Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Arne’s post-teener projects
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
raynekat
Arne's cars are always drop dead gorgeous when he gets done with them. wink.gif
arne
It's been a little slow lately, but today things started to break loose. I finished the headliner last week, and so today I picked the Capri up from the glass shop with both front and rear glass back in place with new rubber and chrome lock strips. The car is finally weather tight for the first time in many years. In honor of the new all-weather capability, I quickly installed the new/restored period-correct wipers. I'm also working now on final gauge testing before reinstalling the dash pad.

And more good news! The new seat covers arrived from France this afternoon. Will share more on these later, but initial impression is they are really nice.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Jett
QUOTE(arne @ Apr 24 2024, 04:54 PM) *

It's been a little slow lately, but today things started to break loose. I finished the headliner last week, and so today I picked the Capri up from the glass shop with both front and rear glass back in place with new rubber and chrome lock strips. The car is finally weather tight for the first time in many years. In honor of the new all-weather capability, I quickly installed the new/restored period-correct wipers. I'm also working now on final gauge testing before reinstalling the dash pad.

And more good news! The new seat covers arrived from France this afternoon. Will share more on these later, but initial impression is they are really nice.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Super impressive!
East coaster
Looks great!
KELTY360
Top of the market!
arne
More fun with electrics. While working to refit the dash today, I installed the gauge cluster for testing. And everything worked... at first.

While testing all the warning lights, suddenly I caught a whiff of magic smoke escaping, and the dash illumination lights all came on by themselves, and would not go out. After pulling the cluster back out I found that there were some rather crude repairs to the printed circuit at some of the bulb "sockets", and one of them shorted and burned a section of the circuit. [Big sigh!]

So add another foreign country to the parts sources list. So far I've bought parts from Germany, England, Denmark and France. Now I found that there is a shop in Australia that has reproduced the printed circuit sheet for these cars. I've started the order process now.

While I wait, I removed the damaged traces so that I could install the gauges and drive the car while I wait. Apparently the only damage was to the dash illumination. I don't plan to drive at night, so I can get by until the new part arrives.

IPB Image
wonkipop
QUOTE(arne @ Apr 27 2024, 10:38 AM) *

More fun with electrics. While working to refit the dash today, I installed the gauge cluster for testing. And everything worked... at first.

While testing all the warning lights, suddenly I caught a whiff of magic smoke escaping, and the dash illumination lights all came on by themselves, and would not go out. After pulling the cluster back out I found that there were some rather crude repairs to the printed circuit at some of the bulb "sockets", and one of them shorted and burned a section of the circuit. [Big sigh!]

So add another foreign country to the parts sources list. So far I've bought parts from Germany, England, Denmark and France. Now I found that there is a shop in Australia that has reproduced the printed circuit sheet for these cars. I've started the order process now.

While I wait, I removed the damaged traces so that I could install the gauges and drive the car while I wait. Apparently the only damage was to the dash illumination. I don't plan to drive at night, so I can get by until the new part arrives.

IPB Image

australia to the rescue.

beerchug.gif

been a couple of years since i have made it out to a ford day, but not surprised something like that would be available down here. usually lots of capris out at ford shows.

your car is looking great mate.
the aussie version hot capris came with a "super-roo" decal and stripes back in the day.
arne
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Apr 27 2024, 05:23 PM) *

australia to the rescue.

beerchug.gif

been a couple of years since i have made it out to a ford day, but not surprised something like that would be available down here. usually lots of capris out at ford shows.

the aussie version hot capris came with a "super-roo" decal and stripes back in the day.

Tony does a lot more BMC parts than Fords.

https://www.aeowparts.com/
wonkipop
QUOTE(arne @ Apr 27 2024, 08:20 PM) *

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Apr 27 2024, 05:23 PM) *

australia to the rescue.

beerchug.gif

Tony does a lot more BMC parts than Fords.

https://www.aeowparts.com/

ah yes. one of my mates got some gear from him for a mini moke.
i think he is legendary in the world of minis/jags etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.