Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official 2022 Northeast 914 Gathering Info Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Th3wolf
Great time and great event. In spite of the weather we made the best of it and had a really nice time together. Thanks Len, Bob and team and the awesome sponsors that supported us and the fun silent auction! Too bad this is only once per year. Hope to see you all again soon.
Dave #71
wonkipop
QUOTE(StarBear @ Jul 11 2022, 06:49 AM) *

The complete line of classic air-cooled beers from 914 Brewing:
+ 70-6 East Coast IPA. “Loud N’ fast”. Rory Gallagher’s car
+ Creamsicle Cream Ale. “Smooth and cool”. Tony Alber’s car
+ D-Jet 2.0 Bohemian Pilsner. “Czechmate!” Bruce and Ellen Hayes’ car (new to the stable)
+ Bumblebee Lemon Drop IPA. “Just a little stinger”. Ian Karr’s car
+ L-Jet Summer Ale. “Feel the breeze”. Steve Rice’s car
+ Gathering German Pilsner. “The Northeast’s finest”. Honoring Len and Bob for their work to make this year’s event happen. With shouts out to Linda and Ellen, and the vendors, too!
Caps and neck labels are color coded and feature our special 5-speed shift knob. The labels display photos of the owners’ actual cars.
beer3.gif
Click to view attachment

love the beeeeeeeeahs. beerchug.gif
might have been almost worth a 30 hour quantarse flight with a mask on to score a 6 pack of that fine selection of palate cleansers.

good work.

i'd kill to see a carpark full of 70s colors adorning low slung real sportscars. beer.gif

i'm digging the photo above of the line of cars with the two in front with their tits out. blink.gif
saigon71
Zach with a stellar emergency repair, jackstands at the ready if needed:

Click to view attachment

saigon71
Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
I saw pictures of Ed ...
... but I didn't see any of his 914s.
ChrisFoley
Love the beer btw
StarBear
QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ Jul 12 2022, 07:15 PM) *

I saw pictures of Ed ...

Ed was there but drove a non 914 to the event. A long drive though another came from MA, one from Pittsburgh and one from Buffalo!
saigon71
QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ Jul 12 2022, 07:15 PM) *

I saw pictures of Ed ...

Strangely fortunate. I don't think he would have enough space in his 914 for all of his raffle prizes. biggrin.gif

Congrats Ed! beerchug.gif
JmuRiz
Looks like a good time, is it bad I'm most jealous of this!!!
IPB Image
TonyA
Strange indeed Bob confused24.gif . Congrats Ed smilie_pokal.gif
StarBear
Len thinks, "It's Christmas morning!". Bob thinks, "Oh, boy, four more for this evening!".
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Big Len
Been meaning to give a couple of final thoughts for the last day or two, so here goes-

For the last 3 years of getting together, this is a great group to have fun with. Unpretentious, knowledgeable, easy going, lots of laughs, and always willing to help. Even with the rain on Saturday, not one complaint except maybe from me. Not to mention the iron they brought, truly amazing cars. Not one breakdown and only a light repair by Zach in the lot. Even Ralph didn't need a repair.

Lots of first timers came as well and it was a pleasure meeting the guys. We even had some PCA members from The South Jersey PCA Schattenbaum Region. Much thanks to Arnie Cohen, the region's president and Nick K., it's VP. Thank you for your attendance and your advice.

The vendor donations were incredibly generous. Bob will do a post with pics soon. I did receive 4 packages after Linda and I left (we left a day early) from Oscar (you're crazy hahaha), Restoration Design, RIX914, and Pelican, so I'll store them for next year in the boxes they came in. Thank you, our 914 vendors are the best.

The hotel and the staff was terrific. They provided every request I asked, so please, if you go on one of those travel websites like Trip Advisor or Expedia, give them a good review. They earned it. I sent a commendation letter to the Hampton Inn's regional manager for everyone from housekeeping to food service to the front desk.

Star Bear (Steve Rice) blew the roof off with the custom made beer bottles. He had to have his wife Debbie follow him down with a carload of beer. Great job Deb!

Special thanks to Ellen Hays for all the support. Ellen doesn't mess around and I hope she's willing to have her role increased next year. Her and husband Bruce know the PCA better than most, so maybe they would be willing to be the Gathering's liaison with the Porsche Club. We'll talk Ellen, soon !!!

I couldn't have a better partner in crime than Bob Hill (Saigon Bob). We met years ago at the Hershey Swap meet autocross when he thought creating his own course through the cones would score more points. Amazing job, thank you.

We were missing a few regulars, namely Rory G. and Joe M., Ian, Mark E. Jon. Hope to see ya next year. And the cake was for Dave Toppin, another key player, who we hope feels better fast. We miss that stunning car too.

My wife Linda, like Ellen, is another ass kicker too (as some may have noticed hahaha). She gets shit done and I don't have to ask twice. Thank you honey.

