Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2014, 9/11-14
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Sleepin
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 9 2014, 09:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 9 2014, 09:31 AM) *

Clearly the easiest and fastest way is just to follow whatever path that airplane took! idea.gif lol-2.gif

Eric,

Are you volunteering the Corporate Jet? biggrin.gif

As long as I can get Dave talked into it.... unsure.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 9 2014, 08:35 AM) *

A little water on the Interstate doesn't scare me. shades.gif

The effin' Interstate (15) is CLOSED.

Looks like I'm gonna bail on this one. Only route is to Flagstaff then up to Kayenta then to Moab. 808 miles .... 100 farther than the normal route.

I'll decide by tonight.

Just a Bridge to Far.
AZ914
Don't give up yet... I-10 was a damn lake yesterday morning and I drove thru it yesterday evening heading to the Cardinals game. Its a desert, water goes away fast. lol
MoveQik
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Sep 9 2014, 09:36 AM) *

Don't give up yet... I-10 was a damn lake yesterday morning and I drove thru it yesterday evening heading to the Cardinals game. Its a desert, water goes away fast. lol

Exactly! What he said! agree.gif
SLITS
It may have been a lake, but it didn't wash the asphalt off the dirt.

That's the area of the Virgin River Canyon and it's 2 ft below flood stage.
Eric_Shea
Check Here:

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2...s/#.VA8vcsI7uCc

Says Northbound "open". But... looks like a lot of asphalt has been washed away to me.
JRust
I leave tomorrow piratenanner.gif WOOHOO

Jim (stratplayer) also offered to lend me his 914 since he can't make it. I debated but I can't pass up driving a 914 to the event. I've been to a few without & it's still fun. Just nicer when your in a 914. So I hope to be showing in a 914 even. Huge thanks to Jim for trusting me to borrow his ride. I'm a little nervous anytime I drive a fellow 914 owners car. Not that I'll break it but just the possibility someone might run into me. Or some random crazy thing. Anyway I can't wait to get there. See you all soon biggrin.gif
Sleepin
I am already here! biggrin.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 9 2014, 11:22 AM) *

Jim (stratplayer) also offered to lend me his 914 since he can't make it. I debated but I can't pass up driving a 914 to the event. I've been to a few without & it's still fun. Just nicer when your in a 914. So I hope to be showing in a 914 even. Huge thanks to Jim for trusting me to borrow his ride. I'm a little nervous anytime I drive a fellow 914 owners car. Not that I'll break it but just the possibility someone might run into me. Or some random crazy thing. Anyway I can't wait to get there. See you all soon biggrin.gif

I saw him at the bank a few weeks ago- what a beautiful car! I'd take him up on it, maybe see if your insurance would cover it additionally or if there was a temporary binder for sale just in case... idea.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 9 2014, 11:22 AM) *

I'm a little nervous anytime I drive a fellow 914 owners car. Not that I'll break it but just the possibility someone might run into me. Or some random crazy thing. Anyway I can't wait to get there. See you all soon biggrin.gif

You take care of them like they are your own Jamie! I would let you borrow another one of my 914's again anytime! driving.gif
AZ914
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 9 2014, 10:22 AM) *

You suck. driving.gif j/k
MoveQik
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 9 2014, 10:22 AM) *

Just keep me away from his jack plug covers and you'll be fine! rolleyes.gif
Sleepin
Keep Wills away from aluminium cans as well.... poke.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 9 2014, 01:09 PM) *

Jesus....I am a menace! blink.gif
mgp4591
I read locally that there's a detour between Vegas and SLC that adds about 50 miles to the trip- not too bad considering the flood damage done to the freeway. Hope everyone travels safe and we'll see ya there. driving.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 9 2014, 04:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 9 2014, 01:09 PM) *

Jesus....I am a menace! blink.gif

II Society. blink.gif

Oh...y'all better hurry up. I started drinking the booze for the event about an hour ago. biggrin.gif
StratPlayer
You all have a great time, looks like your in for some great weather. Next year I'll make it. driving.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 9 2014, 05:32 PM) *

You all have a great time, looks like your in for some great weather. Next year I'll make it. driving.gif

Strat...we are holding you to it!
MoveQik
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 9 2014, 04:41 PM) *

Oh...y'all better hurry up. I started drinking the booze for the event about an hour ago. biggrin.gif

That is why you get paid the big bucks to plan these events. beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
Started heading south late today. Ran into rain so heavy we were over driving our headlights. Only made about 220 miles. Kelly and Kelly are in North Platte NE. I'll have to drive like hell to catch him. assimilate.gif driving.gif
VegasRacer
It looks like I can take Hwy 93 to 318/56 and pick up the Interstate in Cedar City.
That would add 2 hours on a good day. I expect it will take twice that long now.
I don't see any better options to drive to Grand Junction on Thursday.

Edit: The local news just had a report on the flooding and said it is a 7 hour drive from Vegas to Cedar City.
I am afraid I am going to have to bail this time.

FUCH! hissyfit.gif

LMK if anyone wants to take over my hotel reservations.
SLITS
Well John, I'm going to run to Flagstaff and up to Moab. Adds 100 miles to the trip ... about 2 hrs. Not going to mess with I-15. Andy is doing the same.

3 Hail Marys and my fingers are crossed.
MoveQik
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 10 2014, 06:15 AM) *

Well John, I'm going to run to Flagstaff and up to Moab. Adds 100 miles to the trip ... about 2 hrs. Not going to mess with I-15. Andy is doing the same.

