Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2014, 9/11-14
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Kansas 914
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 7 2014, 04:41 PM) *

Don't know if anything else is planned in Moab for events that would drive up motel prices, but the Apache isn't pricey and still pretty close to downtown. Usually doesn't fill up unless there's something big happening in town.

This is the only event I see listed for that weekend:

Thu-Sat 11-13 Canyonlands National Park 50th Anniversary Celebration - The Canyonlands 50th Anniversary will be a yearlong event that will culminate in mid-September, 2014. There will a variety of events through out the year with a main event the weekend of September 11th, 12th, & 13th. During this time there will be an historic film festival, a dutch oven community dinner, historic displays at the Museum of Moab, an art show at the MARC with a rededication ceremony at the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park. For more info visit bateswilson.org or call 435-259-0108.
mgp4591
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 7 2014, 05:46 PM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 7 2014, 04:41 PM) *

Don't know if anything else is planned in Moab for events that would drive up motel prices, but the Apache isn't pricey and still pretty close to downtown. Usually doesn't fill up unless there's something big happening in town.

This is the only event I see listed for that weekend:

Thu-Sat 11-13 Canyonlands National Park 50th Anniversary Celebration - The Canyonlands 50th Anniversary will be a yearlong event that will culminate in mid-September, 2014. There will a variety of events through out the year with a main event the weekend of September 11th, 12th, & 13th. During this time there will be an historic film festival, a dutch oven community dinner, historic displays at the Museum of Moab, an art show at the MARC with a rededication ceremony at the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park. For more info visit bateswilson.org or call 435-259-0108.

That could do it- Moab ain't real big and it fills up fast if there's anything going on in the area. We'z gonna have company!
SharonG
Don't forget to order you t-shirts! This is the link T-shirt Ordering Thread beerchug.gif
Sleepin

a dutch oven ...

They knew SLITS was coming to town! IPB Image

We are booked at the Canyonlands RV Resort. biggrin.gif

IPB Image
JRust
With recent event's I am going to be a doubtful sad.gif . I will know by the end of the month. I have rooms booked for both GJ & Moab with the host hotels. I will let you guys know as I know they sold out.
mgp4591
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 8 2014, 09:10 AM) *

With recent event's I am going to be a doubtful sad.gif . I will know by the end of the month. I have rooms booked for both GJ & Moab with the host hotels. I will let you guys know as I know they sold out.

Hell, it's only wires and stuff... knock it out! I know, Iknow... oversimplification. sorry... blink.gif
JStroud
Picked my loaner motor yesterday, got my 2.7 partially tore down and on an engine stand. Got the loaner out of the truck and onto the rolling table.

Click to view attachment

Today I'll start installing the clutch, transmission and starter and getting it ready to install, should be ready to go into the car by Friday then .........we'll see, maybe running by next weekend.

I might just make it.

Jeff
rick 918-S
Talked to Kelly. Sounds like he is coming. And he has a GF... wub.gif laugh.gif

Anyone that has to cancel post here. Kelly will need a room and I would like to get out of the smoking room in Moab. dry.gif
Sleepin
The more the merrier!
akellym
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 9 2014, 01:46 PM) *

Anyone that has to cancel post here. Kelly will need a room and I would like to get out of the smoking room in Moab. dry.gif

We have a room at a B&B, so we are good. Thanks Rick
map
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 7 2014, 07:23 PM) *

a dutch oven ...

They knew SLITS was coming to town! IPB Image

We are booked at the Canyonlands RV Resort. biggrin.gif

IPB Image

Please bring that rig to this event!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Colorado-Bus...184288431618852

Pieper
SharonG
icon_bump.gif beerchug.gif
jimtab
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jun 20 2014, 06:47 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 16 2014, 10:23 AM) *

QUOTE(SharonG @ Jun 15 2014, 07:42 PM) *

Trying to get together an attendee list. Let me know if I've added you in error (to the 1st post) or need to add you. beerchug.gif

Sharon add;

Nacho,Diasy,Suzie,sixnotfour

WHOOT!!! So happy to see Suzie and Nacho!!! biggrin.gif (and Jeff - haven't met Daisy yet)

Isn't that the wrong finger?? I'm pretty sure it's the wrong finger......it's been a while but.....pretty sure..... biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(akellym @ Aug 12 2014, 04:47 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 9 2014, 01:46 PM) *

We have a room at a B&B, so we are good. Thanks Rick

I'm in St. Paul all week Maybe we should meet up and talk about when to leave and where to meet and such.
Ferg
Is it time yet? I did a drive by on Sunday, it's still there.

rick 918-S
You coming this year Kevin?

