Full Version: Official 2022 Northeast 914 Gathering Info Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Big Len
23S to 46E to 3E to GSP.
StarBear
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 29 2022, 10:01 PM) *

23S to 46E to 3E to GSP.

Oh yeah. Forgot about 23. Good route from your place. Will check out Route 55 traffic from 295.
rgolia
what time are peeps planning to arrive Friday?

Any northeast PA folks planning to caravan?

I would prefer to stay off the highways...like go down 206 from Trenton?
StarBear
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jun 30 2022, 02:01 PM) *

Yep; 206 through Princeton past Trenton to 295. Should pass by Trenton about 11am-ish.
Big Len
Bring list -

Upon your arrival at the hotel, make sure your car has at least a half a tank of gas for the cruise. No fuel stops are planned.
Download Google on to your phone if not already installed.
Bring a folding chair, some cash, a bathing suit for the pool, and BYOB if you're drinking something other than water.
EZ pass might be handy for crossing inlet bridges.
If anyone has a drone camera, please bring it.
I think that's it.
Big Len
If some of you guys are coming down Rt. 206, you can stop at this gas station and fill up. They have ethenol free gas.
https://mightyjoesdeligrill.com/
sjhenry1075
Hey everyone..

Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be able to make it this year. It's just really bad timing. My daughter is sick, and we just moved into a new house so there's still a lot of unpacking to do. Also, I've had to do some work on my car, but thanks to the US Post Office, a lot of parts I've ordered keep getting "lost" pushing the work further and further back.

The good news is, the body work/paint job on my car is coming along very nicely so everything should be complete by next years event as long as the Post Office doesn't keep losing the paint.

I look forward to the posts and pics of all the cars. Have fun and drive safely everyone!
StarBear
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jul 1 2022, 10:33 AM) *

If some of you guys are coming down Rt. 206, you can stop at this gas station and fill up. They have ethenol free gas.
https://mightyjoesdeligrill.com/

Ah ha! 206S all the way from Somerville to RT 54 to north side of Vineland! Love it! And gas, too. driving.gif
BeatNavy
Sorry to hear that Steve, but we'll raise a beer in your honor beer3.gif

Congratulations on your new house. And the progress on the car!
Big Len
Hey Steve,
Sorry to hear, but priorities first.
PM me your address and I'll send out your shirts and some other things.
StarBear

@rgolia I like Len’s idea of going straight down 296 from Princeton past Trenton then on down to 54 into Vineland. How’s your planned schedule for Friday morning? Meet up east of Trenton? driving.gif
GregAmy
Unhappy I can't join you, as I'm racing at Thompson this next weekend...but coming from someone that makes the trip to NJMP from CT on a regular basis (my race car is based down there) and who drove the 914 down to NJMP last October...

If you're coming from CT or thereabouts, both Apple Maps and Waze will suggest the GWB...eff that b****h, I think she's paid off by the Port Authority. Just don't do it. Seriously, ignore her. Your best routes across the Hudson are the TPZ (I-287) or the Newburgh (I-84). The Bear Mountain Bridge is a FAAAAR better scenic drive, but put aside some time for it as there will be traffic this time of year.

After you're across the Hudson, there's three majors routes southbound:

- I-287 west to the GSP, then down to the Turnpike
- I-287 around the horn to grab the TPK south
- I-287 down to Rt 202 in Somerville, to Rt 31S down to I-295 EAST. 295 will take you to 42 then 55 down to Millville.
- I've taken 206 at the 202/206 split, but I've found 202/31 through Flemington is an easier driver with a lot less traffic than 206 through Princeton/Trenton. However, if both 295 and the NJTpke are a mess, it's a good off-Interstate ride on side roads to Vineland. Just bank in some extra time for it. 206 is also a good detour off the Tpke for back entry.

Which way I go depends on what I'm driving (Excursion, GTI, 914), whether I'm towing a trailer, and what the current traffic situation is. When I did the drive in October in the 914, school was back in, tourist traffic was nil, and I had good weather. I did the Merrit, TPZ, GSP, NJTPke run down to 206 to Vineland then across to NJMP. Even got a glimpse of a fellow 914 driver in that area (green, was it?) but they didn't see me.

Y'all have a blast, I'll be thinking about you!

Greg
OrangeBones
First one to the beach- See you all Friday.
Click to view attachment
StarBear
QUOTE(OrangeBones @ Jul 2 2022, 10:18 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Great looking car! Quite unique. See ya soon.
rmital

Click to view attachment

where's this...the Crest? Bay side??
OrangeBones
Sunset Lake Park in the Crest. Great place for a photo opp.
VaccaRabite

Click to view attachment

We will be joining you there Tuesday.