When will you be going through Flagstaff? Maybe we can meet up.
Ferg
When is the Colorado crew leaving? I am picking up the kids after school tomorrow and hope to be on the road 4ish... Hopefully in time to say Hi at Lowes.

Ferg
AZ914
JP.. hook up with the LA crew in Kingman! See ya there smile.gif
VegasRacer
Going down and around to Flagstaff adds 4 hours to my drive.
MoveQik
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 10 2014, 09:49 AM) *

Obviously you need to drive faster. driving.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 10 2014, 06:28 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 10 2014, 06:15 AM) *

When will you be going through Flagstaff? Maybe we can meet up.

You guys are going to GJ. I will be in Flag late Thursday nite at my favorite hotel ... Econo Lodge University on Milton St .... remember?
mgp4591
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 10 2014, 10:49 AM) *

I'm seeing a route that adds about 150 miles going thru Tuba City... idea.gif
SLITS
John is wussin' out. poke.gif

My trip from Riverside is 691 miles up I-15. Going thru Flag to get to Moab is 808 ... about 100 miles extra as I have to find a bottle of TRES GENERACIONES Tequila!!

** corrected initial mileage
Ferg
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 10 2014, 10:52 AM) *

My trip from Riverside is 723 miles up I-15. Going thru Flag to get to Moab is 808 ... about 100 miles extra as I have to find a bottle of TRES GENERACIONES Tequila!!

smilie_pokal.gif Atta boy!

John shades.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 10 2014, 11:30 AM) *

Have you ever been to Tuba City? stromberg.gif

QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 10 2014, 11:52 AM) *

I knew that was coming. sheeplove.gif
. . . and you are half right.

I do have a better excuse. shades.gif
. . . yesterday a fresh car popped up on one of my daily searches.

I am trying to buy a car in Memphis. biggrin.gif
(If I time it right, maybe I can get to Okteener Fest)
mgp4591
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 10 2014, 01:48 PM) *

Yup, been thru there on the bike on my way to Flag... stopped for gas and that was it, another 90 plus miles to Cameron at 90 mph... outta there as fast as possible! I wasn't suggesting you stay the night... eewww... barf.gif
michael7810
Hey Slits - we'll be going thru Flagstaff around 9AM Friday morning. Vehicle TBD - I planned to drive the 944 but water pump is leaking (I know, what's that?) and the new one has to arrive overnight from LA. If that works the car will be ready Thursday night; otherwise I drive the 914 and my wife will have to smell gas for 8.5 hours smile.gif.
Sleepin
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 10 2014, 01:48 PM) *

I feel sorry for you guys...it seems you have stirred Val's wrath. That isn't going to be fun. blink.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 10 2014, 01:21 PM) *

Hey Slits - we'll be going thru Flagstaff around 9AM Friday morning. Vehicle TBD - I planned to drive the 944 but water pump is leaking (I know, what's that?) and the new one has to arrive overnight from LA. If that works the car will be ready Thursday night; otherwise I drive the 914 and my wife will have to smell gas for 8.5 hours smile.gif.

I posted the hotel I will be at. We can meet up ... you lead unless you are a fan of the Exxon Valdez.

Will PM you my cell number ... not that I will answwer, but ......
MoveQik
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 10 2014, 01:25 PM) *

I feel sorry for you guys...it seems you have stirred Val's wrath. That isn't going to be fun. blink.gif

Travis and I will be there. Does she still like us? KMA.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 10 2014, 01:25 PM) *

Will I be saved if I promise her a ride in my potential new car?
AZ914
Cayman R !
VegasRacer
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Sep 10 2014, 03:24 PM) *

Cayman R !

Yup. first.gif
I have been looking for the right one for almost a year.
CPO 5911 miles.
Ferg
w00t.gif pray.gif aktion035.gif FERG.gif
SLITS
Does it float?
VegasRacer
I have canceled my reservation in GJ.

If somebody wants my room at the Virginian Motel in Moab, you better let me know.
MoveQik
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 10 2014, 04:36 PM) *

If somebody wants my room at the Virginian Motel in Moab, you better let me know.

I'll take it if I can cancel my existing room. Be back with you in 5!
rhodyguy
unsettled weather in wy, mt, co…down south. could make for an interesting drive for some folks. headers and no heat? not so much.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 10 2014, 04:45 PM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 10 2014, 04:36 PM) *

I'll take it if I can cancel my existing room. Be back with you in 5!

The room is yours.
StratPlayer
Jamie just left my house, he's now in a 914. I guess he's going to caravan with some people from Salt Lake. He's a happy camper now.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 10 2014, 02:48 PM) *

We'll miss ya but....COOL! aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
We caught Kelly and Kelly in Idaho Springs. We were only 7 hours behind them. biggrin.gif What's that saying? Drive it like ya stole it?.. shades.gif

We are heading out in the morning and plan to stop in Vail for either a late breakfast or early lunch. Anyone heading this way and want to catch us send me a pm and we'll look for you.
brant
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 10 2014, 09:55 PM) *

We caught Kelly and Kelly in Idaho Springs. We were only 7 hours behind them. biggrin.gif What's that saying? Drive it like ya stole it?.. shades.gif

We are heading out in the morning and plan to stop in Vail for either a late breakfast or early lunch. Anyone heading this way and want to catch us send me a pm and we'll look for you.

Rick....

I hope to be about 4 hours behind you.
email me at:

brant914@hotmail.com

if you guys need anything or have any problems.
brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.