Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have an idea to help new member Mary Shortridge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Kansas 914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Sep 5 2009, 03:37 PM) *

ok, I found the starter(was good when I removed it, only dirtier than the other one I had)
the us front signals (one is showing some spider webbing cracks, so if someone can come up with 1 to make a damn good set..)

the t-stat cable is at Wes' I'll get it monday.

the tranny mounts are MIA, I found one that couldn't be used to even identify what they should look like. so if someone wants to split the cost I'll go halvsies on a new set of either the 911 sport style(stock) or the weltmeister solid(which I use, and like very much)

I also have some FI parts off a 2.0(whatever year the green top injectors were used) so if that can be of use, let me know.

I also found a Shift shaft boot (@ firewall) that I'll put in the care pkg.

I also have some stock springs if those are needed

I can't agree more with Clay, I think secretly we all fear leaving loved ones behind with an unfinished car smile.gif

if you are going to MUSR, Mary, I can send this and some other parts with peeps that are going, or I can get it in a flat rate priority mail box this coming week.

Thanks again Wayne,

I have the second front lens (so we have a set). I took you off the transmission mount committment - I'm sure someone has some - if not I will cover that.

I will check with A&P Girl about the springs (she actually made the needs list).

Cheers!
Dr Evil
Wayne, I have a good used stock tranny mount I can add.
tat2dphreak
it'll take 2, Dr. Evil, the one I found was in unusable condition... we need to pitch into a paypal account to help find the new parts, I'll be willing to do that, too.

lmk if we can ship this by MUSR mail biggrin.gif
Sleepin
I may have the accelerator pedal and assembly. I will dig in my stuff after RRC to see.

Here are the heat exchangers I dug up....

IPB Image
IPB Image
Dr Evil
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Sep 5 2009, 05:14 PM) *

it'll take 2, Dr. Evil, the one I found was in unusable condition... we need to pitch into a paypal account to help find the new parts, I'll be willing to do that, too.

lmk if we can ship this by MUSR mail biggrin.gif

I only have 1. I'll put it in with the rest of my stuff.
rick 918-S
Mary, I'm sure you feel compelled to thank us a million times. Please, it is really our honor. If you feel comfortable enough to share some photos of your brother we wouldn't mine seeing them. Truthfully, this is how 914 people roll. No need to feel anything but happy. We have lost a few others around here. some real good generious people that shared with us and always had time to help others. It's our way of honoring our friends and paying it forward.

Now, Speaking of paying it forward. I didn't have any good used parts on your list. So, I though I would buy you a new alternator harness. Wiring is real important with these cars. Good connections make for trouble free driving.

I contacted Jeff Bowlsby. He is one of our wiring gurus. He builds new harness parts for us. Well, Jeff is sending the harness out to you and would not let me pay him. As usual, Jeff, We luv you man! pray.gif

Mike or Carrie or Mary, Is there an old harness? Jeff stated we will need to reuse the plastic connectors off an old harness for the new one he is shipping. If not I'm pretty sure I have an old alternator harness with good ends.
914Sixer
I have the alt wiring plugs if you need them. I also have a set of trans mounts if they are still needed. Let me know.
ClayPerrine
Being laid up right now I can't really go through my vast inventory of stuff. But some of the people who have seen it can tell you that I probably have a part if you need it.

I recently put together a working 2.0L D-Jet system out of the contents of my attic. I was only short one injector because it was bad.

I know I have a new set of targa top holders, front and rear. I won't be able to lay my hands on them right at the moment.

So when I get off the sick, lame and lazy list, I will get into "parts heaven" (That is what Betty dubbed it) and see what I can find for you.

Is there anything else you want or need? I can pick up a set of new Trans mounts for you.. they are not that expensive.

Kansas 914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 5 2009, 04:17 PM) *

I may have the accelerator pedal and assembly. I will dig in my stuff after RRC to see.

Here are the heat exchangers I dug up....

IPB Image

Eric - those are gorgeous - and very much needed. I need to bring a shovel to your backyard and see what I can dig up!

Thanks again - cheers!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 5 2009, 06:22 PM) *

Now, Speaking of paying it forward. I didn't have any good used parts on your list. So, I though I would buy you a new alternator harness. Wiring is real important with these cars. Good connections make for trouble free driving.

I contacted Jeff Bowlsby. He is one of our wiring gurus. He builds new harness parts for us. Well, Jeff is sending the harness out to you and would not let me pay him. As usual, Jeff, We luv you man! pray.gif

Mike or Carrie or Mary, Is there an old harness? Jeff stated we will need to plastic connectors off an old harness for the new one he is shipping. If not I'm pretty sure I have an old alternator harness with good ends.

