Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
SharonG
irish914.jpg

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ejm
Jen and I will be in GJ late Thursday beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
sandy and I are planning on being at GJ.
mgp4591
Booked... sunglasses.gif
SharonG
Updated the attendee list. beerchug.gif
TravisNeff
Room(s) booked, there are 5 left in GC, 8 or so in Moab.

I am bringing the parts car.
VegasRacer
Booked at both hotels. chowtime.gif gint2.gif driving.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Jul 18 2014, 12:02 PM) *

So I take it you are planning on walking home? biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
Hotel room is booked.

I called and they asked the arrival date and I said 9/12. The next thing they asked was "Are you with the Porsche Club?". I said "Yes Sir". and SHE said I am a ma'am.. Just a word of warning.
mgp4591
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jul 18 2014, 12:52 PM) *

Updated the attendee list. beerchug.gif

Thanks! Any idea of the route we'll be taking from GJ to Moab? I've got an idea that includes an auto museum... idea.gif
TravisNeff
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 18 2014, 01:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Jul 18 2014, 12:02 PM) *

So I take it you are planning on walking home? biggrin.gif

No, I expect you to give me a ride home, I heard you are a cuddler!
TravisNeff
Well you prolly need a bath, with some extra bubbles.. I gots some pine sol but it makes not bubbles, you might have to make them on your own! Ya-Es!
JRust
Coming quick! I need to get my a/c working quick
Eric_Shea
Fixed it...

Click to view attachment
brant
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 22 2014, 10:42 PM) *

You hardly fixed that
Ferg
laugh.gif

rnellums
Not sure if I have posted here yet, but I'm planning on coming for the GJ event and Moab (although I may camp instead of staying at the hotel). Hopefully I'll be in the 914, but there is an outside chance I'll be in the S2000.
SharonG
QUOTE(rnellums @ Jul 23 2014, 06:32 PM) *

Not sure if I have posted here yet, but I'm planning on coming for the GJ event and Moab (although I may camp instead of staying at the hotel). Hopefully I'll be in the 914, but there is an outside chance I'll be in the S2000.

Nice! beerchug.gif
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jul 18 2014, 04:34 PM) *

Any idea of the route we'll be taking from GJ to Moab? I've got an idea that includes an auto museum... idea.gif

If you're referring to the Gateway auto museum, Eric Lowe told me the road between Gateway and Moab is unfortunately extremely crappy. On Friday, we plan to take I-70 to hwy 128. 128 is a great drive. There's an auto museum in GJ, though....
brant

sweet
RonD
Add me to the list. Thursday in CJ and on to Moab!
Would you take a smallish dog and a your wife on a 700 mile drive in your 914?

Ron
1stworks

Add me with Ross please.
mgp4591
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jul 23 2014, 06:40 PM) *

Nice! beerchug.gif
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jul 18 2014, 04:34 PM) *

Any idea of the route we'll be taking from GJ to Moab? I've got an idea that includes an auto museum... idea.gif

If you're referring to the Gateway auto museum, Eric Lowe told me the road between Gateway and Moab is unfortunately extremely crappy. On Friday, we plan to take I-70 to hwy 128. 128 is a great drive. There's an auto museum in GJ, though....

Yes I was... hmmm, maybe I'll do a preview ride to check it out. If it's good enough for the hog it should be teener worthy. I've only seen it on the map and the road looks plenty twisty which is usually good. Will report my findings- I know the highway isn't a bad drive but it is a highway... idea.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(RonD @ Jul 24 2014, 07:35 AM) *

Add me to the list. Thursday in CJ and on to Moab!
Would you take a smallish dog and a your wife on a 700 mile drive in your 914?

Ron

Gint took me an Piper to the Fruita event in the 914. The only problem is what to do with the dog when everyone else is headed to dinner... at least that was our problem. smile.gif Having a dog on your lap in a car for hours isn't exactly super fun, though.
SharonG
QUOTE(1stworks @ Jul 24 2014, 07:47 AM) *

Add me with Ross please.

beerchug.gif
Sleepin
We may be able to stop by Tammy Allen's museum ( http://www.allenuniqueautos.com/tour-the-collection ) on Friday morning. They do not open until 11 though.

If I had a significant number that wanted to go, perhaps I could call and see if they could open a little early for a special occasion.... idea.gif
map
MAP and Diane are in for both locations. Supposedly just booked the last room in Moab. Will place shirt order next.

Thanks once again for organizing this event.

Pieper
SharonG
QUOTE(map @ Jul 31 2014, 04:31 PM) *

MAP and Diane are in for both locations. Supposedly just booked the last room in Moab. Will place shirt order next.

Thanks once again for organizing this event.

