Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 Porsche 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
ripper911
IPB Image
thieuster
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 14 2015, 06:23 AM) *

It all got started with a wooden frame for the front bumper and evolved beyond that:

Alfa 75! Nice, you tried to create an IMSA version with wood? The Dutch highway patrol would hang you to dry if you tried to drive the roads with that. Unsafe for pedestrians and cyclists. You could get lots of body trim parts for these. Often sold by a Dutch tuning company Savali. (One of my students has worked there for a few years - I used to be a highschool teacher).

Alfas were common as muck back in Holland back in those years. They had a bunch of dedicated followers. Mostly people who had misty eyes when they spotted the Alfa-red, forgetting the electrical gremlins, the rust problems (you could here the rust beetles eating the metal in the brochure), the lousy build quality and the fast depreciation... But then came the Alfa 156. AFAIK never sold in the US. A fantastic car! That car ticked all the boxes. Size-wise about the same as a modern day Buick Regal. If you can lay your hands on one of these, that would be a great car to enjoy. Oh man. It was the car that sent BMW engineers back to the drawingboard for a better 3 Series.

An anecdote: my wife had a green metallic Alfa, I had a Merc at that time. My Merc spent days and days in at the Merc's dealers shop - resulting in TWO new engines within 30K miles. Production proces faillure. In all that time, my wife's Alfa never broke down, never had a problem. Nothing in nearly 200K miles!

Menno

IPB Image

EDIT. And oh, now we're discussing Alfas... Look what a local guy has in his garage - among several other high end cars...

IPB Image

With my modest TR3A in the background...

IPB Image
Rotary'14
confused24.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

wow
nigolusa
QUOTE(thieuster @ Feb 14 2015, 08:36 AM) *

It all got started with a wooden frame for the front bumper and evolved beyond that:

Alfa 75! Nice, you tried to create an IMSA version with wood? The Dutch highway patrol would hang you to dry if you tried to drive the roads with that. Unsafe for pedestrians and cyclists. You could get lots of body trim parts for these. Often sold by a Dutch tuning company Savali. (One of my students has worked there for a few years - I used to be a highschool teacher).

Alfas were common as muck back in Holland back in those years. They had a bunch of dedicated followers. Mostly people who had misty eyes when they spotted the Alfa-red, forgetting the electrical gremlins, the rust problems (you could here the rust beetles eating the metal in the brochure), the lousy build quality and the fast depreciation... But then came the Alfa 156. AFAIK never sold in the US. A fantastic car! That car ticked all the boxes. Size-wise about the same as a modern day Buick Regal. If you can lay your hands on one of these, that would be a great car to enjoy. Oh man. It was the car that sent BMW engineers back to the drawingboard for a better 3 Series.

An anecdote: my wife had a green metallic Alfa, I had a Merc at that time. My Merc spent days and days in at the Merc's dealers shop - resulting in TWO new engines within 30K miles. Production proces faillure. In all that time, my wife's Alfa never broke down, never had a problem. Nothing in nearly 200K miles!

Menno

EDIT. And oh, now we're discussing Alfas... Look what a local guy has in his garage - among several other high end cars...

Yes what really happened was a wooden frame. Over the frame I sprayed expanding foam let it dry and then carve it with a knife. Over the carved piece I poured plaster. It was definitely a labor of love but more of discovery.

You can actually create a body kit with next to nothing but of course clay is always king. Just need an indoor space with temperature control

The white version of the Alfa was the closest I got, but never finished. I was kicked out of the work space. I was very close sad.gif((( ARGHGGGG

NICE TR3A Beautiful!!!!
zambezi
What.... you mean a landlord actually kicked you out. SHOCKING!!
nigolusa
QUOTE(zambezi @ Feb 14 2015, 10:27 AM) *

What.... you mean a landlord actually kicked you out. SHOCKING!!