Click to view attachment

Are we going this way?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
Not this year rick. Sept is busy. This years trip is to deland, the ramble and the races for a long weekend in November. Long fight time tho.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 19 2014, 07:52 PM) *

Not this year rick. Sept is busy. This years trip is to deland, the ramble and the races for a long weekend in November. Long fight time tho.

You'll have a good time with Joe & Joe beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
No doubt!!
brant
shirt order deadline is fast approaching
SLITS
QUOTE(brant @ Aug 21 2014, 12:21 PM) *

No shirts .... thong underwear!!!!
Ferg
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 21 2014, 01:37 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Sleepin
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 21 2014, 04:02 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 21 2014, 01:37 PM) *

Click to view attachment

So beer, burgers and dogs for 35 34 people for the CO. BBQ....
brant
I need to bring a framing hammer and small sledge.
As a group we can work on Eric's car
Sleepin
QUOTE(brant @ Aug 22 2014, 03:19 PM) *

I'll only charge $5 a swing. After a couple drinks, I will pay for another 914 in no time!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 22 2014, 03:23 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Aug 22 2014, 03:19 PM) *

I'll only charge $5 a swing. After a couple drinks, I will pay for another 914 in no time!

beer3.gif
smash.gif

beerchug.gif
smash.gif

beer.gif
smash.gif
Sleepin
See, Durango914 is all for it!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 22 2014, 03:27 PM) *

See, Durango914 is all for it!

I do need to think about changing my screen name huh?
Sleepin
Maybe when you move back to Kansas?? poke.giflaugh.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 22 2014, 03:36 PM) *

OK - OK I get it...... smile.gif
majkos
[quote name='rick 918-S' date='Aug 19 2014, 04:45 PM' post='2075949']
You coming this year Kevin?

Click to view attachment

blink.gif Huh?
Alien has landed! who make a trailer out of a 914? happy11.gif

Me and Henna are a huge MAYBE,
I'm once again flying by the seat of my pants on this one,
have work till end of year, (I remodel 7-11's)

at the very least push for Grand Junc. to see some of the gang.
76-914
Say hello to Henna for me, Kevin. bye1.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 22 2014, 04:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 22 2014, 03:36 PM) *

OK - OK I get it...... smile.gif

Your not in Kansas anymore Dorothy.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 22 2014, 07:49 PM) *

Say hello to Henna for me, Kevin. bye1.gif

agree.gif bye1.gif Hi Henna biggrin.gif Oh... and you too Kev! shades.gif
majkos
Hereeeeeee Henna! cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Click to view attachment
majkos
Forget to add,

She's happy to have a lawn this year aktion035.gif
Sleepin
I hope you can make it Kevin!
SharonG
Dinner on Saturday will be at Moab Brewery.

We're finalizing plans and will post $$ for BBQ and Saturday lunch soon. Dinner on Saturday will be off the regular menu so checks will be issued per standard restaurant process. beerchug.gif

Please make sure I have you listed as attending, a) the GJ BBQ at the Lowe's, and/or b) in Moab, in the 1st post.

17 MORE DAYS!!!
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 25 2014, 03:37 PM) *

Please make sure I have you listed as attending, a) the GJ BBQ at the Lowe's, and/or b) in Moab, in the 1st post.

Both GJ and Moab for me please. flag.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Aug 25 2014, 11:18 PM) *

QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 25 2014, 03:37 PM) *

Both GJ and Moab for me please. flag.gif

beerchug.gif

Sweet!
JStroud
I think Mark, Jim and myself are planning on making it to GJ.
That's the latest schedule I saw. driving.gif

Jeff
SharonG
Alright alright alright!!! biggrin.gif

We've decided the Saturday drive destination is Grand View Point Overlook.

