Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official West Coast Rally 2016: May19th -22nd in Medford Oregon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Rocky
Just registered for myself. Waiting for the wife to get the time off work before I send the other $25.

Either way, I'm in! beerchug.gif

Thanks for doing this again Jamie, it was a blast last time!
JRust
QUOTE(Rocky @ Apr 2 2016, 10:03 AM) *

Just registered for myself. Waiting for the wife to get the time off work before I send the other $25.

Either way, I'm in! beerchug.gif

Thanks for doing this again Jamie, it was a blast last time!

We've got a great group of people helping.
Mark Whitesell as always (found our host hotel & got our group rates),
Warpig(Mike) is in charge of shirts (which I hope we have something soon),
Ben James is our Prize guru,
Drew Montoya is bringing his BBQ trailer & his cooking skills evilgrin.gif ,
Relentless (Ken) has taken charge of our saturday drive with input from Renee & Steve,
Jim Hoyland is doing our lanyard name tags (if you haven't sent in a picture of your car please do it) email is medfordwcr2016@gmail.com for the car pics. Include your name please
Dan Dixon is doing our WCR Dog Tag's again this year
I'm setting up the track & trying to keep everything organized. As it get's closer I am stressing a bit. Our numbers looks fantastic so just getting the logistics of it all so it goes smoothly. Our awards dinner is going to be a bit tricky. With anywhere from 60-80 people possible. Finding someone that can house & feed us. I am looking into possibilities.
cary
Jamie, I'm still planning on coming. But I've haven't got a new job yet so I'm kind of in limbo. The 3 things I'm working on right now wouldn't be a problem. But if those 3 don't amount to anything ???

Current plan is to come down Thursday afternoon. Stay and play with AX folks on Friday. Enjoy the Friday night festivities. Then pack up Saturday AM and head to my middle sons U of O Law School graduation in Eugene Saturday afternoon.
JRust
QUOTE(cary @ Apr 3 2016, 08:55 AM) *

Jamie, I'm still planning on coming. But I've haven't got a new job yet so I'm kind of in limbo. The 3 things I'm working on right now wouldn't be a problem. But if those 3 don't amount to anything ???

Current plan is to come down Thursday afternoon. Stay and play with AX folks on Friday. Enjoy the Friday night festivities. Then pack up Saturday AM and head to my middle sons U of O Law School graduation in Eugene Saturday afternoon.

Hey Cary we will be happy to have you there for whatever you can make. It is going to be a great time. This is looking like such a great turnout. Coming fast now too at only
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif 47 days cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
relentless
Jamie,

Is it too soon to get a tally on who all plans on going on the Saturday cruise? I have this idea that if there are two dozen cars we might break things down into two groups and have a meet-up for photo ops. This would allow us to have some stops on the way that couldn't handle all the cars at once.

Thoughts?

I'm going to do a dry run up to Crater Lake on the proposed route soon to check out road conditions. It has finally dried out a bit here in Southern Oregon and I will share some pix with the group.

JRust
QUOTE(relentless @ Apr 3 2016, 06:18 PM) *

Jamie,

Is it too soon to get a tally on who all plans on going on the Saturday cruise? I have this idea that if there are two dozen cars we might break things down into two groups and have a meet-up for photo ops. This would allow us to have some stops on the way that couldn't handle all the cars at once.

Thoughts?

I'm going to do a dry run up to Crater Lake on the proposed route soon to check out road conditions. It has finally dried out a bit here in Southern Oregon and I will share some pix with the group.

I want to make a run down on a saturday. Be great to do the proposed run with you. I would say our drive we need to plan on having 30+ cars. There are usually some who don't do the drive. I think we will be pushing 40+ cars at WCR. Not all 914's but mostly. I'll shoot you a PM & we can figure a saturday to meet up
relentless
Sounds like a plan. Renee and Steve, are you in for a scouting trip? We might need you as group leaders.
relentless
Sounds like a plan. Renee and Steve, are you in for a scouting trip? We might need you as group leaders.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(relentless @ Apr 4 2016, 09:54 AM) *

Sure. cheer.gif
JRust
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Apr 4 2016, 09:58 AM) *

QUOTE(relentless @ Apr 4 2016, 09:54 AM) *

Sure. cheer.gif

What's this Saturday look like for you all? My day is open at this point. I will have a good 7 hours round trip of driving. So may need to be a little judicious on whether we do the whole drive. Be good to see our possible stops for lunch.
relentless
Some how I just knew you would suggest this coming weekend. At this time I have a commitment on Saturday. If I can get this appt moved I will let you know.

