Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official West Coast Rally 2016: May19th -22nd in Medford Oregon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 15 2016, 02:13 PM) *

I'll never understand why any 914 lover wouldn't show up to an event, just because their 914 isn't running. I've been to 15-20 events and brought a 914 to 3. Hell, my 914 broke down in Reno on the way to Moab and I left it there for the weekend and picked it up on the way back.

If you can come and you're not because of the condition of your 914, shame! laugh.gif

agree.gif

I won't have mine there this year, but I'm coming!!
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Jan 15 2016, 11:22 AM) *

Add another one from WA! Just booked my room as well. Excited to be attending my first. Managed to miss out on the rest for one reason or another.

For the Puget Sound guys- I plan on driving down Thursday morning. Interested in meeting up with the rest of you. Are we going to try to meet in a couple central locations(one for you North enders and one for us in Pierce and South/West of Seattle)? The SE corner of the Tacoma Mall parking lot might be a good rally point down here. Typically pretty open, and easy to see from I-5. Open to other ideas though.

Last time we had one meet-up point near the Tacoma Mall. Since most are coming from north of there, that would be the logical area again.
Rocky
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jan 15 2016, 06:35 PM) *

QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Jan 15 2016, 11:22 AM) *

Add another one from WA! Just booked my room as well. Excited to be attending my first. Managed to miss out on the rest for one reason or another.

For the Puget Sound guys- I plan on driving down Thursday morning. Interested in meeting up with the rest of you. Are we going to try to meet in a couple central locations(one for you North enders and one for us in Pierce and South/West of Seattle)? The SE corner of the Tacoma Mall parking lot might be a good rally point down here. Typically pretty open, and easy to see from I-5. Open to other ideas though.

Last time we had one meet-up point near the Tacoma Mall. Since most are coming from north of there, that would be the logical area again.

That's right Nate. May can't come soon enough, I'm sick of this weather! hissyfit.gif headbang.gif
Bossman
Bringing the RV and trailer. Booked a room also - just in case I get locked out after another midnight valve adjustment.

Blue6 - we'll circle the wagons!
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 15 2016, 02:13 PM) *

I'll never understand why any 914 lover wouldn't show up to an event, just because their 914 isn't running. I've been to 15-20 events and brought a 914 to 3. Hell, my 914 broke down in Reno on the way to Moab and I left it there for the weekend and picked it up on the way back.

If you can come and you're not because of the condition of your 914, shame! laugh.gif

agree.gif I have been to 6 events and have only been in my car once headbang.gif
Andyrew
^ That sounds very familiar....
914werke
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 6 2016, 08:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 4 2016, 08:46 AM) *

There's a back parking lot we've been told we can use, as well as having an RV out there for "security"

"Security" aktion035.gif Click to view attachment
Im curious about that dirt lot out back...DOUGHNUTS!!

Sounds like we have a few RV's with teeners in tow.
914werke
Whoops
strawman
I just made my reservation. Not sure if my Suby-powered 914 will be ready to tow up to Oregon, but I'll drive something German if it won't be ready...

Geoff
JRust
QUOTE(strawman @ Jan 17 2016, 05:50 PM) *

I just made my reservation. Not sure if my Suby-powered 914 will be ready to tow up to Oregon, but I'll drive something German if it won't be ready...

Geoff

Awesome Geoff! Be great if it can make it. Heck even if it isn't street legal. Bring it up for the track day evilgrin.gif
JRust
I know Ben has put out feelers for Prizes. Everyone be on the lookout & if you know of something outside our typical box of vendors. Let him know about it piratenanner.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jan 13 2016, 09:15 AM) *

You missed one, Your sons wedding was on the same weekend poke.gif

He was at that one. He was just there the week before everyone else.
Todd Enlund
I'm in. The 914 won't be finished, but I'm hoping to have a Cayman by then.
jeeperjohn56
Room is booked, I'll be bring my son for the first time. when is registration? will be towing up is there place to park trailer?
wes
Just booked my room!
JRust
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Jan 19 2016, 03:43 PM) *

Room is booked, I'll be bring my son for the first time. when is registration? will be towing up is there place to park trailer?

Yes I listed that in the first post. The host hotel would appreciate a heads up if your bringing one. Just to make sure we have plenty of space. So please touch base with them again so they can make a note on your reservation. It's going to be an awesome weekend.
ben*james
Still looking for someone to donate Jack Stands so we all feel at home lol-2.gif

Going to be a great weekend, can't wait!

driving.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(ben*james @ Jan 20 2016, 08:11 PM) *

Still looking for someone to donate Jack Stands so we all feel at home lol-2.gif

Going to be a great weekend, can't wait!

driving.gif

Someone should hit up Harbor Freight as a sponsor. God knows we all have a bunch of their stuff in our garages.
siverson
I think I might make the long drive up from San Diego (~800 miles).

And I might talk my brother into joining the fun in his 993. But... will the 993 be allowed to run on the track day? If so, it think we're both in!

-Steve
siverson
Bump... Are donor cars (i.e. 993s) allowed on the track day?

