Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 Porsche 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
drbill
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 11 2015, 04:48 PM) *

Since Dr. Bill thinks he's discovered the smoking gun so cleverly, lets recap.

I nor Jessica ever asked for money. We also never asked for free parts.

All that was shared was pictures of the car, Jessica's personal story and the actual location of the car in Pasadena, CA (Strictly German).

IF, the 914 community wanted to help Jessica get her car back on the road, that's wonderful. But Dr. Bill, if you think for a minute you've saved the 914 community from a spooky mysterious single mother con-artist, than you haven't done your homework. In fact, I can almost guarantee, you're one of those prowling conspiracy theorists. You couldn't be more wrong. And it's a real pity, because if anybody deserves help, it would be her.

I'll try to contact Jay Leno and maybe even run a crowd funding campaign to get her dream car back. Kind of ironic isn't it Dr. Bill. I actually tried to get help from a 914 community.

Thanks so much 914world for all the fabulous support. You can thank Dr. Bill for saving the day!!!

Nick,
You never answered the question about why you haven't gone and retrieved the car from the shop. On Jan. 23rd, you stated you were going to get it in a week. Have you?
No one here on this forum will be able to help you work on the car if it sits in the shop in Pasadena, correct? Let's keep it the about the car. No one here needs a sob story to be willing to help. Heck, they helped me just because I asked. Why are you so hell-bent on slamming Strictly German? Do you think everyone on here will rally to the picket line and somehow help you "get back" at that establishment? That's a job for Angie's List. If you want it running, cut your losses, go get the damn thing and let some of these generous folks who have offered to fix it at their homes get to it. Otherwise, it's all just BS. bs.gif
914bub
I'm calling BS based on the previous threads. Tell the truth and " the world" will help
nigolusa
OK,

Once again, the car is at Strictly German in Pasadena. Supposedly he wants $1,000 for installing a weber carb all after six months. So now, we have to figure whether to go to small claims court or pay this guy $1,000.

That is why the car is not at home. I do not have the money to pay for it, and Jessica is waiting for her tax return.

But honestly, I think this is becoming a nightmare and maybe it's not fair to ask anything from anybody in this forum.

Let's just say this project is DOA and leave it at that.

If anybody knows how to delete this thread please let me know. I made a huge mistake coming here in the first place.

Its becoming a nightmare. Not worth my time any longer.
robby750
Instead of Jay Leno, I would ask Bill Gates to help. He donates way more money than Leno.
nigolusa
QUOTE(robby750 @ Feb 11 2015, 08:53 PM) *

Instead of Jay Leno, I would ask Bill Gates to help. He donates way more money than Leno.

Knock knock, is there anybody home????
SirAndy
So the car is still at the shop? confused24.gif

You do realize that no one can help you until the car is out of the shop, yes?

This whole thread makes no damn sense ...
screwy.gif
nigolusa
This thread is over.

No need to do anything.

Sorry for all the confusion.

Officially Dead Thread.
mepstein
I wonder whose name is on the title?
914_teener
It sure makes you wonder..... confused24.gif

Some of his threads go back to 2009.

Kinda sociopathic.
KELTY360
All talk, no follow thru. Can't help someone who won't allow himself to be helped.
Brian Mifsud
I didn't get the part about having three kids and the only car you have is a 2 seat non runner. Aren't there old serviceable Accords/Civics out there by the hundreds you can buy for under $1500?

I could be wrong as I "skimmed" the thread, so forgive my assumptions if they were wrong. Sounds like somebody trying to help somebody who is hurting and that's always a good thing.
rhodyguy
The car could prob be sold, dependent on chassis condition, as is with the funds applied towards a decent second generation legacy wagon. It would be the ideal car for a single mother with children. Perhaps enough $ would be left over to cover the insurance for the year. Dreams are just that, DREAMS. Sometimes one has to wake up to the realities of life. 1k is an odd number. Too even. I wonder if a storage lien is in place?
SLITS
Now that it is over, I will chime in.

I believe I looked at this car about 2 - 3 years ago. Story seems the same. I drove to the house and looked at it ... it's a little rough. I left with the thought that it would be towed to my place so I would have access to my parts stash and I would fix it.

Nothing ever happened.
robby750
Look what I found http://www.freecharitycars.org/user/nigolusa/story
KELTY360
QUOTE(robby750 @ Feb 12 2015, 10:44 AM) *

idea.gif So I guess the 'single mother' part was bs.gif . Kinda makes the rest of it moot.
nigolusa
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 12 2015, 10:43 AM) *

I believe I looked at this car about 2 - 3 years ago. Story seems the same. I drove to the house and looked at it ... it's a little rough. I left with the thought that it would be towed to my place so I would have access to my parts stash and I would fix it.

Nothing ever happened.

You're the one that told us your reputation with the community wasn't that great and people had negative things to say about you. SOOOOO, Jessica didn't trust her car with you. She had a bad feeling.