Pieper

Yup, all the rooms in Moab are gone at the Virginian. I reserved more rooms at the GJ motel.
rick 918-S
OK, I'm a slacker and didn't book until I saw Sharon post the rooms were gone in Moab. I ended up with a smoking room. and may end up paying the regular rate... dry.gif I did notice a rate posted in the first thread for the Virginian anyway. What ever. Were in. GJ and Moab.
Eric_Shea
Any left coasters from the Bay Area coming with an empty passengers seat? We need to get today's birthday boy Mr. Tabor a ride to Moab. wink.gif
McMark
Looks like I'm in bringing Jim tabor. Seeing if I can put together a NorCal caravan.
JRust
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 3 2014, 09:11 AM) *

Looks like I'm in bringing Jim tabor. Seeing if I can put together a NorCal caravan.

Nice!
JStroud
I found a 2.7 to borrow, pick it up next Friday. aktion035.gif
If I can get it in and running in time I'll be part of the caravan driving.gif

Jeff
McMark
I feel sorry whoever would let you borrow a 2.7. Look what you did to the last 2.7 you ran! poke.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 3 2014, 11:58 AM) *

I feel sorry whoever would let you borrow a 2.7. Look what you did to the last 2.7 you ran! poke.gif

Hey that wasn't my fault........was it........besides I thought you were supposed to drive em till they blow shades.gif

And it wasn't my idea, he offered confused24.gif maybe I should go get it quick before he changes his mind.....I'm sure if it blows up he'll just send me a bill w00t.gif
MoveQik
Well shit....room is booked in GJ but the Virginian in Moab is booked up. If anyone has a room that they need to cancel, PLEASE let me know. Thanks!
michael7810
I'm at the La Quinta in Moab...$200/night
Kansas 914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Aug 4 2014, 11:56 AM) *

I'm at the La Quinta in Moab...$200/night

I saw that the Hampton Inn is $249 that weekend.
JRust
At this point my daughter isn't going to make it with me for the weekend. So worst case I do have a spare bed in my room if someone wants to crash there biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 4 2014, 01:25 PM) *

At this point my daughter isn't going to make it with me for the weekend. So worst case I do have a spare bed in my room if someone wants to crash there biggrin.gif

Bummer - I hope she is okay? Mary will be disappointed.
JRust
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 4 2014, 12:28 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 4 2014, 01:25 PM) *

Bummer - I hope she is okay? Mary will be disappointed.

She's fine. Has a nanny gig & they need her that weekend. She's excited as she will have their newborn through the whole weekend. Should be an eye opening experience for her blink.gif . She is flying out to Oregon about a week before. So I get to spend time with her & then drive her home on my way. So my trip is still justified as I need to take her home evilgrin.gif . I told her Mary would be dissapointed & she said awww... she's so sweet
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 4 2014, 02:50 PM) *

She's fine. Has a nanny gig & they need her that weekend. She's excited as she will have their newborn through the whole weekend. Should be an eye opening experience for her blink.gif . She is flying out to Oregon about a week before. So I get to spend time with her & then drive her home on my way. So my trip is still justified as I need to take her home evilgrin.gif . I told her Mary would be dissapointed & she said awww... she's so sweet

Glad she is well - she is smart to take the money while she can!
JRust
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 4 2014, 01:53 PM) *

Glad she is well - she is smart to take the money while she can!

Yeah no complaints from me. The more she earns before school starts. The less it costs me. I'm still hoping the family changes their plans & she can go. Just doubtful it will happen sad.gif .
SharonG
Roadway Inn about 0.5 miles north of Virginian has availability for $139-159.
Best Western Canyonlands about 0.25 miles north has availability around $201 with AAA.

Just tossing out options.
RonD
I booked a site in the Up the Creek Campground. $25/night 1-person $35 2-people. Amenities include picnic table, showers and even flush toilets. It's right in town.
Ferg
QUOTE(RonD @ Aug 7 2014, 11:45 AM) *

I booked a site in the Up the Creek Campground. $25/night 1-person $35 2-people. Amenities include picnic table, showers and even flush toilets. It's right in town.

U bringing a bike?
RonD
Might be able to fit a ride in, early morning Saturday?
Ferg
Sounds good.
1stworks
QUOTE(RonD @ Aug 7 2014, 01:45 PM) *

Ross and I might b staying there too.
mgp4591
Don't know if anything else is planned in Moab for events that would drive up motel prices, but the Apache isn't pricey and still pretty close to downtown. Usually doesn't fill up unless there's something big happening in town.
Sleepin
Looks like we make take the camper down. We would have three extra bunks...if there are <hint>three hot chicks</hint> that would share with Val and I.....

Canyonlands RV Resort is .4 miles away. $130 for the weekend. I guess we will be there! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.