Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 Porsche 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
scotty b
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Rockaria @ Feb 12 2015, 03:58 PM) *

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 01:39 PM) *

...I think we'll be sending the car to Auto Atlanta. The owner is a brilliant man and a real professional engineer...

Click to view attachment

You mean he's a crook?

914nola
Can someone come to my house and install a fuel pump. I would supply beer till its done.
914_teener
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 12 2015, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Rockaria @ Feb 12 2015, 03:58 PM) *

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 01:39 PM) *

...I think we'll be sending the car to Auto Atlanta. The owner is a brilliant man and a real professional engineer...

Click to view attachment

You mean he's a crook?

lol-2.gif
av-943.gif

914nola
Anybody, fuel pump, free beer, I can cook salmon on the trager. chowtime.gif beer3.gif
nigolusa
Ok now this thread is getting fun, finally. It was way to serious.
bigkensteele
This one rubbed me the wrong way from the start, but I have learned my lesson on "if you don't have anything nice to say...".

As others have mentioned above, it doesn't take too much googling to figure this guy out.
DBCooper
You mean he's a crook?

Not necessarily. We have periodic group rants where we folks who've "contributed to AA's success" have a bitch-fest about our pain. But then there are always a few folks who've had good experiences who pipe up, I think just to piss the rest of us off even more.

Look, some advice. You want to get that car running? Your best bet was Slits, who's a really good guy, but you burned that bridge. Next best was help from the folks here, but the people here are really good too, so you really didn't need to "tell a story" to get that. Unfortunately that bridge is pretty much gone as well. If you've got the money to send the car back to Georgia then you have the money to have the shop finish putting that carb on your car. It's not the best solution but it will get it running, then sell it. If you get $5k for it you're ahead on the deal. Last option is send it back to AA along with five thousand bucks you don't have and let George do some "magic" on it. We generally like happy endings around here so we don't even want to know how that works out for you.

So that's the advice, whatever you think about Strictly German, the best and cheapest option you have available is to have them finish the car, then get rid of it. From the history it's apparent this has been going on for years already, so dump it now and get a more conventional transportation appliance. Seriously.

zambezi
Click to view attachment
914nola
Okay since the PNW crowd will not bite on smoked salmon and beer, maybe Zambezi will help with my fuel pump for boiled crawfish and moonshine.
somd914
QUOTE(914nola @ Feb 13 2015, 06:55 AM) *

Okay since the PNW crowd will not bite on smoked salmon and beer, maybe Zambezi will help with my fuel pump for boiled crawfish and moonshine.

OK, I'll speak up for the Mid-Atlantic region.

Make it oysters, steamed crabs, and beer - none of that light beer junk that the locals around here like...

This job shouldn't take more than a few weeks! drunk.gif
ripper911
I'll do it for crawfish and moonshine! chowtime.gif beer3.gif
SLITS
Yep ... around Feb 8, 2012 I went and looked at the car (found the thread via search).

You want to see, search nigolusa by exact name and you will see all the threads related to him and the car.

A prevaricator of the first order.

Now, if he wants assistance, the charge is $120 per hour or $2.00 per minute from an "amateur", but my suggestion is that he call Pick-A-Part. He'll get the <$500 it is worth.
av-943.gif

Sorry my fellow amateurs, I couldn't resist.

Oh, and I want Stone Crabs, Blue Point Oysters and Little Neck Clams. chowtime.gif Crawfish are good too!
Bulldog9
lol, this guy reminds me of the bank robber who wrote his 'stickup note' on the back of a personal check..... blink.gif
nigolusa
If anybody is familiar with the show "Wheeler Dealers" on Speed Channel, you've seen Ed China at work. In fact there was a show in which he diagnosed a 914 with cooling problems related to the flaps underneath the car and other issues.

If anybody knows of a mechanic with that kind of charm, brilliance, modesty and encyclopedic knowledge of automobile mechanics, please let me know.

We are actually looking for THAT caliber of professionalism in a mechanic.

