Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Parting is such sweet sorrow"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Joe Bob
QUOTE (McMark @ Jul 12 2005, 12:40 PM)
I have targa tops in the classifieds. wacko.gif

COME ON EAST COASTERS! You all complain about us cutting up cars. I've been bitched at about throwing stuff away. Somebody dump your sorry ass rusty project car and pick this one up. Sheesh.

Yep....step up or forever STFU..... cool_shades.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Jul 12 2005, 02:14 PM)
Sure thing, Pat. I'll send you a PM.

if you sell the car to Pat I get a commision since I pointed him your way smile.gif

jonwatts
If he buys it you just lost your commission because you were going to get the near-perfect US tail lights laugh.gif

easy come, easy go

Mueller
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Jul 12 2005, 02:20 PM)
If he buys it you just lost your commission because you were going to get the near-perfect US tail lights laugh.gif

easy come, easy go

oh damn, I forgot about those..forget it Pat, don't buy a thing from Jon, I wouldn't trust him to walk my dog, I'd buy from stromberg.gif before I gave up my hard earned money to this Jon fellow...who can trust a suby-powered-bontempi-flared 914 owner????? lol2.gif
GTeener
Hey! I recognize that garage! rolleyes.gif
SpecialK
Well, if Pat balks at the purchase (please, please, please... boldblue.gif ), and you do chop her up. The parts needed are essentially the pivot points of the rear suspension (console [inner], and ear [outer])....#318 in the pic, and the corresponding outer piece (both sides.....please, please, please.... boldblue.gif )
jonwatts
Roger that, even though I don't look forward to cutting those out.

Mueller
Jon has not learned his lesson yet...you couldn't pay me to cut up another 914...too much damn work..... sawzall-smiley.gif
jonwatts
Uh oh, the last 914 I cut up was with you at the Palo Alto shop unsure.gif

Remember, we couldn't decide which we liked better, the plasma cutter or the sawzall.

redshift
QUOTE (Manfred Z @ Jul 12 2005, 05:18 PM)
I have targa tops in the classifieds.  :wacko:

COME ON EAST COASTERS!  You all complain about us cutting up cars.  I've been bitched at about throwing stuff away.  Somebody dump your sorry ass rusty project car and pick this one up.  Sheesh.

Yep....step up or forever STFU..... cool_shades.gif

Hey, finger.gif F-ALL-Y'ALL!

Hier gehen wir mit der Ostküste/Westküste scheiße....

ar15.gif

M
Joe Bob
BITE ME...we speak American here....
redshift
smilie_wirdgut.gif

Whatever you say, you westcoast... uhh... what derogatory would we choose, in our coast war?

M
SpecialK
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Jul 12 2005, 02:09 PM)
Uh oh, the last 914 I cut up was with you at the Palo Alto shop unsure.gif

Remember, we couldn't decide which we liked better, the plasma cutter or the sawzall.

Jon, you can just whack the consoles at the red line, longs and all, and ship them in two big chunks. I'd be more than glad to sort it out in my garage.....the '74 ain't goin' no where 'til they're replaced.
Joe Bob
The American sub dialect of "Gibberish" seems to be a common demoninator here....
SpecialK
QUOTE (Manfred Z @ Jul 12 2005, 02:35 PM)
The American sub dialect of "Gibberish" seems to be a common demoninator here....

Wow! what a coincidence! I'm half Gibberian....on my second cousin's [twice removed] side. sheeplove.gif
SpecialK
....And quit changin' the subject "Z", I'm needin' them thar parts!

Chop it Jon! Chop it! sawzall-smiley.gif blowtorch.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Special_K @ Jul 12 2005, 02:41 PM)
....And quit changin' the subject "Z", I'm needin' them thar parts!

Chop it Jon! Chop it! sawzall-smiley.gif blowtorch.gif

Ain't my car....do what ya want. Just tired of the raggers bitching about the sawzalls parties.....
hargray2
YOU ARE PSYCHO!!!

On the east coast, 914's that look that good are considered "restored" lol2.gif

YOU ARE PSYCHO!!! screwy.gif
hargray2

COME ON EAST COASTERS! You all complain about us cutting up cars. I've been bitched at about throwing stuff away. Somebody dump your sorry ass rusty project car and pick this one up. Sheesh.