Hi Rick,

We really have you to thank for getting this thread started - it was (and is) a great idea - thanks!

Also a special thanks to Jeff - he does the 914 World such a great service with his harnesses and knowledge.

Carrie can tell us more about the harness - or the pcitures on the website might help too. Does Jeff want to rebuild the existing or just need it as a core for a future re-build?

Cheers!
A&PGirl
Yes, there is the original FI harness, Alt. harness and Starter/Ignition Harness. But I wouldn't trust them because the engine was beset upon by mice. Dan told us that the air filter was completely filled with dead mice stuff while the front engine tin was filled to the top with there leavings. The plastic connectors where so-so to good from what I remember.

rick 918-S
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 5 2009, 04:00 PM) *

I have the alt wiring plugs if you need them. I also have a set of trans mounts if they are still needed. Let me know.

Mark, Can you send the used harness plugs and mounts? I looked at the engine I have here and it's missing the alternator harness and alternator.

I'll comb the list and come up with something else.

Clay, What happened? Why are you laid up? Did you break the other collar bone?

Kansas 914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 5 2009, 07:00 PM) *

Thanks Mark - that will help a lot.

Cheers!
KELTY360
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 4 2009, 03:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 4 2009, 04:41 PM) *

I will go through my garage this weekend. I know I have fog lights, and rough but not cracked grills I can send. Maybe more.

Address for parts shipment?

Ferg beerchug.gif

Thanks Ferg - Very nice of you!

Mary Shortridge
105 Drury Lane
Garden City, KS 67846

Cheers!

I'm getting ready to send off a package, but UPS needs a phone number also.

Oh, and........ icon_bump.gif
number6
Mary, I'm sorry for your great loss!

If I may, I would be honored to be a small part of this wonderful project.
From the current wanted list, I can contribute:

* throttle pedal (but no hardware - just the pedal)
* 1.7 muffler - do you have a preference as to which? what I have is a dual exhaust (2 pipes per side) - probably a Manta or one of those, in great condition
* I know I have a new carpet kit (one of morph's) in charcoal grey, loop...somewhere - it may take a little time to track down

Didn't see the following on your list, but if you need them:

* solid trans mounts (new)
* 1.7 gasket kit (new)

-duc
Dr Evil
I'll try to get the stuff I spoke up for out by Wed at the latest smile.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Sep 8 2009, 12:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 4 2009, 03:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 4 2009, 04:41 PM) *

I will go through my garage this weekend. I know I have fog lights, and rough but not cracked grills I can send. Maybe more.

Address for parts shipment?

Ferg beerchug.gif

Thanks Ferg - Very nice of you!

Mary Shortridge
105 Drury Lane
Garden City, KS 67846

Cheers!

I'm getting ready to send off a package, but UPS needs a phone number also.

Oh, and........ icon_bump.gif

Here it is 620-272-4379.

I will edit my post with the original address.

Thanks for the BUMP!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(number6 @ Sep 8 2009, 01:24 AM) *

* 1.7 muffler - do you have a preference as to which? what I have is a dual exhaust (2 pipes per side) - probably a Manta or one of those, in great condition
* I know I have a new carpet kit (one of morph's) in charcoal grey, loop...somewhere - it may take a little time to track down

* 1.7 gasket kit (new)

-duc

Hi -duc

Thanks for your offer.

I think we were having trouble getting a complete set of tranny mounts - your might be the answer. Let me double check with 2 members that were trying to make a pair.

Your muffler is what was on the car - though almost rusted beyond all recognition. The valance that she has is a stock single cutout. My guess is that Mary would like the exhaust similar to what was on the car. I will confirm.

I know your throttle pedal, gasket kit and carpet would be very much needed - very generous - thank you.

Mike
914Sixer
Boxing up the mounts and the alt plugs this morning.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 8 2009, 08:49 AM) *

Boxing up the mounts and the alt plugs this morning.

Thanks Mark - that is awesome!
number6
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 8 2009, 06:42 AM) *

QUOTE(number6 @ Sep 8 2009, 01:24 AM) *

* 1.7 gasket kit (new)

-duc

Hi -duc

Thanks for your offer.

I think we were having trouble getting a complete set of tranny mounts - your might be the answer. Let me double check with 2 members that were trying to make a pair.

Your muffler is what was on the car - though almost rusted beyond all recognition. The valance that she has is a stock single cutout. My guess is that Mary would like the exhaust similar to what was on the car. I will confirm.