OH and by the way, I seriously doubt Ed China would charge $120 per hour. He'd probably be fair, honest and diagnose only what's needed. He's that kind of classy guy smilie_pokal.gif

I pray there is somebody of that caliber in California. If there is, Jessica would be more than happy to part with $3,000 of her tax return to get the car fixed by a REAL PRO!!!

bye1.gif

rhodyguy
"BRILLIANT!". Prob best to stay with the AA game plan.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 13 2015, 10:48 AM) *

Looky at the big edumakated word from Slits... blink.gif
Ron must be reading his old copies of Readers Digest again. thumb3d.gif
era vulgaris
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 12:44 PM) *

If anybody is familiar with the show "Wheeler Dealers" on Speed Channel, you've seen Ed China at work. In fact there was a show in which he diagnosed a 914 with cooling problems related to the flaps underneath the car and other issues.

If anybody knows of a mechanic with that kind of charm, brilliance, modesty and encyclopedic knowledge of automobile mechanics, please let me know.

OH and by the way, I seriously doubt Ed China would charge $120 per hour. He'd probably be fair, honest and diagnose only what's needed. He's that kind of classy guy smilie_pokal.gif

I pray there is somebody of that caliber in California. If there is, Jessica would be more than happy to part with $3,000 of her tax return to get the car fixed by a REAL PRO!!!

bye1.gif

Ed China famously misdiagnosed the situation with that car. He said the thermostat failed, which was the cause of overheating. That's wrong. Everyone who's owned a Type I, II, III, or IV air-cooled car knows that the thermostat fails in the open position to prevent overheating.
Ed seems like a nice guy, just pointing out an error he made.

Also, I think between $80-$120/hr is what you're going to pay for an honest, fair, and competent mechanic that specializes in vintage sports cars. And then the people who are real artists in the trade, the guys you go to for the truly high end, concours quality stuff, are going to charge a hell of a lot more than that.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 09:44 AM) *

Jessica would be more than happy to part with $3,000

Why, on earth would she waste the limited funds you have talked about on a car that would have been fixed, correctly, for free had you not made an ASS of yourself.

If the story of her kids is true , you have harmed her kids more than helped.
Big Len
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 13 2015, 01:10 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 13 2015, 10:48 AM) *

Looky at the big edumakated word from Slits... blink.gif
Ron must be reading his old copies of Readers Digest again. thumb3d.gif

Yeah SLITS, go easy. I had to look that one up.

The guy's clearly a loon.
914nola
QUOTE(somd914 @ Feb 13 2015, 04:38 AM) *

QUOTE(914nola @ Feb 13 2015, 06:55 AM) *

OK, I'll speak up for the Mid-Atlantic region.

Make it oysters, steamed crabs, and beer - none of that light beer junk that the locals around here like...

This job shouldn't take more than a few weeks! drunk.gif

If boiled crabs would be okay with charbroiled oysters, boiled crawfish, beer and moonshine then I think we can get ripper911 to come help. Then all we need is a plane ticket for slits. Should have it up and running by easter.
scotty b
dry.gif DAMNIT Dave !!! dry.gif mad.gif
MDG
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 13 2015, 01:57 PM) *

dry.gif DAMNIT Dave !!! dry.gif mad.gif

yeah.... Dammit Daivd mad.gif
nigolusa
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 13 2015, 10:02 AM) *

"BRILLIANT!". Prob best to stay with the AA game plan.

I agree, it is brilliant!!! But invariably there will always exist a group of "Le Numbs" who just don't get it. They just refuse to understand the simplicity of this whole 914 ordeal.

Step 1: Find a REAL 914 mechanic
Step 2: Fix the car
Step 3: Pay the mechanic
Step 4: Drive away

It can't be that hard. I mean cmon!!!

There has to be a REAL 914 mechanic somewhere here in Los Angeles. But please one with class and elegance.

And as for the dim wit who made the comment about the kids, you know what you can do. And god forbid you ever get a blood disorder or lose your sight or get diagnosed with epilepsy. Because I'll be the first to gouge your eyes out and skull F***you!!!!! Got it Pile???
SLITS

bye1.gif

I knew it wasn't over.

