Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MUSR 11 Registration Now Open
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
hot_shoe914
Okay, so who is Amy? Is she hot? Is she single? Does she have brown eyes? confused24.gif
bandjoey
QUOTE(GTPatrick @ Oct 11 2010, 07:31 PM) *

What is the name of the Hotel that everyone is staying in coming from the far west boonies ? Street addy ? Is there any kind of eta for the caravan ?

Knowing that everyone is leaving out early , and I have to get up early and go to that nasty " W " word . will there be any party festivities at all ??? beer.gif

I'll drop on by after work Wed. evening . Can't go , it's a paycheck thing . hissyfit.gif

Ciao for now . piratenanner.gif

GTP aktion035.gif

Baymont Inn & Suites Memphis
6020 Shelby Oaks Drive
Memphis, TN 37501
(901) 377-2233 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (901) 377-2233 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

hot_shoe914
ONLY TWO DAYS PEOPLE!!! It isn't too late to come join in the fun, lots of good things going on!
Amy
Thanks to Eric our car now stops perfectly. we took it out yesterday for a little drive and it did good ...there is some backfiring but Jesse said he should be able to track that down today. I'm ready to get on the road.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Amy @ Oct 12 2010, 07:47 AM) *

Thanks to Eric our car now stops perfectly. we took it out yesterday for a little drive and it did good ...there is some backfiring but Jesse said he should be able to track that down today. I'm ready to get on the road.

You guys drive safely and have a great trip.We will see you on Thursday!!!
rwjames

Amy,

I will be leaving from Montgomery Thursday morning.

I just installed some rebuilt rear calipers from Eric on my orange '73 914 so my brakes are in good shape. I just have a few electrical bugs and other issues to work out before Thursday.

Looking forward to meeting you fellow Alabama teeners later this week.

Rich
driving.gif
bandjoey
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 11 2010, 09:23 PM) *

Okay, so who is Amy? Is she hot? Is she single? Does she have brown eyes? confused24.gif

You forgot to ask does she have a sister. drunk.gif poke.gif
Amy
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Oct 12 2010, 02:13 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 11 2010, 09:23 PM) *

You forgot to ask does she have a sister. drunk.gif poke.gif

2 sisters

IPB Image

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
sunglasses.gif
okieflyr
I don't know which is more difficult. Packing all my wife's "STUFF" into the 914, or convincing her that she can't take it all! dry.gif This trip is going to be an adventure! See you Thursday!
ClayPerrine
Got two registration checks in the mail today.....

James Barnes - Paid.

Will and Laura Balance - Paid.

Heading out in the morning for Memphis.

See Y'all there!
hot_shoe914
Texas and Arkansas people arrive in Memphis today! We all leave for the Dragon early in the morning!! Meanwhile, I have a date with Buttercup today. piratenanner.gif Taking her down to get her picture made in front of Graceland. Might try and talk Mary into following me out to some twisties if I have time. driving.gif
jt914-6
Shoe...be sure and post some pics.... drooley.gif Getting ready to meet the Texas bunch later here....then on to Memphis....
SGB
Wish I could make it....

2kids + college = poor.
Hey Scott,

Wish you could make it up.....Would be good to see you again!
Make it a day trip up Fri or Sat and see the gang??

Ken
Jesse
QUOTE(rwjames @ Oct 12 2010, 12:15 PM) *

Amy,

I will be leaving from Montgomery Thursday morning.

I just installed some rebuilt rear calipers from Eric on my orange '73 914 so my brakes are in good shape. I just have a few electrical bugs and other issues to work out before Thursday.

Looking forward to meeting you fellow Alabama teeners later this week.

Rich
driving.gif

We will be leaving Mobile around 6:30 in the morning, pit stop in montgomery around 9am, then through birmingham around 11 then to MUSR about 3 or 3:30pm

My # is 251-689-2301 if anyone on that rout has trouble or wants to travel together let me know
driving.gif
Brett W
Car is tweaked and about ready to go. Will be loading the car to leave in the morning around 7AM CST. If anyone needs any help along the road, give me shout and I can help if I am in the area. Should be in Chattanooga by 10AM EST.