I know your throttle pedal, gasket kit and carpet would be very much needed - very generous - thank you.

Mike

My pleasure, Mike. As soon as you give me the go-ahead, I'll ship the items out (carpet will come separately, probably a week behind).

-duc
Mary Shortridge
A BIG THANK YOU for everyone's generosity. I plan to go see Buttercup today or tomorrow, and will take some update photos. I am also working on scanning some photos of my brother, so you can get a sense of who he was. His generosity to others, and his love of Buttercup, would have made him a perfect fit for this "world".
Thank you so much...
~Mary
ghuff
This is great.

Any other forum people would be stabbing each other over the parts and trying to rip Mary off.
Mary, I'm terribly sorry to hear about your brother.

It is very little but the Brake/Clutch Pedal covers and Spark Plugs are two items that I can send.

Please advise if these items are already spoken for?

Ken
914Sixer
Mary,
I can send lots more:

Headlight surrounds, muffler gaskets, heat elbows, alt belt, injector seals, MC lines with new hoses, Front suspension cover plate, new ball joints(1 needs boot) ball joint hardware and a steering rack boot. I know where this stuff is in the attic. I will look at the updated list and see what else I can find.
mojorisen914
Somehow I'm just now seeing this thread.

Mary, so sorry about your loss. I'll look thru the garage today and see what I can dig up. I'm in Shawnee, KS btw.
tat2dphreak
starter, lenses and t-stat cable sent yesterday USPS priority. I'll look through the updated list again, but I dunno what else I have that would be of use.

still, I would like to do more, any ideas?

edit: damn, I forgot to mail the Shift shaft boot @ firewall I'll find that tonight and put it in a seperate pkg.
Dr Evil
I was unable to get the parts assembled before leaving town and now I have to do my clinics so it will be about a week before I ship, but the parts are coming!
Ferg
I'm going to get the fogs and new fog seals out tomorrow. One has a cracked lense... so if anyone else has a spare fog lense they could throw in?

Also, I could not come up with the fog grills, I must have given them away in the past, does she need a nice OEM shift knob instead?

Ferg
Kansas 914
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Sep 10 2009, 11:28 AM) *

Mary, I'm terribly sorry to hear about your brother.

It is very little but the Brake/Clutch Pedal covers and Spark Plugs are two items that I can send.

Please advise if these items are already spoken for?

Ken

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your offer - both items are still needed.

Ship to address is in my signature.

Cheers!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 10 2009, 07:26 PM) *

I was unable to get the parts assembled before leaving town and now I have to do my clinics so it will be about a week before I ship, but the parts are coming!

Hi Mike,

No worries - have a great clinic - hope there is one near me soon!

Cheers!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 10 2009, 10:51 PM) *

I'm going to get the fogs and new fog seals out tomorrow. One has a cracked lense... so if anyone else has a spare fog lense they could throw in?

Also, I could not come up with the fog grills, I must have given them away in the past, does she need a nice OEM shift knob instead?

Ferg

Hi Ferg,

I will make a note on the "Parts Needed" website - thanks.

There was talk of a wooden shift knob as Mary's brother was a woodworker. I will let you know what direction she is leaning.

Cheers!
Kansas 914
Just an FYI.

I am still in Atlanta on business and don't get home until Saturday evening - so updates to the webpage may not happen until then.

Thanks!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 10 2009, 11:38 AM) *

Mary,
I can send lots more:

Headlight surrounds, muffler gaskets, heat elbows, alt belt, injector seals, MC lines with new hoses, Front suspension cover plate, new ball joints(1 needs boot) ball joint hardware and a steering rack boot. I know where this stuff is in the attic. I will look at the updated list and see what else I can find.

Hi Mark,

That is quite a long list to your already generous parts. Let me know what you find in the attic.

Thanks!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 5 2009, 09:16 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 5 2009, 04:00 PM) *

Mark, Can you send the used harness plugs and mounts? I looked at the engine I have here and it's missing the alternator harness and alternator.

I'll comb the list and come up with something else.

Clay, What happened? Why are you laid up? Did you break the other collar bone?

Nope..this one was not self induced. I have a 10mm kidney stone. Too big to pass. I have to go in for a second untrasound treatment the wed before MUSR to try to break it up again.

But the Dr recommended beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif to help pass the broken up stone afterword, so I may have a few at the hotel......
degreeoff
Well I hve a few parts I could donate. A Brand new pair of front signal covers, a used starter and a used alt. Also I have PP/clutch disc that are good to go.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Sep 11 2009, 09:56 AM) *

Well I hve a few parts I could donate. A Brand new pair of front signal covers, a used starter and a used alt. Also I have PP/clutch disc that are good to go.

