Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Parting is such sweet sorrow"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
bondo
QUOTE (Dave Eddy @ Jul 13 2005, 04:36 PM)
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jul 13 2005, 01:42 PM)

"tick tocks" are meant to be taken in a humorous fashion, not a fuck-you-and-your-rusty-teeners-I-live-in-California-and-can-chop-up-cars-if-I-feel-like-it fashion. Sheesh!!

Jen

[QUOTE]

Who Me? confused24.gif wink.gif

People outside the west coast (us) are resentful and frustrated that our cars rust out due to the weather and salt. Not just the teeners, all our cars.
I think we can agree that shipping a car east adds a thousand $ to the price but Capt Tripps shipped Sklines car back from the WCC for (I recollect) more than that. with a busted susp. arm. And the other thing is getting enough time off from work to travel to find a car and make arangements.
IMHO
We don't "blame" you for having nice cars.

That was my car. Now his buddy Vance has it, and last I heard he was making some pretty good progress on it. If I still had it, I'd take up Scott Thatcher's offer, because (before I did the rough bodywork) it was definitely worth more in parts. The only reasons I didn't cut it up were because it's too much work, and I didn't need any of the parts for myself.
bd1308
you want a offer....I have $600 in a bank account for you if that car has two solid longs and a nice tray--no hell hole

there's your insultingly low offer...
Mueller
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 13 2005, 05:09 PM)
you want a offer....I have $600 in a bank account for you if that car has two solid longs and a nice tray--no hell hole

that would an acceptable offer for the bare chassis once stripped of the bolt-on parts....I'd take it...of course it'll cost you $1000.00 or so to get it back East
Mueller
Jon is a reasonable person.....how about someone offering to buy the stripped down chassis for just a few hundred bucks?? Who knows, once all the bolt-on items that us vultures want have been taken off and sold, he might be willing to "give" the bare chassis away.....

but I doubt anyone will take him up on that offer either headbang.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 13 2005, 02:36 PM)
what I cant believe is the amount of good parts that get tossed...see this is exactly what happened to me with my pink car....everyone bitched, and when all was said and done....i STILL didn't have a front clip sitting on my front porch. Some people fight over the stupidest crap......my car's internals are pretty bad....the right suspension console is going to hell...and the CHEAPEST I could find a shop to help me replace the parts is $700, which I simply don't have....so come on guys, it's his car, let him do with it what he wants...

B.S. Britt. You had me as well as 2-3 other people trying to get you a clip, and you were too damn antsy and caere free to wait a few days. THEN you come in and assure everyone that pinky is safe and you will be storing it until you can get around to restoring it. You gace a definite impression that the car would NOT be cut up , so I dropped it. Then a few months ago you slipped up and said something and the bell went off. Don't try to come up with some B.S. story about how no-one would step up. I'll find the original thread and link to it if I have to! As far as this car, what I see is everyone who wants to save the car is on the East coast and knows what we constantly deal with while the West coasters don't care because it's a dime a dozen to them. I think we see who cares about the cars and who cares about the pockets flipa.gif . If I could afford it, I would wire the money right now because this is the kind of shit I'm used to doing. %90 of the cars I have fixed have looked like this or worse. Be grateful for what you have Cali peeps.
bd1308
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jul 13 2005, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 13 2005, 05:09 PM)

that would an acceptable offer for the bare chassis once stripped of the bolt-on parts....I'd take it...of course it'll cost you $1000.00 or so to get it back East

heh....914 road trip....teener dragging a teener.
SpecialK
Holy shit! huh.gif

A guy buys a car for a good deal, gets what he needs off of it, decides he wants the space more than he wants the car ("I have no emotional ties to this car" [ more or less]), offer's it up for sale (no takers), and is willing to go through the hassle/headache of parting it out (tons of takers) to make some cash and help out the iron oxide group........and so that makes him an unscrupulous, immoral, lying, dhead.gif.

