Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW and Western Canada Transmission Clinic, how about Aug?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PanelBilly
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Aug 29 2014, 06:11 PM) *

What time does the entertainment start?

It started some time ago
aircooledtechguy
I've got ferry reservations for 8:30am and then again at 8:30pm. I'm looking forward to a day of fun with you all after all the OT I've been pulling to get my car ready for next weekend. beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
well, the clinic is upon us. after weeks of warm if not hot weather, i get up to…you guessed it, overcast and drizzle. washington... dry.gif rolleyes.gif headbang.gif
Mr.242
9a kickoff....
montoya 73 2.0
Pics, dont forget to take pics!
Jesco Reient
Hey,
It was really nice meeting some of you guys there today. Looked lke everyone was having a great time. Dr. Evil was putting on a great clinic.
John
Tbrown4x4
Had a great time guys! It was great to meet all of you. Maybe in another 8-10 years, I can show off my 914! beerchug.gif

And if anybody needs a hand with anything, (Thanks for lunch PanelBilly), let me know.
rhodyguy
you had to be there. met a few new to me locals and enjoyed the company of familiar faces.
Hank914
Yes. Great time meeting new people and getting tranny work done. I'm going to switch to a side shift tranny. So glad I made the trip. And thanks Billy for the brats and the corn. Best ever!
Jett
Between Marks amazing hosting / location, Billy's food and Dr. Evils (Mike) skill, we left with new friends and a pair of fresh transmission.

Btw. Dr. Evil demonstrated great bedside manner, although he almost fainted when Ana dropped a bolt into the freshly rebuilt trans smile.gif

Tbrown4x4
Oops. I forgot to thank Mark and his inlaws! What a great shop place to gather.
scotty b
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 29 2014, 04:39 PM) *

If got 36 brat/dogs in different flavors with buns and 3 growlers from Georgetown brewery.

It's good of you to cover Drevil's needs, but what about everyone else there ? confused24.gif
offwatch
Great clinic, got to meet a lot of new people, and learned a lot. Thanks Mike for your amazing knowledge of these transmissions and your ability to go all day long.

Thank you Mark and your inlaws for the great spot to host the clinic.
offwatch
Just got the transmission back into the car and took it out for a quick test run......

WOW, Amazing, it drives like a new car. I have never had the first gear syncro before and second gear syncro was hit or miss but on the short drive every gear was smooth. Thank you Dr. Evil. driving.gif

rhodyguy
built and and motorvating the next day? wow! quick work! i opted to start with the cleanest box i had. It was a long weekend. Had a interesting dry.gif experience sat night. Got home, showered up (11:30 pm), my heart was racing, ears were ringing and I felt like I had just got out of bed. WTF.gif then I remembered a MEK experience I had at a job long ago. I was overloaded on fumes and chemicals. Finally came down about 1:30am. Then got up at 6:15 to drive down on Sunday.

K
Mr.242
Click to view attachment
The carnage as it started!
Mr.242
Click to view attachment

914 Selfie with my daughter! She helped clean gears of her grandfathers SIX. She actually had some fun and was glad happy to help.
Mr.242
Click to view attachment
Glad my truck is a F-350. Had 15 cores that were striped for the good Drevil! I'll off load this Tuesday. Loaded down with stromberg.gif

Anyone have any weird requests for parts off this pile (drevil took the good tid bits).
Perhaps music gears for welding a makeshift trophy or gag gift. Let me know ASAP!
stimpyvan
A huge thanks to Mark and his family for providing a shop and making us welcome.

Also, a huge thanks to Dr. Evil for sharing his knowledge and for being an excellent teacher.

I am very glad I was able to attend this clinic. I expected to meet some great people (because car nuts) and I wasn't disappointed. What a fun group of friendly people.

Cheers!
Van
rhodyguy
mike, can you look in the gasket set box and look for the throw out arm pivot clip, small cup bushing, and 2 throw out bearing retaining pieces? i forgot to grab them.

k
Tom
I was meaning to come by and spectate and bring Panel Billy his shift rod and new bushing and see what the Evil one thought of the bushing. Got involved with a leaking roof and couldn't get there.
Tom
914werke
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Sep 1 2014, 07:52 AM) *
Click to view attachment Anyone have any weird requests for parts off this pile (drevil took the good bits).
Perhaps music gears for welding a makeshift trophy or gag gift. Let me know ASAP!

Mark PM sent rolleyes.gif

Sorry I couldn't make it.
Looked like fun was had by all.
I was on the fence, but the prospect of suffering the good Doc's noxious ass fumes again helped make up my mind icon8.gif barf.gif
laugh.gif
Mr.242
Hey Dr. Evil. Notice who is post #222 in this thread.

Happens to me all the time... ALL THE TIME!
PanelBilly
Do we need to plan to go out there and clean up your father in law's garage floor?
Mr.242
Nope. We did a pretty decent job of cleaning. Left our damage deposit and he's going to help us by taking all the garbage to the dump. It went very well.

Billy you were the best for the brats! Did you get paid by those who ate?
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Sep 2 2014, 07:37 PM) *

Dr Evil
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 1 2014, 11:46 AM) *

mike, can you look in the gasket set box and look for the throw out arm pivot clip, small cup bushing, and 2 throw out bearing retaining pieces? i forgot to grab them.

k

I have them smile.gif PM address and I will get out to you.
Mr.242
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 2 2014, 11:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Sep 2 2014, 07:37 PM) *

Your monkey looks angry did you just spank it?
Dr Evil
I "Marked" my bitch at the clinic smile.gif This also gave me an idea for the next EvilWerks shirts wink.gif

Click to view attachment

In total, I bought 15 cores and due to the kindness of a few people I was able to harvest all the parts from them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.