Zach
rmital
QUOTE(OrangeBones @ Jul 2 2022, 10:24 PM) *

Sunset Lake Park in the Crest. Great place for a photo opp.

thought so....we stay up the block on Stockton
we'll be there Thursday through Saturday
joining up with the gang Saturday evening
OrangeBones
I’m on Miami. PM me and I’ll shoot you my cell and maybe get out a bit before Friday in the teeners- Maybe a run over to Cape May? beerchug.gif
Th3wolf
Nice, Travis. See you soon!
I just completed the finishing touches of my 2056 and side shifter conversion project with the help of some awesome guys on this list. Can’t wait to bring it to this event! We have a pretty good representation of our Mittelmotor 914 Gruppe coming in from the Philly area. Hoping for clear weather. See you guys soon.

Click to view attachment
Big Len
Linda and I and Saigon Bob will be at the hotel on Thursday to start the process of setting up tents and everything else.
23 rooms have been reserved, which means there will be at least that many cars with a few more
coming for the day, a big group for the cruise and track.
Included in your goodie bags will be the weekend's itinerary, your shirts, a commemorative decal, raffle tickets for Saturday night's tricky tray, and a very cool surprise.
Don't forget to check Post 105 for things you might want to bring.
It's gonna be nuts.
ARE YOU READY??
nditiz1
Excited! See you all Saturday morning at the hotel. Hope the car makes it laugh.gif
Dion
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jul 5 2022, 07:44 AM) *

Excited! See you all Saturday morning at the hotel. Hope the car makes it laugh.gif

agree.gif Nothing but good karma now!
rgolia
QUOTE(StarBear @ Jul 1 2022, 05:19 PM) *

@rgolia I like Len’s idea of going straight down 296 from Princeton past Trenton then on down to 54 into Vineland. How’s your planned schedule for Friday morning? Meet up east of Trenton? driving.gif

@StarBear - I was thinking a noon- 1PM departure with maybe a lunch stop on the way or better yet hit the three3s brewing in hammonton. It opens at 3pm. If that works for you we could meet on 206 just south of I-195?
StarBear
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jul 5 2022, 01:33 PM) *

QUOTE(StarBear @ Jul 1 2022, 05:19 PM) *

@StarBear - I was thinking a noon- 1PM departure with maybe a lunch stop on the way or better yet hit the three3s brewing in hammonton. It opens at 3pm. If that works for you we could meet on 206 just south of I-195?

@rgolia We’ll be heading through Bordentown area much earlier, more like 11am, then through Columbia so as to get to Shamong for lunch about noon. An hour for lunch and leg stretch then about an hour north of the hotel, putting us in maybe 2pm-ish.
Big Len
If you're stopping for lunch on the way to the hotel, our "group buy" Friday night pizza probably won't happen until 7 pm or a little after to allow most guests to arrive. So a later lunch may be a good idea.
Big Len
Packing the "Porsche Gathering Support Vehicle"
Click to view attachment
Dion
The little Honda that has our backs! 3rd event and going strong.
Thanks Linda & Big Len.
StarBear
New tires, 3 long shakedown runs, and a fresh tank of gas. All set! Wife will be driving a support vehicle for the trip.
This is the longest excursion, by far, for Frogger in at least 30 years! beer.gif
VaccaRabite
Click to view attachment
I’m in Wildwood. Just settled into our B&B. Drive through a hellacious storm crossing the Delaware bridge.

Zach
Big Len
QUOTE(StarBear @ Jul 6 2022, 04:26 PM) *

New tires, 3 long shakedown runs, and a fresh tank of gas. All set! Wife will be driving a support vehicle for the trip.
This is the longest excursion, by far, for Frogger in at least 30 years! beer.gif

Injun Mort , an old 914er, used to have a saying -
"If your car can drive 25 miles, it can drive 125 miles".
StarBear
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jul 6 2022, 06:14 PM) *

QUOTE(StarBear @ Jul 6 2022, 04:26 PM) *

Injun Mort , an old 914er, used to have a saying -
"If your car can drive 25 miles, it can drive 125 miles".

Or 500 or so by the end of the weekend. Confident.
TonyA
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jul 6 2022, 05:19 PM) *

Click to view attachment
I’m in Wildwood. Just settled into our B&B. Drive through a hellacious storm crossing the Delaware bridge.

