Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MUSR 11 Registration Now Open
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
dr914@autoatlanta.com
How about an update on how many 914s are registered and paid??
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 9 2010, 01:41 PM) *

How about an update on how man 914s are registered and paid??

I will see what I can find out for you George, probably real close to the magic number now. Better get that 916 all cleaned up, people are really looking forward to seeing it.
naro914
for those of you that have NOT seen the 916, here it is at Charlotte Parade

Note in pic 2 that Huey was just across the street from it...(also note all the 914's)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 9 2010, 02:44 PM) *

for those of you that have NOT seen the 916, here it is at Charlotte Parade

Note in pic 2 that Huey was just across the street from it...(also note all the 914's)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

That is an AWESOME photo! Can't wait to see you at the Tail!
naro914
Yeah, since Bill Dunster was in charge of the Corral (a 914 owner - that's his 6th down on the left - yellow stock nose), and I was helping him park cars, I decided who got front row parking. To me, it was kind of obvious. This was also Huey's first time in public after the Targa wreck.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
40 paid 914s means door prizes, 916, steves m-471, me there to sign autographed copies of the tech tips 700 book, participation in the tech session, maybe a few more special 914s (to be announced!) and maybe I will even spring for some drinks!!!

AS AN ADDED BONUS FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HATE ME, YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO ABUSE ME IN PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too much to lose to not make the 40 PAID 914s. PLUS what a photo shoot it will make and what a gathering of 914s not seen in recent history.

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 9 2010, 12:34 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 9 2010, 01:41 PM) *

How about an update on how man 914s are registered and paid??

I will see what I can find out for you George, probably real close to the magic number now. Better get that 916 all cleaned up, people are really looking forward to seeing it.

naro914
Damn, I just found the envelope with my registration check in it sitting under a pile of stuff on my desk!

It will be in the mail tomorrow.
Mary Shortridge
So........ how cool would it be to have an AERIAL photo of all those 914s on the Tail? I have a pilot lined up for Friday and Saturday, so we'll figure out the logistics closer to the event, and see how the weather is going to shake out. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
hot_shoe914
Just spoke with the hotel and over half of our rooms are gone. Had 3 more sign up today so if you haven't booked your room yet you may want to do so before they are gone.

Shoe
poorsche914
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Sep 9 2010, 04:44 PM) *

So........ how cool would it be to have an AERIAL photo of all those 914s on the Tail? I have a pilot lined up for Friday and Saturday, so we'll figure out the logistics closer to the event, and see how the weather is going to shake out. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Wow, aerial shots would be great!!!

By my count, there are 36 914s so far. Almost to the magic count of 40!!!
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Sep 9 2010, 03:44 PM) *

AERIAL photo of all those 914s on the Tail? I have a pilot lined up for Friday and Saturday

WOW!!!!!!

Now that would/will be sweet......

For you Mary first.gif
hot_shoe914
[quote name='dr914@autoatlanta.com' date='Sep 9 2010, 03:25 PM' post='1368413']

AS AN ADDED BONUS FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HATE ME, YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO ABUSE ME IN PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='hot_shoe914' post='1368384' date='Sep 9 2010, 12:34 PM']
[quote name='dr914@autoatlanta.com' post='1368356' date='Sep 9 2010, 01:41 PM']
[/quote]
Hmmm, should I see about getting a dunk tank set up for the George haters?
bandjoey
OK. It's be kind to George month. A year ago I'd been in line for the dunk tank but it looks like he's trying to make amends. Thanks George for stepping up. w00t.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 9 2010, 04:01 PM) *

OK. It's be kind to George month. A year ago I'd been in line for the dunk tank but it looks like he's trying to make amends. Thanks George for stepping up. w00t.gif

agree.gif
naro914
Personally, I have never had any issues with AA and especially George. Admittedly, I have not purchased much except for a few sheet metal parts when we rebuilt Huey, but all has always been good.

