Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lou's Paint and bodywork progress thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
tdgray
Love the wheels Lou... putting some mini-lites on the MGA next year.
So.Cal.914

I'm looking forward to moving the car from the storage unit in So Cal and getting back to work on it up here in Oregon.

Good, cause you will need something cool to drive down here in.
computers4kids
Lou, you're INSANE...in a good way. I just went through your entire blog and I'm tired just thinking about all that you have done. I've have never seen such attention to detail. You will have one beautiful car one day...is there an engine for this project?

PS Good to meet you at Jamie's BBQ. I wish I had seen your thread before we talked...I had no idea.
914Tom
any progress on the projekt ...
need some motivation to go in my garage next weekend biggrin.gif

TOM
euro911
agree.gif

Progress report is over due, Lou shades.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 8 2008, 10:09 PM) *

agree.gif

Progress report is over due, Lou shades.gif

agree.gif agree.gif
Lou, what color did you decide on???? If I remember correctly you were trying to decide. Go Yellow w00t.gif

Tom
Ferg
w00t.gif bye1.gif
So.Cal.914
While searching for D.B. Cooper's lost Loot, Lou was kidnapped by Big Foot, stuffed into a UFO and spirited to a really bizaar location. You know...Oregon... smile.gif
r_towle
Great work!!!
Lou W
Hi guys, nope, no UFO's or bigfoot bye1.gif But I did send my daughter of to Cal State Fullerton a couple of weeks ago. On the car: I've been collecting parts again. Bought a "six" tranny from Thomas along with a couple of smaller items. Yah, I've definatley narrowed it down to Adriatic Blue or Speed Yellow. I'm getting settled in here in Roseburg, everything is out of storage and in my garage again (yahoo) beer.gif I'm getting the garage ready so that I can get back to work on my car, fortuantly, I havn't lost any interest, in fact, watching what some of the people are doing to their cars, has been an inspiration to get back on mine. The next big thing in line is to cut the "four" engine mounts out and set the front end up for the oil cooler that I got from bdstone. Pictures to follow. smile.gif
Ferg
I'd just like to say, Adriatic Blue aktion035.gif

That whole yellow thing is a myth.

Ferg biggrin.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 10 2008, 08:00 AM) *

I'd just like to say, Adriatic Blue aktion035.gif

Ferg biggrin.gif

I don't agree about the whole...Myth...Thing. (Saturn Yellow) But I agree with the Adriatic Blue.

Let me see if I can find this pic Lou, I think you will agree too. smile.gif
So.Cal.914
Ok Lou, first congratts on raising a kid that wants higher education. And I am not talking about the 'Higher' education that we got in the 70's. Hope all is well with you and the Family.

Now it is a GT style but I thought that this was one of the cleanest little 'PlayToys' I have seen. And I love the color.

The narrow body is borrowed from the color chart site, from your 'Neck of the Woods'. smile.gif Don't be a stranger. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
TJB/914
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Sep 10 2008, 07:52 AM) *

Ok Lou, first congratts on raising a kid that wants higher education. And I am not talking about the 'Higher' education that we got in the 70's. Hope all is well with you and the Family.

Now it is a GT style but I thought that this was one of the cleanest little 'PlayToys' I have seen. And I love the color.

The narrow body is borrowed from the color chart site, from your 'Neck of the Woods'. smile.gif Don't be a stranger. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

So.Cal.914

I agree Adriatic Blue would look great on Lou's 914. Here's a few blue/yellow comparisons from my archives. We don't need more yellow, mine is enough.

Tom
Lou W
Thanks on the comments about my daughter, her mom and I are pretty excited about her going there. Cal State colleges have become very expenesive, about $21,000.00 a year including on campus living, fortunatly, she has gotten a couple of scholarships and grants, but still, that's not covering everything. She finished out her senior year in high school with a 4.0 even with all the distractions from the divorce. She's very happy with her selection of schools.

