Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official 2022 Northeast 914 Gathering Info Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Big Len
16 of 25 rooms have been reserved. So by my calculation, there are....um, carry the one,..... nine left.
Dr Evil
Sounds fun, wish I could make this one but have family stuff right before and too many irons in the fire. However, Ill be donating for the raffle. Getting email ready to send to Bob.
Spoke
I won't be able to make it this year. It was fun last year especially participating in an entire serial of 914's doing a U-turn on Main Street when we missed the turn to the bridge.

I will donate two sets of 914 LED brake lights for the raffle; a set of square patterned LEDs and round pattern like shown here. This is my 914 with round brake and turnsignals.
saigon71
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 30 2022, 04:37 PM) *

Happy to be a part of another killer NEG event! smilie_pokal.gif

Go Len Go!

Thank you for you continued support Eric! beerchug.gif
saigon71
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 3 2022, 09:21 PM) *

Sounds fun, wish I could make this one but have family stuff right before and too many irons in the fire. However, Ill be donating for the raffle. Getting email ready to send to Bob.

It would be great to have you join sometime Doc. Thank you for your generousity in supporting this event! beerchug.gif
saigon71
QUOTE(Spoke @ May 4 2022, 04:09 PM) *

I won't be able to make it this year. It was fun last year especially participating in an entire serial of 914's doing a U-turn on Main Street when we missed the turn to the bridge.

I will donate two sets of 914 LED brake lights for the raffle; a set of square patterned LEDs and round pattern like shown here. This is my 914 with round brake and turnsignals.

Your led brake lights are always a popular item - thank you Jerry!

I remember the main street U-turn. smile.gif
StarBear
As last year, maybe we can bring our small spare parts to share with others. I have two parking brake switches (PN 133947561 - with the double 3mm spade) and a nice used J-tube for anyone who wants them. Pics below. Free, little parts.
Also, does anyone have a correctly-shaped rear shift boot cover band with the snap/click link (PN 91442450301; see alternate screw version http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/h...n=91442450301#a )? I'm currently using a black zip tie that works pretty well.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Big Len
QUOTE(StarBear @ May 5 2022, 10:55 AM) *

As last year, maybe we can bring our small spare parts to share with others. I have two parking brake switches (PN 133947561 - with the double 3mm spade) and a nice used J-tube for anyone who wants them. Pics below. Free, little parts.
Also, does anyone have a correctly-shaped rear shift boot cover band with the snap/click link (PN 91442450301; see alternate screw version http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/h...n=91442450301#a )? I'm currently using a black zip tie that works pretty well.
Click to view attachment
[attachmentid=83
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Steve, my car never had a parking brake switch, so I will def take one. The boot and clamp are available at 914Rubber.
sjhenry1075
QUOTE(StarBear @ May 5 2022, 10:55 AM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I have some trunk rollers and torsion bar tools I can bring as well.
StarBear
@sjhenry1075 Sure! Mine are original so would be glad to get a set of rollers and the tool. One never knows…… biggrin.gif
sjhenry1075
QUOTE(StarBear @ May 10 2022, 05:39 PM) *

@sjhenry1075 Sure! Mine are original so would be glad to get a set of rollers and the tool. One never knows…… biggrin.gif

The tool definitely makes the job a lot safer!
StarBear
Getting "Frogger" ready to roll for the Gathering! Need to replace the shift rod rear crown bushing (shifter getting sloppy lately), an oil refresh, an order of a few extra spare parts, and a full tank of gas, then ready to rev up those 70+ HP of air-cooled fun! piratenanner.gif
Click to view attachment
Big Len
The car looks great Steve. Fuel has now become the most expensive maintenance item.
StarBear
QUOTE(Big Len @ May 11 2022, 04:04 PM) *

The car looks great Steve. Fuel has now become the most expensive maintenance item.

