Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2014, 9/11-14
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AZ914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 4 2014, 12:21 PM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 3 2014, 10:46 PM) *

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 3 2014, 06:31 PM) *

Anyone need a room in Moab send me a PM. I have an extra at the La Quinta for $407 for 2 nights. I'll hang on to it for a couple more days.

La Quinta Inn Moab
815 South Main St
Moab, UT 84532
1-435-259-8700

Please tell me that you aren't missing this! sad.gif

No way! I'll be there with Ron + spouses; the fifth attendee dropped.

Ron has spouses?! bye1.gif
AZ914
QUOTE(Toast @ Sep 4 2014, 12:05 PM) *

Can we add Toast to the Going list? biggrin.gif
Non-GL please.

toast.gif

aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Sep 4 2014, 06:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Toast @ Sep 4 2014, 12:05 PM) *

Can we add Toast to the Going list? biggrin.gif
Non-GL please.

toast.gif

aktion035.gif

Sandy was just asking agree.gif about you. agree.gif aktion035.gif driving-girl.gif
michael7810
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Sep 4 2014, 04:15 PM) *

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 4 2014, 12:21 PM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 3 2014, 10:46 PM) *

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 3 2014, 06:31 PM) *

Anyone need a room in Moab send me a PM. I have an extra at the La Quinta for $407 for 2 nights. I'll hang on to it for a couple more days.

La Quinta Inn Moab
815 South Main St
Moab, UT 84532
1-435-259-8700

Please tell me that you aren't missing this! sad.gif

No way! I'll be there with Ron + spouses; the fifth attendee dropped.

Ron has spouses?! bye1.gif

I figured someone would make that remark. Did you ever wonder why he always attends the events in Utah?
JRust
Damn I am bummed not to be driving my 914 sad.gif

At the same time I am so damn thrilled to be leaving work for a week piratenanner.gif RRC I can't flippin wait. 3 more days of dealing with the stromberg.gif I call work & then I'm free cheer.gif . Well for a week anyway evilgrin.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 5 2014, 10:26 AM) *

At the same time I am so damn thrilled to be leaving work for a week piratenanner.gif RRC I can't flippin wait. 3 more days of dealing with the stromberg.gif I call work & then I'm free cheer.gif . Well for a week anyway evilgrin.gif

You could always trailer it out for "display purposes only"! idea.gif I think seeing your quality of work would inspire many! first.gif
JRust
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 5 2014, 09:30 AM) *

You could always trailer it out for "display purposes only"! idea.gif I think seeing your quality of work would inspire many! first.gif

LOL! I have done that before dry.gif I'll pass. Be a waste of gas if I bring a tow rig. I'll be driving my little hybrid out rolleyes.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 5 2014, 12:03 PM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 5 2014, 09:30 AM) *

LOL! I have done that before dry.gif I'll pass. Be a waste of gas if I bring a tow rig. I'll be driving my little hybrid out rolleyes.gif

If you want to do something crazy and burn a bunch of money you could fly to Duluth and grab the Alien and drive it out.... wacko.gif
SharonG
Here is the event schedule:
Click to view attachment
I've also posted it in the first post.

Note, we'll be touring Tammy Allen's Car Museum in Grand Junction on Friday morning at 9am before we head out to Moab. All the schedule info is in the attached and in the first post. Is it time yet?!?!?! beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif
JStroud
My vacation started yesterday drunk.gif off now till the 16th piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Cleaning idle jets today then a short drive to see how it's running.
Man I need a road trip. driving.gif
michael7810
This is looking to be a large group, I counted 31 plus GF/BF/Spouse/Chillins?etc. Wondering how many teeners will be in Moab, who besides me IS NOT driving a 914?
BTW - I'm canceling my extra room in Moab later today so if anyone wants it please PM me before it's gone. $200/night at the La Quinta. Can't wait
MoveQik
QUOTE(JStroud @ Sep 6 2014, 08:58 AM) *

My vacation started yesterday drunk.gif off now till the 16th piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif Jealous!!
Sleepin
icon_bump.gif

Just because I don't like seeing Octurder Fest above RRC.

happy11.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 6 2014, 01:31 PM) *

QUOTE(JStroud @ Sep 6 2014, 08:58 AM) *

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif Jealous!!

Ha, don't be too jealous, working on carbs isn't exactly my dream vacation laugh.gif

Cleaning the idle jets didn't do much, readjusting the linkage helped a lot but still not quite there. Tried cleaning the air bypass circuit and adjusting to sync the carbs but not getting all of them to react to adjustments. Drives like it's lacking power and missing a bit. Never liked carbs....now I remember why.

