Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MUSR 11 Registration Now Open
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 7 2010, 09:45 PM) *

headbang.gif headbang.gif Why in the hell did I watch those videos ?? headbang.gif headbang.gif No promises, but I'm going to do my best to make it Donald driving.gif

That would be awesome Scott. The offer I made earlier still stands. Also, if you do come I can bring the flares, rockers and other goodies I have for you. Ken and I will be out there next weekend doing preruns. Should have some cool new videos to post then.

driving.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif

p.s. Robyn will be in her 44 so if you bring yours she will have some company.
Mary Shortridge
Better be careful what video you post. Some of us are AFRAID of this drive, after watching your video!!! PLEASE do not post any images of the sheer drop off, no guard rails, etc.
THANKS!!!!
bandjoey
Scotty B. Can't wait to meet 'ya man. Common Down! aktion035.gif
ClayPerrine
Ok.. Here's a personal update.

With the 14 to 16 hour days at work I have not had much time to get in the garage. So I finally got out and finished off Frody for a bit. The engine is running strong. Yesterday I replaced the throttle and speedo cables and test drove him. Today I adjusted the gear lever, fixed the instrument lights, and replaced the interior rear view mirror. Almost melted doing it, as it is 105 outside right now.

I got the replacement bottom end for my six almost torn down, and it will be done tonight. Tomorrow starts another 16 hour day week, but I will try to find time to update the registration, as I have envelopes waiting to be entered. But now I need to get in the garage finish pulling down that six.....

Registration update....

I keep getting some weird responses from the website. I get a message about registration, with just a couple of T-shirt sizes... No name, no contact info, nothing. If you have signed up and don't appear in the list on the first page, email me. I will make sure that you are included in the registration list.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 7 2010, 09:51 PM) *

p.s. Robyn will be in her 44 so if you bring yours she will have some company.

Robyn's 944 has been to so many 914 events that it is now officially an honorary 914. And I almost have her talked into buying a real 74 914 2.0. poke.gif

BTW.. in case you didn't notice... I highlighted this thread in Dragon Green!!! biggrin.gif
naro914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 8 2010, 04:22 PM) *

.....but I will try to find time to update the registration, as I have envelopes waiting to be entered. But now I need to get in the garage finish pulling down that six.....

Registration update....

I keep getting some weird responses from the website. I get a message about registration, with just a couple of T-shirt sizes... No name, no contact info, nothing. If you have signed up and don't appear in the list on the first page, email me. I will make sure that you are included in the registration list.

Please tell us when you update the list, I know of a bunch of people that said they signed up in the past few weeks, but don't browse this site, so they wont' know that you did not get their registration.

Still hoping Nadine and I (and Huey) can make it.
BIGKAT_83
Sent my check early last week. Now to get the car running.

Bob
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 8 2010, 06:15 PM) *

Sent my check early last week. Now to get the car running.

Bob

I am in the same boat..... gotta pull the six and fix the spun rod bearing.

smash.gif
scotty b
Well in the process of fixing a couple of minor oil leaks on the 944 I noticed my radiator is split down the seam dry.gif There goes another 230.00 I don't have headbang.gif Now I know where my coolant has been going though. New oil seals, new belts, new radiator, new A arms, new struts, new shocks, new lowering springs and 2 new front tires. Not much left at this point unsure.gif
hot_shoe914
Clay if you need to redirect the registrations to me just let me know. I believe it is important to keep an updated list. The more people they see coming, the more that will want to come. I'm working those long hours also and don't have my car running that I need by Friday to do the preruns, but I still make sure to keep this thread moving. Good luck with the cars and come fix mine before Thursday please.
bandjoey
As we get closer to the 60 day window, what help do ya'll need. Put out the word for help. drunk.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 9 2010, 06:36 PM) *

As we get closer to the 60 day window, what help do ya'll need. Put out the word for help. drunk.gif

1. Need an updated list of people registered.
2. Need my orange car running.
3. Need my black car valves adjusted.
4. Need my truck washed.
5. Need my house cleaned.

oops, got off track there a little.
BigDBass
Are any registrants from the midwest? Not necessarily Chicago but somewhere between hither and yon? ninja.gif icon_bump.gif
hot_shoe914
For anyone in the area, Ken and I will be making a run to the Dragon in the morning and doing all the runs this weekend to check travel times, photo stops, making sure the hotel is on same page as us. Securing eating places and generally trying to iron out any kinks that may arise. If anyone wants to make some runs with us just let me know and we will do our best to hook up with you. We will be staying at the event hotel Friday night and Saturday night so we won't be too hard to find. If you need to get in touch drop me an email and I will send you my phone number.

Shoe
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Aug 11 2010, 10:01 PM) *

Are any registrants from the midwest? Not necessarily Chicago but somewhere between hither and yon? ninja.gif icon_bump.gif

Anybody seen Doug Leggins around lately? I'm sure he might be interested in this and he is from your geographical area.
naro914
Registration list update please?
Been 2 months... poke.gif
hot_shoe914
A registration update would be nice and also be nice if ya cashed the checks so I can balance out my books.