Pretty simple and straightforward.
budk
QUOTE(robby750 @ Feb 12 2015, 01:44 PM) *

Wow.... what an ass. The story seemed fishy from the beginning. Glad that the truth seems to have come out. Good work to all the detectives.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 11:19 AM) *

Nothing ever happened.

You're the one that told us your reputation with the community wasn't that great and people had negative things to say about you. SOOOOO, Jessica didn't trust her car with you. She had a bad feeling.

Slits is an bootyshake.gif

But, I am sure you got that wrong, and it is your loss as Ron is one of the best on this site.

But Nick your story is so full of holes and questionable facts that need to be cleared up, with a non defensive attitude.
Did you send the AVEO to the same shop? why send a chevy to a porsche mechanic? why lie about being married to jessica? and how can you survive being unemployed since 09?
wndsnd
Seems to me there were many opportunities for help with the car and parts.

I believe this is a fish for cash.

John
rick 918-S
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 01:19 PM) *

Nothing ever happened.

If the story had a shred of truth to it and there was an opportunity to have Slits fix the car, and you didn't take him up on it you eff'd up buddy. slap.gif I happen to be lucky to call Slits a friend. And you know you just passed on an offer from one of the most generous guys on this forum.
KELTY360

Nothing ever happened.

Did it occur to you to ask the community about his reputation? You'd have found out that SLITS has a reputation for telling hard truths, even if people don't want to hear the truth. You blew it because you probably couldn't have found a better person to help get that car fixed. Oh yeah, people do say negative things about him....because he's short! poke.gif

Your loss.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Feb 12 2015, 01:30 PM) *

Nothing ever happened.

Slits is an bootyshake.gif

But, I am sure you got that wrong, and it is your loss as Ron is one of the best on this site.

But Nick your story is so full of holes and how can you survive being unemployed since 09?

agree.gif Everyone can do something. You can type stuff here on the forum. You could work in an office. Everyone can get a job at Mc Ducks...
malcolm2
Someone has to know this shop. Go by, report back with that side of the story.... PLEASE.
76-914

Nothing ever happened.

If you don't trust my buddy Ron you damned sure won't like me. Count me OUT. screwy.gif
DBCooper

Friend, it's probably a good thing you're such a bad liar, because at least that indicates you haven't done it enough to have gotten really good at it. So good for you, there may still be some hope.

Poor Jay Leno, he must have to sort through this kind of stuff constantly.

mepstein
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 02:19 PM) *

Nothing ever happened.

Thank you. Now we know for sure this story is a huge fabrication. I guess it's time for you to move on.
nigolusa
This is just laughable.

We never asked for any cash or parts or anything.

We just wanted help getting the car running.

Now it's turned into this sick F*** Fest of deception and stupidity.

Please, please, do not volunteer anything for god sakes. Go back to your conspiracy theory television watching and wax your 914s.

I think we'll be sending the car to Auto Atlanta. The owner is a brilliant man and a real professional engineer. I've personally talked to him on a few occasions.

The service department there quoted me between $3,000 - $5,000 to get the job done RIGHT!!!! Not by amateurs, but by real professional mechanics.

This is all my fault, I should have done this in the first place.

DBCooper
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 12:39 PM) *

This is just laughable.

Please, please, do not volunteer anything for god sakes. Go back to your conspiracy theory television watching and wax your 914s.

I think we'll be sending the car to Auto Atlanta. The owner is a brilliant man and a real professional engineer. I've personally talked to him on a few occasions.

The service department there quoted me between $3,000 - $5,000 to get the job done RIGHT!!!! Not by amateurs, but by real professional mechanics.

ha ha ha ha ha

Oh, my friend, it's so good to see you have a sense of humor. Tell George we said hi.
somd914
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 03:39 PM) *

This is just laughable.

This thread is a train wreck.

Good luck with Auto Atlanta (AA). Please keep us amateurs up to date on the progress.
popcorn[1].gif
phatnine11
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 12:39 PM) *

This is just laughable.

Too bad Motor Meister is gone! It would have been closer than "sending the car" to Atlanta!
Millerwelds
If you were worried about Slits reputation on here you should definitely do a search on Auto Atlanta (AA).

Let's see..... Help from Slits at free to very reasonable price or to Auto Atlanta for $$$$. Nothing fishy going on here. Nothing to see. Return to your normal lives. chair.gif
nigolusa
QUOTE(Millerwelds @ Feb 12 2015, 01:08 PM) *

If you were worried about Slits reputation on here you should definitely do a search on Auto Atlanta (AA).

Let's see..... Help from Slits at free to very reasonable price or to Auto Atlanta for $$$$. Nothing fishy going on here. Nothing to see. Return to your normal lives. chair.gif

Well I think I'll part with $1,500 of my own money and send it round trip to AutoAtlanta. At least I'll know 150% it will get done right.

Jessica's tax return will pay for the actual repair.

Since this simple request has turned into a conspiracy theory, it's probably the best course of action.

A 1975 Porsche 914 1.8 on AutoAtlanta's website was going for $10,000.

I figure if we invest $6,000 we could easily sell it for $10,000 or maybe more.