See ya'll tomorrow evening.
BigDBass

I got most stuff ready I guess. Didn't get to change oil, adjust valves, or flush brake fluid. Maybe I can get some of it done in the parking lot Thursday afternoon. Anyone want to volunteer to coach?! biggrin.gif

Heading out from Chicagoland to Lexington KY area around 6pm this evening. Anybody on that route feel free to PM or email for my cell # etc.
Eric_Shea

smilie_pokal.gif I was wondering if you guys got it all buttoned up. Bed those brakes! Take lots of pictures. biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
I haven't packed, I haven't prepared either car, I didn't do anything today to get ready to go....BUT.....I did run around with Buttercup all day and even got to driving.gif her once! aktion035.gif
dlee6204
Well it doesn't look like my 914 will be making the trip. sad.gif It's been having issues since I replaced the engine this past weekend and I can't get it dialed in. Looks like I will be driving the 'regular' vehicle. Ugh.
john grier
Well it looks like the our 914's are close to being ready. piratenanner.gif
Did not have time to detail them but who cares, at least we will be there,
if they don't break down on the way.
Seems like the worst is packing for this trip.
Going to be warm in the daytime but going down to the 30's at night. blink.gif
Heading out sometime in the morning,
Don't know when really, just when everything seems ready,
hope that we have not forgotten anything.
See yall tomorrow sometime.
John
Oh I will not be driveing my yellow car.
I will be driveing our untested 73 1.7 Delphi
This will be a leap of faith as we have not so much as
put 100 miles on it yet. driving.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(john grier @ Oct 13 2010, 08:13 PM) *

Well it looks like the our 914's are close to being ready. piratenanner.gif
Did not have time to detail them but who cares, at least we will be there,
if they don't break down on the way.
Seems like the worst is packing for this trip.
Going to be warm in the daytime but going down to the 30's at night. blink.gif
Heading out sometime in the morning,
Don't know when really, just when everything seems ready,
hope that we have not forgotten anything.
See yall tomorrow sometime.
John
Oh I will not be driveing my yellow car.
I will be driveing our untested 73 1.7 Delphi
This will be a leap of faith as we have not so much as
put 100 miles on it yet. driving.gif

You guys can meet up with us in Nashville if you want. If we get out of Memphis on time we should hit Nashville around 10:30 or so. Shoot me your number and we'll call you when we get close if you guys wanna join up with us.
ClayPerrine
It's morning in Memphis, and we are getting ready to leave. Departure time is scheduled for 7:30.

See you around 4 or so.

Oh..and ask Shoe about his car.... lol-2.gif
ChrisFoley
I'm in Tennessee! 12 hours to get here, 795 miles so far.
See you all at the car show in the morning.
BK911
Do you guys have any itinerary?

I would love to meet some of you guys (and girls) and check out some of the cars.
cooltimes
Since I can never can go to MUSR's, I went down to the I40 overpass, exit 83, Jackson TN at 8:35 this morning and hoped to get a few overhead snaps of some 914's heading toward Nashville, aas they head South East to the Dragon Tail. I messed up my timing. I figured an hour and 15 minutes from that Hotel in Memphis to the Jackson overpass.You guys must have left early or drove fast.

Sorry I missed my 914 photo opportunity. 1st photo is just a shot of cars on Interstate showing west about a mile.. 2nd photo, the red car, fooled me. In my next post I'll add the 3rd photo which is a close up of that red car. Says over my limit for this post).Still can't make out what it was other than a red car. duh!
Have a fun time.
Salute.

MikeCool

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

cooltimes
Continued from my previous post. What make is this Red car that fooled me?