Just sounds like "business" to me. confused24.gif

Jon, PM me a price for both rear suspension sections (inner/outer - left/right), and I'll get you a MO in the mail ASAP. beerchug.gif

Remember, the neatness of the final cut is not a factor. wink.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jul 13 2005, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 13 2005, 02:36 PM)
what I cant believe is the amount of good parts that get tossed...see this is exactly what happened to me with my pink car....everyone bitched, and when all was said and done....i STILL didn't have a front clip sitting on my front porch. Some people fight over the stupidest crap......my car's internals are pretty bad....the right suspension console is going to hell...and the CHEAPEST I could find a shop to help me replace the parts is $700, which I simply don't have....so come on guys, it's his car, let him do with it what he wants...

B.S. Britt. You had me as well as 2-3 other people trying to get you a clip, and you were too damn antsy and caere free to wait a few days. THEN you come in and assure everyone that pinky is safe and you will be storing it until you can get around to restoring it. You gace a definite impression that the car would NOT be cut up , so I dropped it. Then a few months ago you slipped up and said something and the bell went off. Don't try to come up with some B.S. story about how no-one would step up. I'll find the original thread and link to it if I have to! As far as this car, what I see is everyone who wants to save the car is on the East coast and knows what we constantly deal with while the West coasters don't care because it's a dime a dozen to them. I think we see who cares about the cars and who cares about the pockets flipa.gif . If I could afford it, I would wire the money right now because this is the kind of shit I'm used to doing. %90 of the cars I have fixed have looked like this or worse. Be grateful for what you have Cali peeps.

what does teh East Coast have to do with me? Oh and besides the pink car WAS a public auction....7-day IIRC...

it'll get restored......
scotty b
1- the pink car will never be right because I'm betting the VIN was cut out. Like I stated in the original thread, I have repaired a car hit JUST like your red one, and to be done correctly, the donor car has to be cut back around where the VIN no. is stamped. 2- there was a change over from your pink car, to the car that started this thread.
bd1308
i'm just trying to get things done.......

he wanted a low offer, i have the low offer. simple.

for a car to be concorse, it must have the orig paint...this thing has been chipped and maaco painted red. it ain't concorse, i dunno what you want from me.

take the pink car from me or drop it--.....

SpecialK
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 13 2005, 04:41 PM)
i'm just trying to get things done.......

Werd! beerchug.gif
scruz914
I have been enjoying this thread. At some point I may be willing to jump in and make a serious offer for the car to save it. I don't think it is worth $3k but really don't know what it is worth. So I went to craigslist to check out the current market. Here is what I found:

being parted - $700
$300 shell
looks like a nice car - $1750
not sure, no pics - $2k

And then there is this one:
for comparison - a little high for parting out

I know that nice looking 914s for sale can end up being rusted in all of the usual places upon inspection, so the above listings may be junk. I am guessing Jon's car might be worth around $2k if it is as rust free as claimed and with the front fender damage. It doesn't matter what he paid for it. I am willing to check it out for anyone. Problem is I am out of town this weekend so it would have to be Thursday unless Jon is willing to wait until next week. That is if someone wants to buy the whole car and Jon is willing to sell it whole. I could also store it for a short while if needed.

Can someone (Jon?) explain the issue with the title?

-Jeff
tat2dphreak
if no one will make a real offer on the car, then it deserves to be cut up... it shocks me and disgusts me that the car be cut up, but if no one will even offer 2000(to make up for the 1000 shipping, then obviously cutting is what everyone wants...

on is a reasonable person.....how about someone offering to buy the stripped down chassis for just a few hundred bucks?? Who knows, once all the bolt-on items that us vultures want have been taken off and sold, he might be willing to "give" the bare chassis away.....

but I doubt anyone will take him up on that offer either

that would be a great deal Mueller! he can pull the tranny, motor, and fuchs off and get his 3k and sell the roller with some beetle rims for 1000...

hell I bought a roller for 1500 with an engine that DIDN'T run, it DID have some minor rust, and NO (zero) interior... and drove 6 hours to get it too!!

would I have paid 3k for a rust-free runner with a bad quarter? damn right! I'd have taken a week of work, rented a truck and towed the bitch back on a trailer... it would have sat in MY garage until I got the $$ to have a body shop fix it, but I'd have done it...

have nothing against anyone in this deal.