As a former automotive business owner - specifically Porsche business - I completely understand some of the things George goes through. He has a love for a particular car. But, he is a businessman. He offers a service to his customers, but he needs to make money doing it. Some people seem to forget that the businesses we buy things from are businesses...not some side hobby that is just for our benefit.

Do things get screwed up? Absolutely. That's business. But in the end, George usually has that hard to find part you need. Will it cost you? Sure...Supply and demand.

and no, don't start going on about this experience or that experience....not on this thread....this is not the time or place.

George has put a challenge to the 914 community and has promised riches and rewards for all of us (that actually send our registration in smile.gif) Lets all make it happen!
BigDBass
I want to register the 40th 914 so I can be the hero. Wife campaign continues. (My mom seems to have the impression that she's coming along if I make it since her Uncle Fred lives in Vonore.)
bandjoey
DanDanDan do you have the troubles. Everyone wants to go on your vacation as long as they get all the fun. poke.gif av-943.gif Sounds just like my family.
bandjoey
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 31 2010, 02:28 PM) *

I will probably start a new thread but for now everybody coming to MUSR and spending the night in Memphis let me know as I'm working on a group rate for you guys & I need to know how many rooms are needed.

I was looking for the new thread. John & I are in a room in TN. If you start a new thread we can get a real count and see what's available in Memphis. type.gif Or tell me to do it and I will if you're overloaded.
scotty b
Got my room. I too had left my envelope under some other papers but it went out thursday.

If I put a set of L.E. stripes and a 2.0 sticker on the back of the 944 would it count as a 914 ??? idea.gif
hot_shoe914
914 count Clay, Steve, anyone?
ClayPerrine
OK.. I am FINALLY done with this deployment at work. 6 weeks of work without a day off, and 84 and 88 hour weeks are over! And I have been told that I can take a couple of extra days off to make up for the lost weekends. So it is going to be easier to get there for me.

The OFFICIAL count of 914s is 33. That is all that are registered.

Here is the registration list as of today:

Andrews, Bill - Paid
Barnes, Kevin - Paid
Barnes, Leesa - Paid
Bischoff, Bob - Paid
Bland, John - Paid
Burnett, Scott
Donaldson, Jamie - Paid
Fisher, Riva
Fisher, Richard
Flanagan, John - Paid
Flanagan, Mella - Paid
Fleischer, Robert - Paid
Foley, Charles
Foley, Chris
Forbes, John - Paid
Girello, Rick - Paid
Girello, Terrie - Paid
Grier, John
Grier, William
Howard, Robyn - Paid
Howard, Travis - Paid
Jentz, Adrienne
Jentz, John
Knight, Donna - Paid
Knight, Kelvin - Paid
Leehr, Doug
Morrow, Ed - Paid
Morrow, Terry - Paid
Mott, Ronn
Murphy, Avery - Paid
North, Donna - Paid
Park, Ken - Paid
Perrine, Clay - Paid
Perrine, Betty - Paid
Perry, Dana - Paid
Philip, Chuck
Philip, Charles
Plasket, Matt - Paid
Poindexter, Robbie - Paid
Russel, Brittney
Russel, Don - Paid
Saville, Bob
Saville, Nadine
Schleif, Steven
Shortridge, Mary - Paid
Shortridge, Ron - Paid
Snapp, J.T. - Paid
Weikel, Jay - Paid
Whisenant, Brett - Paid
Whisenant, Cathy. - Paid

Hopefully, the Alien will make it, and I know that Mike Floyd said he was coming.

So we need 5 or 6 more 914's.. C'mon.. let's get the good DR to actually bring the 916!!!

hot_shoe914
Welcome back Clay!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 12 2010, 10:41 PM) *

Welcome back Clay!