You ship the car, I'll give him $3K.
jonwatts
Here are the current standings:

"I'll buy it" = 0 votes
"Chop it up, I need part X" = whole lotta votes
"Don't do it, think of the children" = a few votes

I'll entertain serious offers for the whole car until tomorrow, 6PM PST before I start serious dismantling. Think of me as the mafia boss in The Simpson's. "I do not want to do this but you are leaving me no choice. I am a legitamate businessman."

Oh, and whoever estimated $2k to ship to the east coast, that sounds way high. I'm thinking $1k at most. This car runs so it shouldn't need special attention from the shippers.

Jon
Verruckt
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Jul 12 2005, 05:01 PM)

Oh, and whoever estimated $2k to ship to the east coast, that sounds way high. I'm thinking $1k at most. This car runs so it shouldn't need special attention from the shippers.

Jon

I priced a shipment from WAAAAY north Cali, to Kansas City. was about $700. So a grand seems about right to the east coast.

I'd hate to see such a decent car cut up, but....

JIC, can you shoot me a price for the drivers front corner? Basically the area from front to behind the bucket, and from the fender to the far inside of the bucket. Seems special K beat me to the console. rolleyes.gif Oh, and any scraps of the front trunk weatherseal channel that you chop off.
Jenny
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Jul 12 2005, 04:01 PM)
"I do not want to do this but you are leaving me no choice. I am a legitamate businessman."

Fat Tony ar15.gif
jonwatts
Thank you kind lady. I think I have now found a new avatar until these proceedings are concluded.

Jenny
Think nothing of it!

Jen
McMark
QUOTE (hargray2 @ Jul 12 2005, 02:58 PM)

COME ON EAST COASTERS!  You all complain about us cutting up cars.  I've been bitched at about throwing stuff away.  Somebody dump your sorry ass rusty project car and pick this one up.  Sheesh.

You ship the car, I'll give him $3K.

So you're saying you can find cars that nice on the east coast for $4k? wacko.gif
redshift
It cost me $1500 coast-coast, back when gas was cheap.

M
bd1308
holy crap...somebody decide on this car....

I called the 904 Guage and the Battery Tray metal (from firewall to rear trunk....)
SpecialK
Hey, leave Jon alone....he has a busy day tomorrow! sawzall-smiley.gif wink.gif

I'll buy the blades! beer.gif

[and sorry "Z", I forgot to add the " biggrin.gif ", when I was hammering (more like 'lightly tapping') you about the thread hijacked.gif . wink.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 12 2005, 07:08 PM)
holy crap...somebody decide on this car....

I called the 904 Guage and the Battery Tray metal (from firewall to rear trunk....)

dry.gif that's NOT a 904 gauge... just a 911 press/temp gauge slap.gif
bd1308
oh....wait a F-N second...is it CHT or just oil temp?

sorry bout that, i've never really seen a 911, rode in one though. blindfolded and arms tied behind my back....long story

jonwatts
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 12 2005, 05:07 PM)
It cost me $1500 coast-coast, back when gas was cheap.

M

Yeah but we all know you got ripped off ohmy.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 12 2005, 07:12 PM)

sorry bout that, i've never really seen a 911, rode in one though. blindfolded and arms tied behind my back....long story

oil temp...
jonwatts
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 12 2005, 05:12 PM)

It's oil temp and oil pressure, it's a 911 gauge.

If the buyer for the engine doesn't want the gauge or the senders that drive it, you have the first shot at it.
Britain Smith
How much for the engine?

-Britain
hargray2
QUOTE (McMark @ Jul 12 2005, 03:32 PM)
[/QUOTE]
So you're saying you can find cars that nice on the east coast for $4k? wacko.gif

Well, he already said 3K. biggrin.gif
Mueller
only 6.5 hours to go before Jon starts taking the car apart smash.gif welder.gif
tat2dphreak
huh.gif I can't believe no one has stepped up that needs a rust-free car...

if I had the room and $$$ I'd buy it...

damn shame if this car gets sawzall-smiley.gif
jonwatts
Right, I believe heir burgermeister was saying $3k for the car and $1k for shipping to the rust coast.

tick tock

tick tock

ClayPerrine
You are a dhead.gif

Instead of being such a self centered asshole and cutting up a car that people here would kill for, why don't you be a man and donate the car to someone who wants a 914 badly, and would fix the car?

We have people here on the club that want a 914 badly. It won't harm you in the least to leave that car intact and on the road.

Instead you are acting like a 15 year old female cock-tease. Flaunting around what you know most of the folks here either can't afford to buy, or can't get to the car to rescue it from you.