I understand where Clay's coming from, to see a car that clean be cut up SICKENS me!! and I can see where jon DESERVES to make a profit...

If I was in Jon's place and NO ONE would step up and at least say "hey give me a week to find some dough, here's a $100 deposit" or "can someone store this car until I can make arrangements" then I'd probably HAVE to do the same thing... if people want the parts, not the car... sad but true

has anyone even asked if the timeline is flexible (with a deposit to back it up?)

these cars are like stray dogs, I'd take them in and get them all help if I could, and I hate to know that one is being 'put down'
tat2dphreak
btw, if this does get the chop-chop...

someone in the classifieds needs the tranny and linkage,

and I am 99% sure I know someone who wants the front trunk if that's not bad...
Dead Air
Bondo,
I mis- spoke. Sorry sad.gif
McMark
It's funny to me that the people who BITCH the most about cutting up cars aren't the ones who have garages FULL of parts. They aren't the ones whove gone through all the HELL of trying to get rid of stuff.

Exactly HOW LONG should Jon have to hold onto this car? HOW LONG should he sacrifice his shop/garage space to store a car he doesn't want any more? WHY WOULD HE DO THAT? I'm all for helping out the 914 community, but at some point, any rational person decides that they'd like to use their garage to park their car in. I know I haven't been able to in a long time.

I'm sure even Clay and Scott would be singing a different tune if they had 5 914s at their house and a garage stacked to the ceiling with 914 parts. At some point you get tired of being a wrecking yard and try to get rid of it. And I'll tell you what happens EVERY TIME someone tries to get rid of the stuff. NO ONE WANTS IT!

If this car was so worth saving WHERE ARE THE MARTYRS AND THEIR $$$? Step up! Save it. You can do it. No, instead everyone TELLS Jon that it's Jon's RESPONSIBILITY to save it. Screw that. finger.gif

Regardless of the reason he has the car now, he wants it gone. Cut up or sold doesn't matter. Just get it gone. I can understand. I'm with you Jon, I got your back.
bondo
QUOTE (Dave Eddy @ Jul 13 2005, 06:07 PM)
Bondo,
I mis- spoke. Sorry sad.gif

No problem, I was just clearing things up. Both skline and I showed up with just primered 914s.. easy mistake.
Dead Air
QUOTE (bondo @ Jul 13 2005, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (Dave Eddy @ Jul 13 2005, 06:07 PM)
Bondo,
I mis- spoke.  Sorry sad.gif

No problem, I was just clearing things up. Both skline and I showed up with just primered 914s.. easy mistake.

[QUOTE]

Don't cut me any slack! Sklines car had that cool stripe on it!

Does California have temporary/ Transport stickers for registration? That would save someone from having to trailer it? unsure.gif
McMark
QUOTE (Dave Eddy @ Jul 13 2005, 05:27 PM)
Does California have temporary/ Transport stickers for registration? That would save someone from having to trailer it? unsure.gif

Yes.
jimkelly
Going to sleep now - I am sure I will have bad dreams about not having enough cash to buy this car, not having a garage to put it in, not having another $1000 to transport to the east coast. Thanks for offering the car as a whole and for offering us the parts. The community has spoken : ) I'd like to see if one Ginsu can be used to part out a 914???
Allan
Hey John,

Got that bumper off yet?? wink.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE (scruz914 @ Jul 13 2005, 05:58 PM)
Can someone (Jon?) explain the issue with the title?