-Steve
forrestkhaag
I'm all in / Booked for the 19th thru Sunday am... / The staff of the Inn are awesome as hosts for the 914 clan. I took the little beast for a run to the desert and up the mountains and back today / no issues..... 256 miles non stop....... 35Degrees advance is working...

beerchug.gif
greenie
I just booked a room, just a short four months away! grouphug.gif sheeplove.gif beerchug.gif slap.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif
forrestkhaag
and a lot can happen to a 914 in four months...........
JRust
QUOTE(siverson @ Jan 21 2016, 03:52 PM) *

-Steve

Yeah it's fine. While we all get our times. We run this as a practice day. So this won't count towards anyone's season stuff. Just a day of fun at the track. By running it as a practice day we were able to take Instructor's (passengers) out as well. Made for a fun day for everyone. We still get to see who was fastest. We will still break into a few different classes too. Still looking for an experienced autoX guy t take the lead on how we run it. Britain took the reins last time but I haven't heard from him yet confused24.gif
Elliot Cannon

-Steve

This track could be a potential embarrassment for a 993. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 22 2016, 10:09 PM) *

-Steve

This track could be a potential embarrassment for a 993. biggrin.gif

Potential? blink.gif
JRust
Registration has been added to first page. Please go & fill it out sooner rather than later. We will need to pay ahead of time for the track & other odds & ends. Thanks
rhodyguy
Jamie, change "first thread" to 'the first page'.
JRust
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 26 2016, 08:27 AM) *

Jamie, change "first thread" to 'the first page'.

Yes sir. I done did it evilgrin.gif
StratPlayer
This thread should be high lighted..
rhodyguy
Agreed. In a color other than the build-off threads.
siverson
Just booked the hotel! See you all there!

Probably with the green 914-6, unless I get super motivated and can get my orange car together before then... We will see...

-Steve

jim_hoyland
Registered and booked...../
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 26 2016, 07:53 PM) *

Are you driving up?
McMark
I think I registered... blink.gif
rhodyguy
Job well done on the green highlight! Found at a glance. smilie_pokal.gif
ben*james
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 27 2016, 03:10 AM) *

Jamie - how about posting a list of those registered at some point? Give us a chance to double check as well as see who needs seem encouragement poke.gif shades.gif

jsaum
Registered and fee sent to paypal.
JRust
QUOTE(ben*james @ Jan 27 2016, 07:20 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 27 2016, 03:10 AM) *

Jamie - how about posting a list of those registered at some point? Give us a chance to double check as well as see who needs seem encouragement poke.gif shades.gif

Their names are listed on first page. If your name is in blue you have registered & Paid. I change them as they come in poke.gif WTF.gif lol-2.gif
To be clear your name changes to blue once you have paid. There are those that have registered but haven't paid yet. Which is fine. Just I'm not changing your name to blue until both are done biggrin.gif .

Also Jim is doing our name tags again this year. The car photo in a jpeg format needs to be sent to medfordwcr2016@gmail.com . This will get your car on your nametag. I'll add this to first page also
914werke
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 6 2016, 12:05 PM) *

I will offer my place wednesday night as a place to crash. Those coming down from WA who want to leave Wednesday. You are welcome to stop over at my place in Corvallis. I am 10min from I5. I will be heading down first thing thursday morning. We can make a nice big caravan down

So Jamie can your place accommodate the RV & (914) toad ? beerchug.gif
JRust
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 27 2016, 11:07 AM) *

So Jamie can your place accommodate the RV & (914) toad ? beerchug.gif

You bet. Had you slotted for parking lot security happy11.gif . So your motorhome & 914 are more than welcome
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 26 2016, 09:17 PM) *

Are you driving up?

Two other local teeners are talking about caravanning up; that could work for me. Car has been running like a top. Would be my longest trip in it..... smile.gif
siverson
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 27 2016, 03:01 PM) *

Are you driving up?

Two other local teeners are talking about caravanning up; that could work for me. Car has been running like a top. Would be my longest trip in it..... smile.gif

I'll be driving up from San Diego on Wednesday... (I think I'll make it a two day trip up.)

-Steve
JRust
I've had one person mention the link didn't work for registration. It's just in google drive. Has anyone else had a problem with it?
rhodyguy
I completed and submitted the reg but am not yet on the attendees list. unsure.gif NO PAYPAL on my end. I'll need that address.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(siverson @ Jan 27 2016, 04:58 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 27 2016, 03:01 PM) *

Are you driving up?

I'll be driving up from San Diego on Wednesday... (I think I'll make it a two day trip up.)

-Steve

How far are you during Wednesday ?
Andyrew
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 28 2016, 03:33 PM) *

I've had one person mention the link didn't work for registration. It's just in google drive. Has anyone else had a problem with it?

Worked for me!
wes
Worked fine for me.
siverson
> How far are you during Wednesday ?

No specific plans yet - I suppose until I'm tired or break down. smile.gif My brother should also be in his 993.

It is a 13 hour drive from San Diego. So maybe 7-8 hours on Wednesday, then 5-6 hours on Thursday to arrive in the afternoon before the 6pm BBQ.

-Steve
JRust
Okay everyone as part of your registration. Don't forget to send a picture of your 914 to medfordwcr2016@gmail.com . Your picture will go on your name tag. At least one person read this & took my warning to heart. This came in his email with the pics of his 914 smile.gif

"Please, please don't put an X19 on my name tag!! I had one when I was 18. 25 years later, I've still got nightmares... " lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.