Also, we're asking for event fees to the tune of $20/person. This $20 gets you:
1. BBQ at Lowe's on Thursday.
2. BBQ in Moab Friday evening.
3. Box lunch on Saturday that includes a sandwich of your choice, apple, chips and a cookie. We'll also have drinks available at the drive lunch stop.

You can paypal me event fees at gintersm@yahoo.com

ALSO, and this is VERY IMPORTANT!!! PM or email me your sandwich preference, or if you do not want lunch please let me know that you don't want lunch. Your choices are:

Bread: Wheat or white
Meat: Turkey, chicken, ham, roast beef, or veggie if you don't want meat
Cheese: They gave me a list of all the usual plus more so just let me know what kind of cheese you want or if you don't want cheese.

15 days!!! beerchug.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 27 2014, 11:11 AM) *

Alright alright alright!!! biggrin.gif

We've decided the Saturday drive destination is Grand View Point Overlook.

Also, we're asking for event fees to the tune of $20/person. This $20 gets you:
1. BBQ at Lowe's on Thursday.
2. BBQ in Moab Friday evening.
3. Box lunch on Saturday that includes a sandwich of your choice, apple, chips and a cookie. We'll also have drinks available at the drive lunch stop.

You can paypal me event fees at gintersm@yahoo.com

ALSO, and this is VERY IMPORTANT!!! IM or email me your sandwich preference, or if you do not want lunch please let me know that you don't want lunch. Your choices are:

Bread: Wheat or white
Meat: Turkey, chicken, ham, roast beef, or veggie if you don't want meat
Cheese: They gave me a list of all the usual plus more so just let me know what kind of cheese you want or if you don't want cheese.

15 days!!! beerchug.gif

PayPal sent for Mike & Mary - thank you for setting this up!
SharonG
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 27 2014, 12:04 PM) *

PayPal sent for Mike & Mary - thank you for setting this up!

Got it Mike - thanks!
Kansas 914
WTB: 5 lug wheel for a spare

I know this should be in Classifieds - but I thought if someone coming to RRC had one I could grab it from them?

I just converted to 5 lug on the red car and now I need a spare.

I currently have 16" wheels - but I think 15" would be fine with a similar height tire. Space saver would be awesome...

Anybody got one?

PS: I know there isn't much room if you are driving a 914 to Moab but you never know...
SharonG
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 27 2014, 12:09 PM) *

I know this should be in Classifieds - but I thought if someone coming to RRC had one I could grab it from them?

I currently have 16" wheels - but I think 15" would be fine with a similar height tire. Space saver would be awesome...

Anybody got one?

PS: I know there isn't much room if you are driving a 914 to Moab but you never know...

Mike, PM Gint and see if he has one. I think we're driving the truck because he's dragging something for someone else to the event. I'm not sure how often he checks this thread.
JRust
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 27 2014, 11:09 AM) *

Anybody got one?

I've got an extra space saver. Happy to bring it along for you if Gint doesn't have one for you
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 27 2014, 12:19 PM) *

Mike, PM Gint and see if he has one. I think we're driving the truck because he's dragging something for someone else to the event. I'm not sure how often he checks this thread.

Thanks Sharon. I will ask Mike since he is already my mule for some small parts (targa cups from Scott).
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 27 2014, 12:27 PM) *

I've got an extra space saver. Happy to bring it along for you if Gint doesn't have one for you

Jamie,

Very glad to hear you will make it - I was wondering and have been watching the updates to your fire thread.

I will let you know on the space saver - thanks!
Sleepin
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 27 2014, 12:09 PM) *

Anybody got one?

Mike, although I don't have "extras" per se, I do have 5 15x7" cookie cutters with new rubber that aren't being used at the moment. If you wanted a loaner for over Red Mountain, let me know and I can drop it by your place Sunday - Wednesday (yes, I will be working in Ignacio and staying in Durango next week) beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.