Hi degreeoff,

Thanks for your offers!

We have the starter and alternator covered. The front turn signals covers are coming from 2 sources - I will see how they match up when they arrive.

The clutch disk and pressure plate are needed. I know they are heavy let us know if you need some help with shipping costs.

Mike
Kansas 914
QUOTE(13b914 @ Sep 4 2009, 04:56 PM) *

I have some fog light grills that are in pretty good shape, i also have a black back cushion that is in better shape than is in the pictures and I have a pedal cluster that already has the bronze bushings installed. Let me know if you're interested.
Chad

Hi Chad,

Do you still have the grilles? We thought they were covered but could not be found (how many times has that happended to me - "I know it is in here somewhere"....)

Thanks!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Sep 5 2009, 10:38 AM) *

I've got set of new 1.7 Bosch plug wires I'll send. I'll check further and see if I've got anything else.

Hi Marc,

Mary informed me that your parts arrived - thanks so much.

Mike
Ferg
Found my fog grills, they are rough chrome wise, but not cracked. Would they be useful?

Have the fogs, seals and grills with me at work, just need the right size box to show up to mail them in.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 16 2009, 11:00 AM) *

Found my fog grills, they are rough chrome wise, but not cracked. Would they be useful?

Have the fogs, seals and grills with me at work, just need the right size box to show up to mail them in.

Hi Ferg,

I think your grilles will be fine as they will be painted as will the front bumper.

Thanks!
degreeoff
hey guys/gals let me know where to ship em and I will. It will be next week as I am on my way off for vaca in St Thomas!

Josh
Kansas 914
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Sep 16 2009, 11:04 AM) *

hey guys/gals let me know where to ship em and I will. It will be next week as I am on my way off for vaca in St Thomas!

Josh

Hi Josh,

The ship to is in my signature - thanks a million.

Enjoy St. Thomas - try the Cruzan Rum - it is the best! beer3.gif

Cheers!
Ferg
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 16 2009, 08:03 AM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 16 2009, 11:00 AM) *

Hi Ferg,

I think your grilles will be fine as they will be painted as will the front bumper.

Thanks!

Cool, I'll send them off with fogs and fog seals today.

Kansas 914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 16 2009, 11:09 AM) *

Cool, I'll send them off with fogs and fog seals today.

You are a rockstar!

Cheers!
Socalandy
I have a 1.7 air filter housing from my 72. will that work? Also I have the FI harness and brain. If the air filter housing will work I can bead blast it and paint it in the requested color.

Let me know
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Sep 16 2009, 11:16 AM) *

I have a 1.7 air filter housing from my 72. will that work? Also I have the FI harness and brain. If the air filter housing will work I can bead blast it and paint it in the requested color.

Let me know

Hi Andy,

Very nice - thanks!

The air filter housing would be great. Does it resemble this one?
Click to view attachment

Original black would be great (is that considered flat or satin I wonder?) Does it also have the rubber boot to the throttle body? I know the one she has it rotted through.

We still need a good harness and brain - as it appears to have been mice food.

Thanks a million - Mike
Socalandy
Yep, I have the whole thing with boot. I will get on it when I get back from the RRC this weekend!!

The FI harness and ECU are in good shape and ran in the car before I went to Webbers.

I'm parting out a 73 that is too far gone. I have drive shafts, distributor and coil and can pull some of the bushings your looking for.

sawzall-smiley.gif
13b914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 12 2009, 08:34 AM) *

I have some fog light grills that are in pretty good shape, i also have a black back cushion that is in better shape than is in the pictures and I have a pedal cluster that already has the bronze bushings installed. Let me know if you're interested.
Chad

Hi Chad,

Do you still have the grilles? We thought they were covered but could not be found (how many times has that happended to me - "I know it is in here somewhere"....)

Thanks!

I still have the grills and will be glad to donate them, do you need the fog lights with them. I have a pair that I pulled apart to paint, but decided not to use them.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(13b914 @ Sep 16 2009, 12:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 12 2009, 08:34 AM) *

Chad

Hi Chad,

Thanks!

I still have the grills and will be glad to donate them, do you need the fog lights with them. I have a pair that I pulled apart to paint, but decided not to use them.

Hi Chad,

Ferg ended up finding the grilles after all - thanks so much for your offer but we are covered once again. He is also sending the lights and seals.

Your kindness is appreciated - as is everyones!

Cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.