Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official West Coast Rally 2016: May19th -22nd in Medford Oregon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
rhodyguy
see my caravanning thread. does that work for the oregonians?
JRust
I plan to leave my place at 9:14am Thursday. I want to be in Medford by 1 at the latest. I've got plenty to do before I open registration at 4. Registration is pretty lax so I am not to worried there. Just need to check with our caterer for Friday's meal (dinner), Costco for the AutoX pizza order (lunch), plus check out the Mexican place for our awards dinner Saturday night. That may change as there seating is a little more limited than I was led to believe. So I've got some checking to do there dry.gif
Oh yeah plus I need to buy all the food for Thursday nights BBQ piratenanner.gif (calling Drew for help there smile.gif )
rhodyguy
Curt's plan is to roll in around 4-5. 3 1/3 hours from Wilsonville to Medford?
cary
Is this there an air compressor at the track?
Started to put together a list of things to take. Air tank takes up a lot of space.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(JRust @ May 12 2016, 08:57 AM) *

I plan to leave my place at 9:14am Thursday. I want to be in Medford by 1 at the latest. I've got plenty to do before I open registration at 4. Registration is pretty lax so I am not to worried there. Just need to check with our caterer for Friday's meal (dinner), Costco for the AutoX pizza order (lunch), plus check out the Mexican place for our awards dinner Saturday night. That may change as there seating is a little more limited than I was led to believe. So I've got some checking to do there dry.gif
Oh yeah plus I need to buy all the food for Thursday nights BBQ piratenanner.gif (calling Drew for help there smile.gif )

I'm rolling from Paso Robles on Wednesday @ 6 a.m., hopefully getting to Medford by 4 p.m. That's with a few stops along the way (I have to stop in Gilroy at Garlic World to get some Garlic for my kids dry.gif ). Then when I get to Medford, waiting for the BBQ grill to be delivered (gotta find some Oak or Almond wood to cook with, Pine will be fine for keeping warm or smores!)

Renee (hndyhrr), can you find some Oak or Almond wood there instead of me bringing it from Central coast, California? Just need about a 1/4 or 1/2 cord. I will pay you for it. Let me know please, PM me.

Click to view attachment
warpig
Why isnt this thread posted under the upcoming events heading? blink.gif confused24.gif
relentless
Montoya, I have some apple wood I can bring Thursday. It won't be a quarter cord but it will add good BBQ flavor!
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(relentless @ May 12 2016, 06:15 PM) *

Montoya, I have some apple wood I can bring Thursday. It won't be a quarter cord but it will add good BBQ flavor!

thumb3d.gif apple wood is good for grilling or smoking! piratenanner.gif
relentless
After a lot of hard work, I was able to get the Boyds with 205/55/16 tires on my narrow body '76 with no fender pulling! I had to play around with trailing arm shims and the gap on the pass. rear is pretty tight, but I took it for a spin today and there was no rubbing. I also bedded the new brake shoes on the car but I can tell I still have some air to bleed. The Swepco 201 tranny oil has it shifting butter smooth.

WCR 2016, here we come!

I would post a picture of the car but for the umpteenth time I got a 500 Internal Server Error. WTF.gif

Let's try Photobucket:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Let's see some pix of the cars you are bringing! And I don't mean Toyota trux and Beemers!!
ben*james
QUOTE(JRust @ May 12 2016, 08:57 AM) *

9:14 exactly? I like it. piratenanner.gif
strawman
Jealous! Paid up but can't join my 914 brethren this year. Have fun folks! I truly hope my car will be ready for next year.
Larmo63
QUOTE(JRust @ May 10 2016, 10:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 10 2016, 08:34 PM) *

I'm coming in my Toyota Truck while I build my six. I hope to befriend someone who will give me a ride in their six or Suby.

I'll let you take my suby for a spin at the track! Glad your still coming bud

I'll bring a helmet. I'm so psyched!!!!! beerchug.gif
dan10101
QUOTE(cary @ May 12 2016, 11:13 AM) *

Started to put together a list of things to take. Air tank takes up a lot of space.

I'll have my 12v compressor and another battery jump box w/compressor. neither are great, but they'll do.
JRust
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif 6 days people aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
6freak
QUOTE(dan10101 @ May 13 2016, 07:43 AM) *

I'll have my 12v compressor and another battery jump box w/compressor. neither are great, but they'll do.

i can put the 110 volt compressor in the trailer but will need a power ... i dont have a portable geni

MikeC
6freak
QUOTE(6freak @ May 13 2016, 11:05 AM) *

QUOTE(dan10101 @ May 13 2016, 07:43 AM) *

i can put the 110 volt compressor in the trailer but will need a power ... i dont have a portable geni

MikeC

I do now...garage on wheels aktion035.gif
JRust
I added another thread for some extra AutoX options over the weekend. So look for it if you are interested in more track time separate from WCR smile.gif
Eddie914
Have a cold one for me!

... or two or three!

Sorry I could not make the event this year ... it's been too busy these last two years.

