Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have an idea to help new member Mary Shortridge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
number6
Mary, the car looks awesome!

The exhaust is FINALLY pulled, boxed up, and ready to go. I apologize for having taken so long - it's been one thing after another at this end. I'll try to get it shipped shortly. Which reminds me: Would you be able to pick up at your nearby Greyhound station? The box is heavy and on the large side, so UPS is going to cost as much as the thing is worth!

I have not been able to locate my spare carpet kit. DOES ANYONE HAVE A KIT TO CONTRIBUTE? That would help me out, as I just got dealt a rather substantial financial blow by my business partner, so I'm trying my best to get a grip on spending. If no one can take up my slack here, I'll order a set from 914AP. I do want to keep my word smile.gif

-duc
rick 918-S
QUOTE(number6 @ Nov 30 2009, 07:27 PM) *

The exhaust is FINALLY pulled, boxed up, and ready to go. I apologize for having taken so long - it's been one thing after another at this end. I'll try to get it shipped shortly. Which reminds me: Would you be able to pick up at your nearby Greyhound station? The box is heavy and on the large side, so UPS is going to cost as much as the thing is worth!

I have not been able to locate my spare carpet kit. DOES ANYONE HAVE A KIT TO CONTRIBUTE? That would help me out, as I just got dealt a rather substantial financial blow by my business partner, so I'm trying my best to get a grip on spending. If no one can take up my slack here, I'll order a set from 914AP. I do want to keep my word smile.gif

-duc

pray.gif Duc, you are the man! icon_bump.gif for Mary
hot_shoe914
I am still working on getting the shipping for the wheels worked out but I will make it happen even if it means delivering them myself.

Shoe
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Nov 30 2009, 09:46 PM) *

I am still working on getting the shipping for the wheels worked out but I will make it happen even if it means delivering them myself.

Shoe

Dan, my body guy, drives a truck and is your direction sometimes. What is the exact location of the wheels? We also have a fellow that works for my husband that used to live in that direction, and travels back occassionally. I'll put the word out, and we'll see what the next miracle will be! Thanks so much!
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(number6 @ Nov 30 2009, 09:27 PM) *

-duc

Please don't worry about the carpet kit. We appreciate your support so much, and how much stress has been taken off of us on this project by everyone at 914World. Please don't put more stress on yourself!
Re: picking up the box- unfortunately we don't have greyhound in the southern part of the state of Kansas. I am MORE than happy to pay for shipping! I would have paid for shipping if I would have bought the part somewhere!
An economical option might be a trucking company. That is how I got some furniture across country one time. I'll do some checking.....
Thanks so VERY much!
~Mary
gary gartner

Finally, something I can help with piratenanner.gif

I would be honored to step up and take care of the carpet set.

what color interior is in the plan, ????? don't remember seeing that info.
let me know the color preference and I'll gat James and Heidi get it on the road.

and Thanks number 6 for allowing me to participate

Gary
rick 918-S
QUOTE(gary gartner @ Dec 1 2009, 04:01 PM) *

let me know the color preference and I'll gat James and Heidi get it on the road.

Gary

That's what I'm talkin about! monkeydance.gif dance.gif thumb3d.gif

I'm not sure we've seen the seats yet.... idea.gif
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(gary gartner @ Dec 1 2009, 06:01 PM) *

Gary

How nice of you to want to help! The interior is in progress... all black leather, except for black and white houndstooth seat inserts. She'll be beautiful! I need to call my upholstery guy and go take a look. Dan has seen it, and says it looks fabulous! I am so blessed to have found this local guy to do it.
Thanks so VERY much!
number6
QUOTE(gary gartner @ Dec 1 2009, 05:01 PM) *

Gary, thank you for taking up my slack!
It sure sounds like the car will end up with all-black carpet, so this works out great, as the carpet I originally planned on sending was charcoal - me thinks that wouldn't look good w/ the houndstooth.
Thanks again.

-duc
gary gartner

O K, the consensus is black carpet, looks like, I agree that charchol and houndstooth might be too busy.

I will place the order a little later today.

And I stand and salute you for getting this project going, Rick and Kansas914

Gary beer.gif

Kansas 914
QUOTE(gary gartner @ Dec 2 2009, 07:56 AM) *

O K, the consensus is black carpet, looks like, I agree that charchol and houndstooth might be too busy.

I will place the order a little later today.

And I stand and salute you for getting this project going, Rick and Kansas914

Gary beer.gif

Gary,

That really is very generous - thanks so much.