I haven't heard from Renee or Steve, although I think Steve is hiding from the Spam outlaws.
JRust
QUOTE(relentless @ Apr 4 2016, 12:41 PM) *

Some how I just knew you would suggest this coming weekend. At this time I have a commitment on Saturday. If I can get this appt moved I will let you know.

I haven't heard from Renee or Steve, although I think Steve is hiding from the Spam outlaws.

We can do another Saturday no problem.
relentless
We might want to wait until the road conditions up there improve as some are still closed.

https://www.nps.gov/crla/planyourvisit/curr...-conditions.htm
aircooledtechguy
Registered, paid & photo-bombed. See you all there.
JRust
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Apr 5 2016, 09:42 AM) *

I am excited to finally see Squarsche in person Nate! Be great to see you tearing around the track too driving.gif
Elliot Cannon
I couldn't get to the water because of all the snow around the lake last time. Swimming in Crater Lake is on my "bucket list". Who's with me?
PanelBilly
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 5 2016, 08:52 PM) *

I couldn't get to the water because of all the snow around the lake last time. Swimming in Crater Lake is on my "bucket list". Who's with me?

You're tempting me, but there better not be any cameras around
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 5 2016, 08:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 5 2016, 08:52 PM) *

You're tempting me, but there better not be any cameras around

One word. . .

Shrinkage!! lol-2.gif
914werke
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 5 2016, 08:47 PM) *

I am excited to finally see Squarsche in person Nate! Be great to see you tearing around the track too driving.gif

Dont encourage him, as much as I am interested in the morphification of the lowly squareback into firebreathing parts chaser, Nate HAS a running 914 and a full equipped functioning repair shop.....
Stop your sandbagging Nate if your concerned about Greenie whooping yer ass on the autox course replace the tired 1.8L out of copperhead with the orig. 2056 you pulled out of the Squarish and come play with the rest of the crew. smile.gif
Hell you have a month laugh.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Apr 6 2016, 02:07 PM) *

Dont encourage him, as much as I am interested in the morphification of the lowly squareback into firebreathing parts chaser, Nate HAS a running 914 and a full equipped functioning repair shop.....
Stop your sandbagging Nate if your concerned about Greenie whooping yer ass on the autox course replace the tired 1.8L out of copperhead with the orig. 2056 you pulled out of the Squarish and come play with the rest of the crew. smile.gif

No no. Bring them both. I want to see the "Squarsche". Especially on the autoX track. biggrin.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 6 2016, 03:44 PM) *

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Apr 6 2016, 02:07 PM) *

No no. Bring them both. I want to see the "Squarsche". Especially on the autoX track. biggrin.gif

As much as I'd like to bring two cars, I really can't do that. The Squarsche is actually more fun to drive than the 914 at this point and I'm considering selling the 914 since I really don't drive it much. It needs a few little things here and there and even tough I have a repair shop, I just don't have the time to dedicate towards it between now and WCR.

Greenie who?? poke.gif
JRust
Hey I am coming down to Medford next saturday. Going to check multiple things around town. I'll actually be down friday about 4. The group we are doing the autoX through have one next weekend. Going to their open practice track night piratenanner.gif . So I will report back on the condition of the track. Not sure if I will bother bringing my track wheels & tires down for this one.

Saturday hopefully I can meet up with Ken, Steve & Reneev driving.gif
hndyhrr
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 8 2016, 07:52 PM) *

Hey I am coming down to Medford next saturday. Going to check multiple things around town. I'll actually be down friday about 4. The group we are doing the autoX through have one next weekend. Going to their open practice track night piratenanner.gif . So I will report back on the condition of the track. Not sure if I will bother bringing my track wheels & tires down for this one.

Saturday hopefully I can meet up with Ken, Steve & Reneev driving.gif

Sounds like a plan
relentless
Sounds good. I will probably ride the bike though (car is up on blocks).
JRust
I will be down Friday night. Meeting the guys at the track at 4. Followed by some track time driving.gif . I've got a reservation to stay at the host hotel & meet the manager. Then Saturday morning meet Ken, Renee & hopefully Steve at 9. We will be going on the Saturday drive route. Couple other stops I need to make while I am there. Still need to find the place that can host our awards dinner Saturday night at WCR. Open to ideas down there & will have a list of a few when I come. See you soon biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
Jamie, when we went to port ludlow in 08' the bbq concept worked pretty well. Nothing fancy just good eats. There is a large bbq trailer coming to the event yes? Costco run if there's one in Medford? Unless we can take over an entire resturant for an hour and 1/2 it will be a stretch.
Mike Bellis
I'll be at the hotel on Tuesday May 17th. Anyone there early stop by.
JRust
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 11 2016, 03:03 PM) *

Jamie, when we went to port ludlow in 08' the bbq concept worked pretty well. Nothing fancy just good eats. There is a large bbq trailer coming to the event yes? Costco run if there's one in Medford? Unless we can take over an entire resturant for an hour and 1/2 it will be a stretch.

