Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Northeast Anniversary Gathering Info Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Big Len
Out of the block of 20 rooms that I reserved, there's one room left. Amazing.
ValcoOscar
Boxes of SWAG are about to arrive at Bob's in a few hours.

@Big Len
@914dave
@saigon71

You three get first dibs on SAWG.
Plenty will be left for others.

Enjoy!!!!!

Oscar

914dave
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 9 2020, 05:32 PM) *

@Big Len
@914dave
@saigon71

Enjoy!!!!!

Oscar

Thanks again for helping out with this event Oscar!!!
saigon71
QUOTE(914dave @ Jul 9 2020, 05:34 PM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 9 2020, 05:32 PM) *

@Big Len
@914dave
@saigon71

Enjoy!!!!!

Oscar

Thanks again for helping out with this event Oscar!!!

Man, this stuff is beautiful Oscar...THANK YOU!!!

aktion035.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif beerchug.gif
914dave
ONE WEEK PEOPLE!!!!
lvnzdrm
Working out details to drive up out of VA through NOVA to Philly area, send me a message if you want to join in. I’ll be in Woodbridge around 7:00 to meet up with the first car. Anyone else in? See everyone in a week!!
rmital
icon_bump.gif
I guess I should clean my car... confused24.gif
….at least dust the dash flag.gif
Big Len
With 4 days left, here's a few things to put on your pack list:

Your car should have at least a three quarters tank of fuel at arrival to the hotel.
Folding chair(s)
Some small bills for "chip ins" group stuff and tips for hotel staff.
Bug spray for nighttime hungry mosquitoes.
A duster for the pollen that will all over your car in the morning (if you care).
Bring whatever you're drinking (there will be bottled water, but that's about it.
Your own personal mask and hand sanitizer.
It's going to be pretty warm and if your car is due, change the oil to keep everything cool.
Check your tire pressures.

More updates coming.
rgolia
Do I have to bring the roof, it gets in the way of my beer supply! Thanks for the suggestions...bug spray is a must have. Looking forward to this.
BeatNavy
Len and Bob, you've done fantastic work on this (and special thanks to Oscar for being such a generous guy). I'm still hoping to have my ducks sufficiently in a row to be able to make it. I'm optimistic!

Ralph, more beer versus the targa top?.. idea.gif

Although:
Click to view attachment

BillJ
Hooked up with Jon and am on the 914 Caravan from Northern Virginia! My son and I (he is 9) are very much looking forward to meeting everyone.
Big Len
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jul 13 2020, 11:03 AM) *

Hooked up with Jon and am on the 914 Caravan from Northern Virginia! My son and I (he is 9) are very much looking forward to meeting everyone.

piratenanner.gif driving.gif
BENBRO02
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jul 13 2020, 11:03 AM) *

Excellent! I’ll see you when you get to NOVA.
Spoke
QUOTE(lvnzdrm @ Jul 10 2020, 02:19 PM) *

Working out details to drive up out of VA through NOVA to Philly area, send me a message if you want to join in. I’ll be in Woodbridge around 7:00 to meet up with the first car. Anyone else in? See everyone in a week!!

What route is being planned? I'm in the Lehigh Valley and would like to meet up if possible.
914dave
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jul 13 2020, 02:20 PM) *

What route is being planned? I'm in the Lehigh Valley and would like to meet up if possible.

Spoke
The guys who are coming from the south are meeting me at the Yardley park and ride where 295 crosses from PA to NJ. We are going to cruise up river rd thru the Delaware Water Gap for lunch and then to the hotel. Out of the way for you, but if you wanted to join us for the cruise, all are welcome. The meet time at the park and ride is 10:00 am.
BENBRO02

Jon (and Bill) are planning to come up Interstate 95 on Saturday morning and meet me in Woodbridge and then we’ll head to meet Dave Toppin (north of Philly) and have lunch.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(914dave @ Jul 13 2020, 02:33 PM) *

Spoke
The guys who are coming from the south are meeting me at the Yardley park and ride where 295 crosses from PA to NJ. We are going to cruise up river rd thru the Delaware Water Gap for lunch and then to the hotel. Out of the way for you, but if you wanted to join us for the cruise, all are welcome. The meet time at the park and ride is 10:00 am.