One problem that has emerged are the shirts. In order to save a few dollars, I went with another supplier. The shirts came out a bit dull, but the real concern is when you was them. Even in cold water, some of the ink went down the drain. I am presently in negotiation with the supplier to get a refund. If that happens, I thought to divide the amount and send the proceeds out through Paypal. That would seem fair, but if you have another idea, let me know.
TonyA
Keep the dough/ money, for cookie dough clap56.gif
StarBear
QUOTE(TonyA @ Jul 14 2022, 08:03 PM) *

agree.gif
TonyA
For those that were admiring all the custom car covers this past weekend. Reach out to Ironhill restorations in 914 World Perry Kiehl
BeatNavy
QUOTE(TonyA @ Jul 14 2022, 08:03 PM) *

agree.gif

And I never agree with Tony on anything biggrin.gif

Len, you, Linda, Bob and others were great. Thanks again for awesome weekend. Thanks to Steve and Debbie for the beer, and hope to see Dave next year.
StarBear
Found the pic of our group going over the causeway. Great view!
Click to view attachment
14carrot
Cheers for a great event Len!

Darn, missed it again! Must get down there in the near future. And that beer was brilliant!

Everyone here is always welcome to join us at Mosport on the Canadian Civic Holiday weekend at the PCA Can Am club race. PCA members can camp out and on Sunday July 31st we'll be doing a car corral and about 35 minutes of parade laps of the GP circuit, all FREE!!

You can check out our SIG 914 thread right here in the garage forum for more info.

Gotta catch up with Tony A beerchug.gif No doubt Tony has made a display case for that Creamsicle bottle;)

Click to view attachment by
Maltese Falcon
From my vantage point (Casablanca)* the NE gathering looks awesome. I'm digging the '21 event shirt having my Sunday mango margaritas; because it's like Work tomorrow welder.gif
* Venice Beach, CA

marty914.jpg
Big Len
Guys,
Here's the deal with the shirts. I managed to get a refund of nearly half the money I paid for the crappy shirts. Bob and I discussed it and it seems the fairest thing to do is offer everyone who registered a $10 refund for every shirt. So you have 2 choices - Either I can send it back to you via Paypal, just PM me or I can hold it until next year and reduce next year's registration fee by that amount. It's up to you. If I don't hear from you, I'll hold it for 2023.
StarBear
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jul 18 2022, 10:42 AM) *

Guys,
Here's the deal with the shirts. I managed to get a refund of nearly half the money I paid for the crappy shirts. Bob and I discussed it and it seems the fairest thing to do is offer everyone who registered a $10 refund for every shirt. So you have 2 choices - Either I can send it back to you via Paypal, just PM me or I can hold it until next year and reduce next year's registration fee by that amount. It's up to you. If I don't hear from you, I'll hold it for 2023.

Ok; send to PP. Thanks again for all you’re doing for us!
VaccaRabite
Put it in for next year Len. Or use it for next years event. Whichever.

Zach
Dion
Put it towards next years event. Thanks Len.
TonyA
QUOTE(14carrot @ Jul 16 2022, 11:18 PM) *

Cheers for a great event Len!

Darn, missed it again! Must get down there in the near future. And that beer was brilliant!

Everyone here is always welcome to join us at Mosport on the Canadian Civic Holiday weekend at the PCA Can Am club race. PCA members can camp out and on Sunday July 31st we'll be doing a car corral and about 35 minutes of parade laps of the GP circuit, all FREE!!

You can check out our SIG 914 thread right here in the garage forum for more info.

Gotta catch up with Tony A beerchug.gif No doubt Tony has made a display case for that Creamsicle bottle;)

Click to view attachment by

Love that picture. That's me two cars up. I think I was the slowest car there. I will try and make it up there for some camping but don't think I will be towing or driving the teener up there. Ah beerchug.gif
Olympic 914
QUOTE(Dion @ Jul 18 2022, 12:53 PM) *

Put it towards next years event. Thanks Len.

agree.gif
MDTerp

Guys,

Put it towards next year.
theer
Put it toward next year - thanks Len & Co!
rgalla9146
Pay it forward x 2
BENBRO02
Put it in for next years event. Most of us will probably still be alive and kickin’ piratenanner.gif
StarBear
QUOTE(StarBear @ Jul 18 2022, 12:06 PM) *

Guys,

Ok; send to PP. Thanks again for all you’re doing for us!

Len; never mind. I’ll go with group think and push it to next year, or offset your cost this year. biggrin.gif
rgolia
Thank you Len, Linda and the rest of the NE Gathering team for doing this. Great times with great people and fun cars. Cant wait till next year. Where we going? piratenanner.gif
saigon71
Ellen forwarded some event pics to share - thank you Ellen! beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.