Yeah but we will be having a BBQ already. Really don't want to do that multiple nights. Working on a few things but hinges somewhat on the weather. Little easier to pull off a parking lot deal if it's nice out. Could still do a catered deal then.
relentless
In n Out Burger isn't far away!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(relentless @ Apr 12 2016, 01:04 PM) *

In n Out Burger isn't far away!

Crazy as it sounds, not a bad idea... dry.gif
rhodyguy
I wonder if that store has one of the big catering rigs? When we were at paramount ranch in 05' the I&O idea worked out very well.
JRust
icon_bump.gif for new guys texting me about where to register. Go to the first page of this thread biggrin.gif . I also have a new 914 owner meeting me at the track there this friday. The group we are getting the track through put this guy in touch with me. Not sure if he is on the world yet but I'll get him here soon. He plans to come & is excited to have a group to be a part of. Let alone having such an event in his home town.

I will post some pics from the track this friday. Maybe even get a little video from a run. Woohoo this is going to be a blast
ben*james
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 13 2016, 07:14 PM) *

icon_bump.gif for new guys texting me about where to register. Go to the first page of this thread biggrin.gif . I also have a new 914 owner meeting me at the track there this friday. The group we are getting the track through put this guy in touch with me. Not sure if he is on the world yet but I'll get him here soon. He plans to come & is excited to have a group to be a part of. Let alone having such an event in his home town.

I will post some pics from the track this friday. Maybe even get a little video from a run. Woohoo this is going to be a blast

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Matty900

icon_bump.gif for new guys texting me about where to register. Go to the first page of this thread biggrin.gif .

Officially registered new guy here. Now I just have to get my cars back together again. The 72 barn find should be back from paint buy the end of next week. The 73 widebody needs lots of help.
Good news is the Bahia Red Ale is brewed and in the bottles. Just need to make labels for them. beerchug.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Apr 14 2016, 07:52 AM) *

Officially registered new guy here. Now I just have to get my cars back together again. The 72 barn find should be back from paint buy the end of next week. The 73 widebody needs lots of help.
Good news is the Bahia Red Ale is brewed and in the bottles. Just need to make labels for them. beerchug.gif

Uh oh! Your brewing & bringing beer to the event? Man you won't fit in here at all lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

On a different note. Is anyone coming who is big into photography? We always have plenty of pictures. Just wondering if anyone wanted to volunteer to be the official photographer for the weekend? No pressure or anything. There are always plenty of pictures taken. Someone mentioned it & I figured to throw it out there. Just in case someone wanted to do it confused24.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 14 2016, 08:57 AM) *

QUOTE(Matty900 @ Apr 14 2016, 07:52 AM) *

Uh oh! Your brewing & bringing beer to the event? Man you won't fit in here at all lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

On a different note. Is anyone coming who is big into photography? We always have plenty of pictures. Just wondering if anyone wanted to volunteer to be the official photographer for the weekend? No pressure or anything. There are always plenty of pictures taken. Someone mentioned it & I figured to throw it out there. Just in case someone wanted to do it confused24.gif

I volunteer RoadGlue to be the official photographer. C'mon Randy, now you have to come. I'm calling you out... first.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 14 2016, 05:08 PM) *

I volunteer RoadGlue to be the official photographer. C'mon Randy, now you have to come. I'm calling you out... first.gif

That was who first came to mind for me too evilgrin.gif . Calling Randy cheer.gif
dan10101

I plan on being there this Sat. It sounds like you are only going on Friday evening. If there is any way I'll try to be there on Friday evening as well. So if you see a red 944, it's probably me. It will be my first go round at this track.
JRust
QUOTE(dan10101 @ Apr 14 2016, 10:26 PM) *

I plan on being there this Sat. It sounds like you are only going on Friday evening. If there is any way I'll try to be there on Friday evening as well. So if you see a red 944, it's probably me. It will be my first go round at this track.