Dave - assuming I'm making it, I would like to plan on joining up with this crew if that's ok (remember, my teener makes everyone else's look good next to it smile.gif ). I'll confirm ahead of time. @mepstein , are you in cahoots with this group? I'll be passing through Wilmington.

Looks like a beautiful drive north driving.gif
914dave
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jul 13 2020, 03:56 PM) *

Spoke

Dave - assuming I'm making it, I would like to plan on joining up with this crew if that's ok (remember, my teener makes everyone else's look good next to it smile.gif ). I'll confirm ahead of time. @mepstein , are you in cahoots with this group? I'll be passing through Wilmington.

Everyone is welcome. Get in touch with Jon (Lvnzdrm). He’s coming up 95 with the group. You can meet up with them in Wilmington
914dave
ATTENTION!!!
For those attending the drive on Saturday. We will be having lunch at Wallenpaupak Brewing in Hawley PA. Check out the menu if you like. Should be something for everyone.
theer
Is there a caravan coming down from the North?
JRust
LOL! I just checked thinking man I could use a good drive. I haven't made an east coast run yet. Well I still won't be making it. That 44hour drive one way is just a bit much blink.gif . Have fun everyone beerchug.gif
lvnzdrm
Winding down the punch list, throttle pedal bushing broke. I sourced a nylon bushing from Lowe’s that should work. I need to wash the car and pack, but pretty much ready for the trip. The plan is as follows:
- Leave East of Richmond at 5:00 ( I’m a early riser)
- Meet Ben and his best half in Woodbridge ( ETA 7:00) fill up with fuel
- Head north up 95 and meet Bill J and his excited son (ETA 8:15)
- Continue up 95 North through Baltimore and meet Dave, Dion and company at the Yardley Park and Ride off 295. ( ETA around 10:30)

From there I’m a sheep and will follow the group to the hotel.

On a side note I’m looking for 2 sets of Porsche Letters for the decklid. Any condition tabs broke off are ok. Working on a garage project.

See everyone soon!!

nditiz1
@lvnzdrm - I have some weltmeister brass pedal bushings. I could next day them to you if you wanted. Or you can drive up, im in MD.

Will possibly be making a test hit on the teener to check temps. If they are still not staying down I can't come in the teener but I can still make it in the 911 that was once powered by a 76 914 2.0
lvnzdrm
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jul 14 2020, 04:58 PM) *

@lvnzdrm - I have some weltmeister brass pedal bushings. I could next day them to you if you wanted. Or you can drive up, im in MD.

Will possibly be making a test hit on the teener to check temps. If they are still not staying down I can't come in the teener but I can still make it in the 911 that was once powered by a 76 914 2.0

Thanks for the offer, the Lowe’s bushings worked perfectly. Car is finished!! Wash, top off fuel and pack. Hope to see you in the Teener!
TonyA

Spoke

Are you bringing the tub I helped you get from the west side of DC back in March??
Spoke
Ugh.

My 914 suffered a self-inflicted flesh wound.

A couple of weeks ago I assembled the first set of round brake and turnsignal boards and quickly put them on my car for a photo op. Apparently I didn't secure the plastic lenses and last weekend went for a spirited ride and the passenger side rear lens fell off. chair.gif

If I can pick up a pair of US lenses or one Euro passenger side lens, I'll bring my 914. Anyone going have a pair of US lenses or one Euro passenger side lens they'd like to sell or barter for some LEDs?
iankarr
Actually I think I may have a euro lens. Will check tomorrow!
BeatNavy
QUOTE(TonyA @ Jul 14 2020, 10:15 PM) *

Spoke

Are you bringing the tub I helped you get from the west side of DC back in March??

Uh...that one still has a way to go yet, Tony biggrin.gif Unless maybe I could bring it up and we could do a work party at the gathering. You know, nothing major. Just welding in rest of longs and sail panels, grinding, stripping paint, complete body work, sanding, painting, complete reassembly..... we could knock it out in a couple of hours rolleyes.gif
Alapone

I will be making the day trip Saturday. I didn't sign up, I hope that's alright (was waiting to resolve a scheduling conflict)

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

914dave
QUOTE(Alapone @ Jul 15 2020, 09:50 AM) *

I will be making the day trip Saturday. I didn't sign up, I hope that's alright (was waiting to resolve a scheduling conflict)

That’s not a problem. You just have to pick up the lunch tab for 30 people. Only kidding. Be at the hotel by 9:00. Drivers meeting at 9:30, departure at 10:00.

