Express moving along. driving.gif
Dr Evil
icon_bump.gif Sure would love to see more students! sad2.gif

Looking forward to hanging with my PNW folks.
Dr Evil
Getting close! Added one person, still waiting on another.
rhodyguy
alright…following parts ordered. free shipping! bring cash or your checkbook to the clinic.

8 gasket sets. $34.50 each
3 throwout arm pivot bushings. $3.00 each
3 throwout arm pivot clip/retainers. $8.50 each
6 throwout bearing support bushings (2 per trans). $5.00 each

i should have them in hand next week.

k

edit: btw. all of the parts listed above are spoken for. i wouldn't wait to order the stuff you'll need at the last minute. hank914, nord, me, james, audio file, jurgen, and young jim young. you guys are all in. 1 extra for jett if he wants it. could you check for me billy?
PanelBilly
I'm planning to be there and I can help clean parts. I get credit for enlisting Jett! I can bring my tranny if anyone wants to see how it looks when second gear is cut off so a new one can be welded on. Unless my engine is done and in that case it will be in the car!
Dr Evil
Hey folks, I am not hearing back from my bearing supplier. I have found the next best deal at SierraMadre for the large intermediate plate bearing - $112. Smoking deal. If you are interested. The other bearing in the intermediate plate I can not find for under $235 :/
Dr Evil
Ok, I heard from my supplier for the bearings. The price went up $150 more for the kits, still a smoking deal. However, I need to put my order in by Tues and after that it will be a while before I get more. I am only selling these to people at clinics and to customers that I am building boxes for.

Speak up now or lose out!
Jett
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 3 2014, 04:38 PM) *

Ok, I heard from my supplier for the bearings. The price went up $150 more for the kits, still a smoking deal. However, I need to put my order in by Tues and after that it will be a while before I get more. I am only selling these to people at clinics and to customers that I am building boxes for.

Speak up now or lose out!

Thanks for the bearings, they are a great deal given other prices.

PanelBilly -- thanks for the lead on this... Saving me a fortune, getting a quality rebuild and most of all learning how the transmission works!
offwatch
I am very interested in attending the transmission clinic I have both a 914 and a 912. I am not ready to pull the transmission of either at this time but very interested in learning how to tear into one and diagnose and repair problems. What are my options?
Dr Evil
Without a transmission, you can be a spectator for free. Otherwise, pull one or both, or get a core and rebuild it there.
rhodyguy
gasket sets and the other small parts that others wanted were dropped off this am. i'll be sending out info pms' later today.
Dr Evil
Anyone that paid for bearings and not gotten them? I just want to make sure my list is correct. I have the final sets due next week. Before you know it, we well be swapping bullshit stories and getting greasy with beers in hand.
Hank914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 7 2014, 10:21 AM) *

Anyone that paid for bearings and not gotten them? I just want to make sure my list is correct. I have the final sets due next week. Before you know it, we well be swapping bullshit stories and getting greasy with beers in hand.

I paid and you delivered! Thanks!

Dr Evil
Is there anyone who wants to go but tuition is an issue? Contact me as I may have a deal for you.
rhodyguy
'Dr Lesniak, you have patients in exam room 1'
Dr Evil
Right on! I contacted Mark and he is planning on pick up and delivery to the location before hand so I can tear into them and see what I am working with before the clinic.
rhodyguy
i have SO much room on the shelves in the storage shed now. another pm being sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.