Hey, she just wants the car done right. Is that so difficult?????
timothy_nd28
I'm still confused. I can understand why the shop gave up with diagnosing the Ljet FI and slapped a carb onto it. Shouldn't the car be running now with this new carb?
914_teener
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 01:17 PM) *

Well I think I'll part with $1,500 of my own money and send it round trip to AutoAtlanta. At least I'll know 150% it will get done right.

Since this simple request has turned into a conspiracy theory, it's probably the best course of action.

Thought so.

When confronted....blame somebody else....it.s all their fault.
G e o r g e

after you pay

$1000 to Strictly German
1500 to ship
5000 K to AA
you will have a solid 6 K car to sell

make sure you have him put a new speaker cover set in, and 1 of his race lightened fans, and don't ship it back until you get the new dash

nigolusa
My god please call him and ask him, DURAN the owner why he has held on to this car for 6 months.

Strictly German Auto Repair
2435 E Colorado Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107

Phone number (626) 440-1242

When my Chevy Aveo was on it's last leg, he volunteered to fix the car for labor cost only. One month later, nothing happened. I was walking and taking buses with Leonardo everywhere. I ended up salvaging the car.

I really do not understand where this guy's head is. Why promise when you can't deliver????

His exact words were, "Why didn't you come to me in the first place". He's quoted this line on more than one occasion with no results.

As far as the EFI, no clue. It's a grand mystery. The car is just sitting there collecting rust. The EFI is totally dismantled with water filled inside the plastic electronics casing. I spent $400 for that air flow meter. Now it's junk.

wndsnd
ME thinks it is sitting there with a Mechanics Lien on it.

John
nigolusa
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Feb 12 2015, 01:35 PM) *

ME thinks it is sitting there with a Mechanics Lien on it.

John

You thinks wrong. He wants $1,000 after six month for installing a weber carb.
timothy_nd28
In a earlier post, you mentioned that this mechanic removed the FI and installed a single carburetor, is this correct? If yes, I can only assume that the car now runs. Even though installing a carb isn't the best repair IMHO, the car should be drivable. Why not pay this mechanic the 1000 dollars he wants and drive the car? You can always reinstall the FI at a later time.
nigolusa
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Feb 12 2015, 01:51 PM) *

In a earlier post, you mentioned that this mechanic removed the FI and installed a single carburetor, is this correct? If yes, I can only assume that the car now runs. Even though installing a carb isn't the best repair IMHO, the car should be drivable. Why not pay this mechanic the 1000 dollars he wants and drive the car? You can always reinstall the FI at a later time.

That's pretty much where we are at. Have to go see if in fact the car runs, because when I asked, he seemed wishy washy about the state of its drivability.

At this point I really think we're going to small claims court if it's not running.

Will find out this weekend on Saturday.

I'm just fed up. I've been there numerous times and it's always the same, i'll get it done, etc.. etc... I'm really fed up.
KELTY360

Ever hear the saying about a fool and his money?.........
monkeyboy
I don't mean to be mean, but judging from the pictures you have posted I don't see that car being a 10K car when repaired.

It's a 75, big bumper car. It's not especially clean, and not especially original. I can't see it selling for much more than 7,500 right now. There are cleaner cars out there.

Please do not take her money and think this is an investment. You will probably not be happy with the end result.
jwc914
I cant Imagine why this auto repair guy who has a license would install a carb on a f/I motor. The epa could shut him down for this and the fines are astronomical. Epa rules are no joke, and you already said all smog parts are removed and boxed. It is Illegal to SELL this car unless all F/I and smog replaced. You can argue all you want but check epa rules first.
Bulldog9
I'm just waiting for PT Barnum to check in on this one............ jes sayin..............
rhodyguy
Well...some folks may not like Ron, but I do. No, I love him. I want to have child with him.

You better have a LEGAL contract with George, personally, in place before you ship your car east.

Cut your loses. Take the shipping money, get the 914, sell it for what ever you can and buy a reliable car. Hard enough to reclaim a car some what local to you. if it's the better part of 3k miles away I don't think you will ever see it again. But you'll get the bill...
robby750
Notice the title to his first post. SINGLE Mother needs help. Now it looks like this is or was his wife. The whole story smelled fishy to me and still does. I think this guy is nothing but a con man looking for some good hearted soul to hand him some cash.
KELTY360
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 12 2015, 02:35 PM) *

Well...some folks may not like Ron, but I do. No, I love him. I want to have child with him.

That would certainly enhance the reputation of the 914 community. shades.gif

sparetimetoys.gif
nigolusa
The Sleuths have spoken!!!

Prizes will be awarded accordingly.
Rockaria
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 01:39 PM) *

...I think we'll be sending the car to Auto Atlanta. The owner is a brilliant man and a real professional engineer...

Click to view attachment
nigolusa
QUOTE(Rockaria @ Feb 12 2015, 03:58 PM) *

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 01:39 PM) *

...I think we'll be sending the car to Auto Atlanta. The owner is a brilliant man and a real professional engineer...

Click to view attachment

You mean he's a crook?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.