Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW and Western Canada Transmission Clinic, how about Aug?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
bradtho
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 24 2014, 04:17 PM) *

Brad if you want to pay & play I have a few box's that I can provide.
I no longer need the learn'in but definitely want to hang, drink & pass gas. smile.gif

thanks. Kevin told me he's got plenty of boxes. I'd be happy to help some CSOB who really needs some gearbox work but is short on cash.
Daiberl
QUOTE(bradtho @ Jan 24 2014, 05:25 PM) *

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 24 2014, 04:17 PM) *

Brad if you want to pay & play I have a few box's that I can provide.
I no longer need the learn'in but definitely want to hang, drink & pass gas. smile.gif

thanks. Kevin told me he's got plenty of boxes. I'd be happy to help some CSOB who really needs some gearbox work but is short on cash.

I'm a CSOB biggrin.gif I will try to pull the transmission from the -6 before the clinic takes place (leaks and just to check everything "while I'm in there"), and I have one which I need rebuild for the LE! Happy to cover your attendance if you want to work on one of mine.
Dr Evil
Hey Rich, ya I still collect those.
bradtho
Not sure how many attendees the good doctor needs to make the trip, but I'm in with either a box from Kevin or Juergen.

Let's make this happen!
sportlicherFahrer
Count me in as well. I have one on the floor that should be fixable, one F'd core that I'm ok with letting parts out of, and one in the car that needs freshening up when I do my engine work.
Dr Evil
I'll put you on the tentative list. I wont take any $$ until I have the a-ok from work on the dates.
r3dplanet
I'm in. For certain.
Mr.242
Glad the Easter thing got moved. poke.gif

I can get days off work once we know that Dr.Evil is coming. I'll be his driver. I've got a junky extra tranny I can open up and check for decent parts.
Dr Evil
The dates are posted, I need a location now smile.gif
Dr Evil
I need to list all the possibilities and we can vote/see about availability:
- Triad shop
- KELTY
- NORD

There were more. What do y'all think?
rhodyguy
your party, pick the spot. i think a more central puget sound location might help with attendance. again, your call. figure it out.
NORD
I agree with Kevin that Puget Sound area would be best for most but I will host if need be. I'm 100 miles North of Seattle. I have alot of room. driving.gif
Dr Evil
Man, I dont know the terrain up there. Y'all say Puget Sound area. OK, who is there???
rhodyguy
the 'sound' covers the triad shop to nord's. prob 170 miles. if marc is game it's about mid point. which is about perfect. except for nord and nate. nord's place is just aboot as close to canada as it gets.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 30 2014, 11:34 AM) *

Man, I dont know the terrain up there. Y'all say Puget Sound area. OK, who is there???

Ever hear of Google Maps? poke.gif

I'm in to host if that's what the proletariat wants.

Renton, WA
Dr Evil
I dont know your addresses. I know you are West and slightly North of me. Sheesh....

OK, KELTY wins. Congratulations? confused24.gif
Dr Evil
If anyone in the Renton area knows the Flores twins, let them know I will be in town and I miss them very much smile.gif Havent seen them since 99.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 30 2014, 12:17 PM) *

If anyone in the Renton area knows the Flores twins, let them know I will be in town and I miss them very much smile.gif Havent seen them since 99.

mmmm....twins piratenanner.gif
NORD
Thanks Mark!!! agree.gif your place is more central. If it doesn't work out for you we can move it up here.
PanelBilly
I'm happy.
rhodyguy
me too. marc's in under an hour in the hov lane with my goodtogo pass.
a914622
I'm in for some look seeing! (Watching).
Mr.242
Dr. Evil.... ?
I hate to be the rational thinker. But do you have enough builders to make this worth your time? Looking at the thread, there are lots of 'watchers' and I didn't count many builders.
confused24.gif
audio_file
I'm a builder!
sportlicherFahrer
Looks like 8 or 9 builders so far. Whats the target?
914werke
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jan 31 2014, 05:15 AM) *

Dr. Evil.... ?
I hate to be the rational thinker. But do you have enough builders to make this worth your time? Looking at the thread, there are lots of 'watchers' and I didn't count many builders.
confused24.gif

