Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have an idea to help new member Mary Shortridge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Mary Shortridge
Oops! Missed a pic........... one of the best!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jan 5 2010, 07:50 PM) *

Buttercup's interior is almost completely done! Fernando Cruz did a FABULOUS job. Houndstooth could be a real pain, as any imperfections in tension would be very noticeable. I'll attach photos. And the new black carpet kit to go with the black leather-----She is going to be one sharp 914! shades.gif

WOW!

Very nice. I want to see the leather covered dash cap - I might have him do mine as well! Is it complete - and with a picture??
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jan 5 2010, 07:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jan 5 2010, 07:50 PM) *

Buttercup's interior is almost completely done! Fernando Cruz did a FABULOUS job. Houndstooth could be a real pain, as any imperfections in tension would be very noticeable. I'll attach photos. And the new black carpet kit to go with the black leather-----She is going to be one sharp 914! shades.gif

WOW!

Very nice. I want to see the leather covered dash cap - I might have him do mine as well! Is it complete - and with a picture??

He still has that left to do, as the dash cap is in Nebraska. I'll pick it up next week for Fernando to cover. And, he is waiting for fiberglass reinforcement for the seat back panel (or whatever it's called!)
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Jan 5 2010, 08:12 PM) *

He still has that left to do, as the dash cap is in Nebraska. I'll pick it up next week for Fernando to cover. And, he is waiting for fiberglass reinforcement for the seat back panel (or whatever it's called!)

I can't wait to see it popcorn[1].gif
Gint
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 1 2010, 08:42 AM) *
Very Cool! Were getting closer to the recon mission the end of the month! Thanks everyone you all Rock aktion035.gif
Speaking of... Hey Duc! We probably ought to get moving on that muffler. I might make it out for the February build, but I'm only planning on the January recon mission.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 5 2010, 07:48 PM) *

Very Cool! Were getting closer to the recon mission the end of the month! Thanks everyone you all Rock aktion035.gif
Speaking of... Hey Duc! We probably ought to get moving on that muffler. I might make it out for the February build, but I'm only planning on the January recon mission.

Cool, Were getting closer!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 5 2010, 11:06 PM) *

Rick, when you get a final number for the build off weekend could you let me know please. There might be a little something extra for all the attendees.

Donald
rick 918-S
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 6 2010, 06:11 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 5 2010, 11:06 PM) *

Rick, when you get a final number for the build off weekend could you let me know please. There might be a little something extra for all the attendees.

Donald

Very cool Donald! Another reason for joining in on the fun!
tat2dphreak
wow, that is a VERY cool interior!! looks great! smilie_pokal.gif
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jan 6 2010, 10:37 AM) *

wow, that is a VERY cool interior!! looks great! smilie_pokal.gif

Here is a photo Mike took of the seats before restoration. Browsing all the photos, I had truly forgotten how much rust there was. Thanks for your support!
~Mary
EdwardBlume
Awesome Mary! This is really getting exciting!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(tod914 @ Dec 31 2009, 08:27 AM) *

Hi all, I have new blue brake hose, nos plastic cups for rear trunk, and nos fuel injector clips. Something you could use? Please pm an address where to send it if you can use it.

Hi Tod,

I received the parts today - thanks a million. They look awesome - nothing like NOS 914 parts to make me smile!

I also got the check for the T-shirt - you will be added to the run when it happens - which will be soon!

Anyone that wants a t-shirt - click on the link in my sig (it still shows a little without scrolling) smile.gif
tod914
Mike my pleasure. Glad I could help out alittle. If you guys run short on rivets, let me know tongue.gif Wish I knew before Rick picked up a set. Hope the project goes well for you all.
Gint
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 5 2010, 08:48 PM) *

The bus got in Saturday. I picked the muffler up at the Greyhound station today.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jan 11 2010, 02:45 PM) *

QUOTE(tod914 @ Dec 31 2009, 08:27 AM) *

Hi all, I have new blue brake hose, nos plastic cups for rear trunk, and nos fuel injector clips. Something you could use? Please pm an address where to send it if you can use it.