Super 8 by Wyndham
340 Green Tree Drive
East Stroudsburg, PA

See you then!!!
914dave
Washing Smokey for the gathering!
rgalla9146

Andrew that is Excellent !
See you there.
Cross fingers on weather.
lvnzdrm
Keeping up with Dave all washed up, all fueled up, tools and spares packed. Parked in G1 and ready to go!!
Big Len
I can't wait to see all these cars on the road.
ValcoOscar
Please post lots of photos...PLEASE.

Oscar
Zippy69
QUOTE(914dave @ Jul 13 2020, 04:54 PM) *

ATTENTION!!!
For those attending the drive on Saturday. We will be having lunch at Wallenpaupak Brewing in Hawley PA. Check out the menu if you like. Should be something for everyone.

What time for lunch at Wally Brewery? Would like to meet up with everyone there.

Paul
rgalla9146
QUOTE(914dave @ Jul 15 2020, 06:20 PM) *

Me too x 2
Big Len
QUOTE(Zippy69 @ Jul 15 2020, 09:59 PM) *

ATTENTION!!!

What time for lunch at Wally Brewery? Would like to meet up with everyone there.

Paul

About 12:30 Paul
914dave

ATTENTION!!!

Paul

We have a 12:30 reservation
Big Len
Repeating a post - DON'T FORGET

Your car should have at least a three quarters tank of fuel at arrival to the hotel.
Folding chair(s)
Some small bills for "chip ins" group stuff and tips for hotel staff.
Bug spray for nighttime hungry mosquitoes.
A duster for the pollen that will all over your car in the morning (if you care).
Bring whatever you're drinking (there will be bottled water, but that's about it.
Your own personal mask and hand sanitizer.
It's going to be pretty warm and if your car is due, change the oil to keep everything cool.
Phone charger
Meds including the good ones.
Check your tire pressures.
StarBear
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jul 15 2020, 09:32 PM) *

I can't wait to see all these cars on the road.

This is going to be SOOOO cool. Really wish I could make it. bye1.gif
914dave
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jul 15 2020, 09:59 PM) *

QUOTE(914dave @ Jul 15 2020, 06:20 PM) *

Me too x 2

Can’t wait to see the GT !!!
Manny Alban
I found out I'm free on Saturday. Was wondering if it's okay to come up on Saturday for the drive and to hang out? I have a 73 2.0 phoenix red. Sounds like it's going to be the largest gathering of 914's on the east coast.
914dave
QUOTE(Manny Alban @ Jul 16 2020, 11:16 AM) *

I found out I'm free on Saturday. Was wondering if it's okay to come up on Saturday for the drive and to hang out? I have a 73 2.0 phoenix red. Sounds like it's going to be the largest gathering of 914's on the east coast.

Manny
You are more than welcome. Try to be there 9:00 am , drivers mtg 9:30 and roll out 10:00.
Dave
Super 8 by Wyndham
340 Green Tree Drive
East Stroudsburg, PA
914Steve
Hello, I am still coming on Saturday with a guest but will be in a 911. My 914 is not quite ready for the trip. Look forward to meeting everyone.
Steve
BillJ
See you there Manny!!
Alapone
QUOTE(914dave @ Jul 15 2020, 10:13 AM) *

That’s not a problem. You just have to pick up the lunch tab for 30 people. Only kidding. Be at the hotel by 9:00. Drivers meeting at 9:30, departure at 10:00.

Super 8 by Wyndham
340 Green Tree Drive
East Stroudsburg, PA

See you then!!!

Haha I’ll be in the bathroom when the tab comes. Looking forward to it this will be great.
Zippy69
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jul 15 2020, 06:01 PM) *

ATTENTION!!!

Paul

About 12:30 Paul

Ok see u there crashing the 914 party!

Paul
Big Len
Damn Ralph, I could live in that garage.
TonyA
Is someone bringing the famous Hershey Gas Can !! Seems appropriate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.