We'll be meeting saturday morning at the rogue regency at 9am. We plan to take at least part of the drive we will do at WCR. I should be at the track tomorrow (friday) from 4pm until 7 or so. My cell is 5four1 5one0 00eight6 smile.gif
JRust
I'm hitting the road to Medford in an Hour! Some track time heading my way soon driving.gif . I Love this track & can't wait to get on it for some fun. I'm flat towing down & taking my track wheels w/RH1's on them. Be my first time using them so planning to do a run with my street tires. Then change them to see how big a difference they make. Going to be a blast
JRust
Okay I seriously love this track! Everyone is gong to just love the track day aktion035.gif
dan10101
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 15 2016, 08:01 PM) *

Okay I seriously love this track! Everyone is gong to just love the track day aktion035.gif

I can attest, it's a great track.

IPB Image
JRust
QUOTE(dan10101 @ Apr 15 2016, 08:32 PM) *

I can attest, it's a great track.
IPB Image

I like your picture better. My uncle I brought along is fired. LOL! Nah he did get some video that was good. Meant to get an video from in the car for a run. Completely spaced it. That was my first time with RH1 slicks instead of just street tires. Man what a difference in grip. I had a great time & the weather was gorgeous. 70 & blue skies the whole time. I got a good 20 minutes of track time tonight & hung out for 2+ hours. My uncle did an equal amount of runs in my car. I think I'll be coming down & joining these guys a few times a year. Met Dan, Don & his wife (already forgot your name sorry), Steve & another guy with a 914 (rupert I think). Although he was running some sweet little home made car. He & his son Co-drive it. The group is excited to have us come. They have half a dozen people from there club who volunteered to come help for the day. We have the track until 4. We will have timed runs but will be able to take a passenger (with a helmet). Also anyone who didn't get enough runs. You can stay & do there practice that night. It's only $10 for that. You get to run the track anyway you want. Only one person out at a time. Usually at least 3 lap runs. There was maybe a dozen cars there tonight. Only about 4 at a time who were in the pits ready to go
dan10101

Here is the exterior video of the green arrow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tlog8cbw4...eature=youtu.be

For those that can use them. I have a set of R tires on 7 inch rims. 225x50x16 and 245x45x16. Probably won't fit under stock fenders and the tires are really old, but lots of life left. Maybe someone might be able to use them.

I have to do some fender massaging to make my new toyo's fit, but they stick pretty good.

Dan
ben*james
QUOTE(dan10101 @ Apr 15 2016, 10:51 PM) *

Here is the exterior video of the green arrow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tlog8cbw4...eature=youtu.be

For those that can use them. I have a set of R tires on 7 inch rims. 225x50x16 and 245x45x16. Probably won't fit under stock fenders and the tires are really old, but lots of life left. Maybe someone might be able to use them.

I have to do some fender massaging to make my new toyo's fit, but they stick pretty good.

Dan

driving-girl.gif piratenanner.gif

Awesome!
strawman
I already registered and reserved a hotel room, but unfortunately cannot make it to WCR this year. Anyone need a room? PM if you're interested.
Geoff
relentless
Saturday I took the wife's car down to the Rogue Regency Inn and met up with Steve, Renee, Jamie, and his uncle. We are planning the WCR Road Trip for this year.

Since we have been leaning toward a road trip to Crater Lake, Jamie and his uncle accompanied me on a trip there to get an idea of road conditions, places to stop, etc.

Heading out of Medford on Rt 62 we ran into a dozen or so Porsche's convoying along! I handed Jamie my camera for some pics and ended up with a short video. The road is clear all the way up except there is a lot of snow on the side of the road at higher elevation.

It's about 65 miles to Crater Lake via 62 and there are a couple great sites on the way to get group pictures. We are still deciding whether Crater Lake is the best option for a road trip and I have been suggesting we loop back to Medford via 140 over Lake of the Woods. That would be 80 miles back.

I would appreciate any feedback as to how many of you want to go and if a 150 mile trip is reasonable.
Mike Bellis
Found 110 octane fuel 6.9 miles from the hotel! piratenanner.gif
driving.gif

Click to view attachment
JRust
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 17 2016, 02:00 PM) *

Found 110 octane fuel 6.9 miles from the hotel! piratenanner.gif
driving.gif

Click to view attachment

That just happens to be closer to the track too wink.gif I think within a mile which would make sense. There is a drag race track next door.

Thanks to Ken for taking us up. I think Crater lake will be an option but I don't think we will make that an official stop on Saturday. Super crowded & we really can't get our cars in a picture with the Crater Lake in the background. The burms are to high there. Hwy 62 leading up is a nice drive. The Stewart State park had plenty of space & had a good view. I think that will be our photo op stop. The Lake of the woods was awesome & where we had our stop last time for lunch. I did talk with them & they are happy to have us come by again. We'll talk some more Ken smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.