Hi Tod,

I received the parts today - thanks a million. They look awesome - nothing like NOS 914 parts to make me smile!

I also got the check for the T-shirt - you will be added to the run when it happens - which will be soon!

Anyone that wants a t-shirt - click on the link in my sig (it still shows a little without scrolling) smile.gif

2Xl will work for most, but don't you have anything bigger for us tall fat guys? confused24.gif
hot_shoe914
I am still in need of a roomie for the build weekend. I will arrive Friday morning and probably leave Monday morning so if you are planning to attend and would like to save a few bucks by splitting a hotel room just let me know.

Donald
Mary Shortridge
Buttercup was moved from the body shop to the "Build" location today, thanks to Dan and Rudy. I will move mountains of parts, and boxes of parts from 914world members, starting tomorrow. This car, and the "Lee Cyr Memorial 914 World Build Off Classic", is going to be amazing......Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
These are the kind of things in life that make a difference. We have a great team assembled for February.

See Ya Saturday Mary!
bandjoey
A cot in the garage for Don? popcorn[1].gif
914Sixer
popcorn[1].gif cheer.gif piratenanner.gif I can't wait to see the pictures of the progress. A big shout to all those are helping on this.
EdwardBlume
Nice looking car Mary! Not long now....
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif Heading out in the early morning for the recon mission.
bandjoey
Be Careful Guys....Bad Weather! Buttercup needs some sunshine. type.gif

Rest of Tonight
Snow late in the evening...then snow likely after midnight. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Total snow accumulation 1 to 7 inches. Lows around 14. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Friday
Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of snow in the morning. Highs in the mid 20s. Northeast winds up to 15 mph. Lowest wind chill readings zero to 10 above zero in the morning.
Gint
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 28 2010, 10:44 PM) *
Be Careful Guys....Bad Weather! Buttercup needs some sunshine. type.gif
Yeah, I've been watching the weather on the local news for days and paying particular attention to southern Colorado because Garden City is just east. Also exchanged a couple of emails with Mary last night and this morning. She says they got 3" of snow, which isn't bad, but none of my cruisers have adequate snow tires or even all seasons. So it looks like we might have to drive the truck. Which isn't bad either, but it doesn't get the best mileage in the world.

Whatever! It takes more than that to stop me! driving.gif Picking Rick up at DIA later this morning and heading out early afternoon. Can't wait... road trip!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 29 2010, 08:33 AM) *

Whatever! driving.gif Picking Rick up at DIA later this morning and heading out early afternoon. Can't wait!

We got 4" here in Wichita - a little more north and south of us - I will head out at 5AM Saturday morning and arrive about 9AM - can't wait for Mary's homemade cookies!!

I will probably take an AWD vehicle (no 914 this time) but the roads should be pretty clear.

As a side note - after this weekend we will have to close the T-shirt orders so we can get them into production and have them ready and shipped prior to the build.
Mary Shortridge
Rick and Mike are almost to Garden City, and the thermometer is showing a balmy 11 degrees! Luke's shop is nice and warm for Rick, Mike and Mike to review all of Buttercup's parts, starting tomorrow. I have LOTS of parts to clean before "the Build". I'll attach a photo of the table of parts that 914World members so generously sent to Buttercup. Thanks so much! I'll keep you posted!
EdwardBlume
Nice. I'll be glued to this post all weekend as I'm anxious to hear about next steps...
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jan 29 2010, 08:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 29 2010, 08:33 AM) *

Whatever! driving.gif Picking Rick up at DIA later this morning and heading out early afternoon. Can't wait!

We got 4" here in Wichita - a little more north and south of us - I will head out at 5AM Saturday morning and arrive about 9AM - can't wait for Mary's homemade cookies!!

I will probably take an AWD vehicle (no 914 this time) but the roads should be pretty clear.

As a side note - after this weekend we will have to close the T-shirt orders so we can get them into production and have them ready and shipped prior to the build.

I drove my teener to work in the sleet and snow today just to practice for the Buttercup run to Kansas. Looking forward to arriving with the top off! aktion035.gif
hot_shoe914
icon_bump.gif for a new member. Okay, so I like reading it too. bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.