Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restoration Part Next!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Eric_Shea
Thanks for the plug-a-roo smilie_pokal.gif

When do we go for a ride? I've always wondered what a teener felt like the day you drive it off the lot. 30 some years later and you'll accomplish that. Should be fun.
william harris
Eric Shea- I'll pick you up on the way to WCC 03 (2006). beerchug.gif Pictures of install hopefully this weekend. mueba.gif
Gint
QUOTE (william harris @ Jun 17 2005, 02:46 PM)
Thanks guys, I had a vision in mind. This will probably make some guys flinch - I wanted a better than factory fresh restoration and then I want to flog and drive the wheels off the car. Yeah, that's right, rain, crud, bugs, what have you - I would like to put 200,000 miles on this car before I pass it on to the next generation. biggrin.gif driving.gif burnout.gif

That's my plan as well. GO!
Doug Leggins
QUOTE (william harris @ Jun 17 2005, 02:46 PM)
Thanks guys, I had a vision in mind. This will probably make some guys flinch - I wanted a better than factory fresh restoration and then I want to flog and drive the wheels off the car. Yeah, that's right, rain, crud, bugs, what have you - I would like to put 200,000 miles on this car before I pass it on to the next generation.    

That's my plan as well. GO!

That is was is was is ... my plan too. It is getting harder to stick with "is" laugh.gif

Go Men Go! beerchug.gif
kenpolives
Great work so far Mr H, sometime I need to drive over there and get Eric and your help installing the windshield/targa seal. Last time mine ripped and you know how expensive they are. Did eric get you your seal?

I also got my car back from CFR welding a while ago. He does do great work.

Don
william harris
Hell yeah, Eric is partsman. I give Eric all the credit, he just knows how to put the damn thing in, that and the lithium grease. lol2.gif Glad to hear Chris fixed another one - and Racer Chris does outstanding work!!! Eric and I volunteer to put your next seal in - notice I'm volunteering Eric, I'm just the helper. laugh.gif
rhodyguy
refreshX4, 30 minutes, and nothing but red x filled boxes sad.gif . i'm sure it looks swell william. if you haven't got to it, 3M double sided scotch tape works very well for securing the vapor barriers to the doors.

k
william harris
OK, here are those door gap pictures I promised.
william harris
Next. Guess what I found when I went to put the door panels on? On the drivers side the arm rest/storage box is held in place up top by two bolts/phillips head that go into two "captive nuts" housed in the door. I noticed when I took the arm rest off a couple of years ago there was no bolt in the front hole. You know why? The captive nut is not in the door. Gotta get one. lol2.gif
william harris
Last one for now. Gotta go make some new door vapor barriers. Using the one olds for a pattern, but they are pretty torn up. Will post some pictures of the door panels in a little while. driving.gif
william harris
Here are the door panels back in place. The original door panels. ohmy.gif
william harris
Glue the backing for the back panel back in place and slapped the back panel in the hold it in place for the adhesive to set up. laugh.gif
william harris
Passenger door. This panel was really nice. rolleyes.gif
william harris
Hard to believe this is all the original stuff. Not too shabby. mueba.gif
william harris
Last project for the day was to run the cable and pull for the engine lid release. In and working. smilie_pokal.gif
william harris
Other side view. Gotta put the seats back in.
william harris
What the hell, the same photo. Must be time to crash.
william harris
Today I started the project to install the dash. Got a late start so didn't get too much done today. Hope to have the dash completely installed over the next few days. Starting to look much more like a car again biggrin.gif
william harris
I need the tool to install the front of the light switches, using the needle nose pliers in a real PITA. Got one from the local Porsche shop but it is too big - must be for 911 switches lol2.gif
william harris
Been meaning to post a picture of Eric Shea's master piece. Everyone needs one of these. smilie_pokal.gif
william harris
Replaced the dash face material on top and the basket weave on the face. Gonna look mighty good when it is all back together. smile.gif
william harris
Well here is how it sits today. More to come. cool.gif
william harris
So after the last post I figured out that the upholstery shop gave the dash face a couple of holes I didn't need - like on both sides of the cigarette lighter!!! So I ripped that off to redo it myself. So in keeping with my plan to always keep moving the job along, today I did a couple of chores. Reinstalling the outer rocker covers came next.
william harris
I thought this would be a simple bolt on procedure. wink.gif No such luck, the damn rocker covers must really be pushed on and then you have the problem of trying to align the holes for the three bolts along the bottom and the two bolts - one on each end that go thru the rubber donut and into the clip on the car. This job had me wishing for a lift. lol2.gif
william harris
You probably can't notice, but I also added the windshield washer nozzles on the cowl. And, I borrowed Eric Sander's (Partsman) rivet gun to add a few pieces back on to the car. Plate on passenger side headlight box. mueba.gif
william harris
Here's the plate back in place. Also riveted the VIN tag back to the A pillar.
william harris
Must be a picture of the VIN plate here somewhere. Well you can kinda see it here.
william harris
Trying to get ready to put all the glass back in real soon. Couple of views of the car.
william harris
So the next big push will be to finish the interior of the car. Chris Foley helped out by sending me a barrel nut needed to mount the driver side arm rest and a clip for the dash/instrument cluster. Chris - how about some pictures of the engine build? Trying to get it ready to join back up with the engine real soon.
william harris
When it gets too hot, I cool off in the pool for a couple of hours and then do a little more. biggrin.gif
william harris
Here's the little brother of # 1970.
william harris
Happy Fourth of July everybody. flag.gif
Rleog
Gotta love that deep blue......one sharp 914, Wm.
william harris
Thanks Bob. Chris told me he was working on your car this week. welder.gif
hargray2
Quote:

From your other thread....

"This will not be a concours queen"

Now look whatcha done gone and did! beer.gif
Eric_Shea
Do you wash that thing every time you take it out? laugh.gif

You're gonna rub the paint off of it! w00t.gif

WCC06... driving through SLC right?
william harris
There is so much dust and pine tree pollen on the car I can't resist washing it off when I roll it out of the garage. Working on the interior today. mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.