Hope to make some progress tomorrow, three more days to figure it out or my vacation will turn into chores around the house. sad.gif
Sleepin
Just got word from Brnat that the shirts are in!

If anyone wants to show up Wednesday to clean my garage.... just sayin'. biggrin.gif
majkos
Sorry folks sad.gif

Click to view attachment

Me n Henna are NOT able to make it, ( I just knew this would happen.) blowup.gif

all is not lost, my mola for fuel is giong to the 914 limo shipping bill.

Rick, PM me biggrin.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(majkos @ Sep 7 2014, 04:02 PM) *
Me n Henna are NOT able to make it, ( I just knew this would happen.)

mad.gif Boo!
mgp4591
QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 7 2014, 04:57 PM) *

Me n Henna are NOT able to make it, ( I just knew this would happen.)

mad.gif Boo!

I second that BOO... dry.gif
Sleepin

Sorry folks sad.gif

Me n Henna are NOT able to make it, ( I just knew this would happen.) blowup.gif

slap.gif

We will miss you Kevin!
rick 918-S
We'll miss you Henna! sad.gif

Oh, You too Kevin. biggrin.gif

No need to send money. We made our goal for the shipping company. Sorry you can't make it.
rick 918-S
For those attending the RRC. I installed 1.7 stainless steel heat exchangers on Sandy's 2.0. Why? Because it's what I had. I went to install the rear valance panel and discovered the one I have either must be for a 2.0 or the muffler I used is an odd ball or I need a 1.7 part. The tail pipe exits slightly to the right of the valance cut out. Are the 1.7 and 2.0 cut outs different?

If they are I think I need a 1.7 Valance. Anyone coming to the event have one they can sell me? The car looks incomplete without it.

I also need a couple license plate lights if anyone has a couple they want to bring.
Sleepin
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 7 2014, 08:26 PM) *

For those attending the RRC NOT KEVIN. I installed 1.7 stainless steel heat exchangers on Sandy's 2.0. Why? Because it's what I had. I went to install the rear valance panel and discovered the one I have either must be for a 2.0 or the muffler I used is an odd ball or I need a 1.7 part. The tail pipe exits slightly to the right of the valance cut out. Are the 1.7 and 2.0 cut outs different?

If they are I think I need a 1.7 Valance. Anyone coming to the event have one they can sell me? The car looks incomplete without it.

I also need a couple license plate lights if anyone has a couple they want to bring.

Hehe....fixed it for you Rick. If I had a valance, it would be yours for the taking.
AZ914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 7 2014, 07:26 PM) *

For those attending the RRC. I installed 1.7 stainless steel heat exchangers on Sandy's 2.0. Why? Because it's what I had. I went to install the rear valance panel and discovered the one I have either must be for a 2.0 or the muffler I used is an odd ball or I need a 1.7 part. The tail pipe exits slightly to the right of the valance cut out. Are the 1.7 and 2.0 cut outs different?

Rick, I'm pretty sure all the valances are the same (for the -4's). You need a 1.7 muffler/hanger now to get the tailpipe in the right spot.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Sep 8 2014, 08:17 AM) *

Rick, I'm pretty sure all the valances are the same (for the -4's). You need a 1.7 muffler/hanger now to get the tailpipe in the right spot.

Rick - does the valance have a notch or a hole? If a hole (referred to as "snowplows") there were two different ones. There was the one for a /6 and a different one for an early /4. The holes were slightly off from one another.
AZ914
Eric,
Are we going to wrench on your car Thurs before the BBQ, or just sittin' around gettin' our drank on?
Sleepin
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Sep 8 2014, 09:11 AM) *

Eric,
Are we going to wrench on your car Thurs before the BBQ, or just sittin' around gettin' our drank on?

The latter.....the car can wait. Drinks sound so much more appealing. I have plans to get it to RRC 2031.

Well technically, it IS making it to part of this years RRC. laugh.gif

Actually need to find JP's sticker that I promised him about a year ago... blink.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 8 2014, 09:48 AM) *

Eric,

Think about it - parts of it are making it to Moab too.
Sleepin
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 8 2014, 09:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 8 2014, 09:48 AM) *

Eric,

Think about it - parts of it are making it to Moab too.