If it were here, I would rescue it. Instead it goes to the sawzall just because you want to cut up a car.

I used to respect you.... note the use of the words "used to".

Remember, they don't make them anymore.

jimkelly
Lets raffle this thing off.

$50 a ticket - 60 tickets?

Jim

iSMelLmeTAlburNIngAlrEAdY
scotty914
jon sell the car for what you paid and a finders fee ( 500 ) so you get some thing out of it. it is too nice to cut, guys here fix cars like that for a week end project ( many week ends )

this is right along the lines of the people who threaten to kill a cat/dog what ever unless people send them money

also this is along the lines of # 4 in my mind, taking something that is nice and fucking it up. that car or #4 will never be replacable and you just want to destroy it

if you cut it up i agree with clay 10000% .... i already agree with him on the respect issue
bondo
Holy crap! If I ever need to part a car, I'm sure the hell not going to post pictures first. This is California, get over it. I have seen 914s with perfect bodies at pick-n-pull soely because they weren't pre-smog. When I was at partsheaven, I saw 914s in better shape stacked on top of each other. There are times when the parts are worth more than the car as a whole. It's his car.. he can do what he wants. He's only trying to help us out with parts by posting here. Give him a break! No matter what you think, you are not the 914 morality police. You have a say about what happens to your own car, nobody else does. Same goes for Jon. Rant over.
GTeener
Sacrifice one to save many happy11.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clay- make Jon an offer for the whole car and rescue it. Why does it have to be near you?
SpecialK
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 13 2005, 12:06 PM)
You are a dhead.gif

Instead of being such a self centered asshole and cutting up a car that people here would kill for, why don't you be a man and donate the car to someone who wants a 914 badly, and would fix the car?

We have people here on the club that want a 914 badly. It won't harm you in the least to leave that car intact and on the road.

Instead you are acting like a 15 year old female cock-tease. Flaunting around what you know most of the folks here either can't afford to buy, or can't get to the car to rescue it from you.

If it were here, I would rescue it. Instead it goes to the sawzall just because you want to cut up a car.

I used to respect you.... note the use of the words "used to".

Remember, they don't make them anymore.

<Rant off>

DAAAAAMNN Clay! ohmy.gif Pretty harsh, don't ya think?

Think of it as an "organ donor program". The metal and mechanical parts of this one car can get mine, and numerous other "cancer victims" happily toolin' down the road again. He obviously doesn't want it, and I for one am glad that he's willing to take the time and effort to part it out, rather than send it to the junkyard/crusher.

Oh, I forgot....you and Scott already have solid running cars. dry.gif
ClayPerrine
He has set an arbitrary time limit, and I can't get to California to get the car. Plus he WANTS to cut it up. That is evidenced by the price he set.

Yes, I can see cutting up the real rust buckets and using the parts to fix others. But this is NOT a rust bucket. My car was worse than that one when I started fixing it. That car deserves to be fixed, not cut up.

It's hard for anyone from the land of plentiful 914s to understand.

hargray2
What does heir burgermeister mean?
hargray2
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 13 2005, 01:02 PM)
He has set an arbitrary time limit, and I can't get to California to get the car. Plus he WANTS to cut it up. That is evidenced by the price he set.

Yes, I can see cutting up the real rust buckets and using the parts to fix others. But this is NOT a rust bucket. My car was worse than that one when I started fixing it. That car deserves to be fixed, not cut up.

agree.gif
scotty914
QUOTE (bondo @ Jul 13 2005, 12:55 PM)
It's his car.. he can do what he wants. He's only trying to help us out with parts by posting here.

your right it is his car, and you are wrong he is not trying to help us with parts he is trying to make money... he said that and there is nothing wrong with making money. but the car can be saved easily

as for the cars in the junk yards if they were whole running cars then that was wrong too, but the junk yards dont see these cars like we do.

and bondo if you car ever gets any damage and i mean fixable damage i will volunteer to fly cross country to cut yours up for ya
bondo
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 13 2005, 02:02 PM)

So where do people get parts to fix rustbuckets?
GTeener
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 13 2005, 01:02 PM)
He has set an arbitrary time limit, and I can't get to California to get the car. Plus he WANTS to cut it up.  That is evidenced by the price he set.

As I understand it, the time limit isn't really arbitrary. It's wife-itary chair.gif and storage-itary biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.