Now I have car stuff to do instead of work...... smash.gif
bandjoey
30 Day Bump

Get registered today piratenanner.gif
hot_shoe914
Okay people, we really need to get another 5 or 6 teeners registered. Talked to George today and it will be well worth it for us to have 40 registered teeners. I can not, or will not, divulge the reasons but take my word for it, it will be well worth the effort. Other things in the works too that I will reveal when I get it finalized.

Thanks,
Shoe
bandjoey
Everyone email their PCA region officer to get out an email blast to members. beerchug.gif
BigDBass
Hmm, I'll email the Chicago region PCA but wish it had come up earlier.

Probably a long shot here, but is there anyone coming up from Florida passing through St. Petersburg area that may have an extra passenger seat to/from MUSR? (Would save me round-trip airfare from Tampa to Chicago for a friend biggrin.gif )
WFG
Just a freindly BUMP. Come on people sign up
bandjoey
Ok. Operators are standing by. Call in the next 15 minutes to get your order shipped out postage free - just pay additional shipping and handling - and we'll also throw in 2 extra knives, guaranteed to filet a fish, tomato, and your neighbors (insert your words here). One easy payment to Clay. drunk.gif
BigDBass
Wife approval: Check
Boss approval: Check

Ok, looks like I'm in! biggrin.gif

I will contact the hotel in the morning and register for MUSR.

Registration question: My "secondary registrant" is still undecided as we're trying to figure out his schedule/logistics to come from St. Petersburg FL. Would the organizers prefer that I add secondary when I register, or add him later when he confirms? If I must, I can consider forfeited registration fee upon cancellation as a donation to the event, so I'm not overly concerned there. (Not that I'm eager to throw the $ away!!)

Anyway, woohoo! Looks like I'll see you there. (Oh, and might need to attempt to recruit to Chicago 914ers to help me prep!)
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Sep 16 2010, 12:06 AM) *

Wife approval: Check
Boss approval: Check

Ok, looks like I'm in! biggrin.gif

I will contact the hotel in the morning and register for MUSR.

Registration question: My "secondary registrant" is still undecided as we're trying to figure out his schedule/logistics to come from St. Petersburg FL. Would the organizers prefer that I add secondary when I register, or add him later when he confirms? If I must, I can consider forfeited registration fee upon cancellation as a donation to the event, so I'm not overly concerned there. (Not that I'm eager to throw the $ away!!)

Anyway, woohoo! Looks like I'll see you there. (Oh, and might need to attempt to recruit to Chicago 914ers to help me prep!)

There is no need to forfeit money. As long as I know in time before I finalize the banquet dinner and such. We will make do. I am just glad you are coming down. Now grab some more people from your area and make them convoy with you. driving.gif
BigDBass

Registered and reserved room!

One 914 closer to the target!

Rooms are getting booked but some are still available! So get off the fence and sign up!
dlee6204
Registered and reserved room!

One 914 closer to the target!

Woohoo! smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif

Is this event still four weeks away? It seems like foreverrrr...
BIGKAT_83
At the time I registered my wife was unable to go, but now she can get the time off. How do I add her?

Wished I had her car done so she could drive it. driving-girl.gif
BigDBass
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Sep 16 2010, 07:33 PM) *

At the time I registered my wife was unable to go, but now she can get the time off. How do I add her?

Wished I had her car done so she could drive it. driving-girl.gif

My guess would be to complete registration on website, put car model as "None" and note her "association" with you in the comments section, then mail the check for payment to Clay.

Oh, and then get her car done to get the 914 count towards 40!!!
naro914
Rick
Ok, I held up my end of the bargain, Huey is going to be there, now we expect to see Alien there too!
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 17 2010, 08:55 AM) *

Rick
Ok, I held up my end of the bargain, Huey is going to be there, now we expect to see Alien there too!

The Alien had some serious trouble on the way to RRC near Lincoln. Believe it had to be towed back North?

sad.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Don't be alarmed if there is an influx of more participants. We are doing a mass mailing today with the MUSR link. We want this to be the best 914 event EVER!