Even though you have insulted everyone on this board, I am still willing to help. The kids are more important to me than you or Jessica. They deserve a good chance at life ... you've already shot yours.

And the caliber of person you are looking for readily exists in 99.99% of the non-members of this board. You're to fucking blind to see it.
914_teener
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 13 2015, 11:29 AM) *

bye1.gif

I knew it wasn't over.

Even though you have insulted everyone on this board, I am still willing to help. The kids are more important to me than you or Jessica. They deserve a good chance at life ... you've already shot yours.

And the caliber of person you are looking for readily exists in 99.99% of the non-members of this board. You're to fucking blind to see it.

blink.gif blink.gif

popcorn[1].gif

Well......?
nigolusa

bye1.gif

I knew it wasn't over.

You're wrong, I haven't insulted everybody on this board. But the dim wits who are making wry comments about my intentions to help her get her 914 back on the road, well those people shouldn't comment at all.

Facts:
1. I am not married
2. I live in Las Vegas, NV
3. I came to Los Angeles because they were evicted from their Pasadena, CA home
4. I parted with $7,000 of my own cash to help them move and find a new home to rent. I personally moved 75% of their entire home and garage.
5. The Porsche 914 once is done, will be given to her son who turns 16 next year.

So basically I sacrificed my money, time blood sweat and tears to make sure they are safe.

SOOOOOO, not to insult anyone and GOD HELP ME, I'm shutting my mouth and have it duct taped along with my fingers and arms.

I don't want to say something I will regret.

All I want is to help them, and I'll be on my marry way back home.

Again, if you know of an EXCELLENT MECHANIC, you can call Jessica directly.

Thanks so much for all your support.

DBCooper
I'm impressed, Ron. I already had a pretty good opinion of you (though normally I'd never say that out loud) but now you've gone and surpassed that. Good job.

Nigolusa, friend, Ed China is now an ACTOR. I'm totally surprised Ron made that offer and if you don't take him up on it and keep insulting real mechanics your ONLY recourse will be calling Pick N Pull to haul it away.

Mueller
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 11:38 AM) *

Until the car is off the property of the current mechanics shop the search for a new mechanic is fairly useless.

If the bill hasn't been paid, running or not, I doubt he'll just let anyone drive on up and tow it away unless he just wants the headache gone.
budk
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 02:38 PM) *

You're wrong, I haven't insulted everybody on this board. But the dim wits who are making wry comments about my intentions to help her get her 914 back on the road, well those people shouldn't comment at all.

Facts:
1. I am not married
4. I parted with $7,000 of my own cash to help them move and find a new home to rent. I personally moved 75% of their entire home and garage.
5. The Porsche 914 once is done, will be given to her son who turns 16 next year.

So basically I sacrificed my money, time blood sweat and tears to make sure they are safe.

SOOOOOO, not to insult anyone and GOD HELP ME, I'm shutting my mouth and have it duct taped along with my fingers and arms.

You posted on this board in 2009 looking for help for the 75 YOU had recently purchased. A google search shows that you and Jessica have the same last name and are the same age. Maybe the info on the internet is false? confused24.gif

But based on that google search this is not the first time that Jessica has had problems with a mechanic fixing your her car. Did Jay Leno ever answer your letter about needing help fixing your 2004 Aveo?
[/s]
nigolusa
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 13 2015, 11:49 AM) *

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 11:38 AM) *

Until the car is off the property of the current mechanics shop the search for a new mechanic is fairly useless.

If the bill hasn't been paid, running or not, I doubt he'll just let anyone drive on up and tow it away unless he just wants the headache gone.

She's waiting for the H&R Block electronic tax return next week.

Then, she'll pay the guy IF it is actually done. He's been promising for so long, only god knows if it's true. I've called him on many occasions. I personally visited him with one of her kids. The car was not touched.