Cheers,

Eddie
montoya 73 2.0
the forecast weather;

Click to view attachment
JRust
Yeah Drew I know. Don't anyone worry about the weather. It never rains at WCR evilgrin.gif

On the off chance that I am wrong. I will have plenty of coverage outside so we can stay dry. As well as some parking lot heaters to keep us warm on those later nights in the parking lot. We will have a great time no matter what
hndyhrr
check it again it changes like every hour
rhodyguy
Everything will be fine. That is if Curt hooks up the heat exchangers.
ConeDodger
Bay Area guys: I will be in the Bay Area until Monday evening and then driving home. If you need anything hauled up to Medford, PM me. I will be towing from Reno and there will not be much in the back of my truck. driving.gif
Bossman
Getting it all back together, but now I'm missing a lug bolt. Anyone have an extra (or decent set) that they're willing to part with and bring to WCR? I might want to have all four for track day...
JRust
I can bring a few just to be safe. Happy to give you one there
Bossman
Right in - thanks Jamie!
Rand
Still not in stone, but I'm thinking my friend Larry and I will make a fast road trip in the Cayenne to catch part of WCR, at least Friday at the track. I'll bring my drone and get some aerial shots if it's not raining. Thanks for your work on this event!
jim_hoyland
Anyone gonna be in Medford around 2:00 pm Thursday ? I'd like to arrange a lift from the airport to our hotel; I only have 1 bag. I'll buy lunch ... smile.gif
JRust
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 15 2016, 06:41 AM) *

Anyone gonna be in Medford around 2:00 pm Thursday ? I'd like to arrange a lift from the airport to our hotel; I only have 1 bag. I'll buy lunch ... smile.gif

I'll be there Jim! Give me a call when you land. If I don't run over I'll get someone there to come. I'll be out shopping for the BBQ most likely. Either way we will get you biggrin.gif

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif 4 days people aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(JRust @ May 15 2016, 08:07 AM) *

I'll be there Jim! Give me a call when you land. If I don't run over I'll get someone there to come. I'll be out shopping for the BBQ most likely. Either way we will get you biggrin.gif

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif 4 days people aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif

Thanks ! smile.gif PM sent
JRust
For everyone coming here is my cell 5four1 5one0 00eight6 Jamie (JRust). IF you run into any trouble in route. I have everyone's info. We can try to get you some help with a simple call biggrin.gif . I guarantee a fun weekend no matter what the weather turns out to be. At the hotel I will have some tent coverage out back by our cars. There is a good area of grass right by our parking lot. So we will have the Canopies setup out there. As well as some more portable ones at the track. Please everyone bring a folding camp chair of some kind. I will have some extra's there too. We have quite a crowd so always nice to make sure we have enough to go around
PanelBilly
I'm taking a ride to visit Nate (aircooledguy) tomorrow to put some miles on the car and get the valves adjusted and hopefully fix some of my oil leaks. It's a 180 mile round trip, so this will be a test for the car and the driver.
PanelBilly
Is there a place to set up some canopy tents at the track so we can have a spot out of the rain? My son-in-law has one I can borrow.
JRust
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 15 2016, 08:56 AM) *

Is there a place to set up some canopy tents at the track so we can have a spot out of the rain? My son-in-law has one I can borrow.

I have 2 10x10's. I believe Lawrence is bringing one. I have some larger ones but they will be setup at the hotel & aren't super easy to setup/pull down. So they will stay there for the weekend. The more the merrier so if you have one & have the space. Please bring it along biggrin.gif
dan10101
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 15 2016, 08:56 AM) *

Yes, they do have room. Tents are good.. smile.gif
Dan
rhodyguy
For you guys that run without wipers, remember to carry a driver's side assembly. At a minimum.
Elliot Cannon
It looks like I won't make it to WCR this year. sad.gif I just canceled my room reservation, so if someone wants a room, jump on it now. I'm hoping I'm a little more motivated my the time RRC comes around. smile.gif
Mike Bellis

Jim, I'm arriving Tuesday, picking my wife up at the Airport Wednesday and available as a taxi Thursday... smile.gif

PM me your info if you need a ride.
rhodyguy
Are you spending wed night in p-land or driving back south?
Mike Bellis
I have jim's taxi ride covered. Plan in place... cheer.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 15 2016, 03:51 PM) *

I think you also volunteered to help me assemble a couple canopies evilgrin.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(JRust @ May 15 2016, 04:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 15 2016, 03:51 PM) *

I think you also volunteered to help me assemble a couple canopies evilgrin.gif

In between shifts of my Uber airport route. driving.gif
JRust
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif 3 days people piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(JRust @ May 16 2016, 06:27 AM) *

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif 3 days people piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

I'll be there tomorrow, starting early... poke.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 16 2016, 07:10 AM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ May 16 2016, 06:27 AM) *

I'll be there tomorrow, starting early... poke.gif

I wish I could be. I've got a damn work deal in Portland Wednesday. Really convenient dry.gif . I will head down as soon as I can Thursday. Want to get everything loaded Wednesday night. Then I can just head out first thing. Between tables & all the extra stuff. I will have a very loaded truck bed. I'm going to forgo bringing my track wheels. With the possibility of rain that day. My street tires are probably a better fit anyway. Plus it give's me more space.

Don't forget to bring a folding camp chair people shades.gif
wes
Have room in my truck if anyone needs something brought to the hotel I'm leaving Ukiah Ca.Tuesday morning trailering my car taking Hwy 20 to I 5 with a stop at Redding probably overnight and up to Medford Wednesday.
Mike Bellis
Ok, we need an official picture uploader...

Ready to go, almost...

Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
See you Wednesday evening Mike. I will update the "official uploader" when I'm there!

I'm going to be in and out of the event. Not going to be at the track or any of the drives, I'm going to Klamath Falls to see my kids (my oldest daughter turned 26 on Saturday). I will be at the evening festivities though.
wes
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 16 2016, 10:29 AM) *

Ok, we need an official picture uploader...

Ready to go, almost...

Click to view attachment

Mike your car looks like it shrunk!
6freak
if you have never been through an AX tech inspection and plan on AX or track time you might wanna look it up and see what it all consist of...most is a no brainer but something might catch you by surprize and wouldnt that stink if you couldnt participate because you have bunge`s on your battery or a missing lug nut or an out of spec skid lid

MikeC..... get in sit down shut up and hang on driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.