Very true! I had forgot about that. aktion035.gif

JRust

I think you have an oddball muffler. Valance's were the same barring the deep six valance I believe. I've got a spare valance I can bring if you want to cut yours to make it work. With a man of your metal skill. I'm sure you can just fab one in a few minutes right evilgrin.gif . Seriously if you want to cut it I'll bring you another smile.gif . I'm sure I have some spare lights too. I'll look into it tonight
McMark
blowup.gif

Circumstances have conspired to destroy my trip. I have a customer car that needs to be done before I go, and I can't finish it before I go. dry.gif

Can we have another RRC next month? idea.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 8 2014, 09:20 AM) *

QUOTE(AZ914 @ Sep 8 2014, 08:17 AM) *

Rick, I'm pretty sure all the valances are the same (for the -4's). You need a 1.7 muffler/hanger now to get the tailpipe in the right spot.o

Rick - does the valance have a notch or a hole? If a hole (referred to as "snowplows") there were two different ones. There was the one for a /6 and a different one for an early /4. The holes were slightly off from one another.

Here's the issue. Maybe I have a none stock muffler.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 8 2014, 12:23 PM) *

Nothing about that looks stock.....
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 8 2014, 01:29 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 8 2014, 12:23 PM) *

Nothing about that looks stock.....

dry.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 8 2014, 12:34 PM) *

dry.gif

Here is a stock for a 1.7

Click to view attachment
JStroud
Well looks like I'm out. Couldn't get the carbs tuned well enough for Mark to be able to finish them in time. Looks like they need a full rebuild, and that ain't going to happen before Wednesday. So maybe next year. Guess I'll have time to tear down my 2.7 and get it in the machine shop.

Have fun,
Jeff
SharonG
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 8 2014, 12:07 PM) *
Circumstances have conspired to destroy my trip. I have a customer car that needs to be done before I go, and I can't finish it before I go. dry.gif

Can we have another RRC next month? idea.gif

mad.gif That stinks, Mark. For that, you may end up winning the "That Guy" award.

QUOTE(JStroud @ Sep 8 2014, 12:39 PM) *
Well looks like I'm out. Couldn't get the carbs tuned well enough for Mark to be able to finish them in time. Looks like they need a full rebuild, and that ain't going to happen before Wednesday. So maybe next year. Guess I'll have time to tear down my 2.7 and get it in the machine shop.

You aren't going because you don't have a running 914?!?! I don't believe that's considered a valid excuse. biggrin.gif
JStroud
I know I know, but my only other vehicle is my work truck with lumber rack and tool box........that's not happening shades.gif
MoveQik
Anybody going to RRC that might have a rearview mirror for sale? Or...do you have one and know of someone that is going that could take it? biggrin.gif
Socalandy
I'm Bringing a mirror for you and along with a few other parts for Rick and the Lowes

3 Days aktion035.gif piratenanner.gif driving.gif beerchug.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Sep 8 2014, 09:30 PM) *

I'm Bringing a mirror for you and along with a few other parts for Rick and the Lowes

3 Days aktion035.gif piratenanner.gif driving.gif beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif Thanks!!
Socalandy
FYI,

The I15 is closed for the next 2-3 days from heavy rains washing out sections of road in the Moapa area east of Vegas sad.gif

It's a long way around that mess blink.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Sep 9 2014, 07:49 AM) *

FYI,

The I15 is closed for the next 2-3 days from heavy rains washing out sections of road in the Moapa area east of Vegas sad.gif

It's a long way around that mess blink.gif

I saw Moapa on the news this morning and wondered if it might affect travel.
Sleepin
What's the solution? I10 to Phoenix and up? I don't even know. sad.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 9 2014, 09:02 AM) *

LA to Moab via I-40 adds about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Not sure how to do it if you start in Las Vegas. JP?

Click to view attachment
MoveQik
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 9 2014, 08:02 AM) *

I would think I40 to Flagstaff, then up?
RonD
Might be able to by-pass mess by going to Lake Mead and back up to I-15 via Overtone on north end of the Lake. But also might add 2 hours to drive.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(RonD @ Sep 9 2014, 09:18 AM) *

Might be able to by-pass mess by going to Lake Mead and back up to I-15 via Overtone on north end of the Lake. But also might add 2 hours to drive.

Looks like road is closed around Overton as well.

Click to view attachment
Sleepin
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 9 2014, 09:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 9 2014, 09:02 AM) *

LA to Moab via I-40 adds about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Not sure how to do it if you start in Las Vegas. JP?

Click to view attachment

Clearly the easiest and fastest way is just to follow whatever path that airplane took! idea.gif lol-2.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 9 2014, 09:31 AM) *

Clearly the easiest and fastest way is just to follow whatever path that airplane took! idea.gif lol-2.gif

Eric,

Are you volunteering the Corporate Jet? biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
A little water on the Interstate doesn't scare me. shades.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.