Zach

Zach I would get out of there ASAP looks like blood coming out of the first floor, or dripping from the balcony.
MDTerp
I won this cool shirt last year but it is XL and I have not worn it. If anyone is interested it's yours.
Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(TonyA @ Jul 6 2022, 08:27 PM) *

QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jul 6 2022, 05:19 PM) *

Zach

Zach I would get out of there ASAP looks like blood coming out of the first floor, or dripping from the balcony.

It’s my B&B now…

sawzall-smiley.gif
GregAmy
QUOTE(MDTerp @ Jul 6 2022, 10:28 PM) *

I won this cool shirt last year but it is XL and I have not worn it. If anyone is interested it's yours.

beerchug.gif

If no one claims it and you can leave it with someone at NJMP (I know people there) I'll certainly wear it with pride. - GA
BENBRO02
Fay and I will see everybody tomorrow ( if my car makes it the 150 miles). biggrin.gif
BeatNavy
Decided "what the hell?" and am taking the Lewes - Cape May ferry. I'm sure I won't be the biggest vehicle on the boat. @TonyA -- if the ferry sinks do me a solid and update the VIN registry for me, ok? smile.gif

Should be there before 4 pm if all goes well. I was so busy this year with other house projects I did hardly anything to my teener this year. I just gassed it up, put in some oil, checked the tire pressure, and cleaned the windows. No washing, waxing, buffing, vacuuming, etc. You can only put so much lipstick on a pig.

Remember fellas, if you want your teener to look good, park it next to mine.
nditiz1
agree.gif - can't polish my turd either. I'll try to put a shine on her, but you can only do so much with exposed bubbling and rust av-943.gif

Maybe we can have an award for best looking $hitbox?

I'll park at one end and you at the other so we we can make more cars look better.
rgolia
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jul 7 2022, 12:19 PM) *

Decided "what the hell?" and am taking the Lewes - Cape May ferry. I'm sure I won't be the biggest vehicle on the boat. @TonyA -- if the ferry sinks do me a solid and update the VIN registry for me, ok? smile.gif

Should be there before 4 pm if all goes well. I was so busy this year with other house projects I did hardly anything to my teener this year. I just gassed it up, put in some oil, checked the tire pressure, and cleaned the windows. No washing, waxing, buffing, vacuuming, etc. You can only put so much lipstick on a pig.

Slacker - and I was hoping you would put a dual throttle body FI system on my 914 this winter.
StarBear
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jul 7 2022, 12:42 PM) *

agree.gif - can't polish my turd either. I'll try to put a shine on her, but you can only do so much with exposed bubbling and rust av-943.gif

Maybe we can have an award for best looking $hitbox?

I'll park at one end and you at the other so we we can make more cars look better.

Hey, I’m sure they both have great personalities and are beautiful on the inside. beer.gif
BeatNavy
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jul 7 2022, 01:06 PM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jul 7 2022, 12:19 PM) *

Slacker - and I was hoping you would put a dual throttle body FI system on my 914 this winter.

You got it, Ralph! I can easily be bought for a bottle of wine. Just don't ask me to do anything cosmetic....
Big Len
Bob and I made the journey.
Click to view attachment
nditiz1
Nice shot beerchug.gif

Hey, shameless ask, if anyone has some under the chassis air flaps, I could use a set. Can you bring them? TIA
TonyA
Packed and ready for the morning trip. Following Dion if I can keep up! Click to view attachment
Geezer914
Looks like we are getting rained out. They predicted great weather for Saturday all week and on Thursday evening they are predicting rain all day Saturday! Totally sucks.
VaccaRabite
It’s 70 and overcast here in Wildwood today. No rain forecasted.
I think it’s time to go topless.
Checking out of the B&B. Going to cruise through Cape May before coming into Vineland for the meet this afternoon.

Click to view attachment

See you all this afternoon!
VaccaRabite
On Thursday morning the rain was pouring in sideways most the night till about 9:30 am. But it cleared out and didn’t come back!

Left the stairs going down a little sketchy though.
Click to view attachment

Amy and I walked about 6 miles exploring the area on foot (I’ve never been to Wildwood, and I really like it) and we finally got to swim in the ocean in the late afternoon- early evening. Big waves for the MidAtlantic! 4 foot breakers are big when you are used to tiny tiny ripples most of the time, so the storm did good there. Certainly not west coast waves, but those can get too big to swim in (and really cold).

Zach
theer
Halfway there! We drove down to my mom’s place in NY last night. See y’all this afternoon.

We passed a really nice green 914 on 84 Westbound coming through CT. I haven’t seen another 914 in the wild in decades. Anyone here? Maybe headed to NJ??

Click to view attachment
Big Len
Setting up.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.