Any chance you can make the "Overhaulin' Weekend"?

Here is the info: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1243037

Gint
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Dec 1 2009, 07:47 AM) *

-duc

Please don't worry about the carpet kit. We appreciate your support so much, and how much stress has been taken off of us on this project by everyone at 914World. Please don't put more stress on yourself!
Re: picking up the box- unfortunately we don't have greyhound in the southern part of the state of Kansas. I am MORE than happy to pay for shipping! I would have paid for shipping if I would have bought the part somewhere!
An economical option might be a trucking company. That is how I got some furniture across country one time. I'll do some checking.....
Thanks so VERY much!
~Mary

Ship it to me Duc and I'll drive it out in January. We've got a Greyhound station downtown. Let me know if that will work and we can discuss the details via PM or email.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 2 2009, 08:04 AM) *

-duc

Ship it to me Duc and I'll drive it out in January. We've got a Greyhound station downtown. Let me know if that will work and we can discuss the details via PM or email.

Gint,

That is awesome - thanks for helping out AGAIN...
rick 918-S
Team work! biggrin.gif
number6
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Dec 2 2009, 07:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 2 2009, 08:04 AM) *

-duc

Gint,

That is awesome - thanks for helping out AGAIN...

Mike, we're shipping this way, via Gint, yes? Mary had previously mentioned me shipping to you in Wichita... I can do either.

Gint, I'm PM-ing you. Thanks.

-duc
Kansas 914
QUOTE(number6 @ Dec 2 2009, 06:15 PM) *

Mike, we're shipping this way, via Gint, yes? Mary had previously mentioned me shipping to you in Wichita... I can do either.

Gint, I'm PM-ing you. Thanks.

-duc

-duc,

That would be great and cheaper too I imagine!

Thanks so much!
Gint
We're good. Duc will ship it to me. He's got my info now.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 2 2009, 09:51 PM) *

We're good. Duc will ship it to me. He's got my info now.

Thanks Gint and Duc - you guys rock! aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
Nice work guys!
Mary Shortridge
Exciting news! Dwayne wants to deliver the engine to me this weekend! Ok, so I don't get to hear it roar for awhile, it is still exciting to have that step done. And the biggest blessing, I got to know another really nice person who happens to love 914s!
Dr Evil
Very cool, Mary smile.gif
rick 918-S
Mary, Tell Dwayne I have the rubber band shaped NLA throttle body gasket here in my office. I need to know where to send it.
jsayre914
Thank You Mary. I just got it in the mail beerchug.gif

You are very kind

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Dr Evil
Got mine. A real keeper smile.gif
Thanks and Merry Christmas santa_smiley.gif
A&PGirl
Thank you. It's very nice. santa_smiley.gif

Merry Christmas. wreath.gif

Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
Thank you again Mary!

-The Ways Family
rick 918-S
smile.gif
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Dec 24 2009, 04:52 PM) *

agree.gif

Thank You Very Very Much....
And Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from my Family to your Family this Holiday Season.

Mine is also proudly displayed on the tree. biggrin.gif

Thanks for letting me borrow the pic APG.

Ken santa_smiley.gif
Mary Shortridge
Merry Christmas everyone! Elissa and I got weathered in at dad's in Aurora, NE. A few more packages went out in the mail late....sorry.
We appreciate EVERYONE'S help, and support!
2010's ornament will feature a restored Buttercup!
914Sixer
Mine is on the tree too!!
gary g

Hi, everyone,carpet set left So Cal on Dec 23, via UPS--
due on site 12/29, hope the weather allows delivery.

Just got my home laptop hooked up to world ( with help from the illustreous Sir Andy, thank you sir)

and sorry I don't leave the left coast, this time of year,
so I have to wait for pics of the assembly, lookin forward to it.
Have a great Holiday you'all smilie_pokal.gif you guys ROCK
Gary Gartner
rick 918-S
QUOTE(gary g @ Dec 26 2009, 02:56 PM) *

Just got my home laptop hooked up to world ( with help from the illustreous Sir Andy, thank you sir)

Gary Gartner

Gary, you are the one that Rocks my friend! aktion035.gif
gary g

Thanks Rick
Happy to find a way to help

Thanks again
duc, for the opportunity

Gary Gartner beerchug.gif
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(gary g @ Dec 26 2009, 04:56 PM) *