Click to view attachment

MikeCool
74GoKart
Late start from Nashville, but we are on our way.
naro914
Nadine and I want to say THANK YOU to Clay, Betty, Donald, Ken and all that were involved with MUSR11!! We had a great time!! beerchug.gif I know all of you put in a lot of work to make this happen - I don't think most people realize how much effort it takes to pull together so many people and entertain them for 3 days.

Well, needless to say...we were VERY entertained! (oh, and we drove some great roads too!!)

And a special thanks goes to Mr. Crimson Shaft himself, Ken Park. Ken was the mastermind behind the routes - and managed to get us lost on Saturday! lol-2.gif But that's OK, we were here to DRIVE on great roads, not sit around in a parking lot (or on the side of the road fixing a clutch...oh.. um...I mean CV joint)....and boy did we drive on some wonderful back country roads Saturday. driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Thanks again all!! Lets do it again next year!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Oct 18 2010, 02:59 PM) *

Nadine and I want to say THANK YOU to Clay, Betty, Donald, Ken and all that were involved with MUSR11!! We had a great time!! beerchug.gif I know all of you put in a lot of work to make this happen - I don't think most people realize how much effort it takes to pull together so many people and entertain them for 3 days.

Well, needless to say...we were VERY entertained! (oh, and we drove some great roads too!!)

And a special thanks goes to Mr. Crimson Shaft himself, Ken Park. Ken was the mastermind behind the routes - and managed to get us lost on Saturday! lol-2.gif But that's OK, we were here to DRIVE on great roads, not sit around in a parking lot (or on the side of the road fixing a clutch...oh.. um...I mean CV joint)....and boy did we drive on some wonderful back country roads Saturday. driving.gif driving-girl.gif

I'm glad that it worked out where you, Nadine and Huey could make the event. Whether you know it or not, there are people everywhere that will drive hundreds of miles just to see Huey! Wish the traffic had allowed me to video Huey through the curves but Nadine was too slow for me, I just had to go around.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Oct 15 2010, 11:32 AM) *

Since I can never can go to MUSR's, I went down to the I40 overpass, exit 83, Jackson TN at 8:35 this morning and hoped to get a few overhead snaps of some 914's heading toward Nashville, aas they head South East to the Dragon Tail. I messed up my timing. I figured an hour and 15 minutes from that Hotel in Memphis to the Jackson overpass.You guys must have left early or drove fast.

Sorry I missed my 914 photo opportunity. 1st photo is just a shot of cars on Interstate showing west about a mile.. 2nd photo, the red car, fooled me. In my next post I'll add the 3rd photo which is a close up of that red car. Says over my limit for this post).Still can't make out what it was other than a red car. duh!
Have a fun time.
Salute.

MikeCool

You should have said something, we would have called you and let you know when we were going to pass through. Might have even stopped and said hello.
poorsche914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Oct 18 2010, 03:59 PM) *

I second that piratenanner.gif
naro914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 18 2010, 04:39 PM) *

I'm glad that it worked out where you, Nadine and Huey could make the event. Whether you know it or not, there are people everywhere that will drive hundreds of miles just to see Huey! Wish the traffic had allowed me to video Huey through the curves but Nadine was too slow for me, I just had to go around.

Hmmm....I seem to remember her running away from you until we caught up to that car. You just happened to jump out and pass us before she could react and pass the slow Sunday driver.. smile.gif

and FYI, she hadn't driven Huey at all since springtime except in an autocross, so she's still getting used to him. either way, you do a great job thrashing that teener around, and yes, wish we had some good video....

thanks again for all the work!!
d914
I also want to say thanks to all who put in all that work... It was a great time...

The getting lost part was great.....we were so lost there was no traffic!!!!! smile.gif
SGB
pics?

cool_shades.gif

edit- found 'em. Cool.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(d914 @ Oct 18 2010, 03:56 PM) *

I also want to say thanks to all who put in all that work... It was a great time...