Go back to your Legos and leave the real building for the smilie_pokal.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 09:21 PM) *

A few more iterations of the Alfa Romeo Milano body kit I created during 2009-2010:

Poor Alfa....no car should be subjected to that kind of "look at me" abuse sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 14 2015, 12:10 PM) *
leave the real building for the smilie_pokal.gif

You mean people like the guy who invented a sob story about "a single mother who lost her daily driver to an evil mechanic" in order to solicit money and free parts and labor from a group of car enthusiasts?
barf.gif
nigolusa
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 14 2015, 12:15 PM) *

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 14 2015, 12:10 PM) *
leave the real building for the smilie_pokal.gif

You mean people like the guy who invented a sob story about "a single mother who lost her daily driver to an evil mechanic" in order to solicit money and free parts and labor from a group of car enthusiasts?
barf.gif

You are stupid but do you mean to tell me you can't read???? I'm losing faith in humanity.

Pay close attention, "I" never asked for money. "I", never solicited for money or parts. "I" asked if the community can help fix Jessica's car.

If you had any balls, you'd show up here at the doorstep to see for yourself.

But what's really the kicker here is, the guy that came here to see the car and meet the family. Guess what, all he spoke about was the car. He never mentioned Jessica, Leonardo, Vance nor Brian Jr.

???????? What, you mean he didn't bother mentioning that Leonardo has severe Hemophilia A with spontaneous bleeding and is legally blind and has cheated death more than a dozen times? He also didn't mention that his brother suffers from nocturnal seizures and was born with a stroke and has a shunt attached from his brain to his stomach.

So you see "Bright Boy", you know nothing. You are just assuming.

Do you homework because you're gonna be sent to the principal's office.

yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif
nigolusa
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 14 2015, 12:14 PM) *

A few more iterations of the Alfa Romeo Milano body kit I created during 2009-2010:

Poor Alfa....no car should be subjected to that kind of "look at me" abuse sad.gif

I think you have ZERO imagination. Open your mind!!!
nigolusa
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 14 2015, 09:48 AM) *

QUOTE(thieuster @ Feb 14 2015, 08:36 AM) *

Menno

Yes what really happened was a wooden frame. Over the frame I sprayed expanding foam let it dry and then carve it with a knife. Over the carved piece I poured plaster. It was definitely a labor of love but more of discovery.

You can actually create a body kit with next to nothing but of course clay is always king. Just need an indoor space with temperature control

The white version of the Alfa was the closest I got, but never finished. I was kicked out of the work space. I was very close sad.gif((( ARGHGGGG

NICE TR3A Beautiful!!!!

Yes I agree the 156 was a suberb car. I used to watch WTCC all the time when Tarquini was driving against all the BMWs. I miss those days since Alfa left WTCC.
914bub
That's "Sir Bright Boy" to you and I have a feeling the "Balls" may be Coming right up, soon
nigolusa
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 14 2015, 12:14 PM) *

When Jason Castriota was working for Bertone and he created "The Mantide" they called him bananas, nuts, wacko.

NOW, everybody is copying his design cues off of that car. Just take a look at the new 2016 Ford GT.

The Mantide was WAY WAY ahead of its time, but you probably think it's stupid looking.

chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif
nigolusa
QUOTE(914bub @ Feb 14 2015, 12:49 PM) *

That's "Sir Bright Boy" to you and I have a feeling the "Balls" may be Coming right up, soon

OH come on down. I'll introduce you to "Strictly German" and the owner Duran who has had her car there for six months.

I'll also introduce you to the whole family, unless of course you want to "Facetime" before you arrive.

av-943.gif
914nola
QUOTE(somd914 @ Feb 13 2015, 05:19 PM) *

QUOTE(ripper911 @ Feb 13 2015, 05:45 PM) *

So, no crawfish and moonshine? mad.gif

Guess that means no on the oysters, crabs, and beer also? My bags and toolbox were packed. hissyfit.gif

Oh no we can still do it. Slits is out I think, he wouldn't fly coach. driving.gif
nigolusa
QUOTE(914nola @ Feb 14 2015, 12:52 PM) *