-Jeff

I'll do the best I can as this is third hand knowledge.

The car is a local original. The owner had it shipped to him in one of the Carolinas while stationed there in the service. There the car was hit by a neighbor while parked in front of the seller's house. The insurance totaled it like they usually do 914's. He collected the insurance and bought the car back to repair it. He took it to a body shop where it sat untouched for a year. The whole time it was still registered and titled in California. The seller told me when he got back to California with the car he sent the title to the DMV and told them what happened. They sent him the same title back unchanged, not marked as salvage.

I bought the car as a non-running late '73 2.0 with a salvage title.

I call the DMV the next day to ask about what would be involved in the event someone wanted to put the car back on the road. I knew it was worth saving and planned to offer it up in case someone wanted it. The kind lady tells me that they do not show the car as having salvage status and that it should be plainly marked on the title if it were. She says the car is currently listed as PNO. [Planned Non-Operation for those of you not living in California. You have to tell the DMV when you plan to not renew the registration on your car, otherwise it will keep accruing and you will have to pay back-registration when you (or an unsuspecting buyer) goes to re-register the car] She told me that to register the car the only fees that would be due were title transfer, tax, and new plates because I don't have the front one (or the bumper it was attached to).

So as far as the title, that's it as I understand it. I can't guarantee it, per se, as it's all based on a conversation on the phone with, of all people, the DMV. I've thought of offering a 15% refund if it turns out to actually have a salvage title as I don't like to mis-represent myself; however I'm not sure how I feel about that right now.

WHAT A GREAT THREAD!!!

Jon
SpecialK
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Jul 13 2005, 07:17 PM)
WHAT A GREAT THREAD!!!

Jon

Hey...shouldn't you be chopping a car up instead of playing around on the computer? biggrin.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Jenny
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jul 13 2005, 05:25 PM)
As far as this car, what I see is everyone who wants to save the car is on the East coast and knows what we constantly deal with while the West coasters don't care because it's a dime a dozen to them. I think we see who cares about the cars and who cares about the pockets flipa.gif . If I could afford it, I would wire the money right now because this is the kind of shit I'm used to doing. %90 of the cars I have fixed have looked like this or worse. Be grateful for what you have Cali peeps.

If I could afford it, I'd buy it as well. Join the friggin' club. No one can afford it, that's why no one's made Jon an offer. ('cept Britt's $600 rolleyes.gif )

Jen
bd1308
I bought my rusty POS roller for $400....
rick 918-S
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 13 2005, 02:55 PM)
FYI... I found the ad on Craigslist.

He bought the car for 900.00. Now he wants 3000.00

Sounds like a dhead.gif to me.

agree.gif come on... You people on the Gold Coast don't get it. Too much sun or something. Make a couple of bucks and a friend. The car isn't worth $ 4000.00 in it's present condition. ($ 3000.00 + shipping...) After repairing the damage it's hardly worth the cost of repairs.

It's the passion. If you don't get the vibe here, you don't have it. Shame on all of you.

Your cars are premo nice! We don't get those here. How about a little respect for people that have less instead of poking them in the eye with your thumb. slap.gif

If your serious about selling the car and not just making fun of us less fortunate. Sell the car the Clay at a fair price, make a few bucks on the deal, and help a fellow enthusist but finding a local member that can keep the car safe until he can pick it up. That's the right thing to do and you all know it. dry.gif
Jenny
Rick, read the entire thread. Again. Clay pulled that purchase price out of his ass. Jon would never try to make a profit of $2100. Especially off a club member or fellow teener enthousiast.

Clay claims he found the craigslist ad that has that car listed for $900. He has yet to prove it. Pretty much, he has the huevos to call Jon "Liar, liar. Pants on fire. And I've got the proof!" in public, but can't back it up with proof, and has since taken his ball and gone home. screwy.gif

And Jon's not disrespecting people with rusty cars, or west coast challenged people. He's trying to get rid of a car. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. He's selling it for $3000. Purchase price is $3000. Regardless of whether you live in San Jose, New York, or Timbucktoo. If you happen to need to arrange for transport ($), so be it. Maybe someone with the dedication and passion for these cars is willing to drive out, rent a Uhaul, and truck it back to the rust belt.