On other news Ken and I and another friend just got back from running the Dragon, HellBender and Cherohala Skyway for the last 3 days. Talk about fun. Even managed to take a boxster off road, across a ditch and back on the road with no damage. Finished finalizing plans and setting things up. We stayed at the hotel that we have reserved and it is nice. Awesome hot breakfast that I am sure everyone will enjoy. Several more rooms were reserved than the last time I checked and I didn't recognize a lot of the names so apparently there are people coming that I don't know about. Those of you that have registered, or are planning on registering but have not yet secured your room, you may want to consider doing this real soon before they all disappear.

In yet still other news, the optional trip to Jake's place on Sunday is no longer an option. Jake has races to attend and will not be available as we had hoped. Don't fret though, there will be a blind autoX on Sunday before we leave, and if you have never participated in one, you won't want to miss the fun, exciting and hilarious event.

Shoe
naro914
I am not sending in my registration until the list is updated... poke.gif poke.gif poke.gif
bandjoey
Call me Clay if I can help with the registration.
aktion035.gif No don't call me Clay or Shirley.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 1 2010, 11:15 PM) *

Can't sign up yet. Gotsta check with the boss. Two events within a month of each other could be a real issue. slap.gif

Still on the fence. Me and Ed were kicking the can about this today. Boss lady didn't say no dice yet. We will be last minute if I can make it.
naro914
Rick you gotta be there. I keep telling all these guys about this 914 with a 928 engine in it. You are quite the celebrity with the local 914 crowd....some think you're crazy, others, especially those that own both, love the idea...(still think you're crazy, but aren't we all???) smile.gif
Brett W
I'm in and bringing the new wife.
Brett W
I'm in and bringing the new wife.
914shutterbugB
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Apr 1 2010, 05:25 PM) *

Buttercup plans to be there! Ron and I will trailer her as far as Memphis, at least.
Any advice on trailers would be greatly appreciated! Especially what kind of system to "tie down". (A friend was telling me about straps that go around each wheel on his racecar. A good idea on a 914?)
THANKS!

Mary I'm an working hard on the Buttercup story for you type.gif and I PROMISE I will have it done by the Ramble for you!!! biggrin.gif
naro914
Registration update Please??? My buddies here in Carolinas are getting concerned. They sent in registrations and have heard nothing....
rick 918-S
QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 17 2010, 06:56 PM) *

Registration update Please??? My buddies here in Carolinas are getting concerned. They sent in registrations and have heard nothing....

icon_bump.gif Hey Bob, If I come I will likely be driving a 2.0 car. I hurt the transaxle in the Alien and have not had time to get it out of the car. confused24.gif But who knows... shades.gif
naro914
earth to Clay...come in Clay Or are you really on another planet??? very_first_smiley[1].gif
hot_shoe914
Well, since I can't get a response nor an update from Clay, I am going to see if I can help out a little. I have no way ofknowing if he has received your registration or not or if you have paid or not. I know some of the people on the list have paid since the last update but it is not reflected here. I am posting the list from the last update 2 months ago and am going to ask everyone who has sent registration to please post so I will know. I have donating vendors trying to get a head count so they can plan their donations. Thank you all for your patience and understanding in this matter. Hopefully Clay will be able to get caught up from his busy schedule and chime in with what he has received. You may post here or send me a message and I will add you to the list.

Thanks,
Shoe

Update June 13. Please check the list and let me know if anyone is missing or has some wrong information.

Andrews Bill -Unpaid - Tshirt Large
Barnes Kevin -Paid Tshirt Large
Barnes Leesa -Paid Tshirt XL
Bischoff Bob -Unpaid Tshirt XL
Donaldson Jamie -Paid Tshirt None :-(
Girello Rick -Paid Tshirt XXL
Girello Terrie -Paid Tshirt Med
Howard Robyn -Paid Tshirt Large
Howard Travis -Paid Tshirt XL
Knight Donna -Paid Tshirt XXL
Knight Kelvin -Paid Tshirt Large
Murphy Avery -Paid Tshirt Large
Park Ken -paid Tshirt Large
Perrine Clay -Paid Tshirt Med
Perrine Betty -Paid Tshirt XL
Perry Dana -Unpaid Tshirt Large
Russell Brittney -Unpaid Tshirt Large
Russell Don -paid Tshirt XXXL
Schleif Steven -Unpaid Tshirt Large
Shortridge Mary -Paid Tshirt Large
Shortridge Ron -Paid Tshirt XL
Snapp J. T. -Unpaid Tshirt Large
dr914@autoatlanta.com
ok just to sweeten the pot and make this the largest 914 gathering the "world" has recently seen, I will make everyone a deal. If we get 40 cars signed up and guaranteed to show up, I will contribute some heavy heavy door prizes (nothing to weigh your 914 down though!)
bandjoey
DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU TO DRIVE THE 916 DOWN!!!!! beerchug.gif
naro914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 19 2010, 05:11 PM) *

ok just to sweeten the pot and make this the largest 914 gathering the "world" has recently seen, I will make everyone a deal. If we get 40 cars signed up and guaranteed to show up, I will contribute some heavy heavy door prizes (nothing to weigh your 914 down though!)

