Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: replying to every topic is not mandatory
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
mightyohm
Maybe I am being cranky today but I feel like the "signal to noise ratio" on the board is going down. Has anyone else noticed this? I feel like some people make it a point to reply to every single topic, whether they have something to contribute or not. Most of the topic reply emails I get are because of these kinds of posts. Just getting a little tired of it, that's all... confused24.gif
G e o r g e
Jeff

can you lock this topic so that there are no unwarranted post happy11.gif

Twystd1
Your post made me get a giggle.

I was thinking the same thing last week.

Then I realized the REAL problem was my dissatisfaction with my own self.

It had nothing to do with "Others"

Man... I crack me up with my own behavior sometimes.....

Cheers,
Clayton
TonyAKAVW
anthony
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Oct 23 2006, 05:39 PM) *

Maybe I am being cranky today but I feel like the "signal to noise ratio" on the board is going down. Has anyone else noticed this? I feel like some people make it a point to reply to every single topic, whether they have something to contribute or not. Most of the topic reply emails I get are because of these kinds of posts. Just getting a little tired of it, that's all... confused24.gif

Amen brother. I've blocked one person's posts because almost every post has zero actual content.
rick 918-S
You forgot to add OT to your post title. But I guess this is the garage. Lots of people post stuff whether they have something to contribute or not. happy11.gif
Rouser
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Oct 23 2006, 08:39 PM) *

I feel like some people make it a point to reply to every single topic, whether they have something to contribute or not.

The term is Post Whore, and it's rampant.

I'm trying to develop an ointment to apply to your monitor, but it gets all over the keyboard, making them stickyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rouser @ Oct 23 2006, 06:31 PM) *

rampant

i had to look that one up ...
http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=...t&relink=on

i just learned a new word!
biggrin.gif Andy
TROJANMAN
did somebody say .....................

Click to view attachment

cool_shades.gif

shoguneagle
Jeff, you are getting old and cranky!! I know what you are saying but when it comes right down to it, we have a great board which has many different personalities, etc. I can take it when people answer a question but do not seen to have anything to contribute. Going further, Once a while people seem to get on a topic which they cannot let go off; often, it seems it may become personally vendictive.

We just have to remember, when the chips are down this board has demonstrated time and again it desire to help ans assist any and all members.

I sure miss the Bay Area and the involvement. Keep the faith and you will soon get back involved in the meaningful conversations and information. Afterall, you moved from "Sillycon Valley" to milking, dairy, and chicken farming area. I know, it is now a bedroom community to the Bay Area. I only grew up in that area as a kid and remember it as such.

By the way, Jeff, Hello

Nice to hear you are still alive.

Steve Hurt
kconway
I'm no post whore...Bro.
URY914
Please stay on topic.

biggrin.gif
MattR
Maybe they are just admins in training?

biggrin.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Oct 23 2006, 08:39 PM) *
Most of the topic reply emails I get are because of these kinds of posts.

You get reply emails to topics here? You are a brave man. I can barely keep my head above water with just work related emails and many of those are worthless. Like when someone asks a question to someone with 10 people copied; the person responds with the answer, and the askee then replies to everyone with "Thx".

A Runaway Email Story:
A few years ago my company had about 50K employees around the world and in Murray Hill, NJ, there was a ethnic festival where people brought in things from their country to show. Someone had some decorative eggs misplaced or stolen.

The person started a thread appropriately called "Decorative Eggs" asking if anyone knew where the eggs went and proceeded to use a company-wide email alias.

People from around the world replied to the same company-wide alias saying something like "Why did you send this to me? I'm in India and was not in Murray Hill.".

Others answered back to the same alias with "Stop sending these emails to me".

Then others answered back to the same alias trying to explain to people not to use the company-wide alias.

In all, there were about 500 emails sent in a 2 week period; the most being about 75 the first day. That was real email stupidity.

Spoke
SirAndy
QUOTE(MattR @ Oct 23 2006, 06:42 PM) *

Maybe they are just admins in training?

you little ...
Crazyhippy
so i should have something to add to the topic here....

Whoops

BJ(post giggilo in training)H biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
oh well... adds to the character here...

makes it fun....

this post has nothing to add... i must be on the hit list now....

or you could crawl back into your cave and unsubscribe smile.gif
TROJANMAN
hey aaron, how do you like those sandals?

i thought all coke bottles were twist off these days. what do you use them for idea.gif

ooops, did i just ................hijacked.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Oct 23 2006, 07:47 PM) *

hey aaron, how do you like those sandals?

i thought all coke bottles were twist off these days. what do you use them for idea.gif

ooops, did i just hijacked.gif

i call em the "frogs"... fuggin bright green and yellow..... nice and comfy.... and my friends all got a kick out of the color combo.... fits my personality well smile.gif

thanks for the lead...

oh... and you are a terrost for hijacking a thread! LOL ph34r.gif

they worked well on a 12-er of rolling rock
shoguneagle
Jeff,

Are you Admin in training.........You Lit'l ......>...............

Steve Hurt
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 23 2006, 06:48 PM) *

oh... and you are a terrost for hijacking a thread! LOL ph34r.gif

Well, at least i'm not a

POST WHORE
ph34r.gif

they worked well on a 12-er of rolling rock

why don't you just drink Aarow Head?
Whoever said you can't pull water from a rock, was WRONG! chairfall.gif
swood
I'm so thankful for the blocking feature. I'm less annoyed...smile.gif
Dr Evil
Hey Jeff
Dr Evil
Hey Jeff biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Hello Jeff mueba.gif tongue.gif
Dr Evil
Who loves ya man? wink.gif

Twystd1
UUUmmmm...