Anyone coming up from Florida Tampa area who can help Steve Gaglione get his M-471 up this way??
dr914@autoatlanta.com
How about a revised 9/17 count of how many paid 914 cars are showing up??? 40 is the magic number.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
door prize suggestions!

I hate it when attending an event and winning a door prize that it is just a sappy thing that no one wants. I feel for the companies who had spent good money on the prize only to have it passed on or thrown away. We do not want this to happen this time. Hence I am taking suggestions for door prizes from all PAID participants of what they would like to see in door prizes. The sky's the limit, but of course I will not guarantee that I can or will provide them, and NONE of the cars in my collection are available!!!!
BigDBass
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 17 2010, 12:52 PM) *
Anyone coming up from Florida Tampa area who can help Steve Gaglione get his M-471 up this way??

I'd be happy to fly down to TPA and drive it up to MUSR for him! biggrin.gif
robby750
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 17 2010, 01:58 PM) *

door prize suggestions!

I hate it when attending an event and winning a door prize that it is just a sappy thing that no one wants. I feel for the companies who had spent good money on the prize only to have it passed on or thrown away. We do not want this to happen this time. Hence I am taking suggestions for door prizes from all PAID participants of what they would like to see in door prizes. The sky's the limit, but of course I will not guarantee that I can or will provide them, and NONE of the cars in my collection are available!!!!

This is just one of the incentives to get more people to attend (and a very good one indeed). I am really looking forward to attending and want to remind everyone that this will be the perfect time of the year weather wise, and the roads and scenery are outstanding. Please, if at all possible try to bring your 914 and join the fun. It really is true... The More the Merrier!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(' date='Sep 17 2010, 12:58 PM @ Sep 17 2010, 12:58 PM) *

door prize suggestions!

okay, you asked so here goes:

GT flares & rockers
complete clutch kit
replacement carpet
various replacement metal
clutch & accelerator cables
euro tail lenses
bumper tops
turbo tie rods
swaybars & drop links
assorted brake parts
new set of Konis
car cover
front euro lenses
shirts

Shall I keep going or wait til the paramedics get your heart going again? poke.gif
bandjoey
4 lug Fuchs biggrin.gif even used and drivable

Interior parts...carpet dash covers window cranks etc
side graphics
money certificates
hats jackets golf shirts
naro914
Oooo, I like the idea of clutch and throttle cables. How about some 914/6 stuff? (like a throttle cable smile.gif)
tail light lenses?

Though honestly you may be better off with gift certificates. That way they can be used for anything people want/need. Then, as we all do, we end up spending much more than the gift certificate...more of a 'well, while I'm shopping for X, lets get Y and Z too!" Happens all the time... smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yup excellent idea. Thank you.

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 17 2010, 02:51 PM) *

Oooo, I like the idea of clutch and throttle cables. How about some 914/6 stuff? (like a throttle cable smile.gif)
tail light lenses?

Though honestly you may be better off with gift certificates. That way they can be used for anything people want/need. Then, as we all do, we end up spending much more than the gift certificate...more of a 'well, while I'm shopping for X, lets get Y and Z too!" Happens all the time... smile.gif

Great Idea Bob!!!

and George can carry a LOT of them....in a 916

pray.gif beer.gif biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Sep 17 2010, 06:16 PM) *

Great Idea Bob!!!

and George can carry a LOT of them....in a 916

pray.gif beer.gif biggrin.gif

Yeah, but I REALLY need some new euro lenses for the front of the Bee since one has a hole it it. mad.gif
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 17 2010, 01:58 PM) *

door prize suggestions!

How about bringing some parts (flairs,lenses,cables, etc) and SELL them at a event special discount price.

Bob
BigDBass
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Sep 17 2010, 07:04 PM) *
How about bringing some parts (flairs,lenses,cables, etc) and SELL them at a event special discount price.

Cuz that leaves less room for free stuff!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.