We might ALREADY have 40 cars, but nobody would know would we? poke.gif
Brett W
I need to send my check out to Clay. I keep forgetting to do it in the morning. I will get it out tomorrow. (As long as there will be an event) smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
YOU KNOW..... that could be arranged if the situation was right.

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 19 2010, 02:18 PM) *

Kansas 914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 19 2010, 04:45 PM) *

Now that has me re-thinkng about making this happen somehow.....

Mmmm Porsche 916 - could be a once in a lifetime chance... idea.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 19 2010, 05:25 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 19 2010, 04:45 PM) *

Now that has me re-thinkng about making this happen somehow.....

Mmmm Porsche 916 - could be a once in a lifetime chance... idea.gif

George, you drive the 916 and I'll fix my transaxle and bring the Alien. assimilate.gif What a photo opt!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 19 2010, 05:33 PM) *

George, you drive the 916 and I'll fix my transaxle and bring the Alien. What a photo opt!

Now if we could only get a 917 to pose between the 916 and the "918"....
naro914
Bring the cars to Hickory,NC and I could make that happen smile.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 19 2010, 05:53 PM) *

I'd buy that poster........
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 19 2010, 05:55 PM) *

QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 19 2010, 05:53 PM) *

I'd buy that poster........

You guys are like bad drugs. I've been online since my post looking to replace my two rear tires for the trip only to find out they have been discontinued.... So my tire budget just inflated by two because you all know you can't have mis-matched tires screwy.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 19 2010, 04:11 PM) *

WOW George, when I asked you to think big, you did! That is such an awesome offer. I am doing everything in my power to get the people there, hopefully it will happen. I am about to start a vendor donor list so everybody will know who all is backing our precious little cars with their awesome products. Some very nice door prizes in the makings for the attendees. Sign up now if you haven't already. Let's get George and his 916 out there so we can all get our photo with it. aktion035.gif

Shoe
bandjoey
If he brings the car, I'll move George off my bad list and buy something from him just to check the out the new and improved service I hear about. stirthepot.gif With a commitment, we'll get a PCA reporter to show and do a write up.
hot_shoe914
Ground Control to Ninja Trunk Monkey, come in Trunk Monkey!!
bandjoey
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 20 2010, 07:28 PM) *

Ground Control to Ninja Trunk Monkey, come in Trunk Monkey!!

Just shot him and email and will stop by there tomorrow. I know he's working those 16 hour days and probably hasn't been online.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 19 2010, 04:11 PM) *

Okay, from what I can see so far, we have 25 cars registered and about 35 people total. That means we just need another 15 cars to get George to sweeten the pot with awesome prizes. I say we go for 50 cars and see if the other donors will go bigger also. I know of at least 5 that I have talked to that are planning on coming but are not registered yet. I only see ONE of you northeast guys signed up. WTF.gif This is you best chance ever to attend a MUSR and it is on the Dragon at that! What are you guys waiting for? Tell your friends and enemies to come on down.

Shoe
jt914-6
Shoe....have you found a motel that the Texas bunch, others and I can stay in Wed. night? Maybe one on I-40 on the way out of town and NOT in the hood??? ar15.gif
naro914
shoe,
if you're going by the list on page 1, that is completely WRONG!! It hasn't been updated in over 2 months. I know of 5 cars coming from Carolinas that are not on the list, not to mention all the others from everywhere else. And most of those guys are not on 914world, so they wouldn't know to contact you or Clay directly.

My guess is that a lot of people have signed up in the past couple months, so we are missing a lot from the list. Until it's updated, you have no idea exactly how many there are.
rick 918-S
I talked with Sandy about this event. Even with her busy schedule she wants to attend. I'm ordering new tires for the Alien. The transaxle is coming out this weekend to be repaired. So we like at 60% now and climbing. BTW: I talked with Kelly Manley yesterday. He's seriously thinking about coming too but will be last minute.
pcar916
I'm comin' beerchug.gif driving.gif
hot_shoe914
I now have access to a link that feeds me the names of those who register off the site. The list on page 1 is only 22 people, cars and all. I have another list that is showing 25 cars registered plus a number of non car driving guest. I still don't think I am 100% accurate but pretty damn close. Reason I say this is because there is one on the first list that doesn't show up on the other for some reason and I know they are registered. Still some room for error but I have a lot better idea now than I did 2 days ago.
poorsche914
I helped Clay set up the registration site and have a copy of the registrations forwarded to my email in case something happens on Clay's end. I went thru the entries and here is the "unofficial" participant count by state:

6 - TX
1 - PA
2 - GA
2 - KY
4 - NC
3 - AL
3 - TN
1 - KS
1 - AR
2 - unknown

I am guessing there are more registered that maybe contacted Clay directly. In fact, after cross checking Clay's list and mine, there are two entries on his that I do not have. By now, I am sure there are more.

naro914 and pcar916 - have you guys registered online or directly with Clay? I don't see your names on the list. If you DID register online, then we need to figure out why it never went through.

driving.gif steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.