I'm sorry to interrupt everything...

But....

Is this....

The X19 Board?

Does anyone know the way to the Fiat roundup?

And do i use feeling gauge when setting the points?

C
G e o r g e
Mike, AKA Dr. Evil

hey i was down south of the border at Los Pancho's last friday

and i asked about upholstery pricing, and the first words out of there mouth was

mike is who we deal with, do you know him?

so next time your on the west coast you need to stop by and say hello,

they miss you. beerchug.gif
Flat VW
upholstery whore, or would that be upholstery pimp? confused24.gif

John happy11.gif

P.S. wavey.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(George H. @ Oct 24 2006, 12:35 AM) *

Mike, AKA Dr. Evil

hey i was down south of the border at Los Pancho's last friday

and i asked about upolstery pricing, and the first words out of there mouth was

mike is who we deal with, do you know him?

so next time your on the west coast you need to stop by and say hello,

they miss you. beerchug.gif

Hey George,
I havent dealt with them in over a year now. They started getting shoddy in their work. Since their work force rotates through you never know who you will get. I was having to travel down there 3 times to get one piece done (2 hours coming back across the boarder). I ended up parking in the US and walking the 20 min to the shop. too much hassel and the prices started to jump. If you say you know me they will likely give you a better price because they will think that I told you what to pay wink.gif
Joe Bob
So is this the "Let's shit on admins" thread?
bd1308
I'm the post whore, right?

I was waiting for the punchline from the peanut gallery
Toast
Click to view attachment

And now.....,because I post only 914 technical knowledge to threads......, a gratuitous pic of Toast's car Before the 2003 Tijuana painting. (Notice rust on trunk and by antanna and the..........gasp.......side markers icon8.gif )

Click to view attachment
LuckieO
-6,949 posts laugh.gif chairfall.gif clap56.gif
Aaron Cox
huh
Bleyseng
popcorn[1].gif

clap56.gif
So.Cal.914
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.............Nevermind
sww914
Topic? We don't need no stinking topic!
bd1308
QUOTE(LuckieO @ Oct 23 2006, 11:13 PM) *

-6,949 posts laugh.gif chairfall.gif clap56.gif

cool huh?
mightyohm
Hey guys,

Glad to know I am not totally alone in my observations. By the way, this has nothing to do with the admins at all, just a personal gripe. I edited the topic to OT, happy now?

Steve,

Good to hear from you, and no I am not an admin in training!! Petaluma is a great place to live and Santa Rosa isn't bad either. I am very glad to be working up here now a little bit away from the insanity.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Oct 23 2006, 11:18 PM) *

happy now?

nope....

but it has nothing to do with you. smile.gif
Twystd1
I just felt the urge to reply...

C
mightyohm
PS: Hi Mike. biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 24 2006, 12:53 AM) *

I'm the post whore, right?

I was waiting for the punchline from the peanut gallery

Ya see, "THE" implies singularity of which I feel is inappropriate, or rather inadequate for this category.

Here is a good rule of thumb: If you think that you may be "A" post whore, then you are biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Jeff, why you getting so crabby? Gotta bring desention to our otherwise chaotically ballanced cyber garage. Spreading the love...eat your pizza bootyshake.gif

P.S. I am thinking of moving out to your area when I am an attending (in like 6 years dry.gif)
nomore9one4
I like PIZZA! drooley.gif chowtime.gif
Howard
QUOTE(faux916 @ Oct 24 2006, 06:45 AM) *

I like PIZZA! drooley.gif chowtime.gif

And not that soggy floppy limp dick mess they pass off as Pizza out here. REAL east of the Miss. pizza.
DNHunt
Time to start a 12 step program for post whore? We can add it as another forum. Every post will have to start with "My name is ---------- and I am a post whore" and every post will end with a hug.

Dave
drewvw

what about people who don't intend to be post whores, but are just gregarious sonofabitches trying to fit into the social fabric that is 914world.com???

will someone please think of the social fabric.....

tdgray
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Oct 24 2006, 10:01 AM) *

Time to start a 12 step program for post whore? We can add it as another forum. Every post will have to start with "My name is ---------- and I am a post whore" and every post will end with a hug.

Dave

Good idea Dave...

or maybe we could put in some code like changing Brad to Bradholio.

It just put a tag line at the start of a post like this.

<NOW A MESSAGE FROM THE POST WHORE>

blah blah blah blah
Dr Evil
QUOTE(drewvw @ Oct 24 2006, 10:08 AM) *

what about people who don't intend to be post whores, but are just gregarious sonofabitches trying to fit into the social fabric that is 914world.com???

will someone please think of the social fabric.....

agree.gif

Lighten up Francis biggrin.gif

Howard, I miss the west coast taco shops and mexican restaurants very much as we have nothing out here but taco bell sad.gif But, you are on the money for the pizza thing. It is good, cheap and prevalent out here. I live with in 1 mile of about 5 pizza shops at least and I am in the country!

My favorite: The Florentine - a white pizza (no sauce) with mazzarella, sliced tomatoes, olive oil, and proceutto (sp? pro-shoe-toe) = $12 for a large. chowtime.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.