It is a true mystery that only Duran owner of Strictly German can answer. I'm baffled and lost.
nigolusa
QUOTE(budk @ Feb 13 2015, 11:53 AM) *

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 02:38 PM) *

Facts:
1. I am not married

You posted on this board in 2009 looking for help for the 75 YOU had recently purchased. A google search shows that you and Jessica have the same last name and are the same age. Maybe the info on the internet is false? confused24.gif

But based on that google search this is not the first time that Jessica has had problems with a mechanic fixing your her car. Did Jay Leno ever answer your letter about needing help fixing your 2004 Aveo?
[/s]

NEVER got any answer from Mr. Leno about the Aveo or the 914.

In fact, the guy at Strictly German back in 2014 asked me "What's wrong with your Aveo"? I told him it's dying. He exclaimed, "Well why didn't you come to me". SOOO, he promised to fix it. It sat for a month and was never done. I had no choice but to salvage it. And oh, by the way, the 914 was still in his garage.

SOOO, I wrote a letter thinking that maybe Mr. Leno could help me get the Aveo back on the road. You see, Jessica doesn't drive. So I've been a part time chauffeur when I'm in California. I didn't have $3,000 to replace the engine on the Aveo back then.

Any other questions Mr. Holmes?
nigolusa

bye1.gif

I knew it wasn't over.

Thanks Ron, but you don't know Jessica. She's a gladiator and fought 1000 battles. Her son was clinically dead in Argentina 25 years ago. She summoned the doctors back to the operating room and didn't let him parish.

I'm not making any judgments about you, but trust me, you DON"T KNOW HER until you walked in her shoes!!!! You really have no idea who you're dealing with. So that statement you made about her, is COMPLETELY OUT OF LINE!!!! Note: Think before you strike the match. It's easy to type on the computer in the privacy of your own home. But face to face, there is where the reality stands!!!
DBCooper
Wait a minute, Jessica doesn't drive? Dude you need to quit when you're ahead, everything you say just makes it worse. And worse.

Gentlemen, this is beyond absurd. I think we're being punked.

malcolm2
Now the DREAM car is going to go to the kid? Isn't that a new twist?
budk
[quote name='nigolusa' date='Feb 13 2015, 03:02 PM' post='2145911']

[/quote]
[/quote]

So are you referring to me as Sherlock or John ? BTW, your other posts about the Aveo and the Porsche mechanic that promised to fix it were from 2012, not 2014.

It's about time the admin's stepped in ....
nigolusa
[quote name='budk' date='Feb 13 2015, 12:32 PM' post='2145923']

[/quote]
[/quote]

So are you referring to me as Sherlock or John ? BTW, your other posts about the Aveo and the Porsche mechanic that promised to fix it were from 2012, not 2014.

[/quote]

Yes my Aveo died in 2014. Correct. So what?
nigolusa
OK so Leonardo wanted to share with 914world some of his talents.

Here is the YouTube link.

He's an incredible young man and a real hero!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_goo9q_krK8...eature=youtu.be
scotty b
Who needs Breaking Bad when we've got this aktion035.gif
robby750
This clown is nuts.
budk
[quote name='nigolusa' date='Feb 13 2015, 03:41 PM' post='2145929']
[quote name='budk' date='Feb 13 2015, 12:32 PM' post='2145923']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes my Aveo died in 2014. Correct. So what?
[/quote]
confused24.gif nevermind

If you still expect help from someone on this board who hasn't read through all of this thread to see the truth, then you may want to stop with the off-handed threats.
ThePaintedMan
You still didn't address the fact that there's a website using our same username talking about the same "Jessica" who you've stated was a single mom... however on that website "nigolusa" claims she is married.

You basically called our friend Ron a liar when he tried to help you several years ago.

Your story changes each time you have posted here over the past few years and now you're even taking on a threatening tone.

Three strikes you're out in my book bud.

But if you're still somehow serious and can actually come up with the money, why not ship your car to a KNOWLEDGEABLE mechanic, like you've been requesting... McMark at Original Customs in Sonoma, CA is only 6 hours away. If you had done that to begin with the car would have been on the road by now. And not for $3000 likely.

Then again, I'm not sure I'd wish that on Mark.
nigolusa
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 13 2015, 12:57 PM) *

YESSSS, so much drama for something so simple.

Damn, imagine if I was secretly a meth manufacturer disguised as a 914 enthusiast who is looking for an honest mechanic to work on his car.