QUOTE(somd914 @ Feb 13 2015, 05:19 PM) *

QUOTE(ripper911 @ Feb 13 2015, 05:45 PM) *

So, no crawfish and moonshine? mad.gif

Guess that means no on the oysters, crabs, and beer also? My bags and toolbox were packed. hissyfit.gif

Oh no we can still do it. Slits is out I think, he wouldn't fly coach. driving.gif

Applause, applause, applause!!!! evilgrin.gif
ripper911
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 14 2015, 03:34 PM) *

Do you homework because you're gonna be sent to the principal's office.

yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif

SirAndy is the principal. av-943.gif
drbill
This is one weird thread. More entertaining than anything on the tube, but weird. Looks like the O.P. is trying to resurrect his image by impressing us with his abilities as a "car guy" by posting some old pictures found on the interweb. This is after a few of us dared to ask a few questions about his story. I'm on lots of car forums and for the most part find them informative and the people very helpful. However, this is the first time I've seen a thread asking for help with a car that found the need to start with details about the personal life and tragedies of the person who may or may not own the car, then trash, by name, the shop which currently has the car.
Still don't have a straight answer to some basic questions:
1. Who owns the car?
2. Are you married to Jessica now or is she your ex?
3. Are her children yours?
4. Do you have any money to help with the car or get it out of the shop?
(Be careful: you have stated that you have $1500 to send the car to AA)
5. Does Jessica have a driver's license or is she somehow not able to drive?
6. If the answer to #5 is no, then how is it her dream car?
7. When was the last time the car ran?
8. When was the last time it was registered and had a legal tag?
9. When was the last time you had meaningful employment?
10. What is your career?
11. Are you mobbed up?
12. Has the ACA somehow cut off your medications?
There are enough questions here to provide material for a whole season of episodes. The hell with "House of Cards!"

You may not have directly asked for money or parts, but you sure didn't turn anything down when offered early on in the thread. Here is my conspiracy theory guess:
Jessica ran you off a long time ago and has no idea you are making an arse of yourself on her behalf. The car has some sort of lien on it by the shop and it will never leave that shop, at least owned by you or anyone in your family. You started this whole thing to get people to feel sorry for her and offer you a way to get the car out, fix it and try to salvage some money out of it. You may not have said "give me some money," but that is your goal. Not quite a Nigerian scam, but a close cousin.
I can't wait for the next episode!!
914nola
QUOTE(zambezi @ Feb 13 2015, 05:48 PM) *

QUOTE(914nola @ Feb 13 2015, 05:55 AM) *

Okay since the PNW crowd will not bite on smoked salmon and beer, maybe Zambezi will help with my fuel pump for boiled crawfish and moonshine.

I don't make it down to N.O. to often but if you can get the car up here to my shop, I would be in for fixing you up. No moonshine for me though.

And I know you would even though we have never met. Which is kinda the point I was trying to make. No one here knows me but have helped in one way or another. I am a shop manager for a local dealership, 16 fully trained techicians, 2 master techs, 4 oil change techs, 4 porters, 3 service advisors, 29 lifts, 2 4 post lifts and one hell of a nice alignment machine. All at my disposal and I would never take my 914 there. Average age of the techs is 36. 7 have never worked on a car with a carburetor. I think this gentleman is missing something important about mechanic shops. They are revenue generating machines. They don't care about 43 year old cars, even a porsche dealership will not touch it. We don't care about your 40 year old car on a business level. I can make 3 times the money not killing a rack waiting weeks for parts.
We as enthusiasts help each other to keep them going. Strictly German is a business, take your headache somewhere else. Leave the toys to people who love them and can actually care for them.
SirAndy
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 14 2015, 12:34 PM) *

Well well, another internet tuff guy ... jerkit.gif

Tell you what, if we ever meet in person you can tell me to my face how you feel about the timeout from 914world i just gave you.