What a killJoy chair.gif
PanelBilly
Keep in mind he's hoping to see the twins again too
rhodyguy
start an "OFFICIAL" sign up thread? should save a ton of time and scrolling.
Dr Evil
I think we have enough. I am actually not starting a sign up thread because it will take twice as much work for me to do that and then take money. When I am ready for taking tuition, I will start that thread. I need to have confirmed time off, and make sure I have enough spare parts to cover everyone after this coming clinic in VA.
Dr Evil
Alright folks, it has come to my attention that this clinic will have to be postponed. Way too much shit at home going on, my stock of parts are too far depleted for me to feel comfortable having all of your boxes open and needing parts, and I am running myself ragged with my day job-biz-side projects. This will happen, I promise, but I need to move it back. May is supposed to be my Australia clinic, but that has been silent for too long and I need more lead up and planning. So, perhaps May will be the next possibility. I think every other month is the soonest I can do clinics. Otherwise I am getting burnt out and I am still doing builds and stuff in between that need attention and parts.

I am always looking for cores and love to trade work for them, or cash.

I will update the first post.
Mr.242
No worries. This is what happens when you get all responsible with a job, family, and responsibilities.

We're here when it works out.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Feb 14 2014, 07:35 AM) *

No worries. This is what happens when you get all responsible with a job, family, and responsibilities.

We're here when it works out.

agree.gif
rfuerst911sc
Hey Doc I just sent you a PM for a request.
Dr Evil
Alright, first post edited with details. August??
Mr.242
My August, there are 5 weekends in the month.
1st: SeaFair
2nd: Family B-day (16th b-day party)
3rd: Take kids off to College
4th: Open
5th: Open
PanelBilly
Does anybody care about Seafair anymore?
Mr.242
I do! I get about 18 hours of OT $$$$. I have to work the drunk bus for the DUI boaters trying to kill each other on the water.

So I am out. Doesn't mean others would join in or create a function somewhere. I would like to do my dad's transmission for him. So if I can join it would be great.
Dr Evil
I am cool with the 4th and 5th weekend. Right now, things are open.
r3dplanet
I'm in. Any day. Anywhere.
NORD

4th or 5th weekend of August works for me. Marc hosting?
rhodyguy
SeaFair... rolleyes.gif best place to watch the races is on your couch. it's a long freekin' day. did the log boom one year aboard the Victory5. bonus points for them being far, far away from 405. the races are held on sunday yes?

edit: fun day for you mark. a day wrangling a bunch of inebriates. couldn't pay me enough.
PanelBilly
My tranny is done already, so unless something changes, I'll just be there to drink and bullshit. Maybe my engine will be done by then
jmmotorsports
spectater, i have a tail shift trans core if you are interested doctor
JRust
I may show as a spectator. I can bring a core or 2 if needed. We'll see when it get's closer. I might build a box too idea.gif . I don't have any plans that would need a 901 for. Trying to quit screwing around with all the 914's. I'm down to 3 & that is my new cap. So unless I get rid of another one. I can't buy one evilgrin.gif
Dr Evil
I have not contacted Kelty about this date, yet. Wanted to get it more nailed down. So, the last weekends in Aug is where we are. Dave at Triad has also kindly offered his lake front shop as alternate in case Marc is unable. We should be good. I have not heard back on the dates from Dave yet.

Any paying peoples??? Once I get the location set, I will start taking peoples money smile.gif
KELTY360
Late August does not work for me, I'll be partying in Idaho.
Todd Enlund
If at all possible, I'll be there. With beer.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 25 2014, 11:59 PM) *

Late August does not work for me, I'll be partying in Idaho.

Crap....Dave's place may be the one, then. I contact him. However, I am not seeing a lot of interest at this time. I will give it a few days and if it does not pick up I will just bump it down the list and try doing a clinic at a different location. I know there is interest in one in the Rochester, NY area and that one I can drive to/from.
Bleyseng
4th or 5th works for me as I have a low mile spare tranny to refresh...
Dr Evil
4th or 5th weekend, right? Just want to be clear smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.