Gary Gartner

Arrived safely today. Thanks so very much! You guys have sent enough boxes my dog is going to learn not to bark at the UPS driver! biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
We need a little brown truck smiley. happy11.gif
Kansas 914
Click to view attachment
tat2dphreak
Mary, I received my ornament and card in the mail yesterday!! thank you very much, it's really neat! I'm looking forward to Kansas in Feb. (never though those words would come out of my mouth ) wink.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Dec 31 2009, 08:00 AM) *

Mary, I received my ornament and card in the mail yesterday!! thank you very much, it's really neat! I'm looking forward to Kansas in Feb. (never though those words would come out of my mouth ) wink.gif

Hi Wayne,

People who live here don't even say they are looking forward to February in Kansas! wink.gif
tod914
Hi all, I have new blue brake hose, nos plastic cups for rear trunk, and nos fuel injector clips. Something you could use? Please pm an address where to send it if you can use it.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(tod914 @ Dec 31 2009, 06:27 AM) *

Hi all, I have new blue brake hose, nos plastic cups for rear trunk, and nos fuel injector clips. Something you could use? Please pm an address where to send it if you can use it.

Sent you a pm buddy! Hey, Check the post by Mike Morman just above yours. All the links and address is in his signature space.
tod914
Great thanks again Rick. Soon as I get a responce I'll drop the stuff off along with a check for the T-shirt.
etcmss
so is there a current list of parts still needed? I've been quiet but maybe can contribute.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(etcmss @ Dec 31 2009, 02:47 PM) *

so is there a current list of parts still needed? I've been quiet but maybe can contribute.

There is still a list. Check the signature space at the bottom of (Kansas 914) Mike Morman's posts. There is an event sign up link, A progress link and a link to a spread sheet for the parts list.

The last weekend of January Me, Mike Ginter, Mike Morman and anyone else that has the time will be heading up a recon mission to set the stage for the February Build Off. When were finished we hope to have a complete list of the final parts needed for a seamless assembly.

Stay tuned for good things coming to the world.
klink
OK, Somehow I have totally missed this thread. Go figure. Anyway if you still need the 1.7 injectors, I have these. They are rebuilt and only have about 300 miles on them. Just before I did the total drive line rebuild and went to carbs I bought these, installed them and ran them for a short time. They've been sitting on the shelf for a little over a year but I'm guessing they are fine. When I installed them they made a big difference in how it ran. The seals were new when I installed them, unfortunately I lost one of the tip seals when I removed them. Anyway, if they can be of help to the cause you're welcome to them.

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(klink @ Dec 31 2009, 09:32 PM) *

OK, Somehow I have totally missed this thread. Go figure. Anyway if you still need the 1.7 injectors, I have these. They are rebuilt and only have about 300 miles on them. Just before I did the total drive line rebuild and went to carbs I bought these, installed them and ran them for a short time. They've been sitting on the shelf for a little over a year but I'm guessing they are fine. When I installed them they made a big difference in how it ran. The seals were new when I installed them, unfortunately I lost one of the tip seals when I removed them. Anyway, if they can be of help to the cause you're welcome to them.

I doesn't matter that you have missed the thread - you have read it now and are taking action - that's what counts.

WOW! Those are beauties! I know the engine was rebuilt (P&C and gaskets) but I don't think anything was done to the injectors and it hasn't been test run yet - I have to think those are sorely needed!

I will check with the engine builder - thanks a million and Happy New Year!
tod914
Do you guys need the clamps, cups and brake hose? Be happy to ship that to you as well.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jan 1 2010, 08:46 AM) *

Do you guys need the clamps, cups and brake hose? Be happy to ship that to you as well.

I know the cups and brake hoses will be appreciated. I will have to check with the engine guys about the injector clips.

I also know that your threshold rivets are being used on the project - thanks to some that Rick 918-S had and donated!

You can ship to me (t-shirt check too, please state size needed) and Rick and I will take it to the project later this month:

Mike Moorman
816 Sandwedge Ct
Andover, KS 67002
tod914
Sounds good Mike, I'll ship it all out next week for you.
rick 918-S
Very Cool! Were getting closer to the recon mission the end of the month! Thanks everyone you all Rock aktion035.gif
Mary Shortridge
Buttercup's interior is almost completely done! Fernando Cruz did a FABULOUS job. Houndstooth could be a real pain, as any imperfections in tension would be very noticeable. I'll attach photos. And the new black carpet kit to go with the black leather-----She is going to be one sharp 914! shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.