So, in the first episode, I enlist a large community of 914 owners to ship these "so called" 914 parts all over the USA> Little do they know, they are actually transporting illegal drugs.

Of course the star of the show would be the actual 914 car itself. AND, after breaking all cable network records, the value of 914s would've skyrocketed.

Hmmmmm not a bad idea. Anybody know how to write a script??
nigolusa
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Feb 13 2015, 01:04 PM) *

You still didn't address the fact that there's a website using our same username talking about the same "Jessica" who you've stated was a single mom... however on that website "nigolusa" claims she is married.

You basically called our friend Ron a liar when he tried to help you several years ago.

Your story changes each time you have posted here over the past few years and now you're even taking on a threatening tone.

Three strikes you're out in my book bud.

But if you're still somehow serious and can actually come up with the money, why not ship your car to a KNOWLEDGEABLE mechanic, like you've been requesting... McMark at Original Customs in Sonoma, CA is only 6 hours away. If you had done that to begin with the car would have been on the road by now. And not for $3000 likely.

Then again, I'm not sure I'd wish that on Mark.

Wow now that's a solution. Bravo and thanks!!!!
914_teener
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 01:09 PM) *

Damn, imagine if I was secretly a meth manufacturer disguised as a 914 enthusiast who is looking for an honest mechanic to work on his car.

So, in the first episode, I enlist a large community of 914 owners to ship these "so called" 914 parts all over the USA> Little do they know, they are actually transporting illegal drugs.

Of course the star of the show would be the actual 914 car itself. AND, after breaking all cable network records, the value of 914s would've skyrocketed.

sociopath

A person with antisocial personality disorder. Probably the most widely recognized personality disorder. A sociopath is often well liked because of their charm and high charisma, but they do not usually care about other people. They think mainly of themselves and often blame others for the things that they do. They have a complete disregard for rules and lie constantly. They seldom feel guilt or learn from punishments. Though some sociopaths have become murders, most reveal their sociopathy through less deadly and sensational means.

SLITS
On second thought ... deleted

I'm done

Millerwelds
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 01:17 PM) *

Well I think I'll part with $1,500 of my own money and send it round trip to AutoAtlanta. At least I'll know 150% it will get done right.

IF you have the $1500 to get it to AA then use it first and foremost to get the car back from the “pig” that currently has it.

date='Dec 21 2012, 4:17 PM from http://www.freecharitycars.org/user/nigolusa/story
We have a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, which is our sole mode of transportation.
We are making it, but just. Recently, a local Porsche mechanic here in Pasadena promised to help us fix the Aveo at a reduced cost, but at the last minute insultingly abandoned us.

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Jan 22 2015, 07:02 PM) *

Trying to help a single mother who is being badly ripped off by "Strictly German" in Pasadena CA. They have had her car for over 6 months and nothing has been done.

Wait…What? Aveo goes bad in 2012?

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 12:02 PM) *

In fact, the guy at Strictly German back in 2014 asked me "What's wrong with your Aveo"? I told him it's dying. He exclaimed, "Well why didn't you come to me". SOOO, he promised to fix it. It sat for a month and was never done. I had no choice but to salvage it. And oh, by the way, the 914 was still in his garage.

Yeah Mr. Holmes has more questions. How did you have your Aveo in the bad Porsche shop in 2012 (funny place for an Aveo by the way) and salvage it then only to have the same bad Porsche shop in 2014 have it again for a month doing nothing? More importantly how was the 914 there when you dropped the Aveo off in 2012 if he has only had it for 6+ months. Was it a different bad Porsche mechanic? No that can’t be because you use the same story and the same issues with the cars and even the same timeframes for the lack of repairs and the same shop has the 914 and…….I am getting confused in the cloud of BS…..forgive me. My bad.

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 01:30 PM) *

When my Chevy Aveo was on it's last leg, he volunteered to fix the car for labor cost only. One month later, nothing happened. I was walking and taking buses with Leonardo everywhere. I ended up salvaging the car.

