Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cars & Coffee at Enderle Center
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Steve
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 26 2017, 05:01 PM) *

I heard there was an accident involving one very nice teener today? Hope nope. sad.gif

We were pretty bummed today with that news.
The owner is fine and that is what is most important.
SO.O.C914er
I'm always worried about a accident in my teener with a modern car. No air bags no modern bumper system and sitting so low to the ground as we do. Hope he is ok and the car is fixable welder.gif
Larmo63
Keith lost a wheel on the way to cars and coffee this morning. He is fine, but his car took some damage to the body. Not terminal, but quite a shame.

Keith is a great teener and we will all have to rally around him!
euro911
sad.gif
Keith914
Thanks for concerns expressed.
Damage is relatively light - driver side door bottom front corner and front fender and bumper all with slight dents caused by contact with curb when wheel fell off - forgot to torque wheel nuts sad.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Keith914 @ Aug 27 2017, 08:09 AM) *

Damage is relatively light - driver side door bottom front corner and front fender and bumper all with slight dents caused by contact with curb when wheel fell off - forgot to torque wheel nuts sad.gif

Thank God your okay sir Keith! And good that even you have that 6 cyl engine, your not driving that fast when it happened.
ValcoOscar

Keith

I have a guy who repairs and chromes my bumpers. He's a bit cranky and at times sucks at communication but always delivers nice work and is reasonably priced.

Glad you are ok...that was a concern when I heard what happened.

Take care

Oscar
Keith914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Aug 27 2017, 08:40 AM) *

Keith

I have a guy who repairs and chromes my bumpers. He's a bit cranky and at times sucks at communication but always delivers nice work and is reasonably priced.

Glad you are ok...that was a concern when I heard what happened.

Take care

Oscar

Thanks Oscar. I was given "Arts Place - Costa Mesa" - as one option by Jim Hoyland, and have left a message with him. I confess I do not relish poor communications from someone working on my "stuff", but an alternative is always smart. Please send his contact info.
Thanks Keith.
Beach914
Glad to hear that you are okay and that damage was limited. Had visions of the wheel
coming off on the freeway from the initial posts.
kahluver
Any of you heading to Cars and Coffee this long weekend? I haven't been there yet and was hoping there'd be some teeners there this weekend.
HIPPIEKILLER
I may yes!

Is there another event in parallel?

By the way Keith, let me know should you need another pair of hands to help out on your machine.
Steve
icon_bump.gif driving.gif coffee.gif
Keith914
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 1 2017, 05:54 AM) *

Yes but without car sad.gif . hopefully done in 2 weeks.
Steve
QUOTE(Keith914 @ Sep 1 2017, 07:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 1 2017, 05:54 AM) *

Yes but without car sad.gif . hopefully done in 2 weeks.

sad.gif bummer, you will have to fill us in on the details.
Steve
New to me car showed up.
Click to view attachment
Steve
Click to view attachment

Steve
Click to view attachment
sb914
Is that legal to drive with no windshield?
Steve
Click to view attachment
Steve
QUOTE(sb914 @ Sep 3 2017, 10:49 AM) *

Is that legal to drive with no windshield?

He only lived a mile away. He had dealer plates. There is also no working lights. Maybe the headlights..
euro911
His windshield is legal. Joe Sharp installed two modified (what I think were) motorcycle windshields on Carerror to make it street legal.
SO.O.C914er
Who is showing up tomorrow. driving.gif
Steve
Me!!
SO.O.C914er
Can always count on Steve. biggrin.gif Cool want to set up the drive from Ortega Hwy to Temecula next weekend. We should be able to get 6 cars don't ya think? driving.gif
Steve
Yep!! We were thinking of meeting at McDonald's on Ortega and I-5 at 6am
Steve
Didn't stay long.
Killer LS1 yellow 914 showed up.
Click to view attachment
Steve
Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 9 2017, 08:06 AM) *

Didn't stay long.
Click to view attachment

Is this the car that Doug's built that he sold that went to other state and went back to SoCal?
Steve
Don't know.
Here's a couple more pictures
Click to view attachment
Steve
Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Sorry Steve I didn't make it out. Grabbed the paper off the driveway at 6am and it looked like it was ready to rain in Mission Viejo. Catch you next Saturday driving.gif
Steve
Next Saturday is so cal fun day. So I will be heading to that event instead.
forrestkhaag
Me too... piratenanner.gif
Keith914
Me too.
SO.O.C914er
Right me to. So we are all meeting at McDonald's at 6am see you there. Forrest,Keith and Lawrence are you taking your cars?
euro911
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 9 2017, 09:37 AM) *
Didn't stay long.
Click to view attachment
Is this the car that Doug's built that he sold that went to other state and went back to SoCal?
I believe it is ... I spoke with a guy who owned it (at a G&R swap meet a year or so ago), but he didn't recognize Doug's name, so I'm guessing it changed hands at least twice since Doug owned it.

Just noticed, someone installed the radio antenna in the cowl screwy.gif

If only I could ever get up at 4am to make the drive down there ... driving.gif
Keith914
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Sep 10 2017, 02:30 PM) *

Right me to. So we are all meeting at McDonald's at 6am see you there. Forrest,Keith and Lawrence are you taking your cars?

Yes.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 10 2017, 02:38 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 9 2017, 09:37 AM) *
Didn't stay long.
Click to view attachment
I believe it is ... I spoke with a guy who owned it (at a G&R swap meet a year or so ago), but he didn't recognize Doug's name, so I'm guessing it changed hands at least twice since Doug owned it.

Just noticed, someone installed the radio antenna in the cowl screwy.gif

If only I could ever get up at 4am to make the drive down there ... driving.gif

here is Doug's thread of the car and I believed he used to be an article guy of a car magazine. He sold it to fund his new toy (small airplane).

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...193672&st=0
mittelmotor
Good to see my old car back in SoCal!! I sold it about three (?) years ago to a guy named Tony in Atlanta to help finance an Experimental aircraft project. Finished the plane (Vans RV-9A) and first flew it in Feb. 2016...almost 180 Hobbs hours now. Glad the car is out there and being enjoyed.

That cowl-mounted antenna is a little weird. It was that way when I bought it back in 2012.

euro911
Hey Doug ... glad to see you still check in here beerchug.gif
Steve
icon_bump.gif driving.gif coffee.gif silver914.jpg deadhorse.gif threesome.gif 134.gif
Beach914
I'm taking the 308 to Enderle in Tustin then heading to Great Park to see friend autoX. San Clemente too far for me.
Steve
We will have to do the PCA Porsche and pasties, I mean pastrys. On the 21st of October over there.
Larmo63
Tomorrow is my first real opportunity to go, but I have to work.....

Sounds like nobody is going?
Steve
Keith said he would be there.
914_7T3

Are any of you OC guys able to recommend a shop that can do a PPI on a 2002 Boxster not too far from Westminster? If so, just shoot me a PM. Thx.

Sorry for the hijacked.gif

Just thought you'd all be hanging out here on a Saturday.
SO.O.C914er
Anyone going tomorrow!! driving.gif
Steve
I will be there
HIPPIEKILLER
Me too.
euro911
Cars, Steve and Coffee poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.