You guys make it sound like we don't love these cars as much as you do. Well, I don't see any of you guys offering to save the poor car either. You're just as bad as the west coasters then, aren't you? (I can't believe we're drawing a line for sides here, by the way. East side, and West side. Just like the rappers smile.gif)

Jen
SirAndy
ok, here's what we should do:

jon will cut the car in half down the center line. the left half of the car stays here at the left coast. the right half of the car will be shipped to the east coast. then we all wait another 30 years. that will settle the eastcoast/westcoast thing once and for all.

beerchug.gif Andy
jonwatts
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jul 13 2005, 11:46 PM)
Your cars are premo nice!

Really? Here's my car in a picture dated March 2004. The only difference between then and now is I've scraped more Olympic Blue paint from the front trunk. I would have liked to have started with a nicer car, one that didn't need the passenger floorboard replaced or didn't have a rusted through rear trunk; but I told myself this was a better fit for me because I had a feeling I wanted to do some wild stuff and I know I couldn't bring myself to do that to a nice original car. Oh, and I couldn't afford anything nicer.

To be continued...
TravisNeff
I can't believe this turned into 9 pages of crap, and I can't believe I read it all.

Christ, who cares??

Obviously Jon is getting a chuckle out of the flame ware he has created and he has sucked a lot of you into it to boot.

jonwatts
Ok, now that I've put on my "be serious" underpants I guess I can vent a little. This will probably be a mistake but...

That picture is of my garage. It's the only place I have to work on my car. See, I live in a townhouse in San Jose. I don't have a yard or a driveway to store the green car. I don't have a lift like Clay does. I can't run a compressor or make too much noise. That's the reason for the "arbitrary and unrealistic" deadline. I need to make this car gone. It can't live on the street without putting myself or the previous owner in a world of hurt. Don't feel sorry for me though, I do live in Silicon Valley after all, it's not like I'm living in a van down by the river.

Maybe I shouldn't have bought it in the first place but I'm trying to make something happen. I'm trying to do what we all want to do, create something that so far only exists in my mind. I'm trying to complete something before it becomes a running joke, or worse, ends up for sale as a pile of parts in the classifieds because I've given up (e.g. fiid's car).

I screwed up. I started this thread with a little attitude because of something I read the other day (Clay's "nanner nanner" thread) and because I know from watching other people part out cars here that there's a lot of talk and not much action when it comes to moving the whole car. I was hoping to get people to move on this but here we are, 10 pages later and I've gotten one serious offer (not counting Britt's savings account); it came in a few hours ago and it was for less than I'm into the car. The problem now is tempers start to rise, people take sides and I may have trouble selling the parts or the car as a whole and recouping my loss.

[Please hold while I change back out of my "be serious" underpants]

Clay, I don't know you, never met you, never conversed with you in any way until today. Not sure what your problem is but I bet it's treatable with medication. My guess is that, despite what you said, you're not in a position to make me a "serious offer" and it's easier to make an adversary out of me than to admit it (oh, and you're willing to lie to get there too).

Scott Thacher, thank you for telling me how much I deserve to earn as a "finder's fee" for taking the risk of buying a non-running salvage-titled car. When you complete your Subaru Conversion Kit please post your total cost here and we'll be glad to tell you how much you are allowed to sell it for.

Rick, thank you for telling me what the car is not worth. Is that your opinion as a 914 lover or as a former bodyshop owner? You do realize that those two perspectives can't co-exist, right? The 914 lover lives in "retail land" while the bodyshop owner gets to live in the land of jobber pricing and car auctions.