So the “SOB” completely screwed you over with the Aveo to the point you had to salvage it. And then it occurred to you to have him complete the same quality work on the prized possession 914. Interesting train of thought…. Oh wait. Again I am a bit lost. I forget now was the 914 there back in 2012 also? Too many inaccuracies in the story to follow any accurate timeline.

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 01:54 PM) *

That's pretty much where we are at. Have to go see if in fact the car runs, because when I asked, he seemed wishy washy about the state of its drivability.

Will find out this weekend on Saturday.

I'm just fed up. I've been there numerous times and it's always the same, i'll get it done, etc.. etc... I'm really fed up.

Again history repeats itself. Bad service on the Aveo, same bad service on the 914, you’re fed up. If you actually go look at it on Saturday go with the $1000 in your pocket and a trailer to get it the f*ck out of there so when you ask people for help, and they offer it up, they can actually help you. Until then you are just treading water. Take some pics of it for the fans here as well. I personally would love to see the carb install that was done.

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Jan 23 2015, 05:32 PM) *

Yes I am going to take it from "Strictly German" next week. Will let you know. Leave me your email address And I will keep you all posted.

I mean after all it has been 3 weeks since you said you were going to pick it up and yet it is still there…..

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Jan 23 2015, 07:45 PM) *

OK first gotta get car out. Thanks for all of the help. Will keep everybody posted.

EXACTLY. You even said it yourself. Let us know when that actually happens.

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 11 2015, 08:41 PM) *

That is why the car is not at home. I do not have the money to pay for it, and Jessica is waiting for her tax return.

Or do you not have the $1000 as you state here. That would make sense why you have not picked it up.

Well I think I'll part with $1,500 of my own money and send it round trip to AutoAtlanta.

…Oh wait now you do have the $1500? That was a good 17 hours for you.

I pray there is somebody of that caliber in California.

There is. He goes by Slits. He matches all of the required personality and professional traits you mention. Well maybe not the charm…… But hey, all but one is not bad right?

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 03:35 PM) *

The Sleuths have spoken!!!

Prizes will be awarded accordingly.

Ooohhh Ooohhhh What did I win? What did I win? piratenanner.gif

And the truly tragic part is this guy has been a member here since 2008 with over 100 posts. There is likely a lot of love and passion for these little cars. In fact if you look at his twitter account and Google+ you can see a great passion for cars in general. In fact with enough sleuthing you can find a fair amount of truth in some of the story. Jessica for example https://cip.memberclicks.net/index.php?opti...userid=19142006

These members have done amazing things for people in the past. Often for free. They would have done the same for you. Until you got in your own way, again, and again, and again.
MDG
Shouldn't there have been flying monkeys by now?

mellow.gif

Shit... did I miss the flying monkeys?
nigolusa
QUOTE(Millerwelds @ Feb 13 2015, 01:28 PM) *

Well I think I'll part with $1,500 of my own money and send it round trip to AutoAtlanta. At least I'll know 150% it will get done right.

IF you have the $1500 to get it to AA then use it first and foremost to get the car back from the “pig” that currently has it.

date='Dec 21 2012, 4:17 PM from http://www.freecharitycars.org/user/nigolusa/story
We have a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, which is our sole mode of transportation.
We are making it, but just. Recently, a local Porsche mechanic here in Pasadena promised to help us fix the Aveo at a reduced cost, but at the last minute insultingly abandoned us.

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Jan 22 2015, 07:02 PM) *

Trying to help a single mother who is being badly ripped off by "Strictly German" in Pasadena CA. They have had her car for over 6 months and nothing has been done.

Wait…What? Aveo goes bad in 2012?

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 12:02 PM) *

Yeah Mr. Holmes has more questions. How did you have your Aveo in the bad Porsche shop in 2012 (funny place for an Aveo by the way) and salvage it then only to have the same bad Porsche shop in 2014 have it again for a month doing nothing? More importantly how was the 914 there when you dropped the Aveo off in 2012 if he has only had it for 6+ months. Was it a different bad Porsche mechanic? No that can’t be because you use the same story and the same issues with the cars and even the same timeframes for the lack of repairs and the same shop has the 914 and…….I am getting confused in the cloud of BS…..forgive me. My bad.