Signed, The Principal ...
cheer.gif
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 14 2015, 04:18 PM) *

Tell you what, if we ever meet in person you can tell me to my face how you feel about the timeout from 914world i just gave you.

cheer.gif

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif first.gif
rhodyguy
Ha!
914bub
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 14 2015, 01:18 PM) *

cheer.gif

Told ya so....... lol-2.gif
scotty b
I miss Veekry sad2.gif
Bulldog9
Can't wait till this chuckle head shows up with a new profile..... wacko.gif type.gif

Though if it were possible, I'd love to see a way in which he could log in, read, but NOT able to post or reply... happy11.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 14 2015, 01:48 PM) *

I miss Veekry sad2.gif

I think that was Veeks beerchug.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 14 2015, 01:18 PM) *

cheer.gif

Awww, it was so fun to make the little man dance. dry.gif
PanelBilly
I'm feeling left out because I haven't posted any sick remarks on this thread. Then again maybe I shouldn't make any smart ass remarks

bull shit
timothy_nd28
Not that I really care but, is this a George from AA time out or is he simply banned from the site?
6freak
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 08:55 PM) *

For the guy who mentioned in an earlier thread that I was a car guy, he was right. During that period of time from 2009 and 2010, it's true, I was attempting to fix the Porsche 914 on my own. If you do some research, you can read the questions I was posing about the Fuel Injection and other items. All this work was done in Highland Park where I was living alone.

What everybody didn't know, was while attempting to fix the 914, I was also working on my own personal project. A 1989 Alfa Romeo Milano.

I spent about a year creating a body kit for that car. I was experimenting with wood, insulation foam and plaster.

Unfortunately, before I was able to finish it, the owner of the home required that I move. I lost my work space and never was able to finish the body kit.

What I did finish was rough, but the image attached will give you a great example of a potentially hot body kit for the Alfa Romeo.

Here is the image:

barf.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Feb 14 2015, 03:06 PM) *
Not that I really care but, is this a George from AA time out or is he simply banned from the site?

Right now it's a "as long as i feel like it" timeout. That may or may not change in the future.
bye1.gif
Erben914
Don't block this guy yet! This thread has been keeping me entertained.
I'm dying to see how he answers the questions. popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(914_teener @ Feb 14 2015, 05:00 PM) *

I miss Veekry sad2.gif

How about Alfred? smile.gif
Now that was the original bat shit crazy. screwy.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Erben914 @ Feb 14 2015, 05:06 PM) *

Don't block this guy yet! This thread has been keeping me entertained.
I'm dying to see how he avoids answering the questions. popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

agree.gif hands.gif
914nola
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 14 2015, 05:12 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Feb 14 2015, 05:00 PM) *

I miss Veekry sad2.gif

How about Alfred? smile.gif
Now that was the original bat shit crazy. screwy.gif

Somebody throw up a bat shit crazy thread. Maybe a link for all us new guys that missed it.
oldschool
OK I just got a email from nick....he's not happy with the world blink.gif I tried to tell him
that I never heard of his story dating way back...But now I can see how it went south real fast. confused24.gif
914bub
QUOTE(oldschool @ Feb 14 2015, 07:03 PM) *

OK I just got a email from nick....he's not happy with the world blink.gif I tried to tell him
that I never heard of his story dating way back...But now I can see how it went south real fast. confused24.gif

Yea. It went south really quick. The whole insult people early on and try to make up later on was weird. The video of Leonardo was even spookier. then to try to gain our favor on page 13, really weird. I thought this was strange from the start and kinda funny. In the end it was sad, he needs friends, medicine and phycological help.
messix
dont feed the
SirAndy
QUOTE(oldschool @ Feb 14 2015, 07:03 PM) *
OK I just got a email from nick....

I guess he finally figured it out then. rolleyes.gif

I have some 20+ emails from him in my 914world folder where he was replying to notification emails from the forums thinking they were real emails from members.

Even after i explained to him the meaning of the word "notification" and pointed out that none of his emails ever went to the people he thought they were going to.

And then i have the ones he sent to me directly that clearly indicate a severe lack of medication on his end ...
screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.