For the car, indeed. Otherwise, it's a wife (usually). Just bought a new car today (Mazda CX-50) to replace her 13-year old RAV4 (6 cylinder! - which is running and looking just fine, IMHO....) dry.gif
PCA7GGR
Deleted
Big Len
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ May 12 2022, 12:36 AM) *

I’m unable to attend but would like to donate a raffle goodie IF……

Someone that is going would be Will to swing by my place, pick it up and take it to the event. Shipping has become prohibitive. The item is flat and would not take up up much space.

I’m located in the SF East Bay Area - Dublin. Thanks

Sergio
AKA “PCA7GGR”
The GTLid Whisperer

I think this was meant for the WCR thread.
Big Len
Can anyone bring a camera drone with them?
Big Len
Here's the route. Bring an EZ Pass because there are 2 inlet bridges with tolls. Or bring 4 singles. The only stops are at the East Point Lighthouse and finally at NJ Motorsports Park.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hampton+Inn...#33;3e0!4e1
Big Len
Hey guys, a couple of things -
The Cutoff date for shirts is June 17th. I won't be able to order anymore after that date to allow the shirts makers time for production and delivery. They're going to be really nice.

I also want to mention something about the route, post 68. South Jersey does not lend itself well to an exciting cruise. The roads are fairly straight, mostly flat, and kinda boring. 85-90% of the route should be at least interesting, scenic and relatively free of traffic. It's the remaining 10 or 15% leading through Wildwood down to Cape May that will be challenging. There are many lights, a few left and right turns, some tolls over the inlet bridges, and a few cars with families checking out of their hotel rooms mostly going in the opposite direction.

The bright spot is when you are at the hotel, you'll open Google Maps on your phone and add the locations or waypoints listed on the left side of the route. This will ensure you have turn by turn directions and can easily follow the exact pathway. If you get separated from the group, you will remain on the right roads and we will designate a safe place after Cape May to regroup. It should be no problem.
The only scheduled stops will be at the East Point Light House and finally the track. 6 more weeks.
StarBear
Never plotted trip pints on Maps before. Still learning new tricks.
Got my first pre-trip task done today -replacing the side shift friction bushing. Shifting feels WAY different (and tight). biggrin.gif
Big Len
I use it all the time. Maybe I'll make a video.
cause
in there like swimwear! looking forward to getting my porsche back from paint and body
Big Len
Looking forward to seeing it Parker.
And of course you and Dad.
Big Len
There seems to be a problem with the posted link as it's not giving the group rate. I will call the hotel on Monday to have them correct it. Calling the hotel and using the group rate code "Northeast 914" is still an option.

Sunday, June 19th, is the very last day for shirt orders. After that, there's no way to add anymore.
Olympic 914
Getting close.

I am ready.

(Bump)
OrangeBones
I’m in and I’ll be bringing my son Luke (11) as navigator and go kart ringer. I’ve got a place in the Crest - the beaches are huge and crowds are smaller if people are looking for a place to go post gathering I’d recommend there over Wildwood.
-Travis
Big Len
Great Travis.
We'll make him lead navigator.
saigon71
I'm flying solo this year (long story). If anyone is interested in splitting a room (with 2 queen beds) to save some ca$h, shoot me a PM.
Dion
@saigon71 , sent you a text buddy.
Big Len
That's it guys, registration is closed.
The hotel is booked and the shirt order has been sent.
Linda and I can't wait to see everyone.
rgalla9146
Yes !
Looking forward to it.
Hint, hint polished my crank today. No rude comments please.
Can I surround it with other goodies so it gets me there ?
Big Len
Do you know how difficult ( I won't use "hard") to hold back an unflattering comment?
VaccaRabite
Click to view attachment

Getting the 914 cleaned up. While I was painting the bus a good amount of overspray landed on the 914 somehow getting around the walls in my shop. Fun times! But this car has not been polished in about 7 years and the paint was looking really shitty. Starting to get its shine back. I painted this car 15 years ago and it’s really starting to show. Dings, chips, scratches, and a couple thin spots where things have rubbed against it over time.