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 01:30 PM) *

When my Chevy Aveo was on it's last leg, he volunteered to fix the car for labor cost only. One month later, nothing happened. I was walking and taking buses with Leonardo everywhere. I ended up salvaging the car.

So the “SOB” completely screwed you over with the Aveo to the point you had to salvage it. And then it occurred to you to have him complete the same quality work on the prized possession 914. Interesting train of thought…. Oh wait. Again I am a bit lost. I forget now was the 914 there back in 2012 also? Too many inaccuracies in the story to follow any accurate timeline.

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 01:54 PM) *

That's pretty much where we are at. Have to go see if in fact the car runs, because when I asked, he seemed wishy washy about the state of its drivability.

Will find out this weekend on Saturday.

I'm just fed up. I've been there numerous times and it's always the same, i'll get it done, etc.. etc... I'm really fed up.

Again history repeats itself. Bad service on the Aveo, same bad service on the 914, you’re fed up. If you actually go look at it on Saturday go with the $1000 in your pocket and a trailer to get it the f*ck out of there so when you ask people for help, and they offer it up, they can actually help you. Until then you are just treading water. Take some pics of it for the fans here as well. I personally would love to see the carb install that was done.

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Jan 23 2015, 05:32 PM) *

Yes I am going to take it from "Strictly German" next week. Will let you know. Leave me your email address And I will keep you all posted.

I mean after all it has been 3 weeks since you said you were going to pick it up and yet it is still there…..

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Jan 23 2015, 07:45 PM) *

OK first gotta get car out. Thanks for all of the help. Will keep everybody posted.

EXACTLY. You even said it yourself. Let us know when that actually happens.

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 11 2015, 08:41 PM) *

That is why the car is not at home. I do not have the money to pay for it, and Jessica is waiting for her tax return.

Or do you not have the $1000 as you state here. That would make sense why you have not picked it up.

Well I think I'll part with $1,500 of my own money and send it round trip to AutoAtlanta.

…Oh wait now you do have the $1500? That was a good 17 hours for you.

I pray there is somebody of that caliber in California.

There is. He goes by Slits. He matches all of the required personality and professional traits you mention. Well maybe not the charm…… But hey, all but one is not bad right?

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 12 2015, 03:35 PM) *

The Sleuths have spoken!!!

Prizes will be awarded accordingly.

Ooohhh Ooohhhh What did I win? What did I win? piratenanner.gif

And the truly tragic part is this guy has been a member here since 2008 with over 100 posts. There is likely a lot of love and passion for these little cars. In fact if you look at his twitter account and Google+ you can see a great passion for cars in general. In fact with enough sleuthing you can find a fair amount of truth in some of the story. Jessica for example https://cip.memberclicks.net/index.php?opti...userid=19142006

These members have done amazing things for people in the past. Often for free. They would have done the same for you. Until you got in your own way, again, and again, and again.

Yes there's a lot of truth. Somehow I'm the bad guy here. Which is pretty obsurd if you really knew me. I sacrifice a lot for my friends and family but I just don't brag about it.

Somehow this whole thing has really gone all to hell!!!!!
nigolusa
QUOTE(914_teener @ Feb 13 2015, 01:18 PM) *

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 01:09 PM) *

sociopath

A person with antisocial personality disorder. Probably the most widely recognized personality disorder. A sociopath is often well liked because of their charm and high charisma, but they do not usually care about other people. They think mainly of themselves and often blame others for the things that they do. They have a complete disregard for rules and lie constantly. They seldom feel guilt or learn from punishments. Though some sociopaths have become murders, most reveal their sociopathy through less deadly and sensational means.

You are dillusional!!! You have no idea what you're talking about!!!
76-914
IBTL & ILBT. Now that Mr. Personality has worn out his welcome here, has anyone suggested 914club.com (which George of AA runs)? Or better yet, there is an obscure little 914 board with some very tolerant folks at clubnarp.com also. After reading your threatening post to Ron I'm sure this thing will be locked down shortly. Did anyone have the good manners to invite out friend to the G&R gathering this spring? shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.