And to all the people who do seem to really get it (not this uber-idealistic reality some people are living in) thanks for your participation in one kick-butt thread that is about 914's!!! Not politics, religion, or Zois' butt crack (Hi Mikey buddy!).

Stay tuned folks, I just got an idea but I'm saving it for morning!

Jon
scotty914
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jul 13 2005, 11:39 PM)
Rick, read the entire thread. Again. Clay pulled that purchase price out of his ass. Jon would never try to make a profit of $2100.
Jen

jenny he said he found the ad, but he is taking a few days off. i guess when he comes back he will post it. maybe somebody else also found it and they will post it, but maybe he did make it up but i think clay is a little more honest than that.
ematulac
Not taking sides here, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Personally, I'd like to see someone save this 914. sad.gif

The Craiglist ad was deleted, but here's a copy of it dated 6/22. The seller lowered the asking price to $1700 about a week later.

Almost Perfect '73 914 (san jose east)
***** ASKING PRICE IS $2500 BUT DEFINITELY NEGOTIABLE *****

1973 Porsche 914 2.0

Miles: 250000
Doors: 2 doors
Transmission: Manual
Interior: Black
Engine: 4 - Cyl.
Year: 1973
VIN Number: 47329
Title: Salvage
Exterior: Green
Options: Convertible

Vehicle Description

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I am selling this car for a great price as I need the money quick. Payment will be due 48 hours from close of the sale. This is a near perfect 1973 914. I am the third owner of this car and I have had it for 10 years. It always ran great for me and the biggest thing I ever had to fix was the clutch. About 2 years ago a neighbor of mine ran into the passenger side fender and dented the fender and bumper. The insurance company would not pay to have it fixed as it would be more than what they determined the car to be worth. Of course when it is your first car that has never let you down, you get a little mad. I kept the car and took it to a shop that said they could fix it. It sat for over a year and they never touched it. I have a new fender for it. The bumper that I have is not really that great. It has a ding in it and you would be better off trying to get one here on E-Bay. The interior is missing the radio as it was stolen from the shady autobody repair place. The paint is starting to show a little wear, but some wax should it bring it back out. Of course there are scratches and small dings in a few places, but the car is over 30 years old. The engine ran when I took it to the repair shop, but they did not start it, so it no longer runs. After looking at it, it probably needs a battery, spark plugs, rotor and distributor cap. It will also need to have any fluids drained and refilled. This car has a lot of history and if you would like to know more, please email me. GOOD LUCK!!

EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT MORE PICTURES!!!!!!!!

This item has been posted by-owner.

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

80392928 6/22/2005 7:16 PM

rhodyguy
the uproar over this car completely escapes me. whatever jon paid for this car is irrelevant. if he wants to part it out, spend hours taking it apart, spend hours answering emails and pms, spend hours boxing stuff up, spend hours driving to fedex/ups/usps and back home so people can aquire some badly needed parts, to make some money what's the crime? until he makes back the money he spent on the car and related exspenses he's in the hole. when you figure the bottom line, it's not like he's going to be cutting a fat hog. jon, when you have a minute could you push in the cigar lighter to see if it still works? biggrin.gif i almost got in a wreck trying light a smoke while repeatedly flicking my bic and steering with my knees on the freeway. calling for sure today, 8ish. are you sure that's an ad for the same car? color in ad states green, i think the car jon has is silver.

k
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Jul 14 2005, 04:44 AM)

Stay tuned folks, I just got an idea but I'm saving it for morning!

Jon

well... it's 8am PST, and obviously we're all on pins and needles... the whole board is quiet, awaiting your response... smile.gif

idea.gif what COULD it be?
jonwatts
Hi Kevin, good to hear from you, I was afraid all this was putting you off. Call anytime you like.

Sure I'll check the cigar lighter, if it doesn't work you can have the one from my own car. I don't think I'll be able to reach it while wearing a 5-pt harness anyway.