We are going to be in Jersey from the 6th at the beach and then going to the NEG hotel that Friday to meet up with everyone. Going to make a proper vacation out of it.

Zach
nditiz1
Len,

I just signed up. Saw that Shirt cutoff was last week. Hope I can still get a Large. See you all in a few weeks!
Big Len
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jun 22 2022, 11:21 AM) *

Len,

I just signed up. Saw that Shirt cutoff was last week. Hope I can still get a Large. See you all in a few weeks!

I called the shirtmaker and i think I have you covered Nick. I'll let you know later.
Big Len
Looks like you're in, Nick.
Should I say it? Hell yes, just in the nick of time.
nditiz1
Excellent, I'll be running up the SHIgTbox-6

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
The raffle/ doorprize courtesy of @Maltese Falcon and @MATTYLITE of MSDS, Inc. Glendale, Cal.
T4 exhaust header system (ceramic coat not inc.)
Enjoy the Show !
marty914.jpg
Click to view attachment
Big Len
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 22 2022, 11:30 PM) *

The raffle/ doorprize courtesy of @Maltese Falcon and @MATTYLITE of MSDS, Inc. Glendale, Cal.
Enjoy the Show !
marty914.jpg
Click to view attachment

Wow awesome!!! Thank you so much . The winner is going to go nuts.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 23 2022, 11:38 AM) *

Wow awesome!!! Thank you so much . The winner is going to go nuts.

agree.gif That's extremely generous fellas. Thanks for supporting the cause beer.gif
StarBear
QUOTE(Big Len @ May 25 2022, 06:11 PM) *

Here's the route. Bring an EZ Pass because there are 2 inlet bridges with tolls. Or bring 4 singles. The only stops are at the East Point Lighthouse and finally at NJ Motorsports Park.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hampton+Inn...#33;3e0!4e1

Len; Looks like one needs the Google Maps app and/or Google account to load the offline map? huh.gif
TonyA

Enjoy the Show !
marty914.jpg
Click to view attachment

WOW not going stock anymore!!!!! Very Generous!! piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif

THANKS
saigon71

Enjoy the Show !
marty914.jpg
Click to view attachment

drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
Big Len
In a week or so, I'll post a "what to bring" list, but included in that will be adding Google to your phone if you want visual and audible directions for the cruise. I would think most people have it?
StarBear
Getting new rubber for the trip; current ones not many miles but 12 years old. Thought that alignments were off, too. WAY off with big toe in. This should make the driving much more enjoyable - and safer! biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
BENBRO02
QUOTE(Big Len @ May 11 2022, 04:04 PM) *

That car really looks great! I like the Zambezi green with the black bumpers and the brown interior.
StarBear
Anyone coming down/through Morristown or Princeton? Thinking of going down 287 to 206 then 295 to 55, then East to Vineland. GSP and NJ Turnpike scare me, even in the Toyota. beer.gif
StarBear
QUOTE(StarBear @ Jun 29 2022, 09:47 AM) *

Getting new rubber for the trip; current ones not many miles but 12 years old. Thought that alignments were off, too. WAY off with big toe in. This should make the driving much more enjoyable - and safer! biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

Like the song, What a Feeling! Smooth with no hum at 50+mph. Conti True Contact Tours. Alignments were way off. Getting ready!
Big Len
Good to see your getting excited Steve. I know I am.
I'm coming down from near the top of NJ, and the fastest way is getting to the GSP to the Turnpike, but with so many semis, I hate being eye level with giant lug nuts. But it would shave about 30 miles as opposed to staying on the Parkway. 3 hours vs 3.5.
The way you're going may contain a lot of lights on 206, no?
StarBear
Yep, a lot of lights. About 2.5 hours but I’m starting a good 30+ min south of you. You’ll go 80 to GSP, or 80 to 287 to 24 to GSP?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.