I'm hoping that I can put an end to the myth about yellow cars being faster, even though, I've noticed that my internet does run faster when I use the Canary Yellow backdrop here. biggrin.gif

Thanks for posting the pictures, Thomas, that yellow sure does look good. smile.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Lou W @ Sep 10 2008, 12:10 AM) *

Hi guys, nope, no UFO's or bigfoot bye1.gif But I did send my daughter of to Cal State Fullerton a couple of weeks ago. On the car: I've been collecting parts again. Bought a "six" tranny from Thomas along with a couple of smaller items. Yah, I've definatley narrowed it down to Adriatic Blue or Speed Yellow. I'm getting settled in here in Roseburg, everything is out of storage and in my garage again (yahoo) beer.gif I'm getting the garage ready so that I can get back to work on my car, fortuantly, I havn't lost any interest, in fact, watching what some of the people are doing to their cars, has been an inspiration to get back on mine. The next big thing in line is to cut the "four" engine mounts out and set the front end up for the oil cooler that I got from bdstone. Pictures to follow. smile.gif

Hey! I went to Cal State Fullerton. I'm even old enough to remember when they held elephant races on the campus. Dem teechurs edumakated me reel gud. biggrin.gif
Ferg
icon_bump.gif

Everyone seems to be bumping favorite project threads, my turn. I'm still betting on Blue biggrin.gif .

Ferg beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea

Huh? confused24.gif
Lou W
I saw a really nice blue gray metalic yesterday on a new Challenger, it's called Blue Pearl.... as time goes on, I'm leaning back to the original Alaska Blue, but that Blue Pearl was nice looking. smile.gif

Thanks Ferg. Eric, I've been told that Yellow colors are good for an extra 5 to 7 miles per hour, Lawn furniture Green colors are slower. happy11.gif
veltror
I am thinking for speed yellow on mine when it is done anybody paint one in speed yellow yet?
Ferg
Ever notice how many yellow 914's have window tint, even the driver does not want to be seen in it poke.gif popcorn[1].gif

Lou, just googled the Blue Pearl, nice! My rubicon is Deep Water Blue a bit darker.

Ferg
craig downs
Come on Lou you have been talking about what color for over a year now. Its time to paint.

Strudelwagon
QUOTE(craig downs @ Dec 3 2009, 09:01 PM) *

Come on Lou you have been talking about what color for over a year now. Its time to paint.

I have to admit that when I finally gave up on the stock colour, it was hard to decide and commit to a different colour. I ended up going Viper green/Emerald green from the original Saraha Beige. Mine is not going to be a CW car so I went with something I could live with for a long time.

Good luck and your car will look amazing.
SW
Eric_Shea
even the driver does not want to be seen in it

Don't start Mr. stromberg.gif Brown
Ferg
laugh.gif You had the chance to paint your GT Brown, instead you drank the koolaid shades.gif
porsche_dreamer
Whats the word on this project these days?
Lou W
I picked up a Rich Johnson Six Mount awhile back and I want to remove the original Four mounts like Sir Andy did on his car when I get back to work on it again. The economy is still pretty rough up here and I even considered putting it on the market. So, I'm in kinda a hold pattern right now. sad.gif

Following some of these build threads, sure makes we want to get back on it though.
Lou W
Hi guys, here is a recent picture showing some paint on my old car, it's great to have someone take this project over and see it through its completion. I do miss it.
Ferg
Marks a great guy Lou, he has been sending me the pics of progress. I plan to see it person soon.
toon1
QUOTE(Lou W @ Feb 23 2013, 10:02 PM) *

Hi guys, here is a recent picture showing some paint on my old car, it's great to have someone take this project over and see it through its completion. I do miss it.

Body and paint is a ton of work without the in depth knowladge and power tools. I spent months on mine. Filling and sanding in the front yard. The final outcome was great but I have no desire to do it again.
andys
QUOTE(toon1 @ Feb 24 2013, 10:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Lou W @ Feb 23 2013, 10:02 PM) *

Body and paint is a ton of work without the in depth knowladge and power tools. I spent months on mine. Filling and sanding in the front yard. The final outcome was great but I have no desire to do it again.

Ditto! I'll never do another one again.....way too much work!

Andys
Lou W
QUOTE(Ferg @ Feb 24 2013, 08:44 AM) *

Marks a great guy Lou, he has been sending me the pics of progress. I plan to see it person soon.

Ya he's a great guy. That's great, I'm looking forward to seeing to sometime.
Lou W
Thanks Ferg for posting this picture on FB smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.