The ad ematulac quoted is the same car. I saw the one the seller re-posted a week later for $1700 as he said. I have the additional photos from emailing his wife, maybe I should post them?

Jon
Root_Werks
If you part it out, did anyone call dibs on the rust? Is the rust in good shape? I could use some more as the PO seemed to have removed most of it on my 914. Just a bag a flakes would be cool, I don't want to hog it all for myself. laugh.gif
URY914
sawzall-smiley.gif

Paul cool_shades.gif
Jenny
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Jul 14 2005, 02:50 AM)
jenny he said he found the ad, but he is taking a few days off. i guess when he comes back he will post it. maybe somebody else also found it and they will post it, but maybe he did make it up but i think clay is a little more honest than that.

he said he's taking a few days off after Jon requested he post the craigslist ad. How convenient. rolleyes.gif Like I stated, if you have the nads to call someone a liar, back it up. Otherwise, Clay's no better than Sam accusing Brad of stealing #4. mad.gif I know Jon, and I know Clay. Not well, but probably better than you do. How well do you know either of them to question their integrity? Jon didn't come out and attack Clay, but Clay has no reservations about doing it to Jon. Who's the bigger man here?

Jen
phantom914
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jul 14 2005, 07:48 AM)
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Jul 14 2005, 02:50 AM)

he said he's taking a few days off after Jon requested he post the craigslist ad. How convenient. rolleyes.gif Like I stated, if you have the nads to call someone a liar, back it up. Otherwise, Clay's no better than Sam accusing Brad of stealing #4. mad.gif I know Jon, and I know Clay. Not well, but probably better than you do. How well do you know either of them to question their integrity? Jon didn't come out and attack Clay, but Clay has no reservations about doing it to Jon. Who's the bigger man here?

Jen

Actually, to be correct, Clay disappeared after he said he found the ad, before Jon asked for him to produce it.

That says nothing about what I think about either side and may make no difference in anybody's opinion, but that is how it happened.

Now back to the rational debate. rolleyes.gif

Andrew
Joe Bob
OK...so, for the brain to digest.....people are mad cause there's a roller that may or may not have a salvage title....right?

CURE...
Register it....

Ok.....people are mad cause there is a nice tub that may go under the knife....

CURE...
Buy it or STFU

Ok...even IF someone wants to buy...no has stepped up...someone is bitching that the seller is making too much money....

CURE...
Make an offer or STFU
*Note...remind self to buy high and sell low next time... cool_shades.gif

This thread is like Seinfeld....it's about nothing but a lot of bitching....

so STFU

or buy the freaking car.....hey Jon, set a deadline for buyers....set an asking price, then cut the fucker up when it passes.....
bd1308
yeah man. seinfeld. i'm george then. miles is uncle leo.
tat2dphreak
I'm with Z...

and don't care either way at this point.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 14 2005, 11:04 AM)

are you shitting me?! Miles is Kramer!
bondo
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 14 2005, 09:06 AM)

I thought Miles was bubble boy. smile.gif Jon and Clay are arguing about which way to enter a parallel parking space. smile.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (bondo @ Jul 14 2005, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 14 2005, 09:06 AM)

I thought Miles was bubble boy. smile.gif Jon and Clay are arguing about which way to enter a parallel parking space. smile.gif

no,no... that's Britt... biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
I hear the roller was once owned by Jon Voight....
Allan
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 14 2005, 09:04 AM)
yeah man. seinfeld. i'm george then.

Maybe Elaine? laugh.gif
tod914
I hear the roller was once owned by Jon Voight....

Well, if that is the case, I'll take the seat cushion his daughter sat on w00t.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jul 14 2005, 10:12 AM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 14 2005, 09:04 AM)
yeah man. seinfeld. i'm george then.

Maybe Elaine? laugh.gif

blink.gif

no.

start->shutdown.

your Computer is now safe to turn off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.