The getting lost part was great.....we were so lost there was no traffic!!!!! smile.gif

You are most welcome!
bandjoey
What a trip. Great People. Great Cars. Thanks again to all the planners and promoters and SPONSORS! driving.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif
naro914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 18 2010, 04:39 PM) *

Whether you know it or not, there are people everywhere that will drive hundreds of miles just to see Huey!

...and we drove hundreds of miles just to see everyone else! As Shoe said, it's all the attendees that make these events so succesful. It was great to see everyone, see some old friends, and meet some new ones.

beerchug.gif
scotty b
As everyone else has said, it was a great event and is always wonderful to put faces to the names and cars we see online. I also have to thank George for not only bringning the 916 but also driving it driving.gif . I think there are quite a few of us that expected him to pull it off the trailer and drive around the parking lot and no more. What a shock to see it not only driven but driven aggressively !! beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
naro914
agree.gif
cooltimes
Thanks Shoe. I didn't want to be a bother to anyone and just took my chance that I would see some 914's. Stayed there on the overpass for 1 1/2 hours. 8:35 till 10:25 and enjoyed the early sunshine and very fresh air.

After posting those 3 non 914 pixs in a dedicated to fun MUSR topic, I felt dumber than my wife thinks I am but the pixs heading back from others via the 914world Dragon Tail posts brightened up ol Cool and probably many others who couldn't attend.
Thanks all for sharing your 914 event.

MikeCool
Oakfield, TN

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 18 2010, 03:41 PM) *

QUOTE(cooltimes @ Oct 15 2010, 11:32 AM) *

Have a fun time.
Salute.

MikeCool

You should have said something, we would have called you and let you know when we were going to pass through. Might have even stopped and said hello.

hot_shoe914
You must have dozed off then because we left east Memphis before 8:00 and didn't stop til we were well past Jackson. Next time just come with us and you will see lots of teeners.
cooltimes
Since moving to Jackson area from Bartlett area 4 years ago, I have become a reclusive type person. Can't go to events where anyone with a 914 are because for good reasons of their own, they don't associate with me any more. Seriously, I am phonically deaf. I can't understand more than a word or 2 in a sentence when people talk so I just stay home. Not really a nut. just being too honest about myself.
Always an open book and never any unfriendly post to another 914 person is ever intended.

Just look at this ol man. 75 yrs made me old and ugly. I probably would have drunk more beer than you and I never doze. beerchug.gif
MikeCool
Oakfield, TN

Click to view attachment

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 18 2010, 08:58 PM) *

You must have dozed off then because we left east Memphis before 8:00 and didn't stop til we were well past Jackson. Next time just come with us and you will see lots of teeners.
tat2dphreak
wish I coulda made it, guys! I'm stuck in St. Louis... the pictures look great, and I'm glad everyone was safe and a good time was had! :beer:
Joe Owensby
Thanks to Clay, and all the other organizers and sponsors. I had a great time, and really enjoyed seeing all the 914's on the road. This was a great event. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Driving the dragon 4 days in a row, and then stopping to paddle my kayak for a few hours on the way home.

Thanks again, JoeO
914shutterbugB
anyone that wants dvds of pictures from the event pm me or email me cadillacb22@yahoo.com with your address and I will get them burned and sent out =)
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(914shutterbugB @ Oct 21 2010, 02:42 AM) *

anyone that wants dvds of pictures from the event pm me or email me cadillacb22@yahoo.com with your address and I will get them burned and sent out =)

Make your daddy one. beerchug.gif
Mary Shortridge
I am still working at getting all photo files Brittney gave me uploaded to flickr.
If you want a preview, you can check them out at
www.flickr.com/photos/musr11
Thx Mary for getting the photos out there. Sure was nice meeting you and Ron this last weekend.

Hey Brittney you know I need 1 of those DVD's too. I was watching the part of Saturday's run between 143 and 129. You were one brave soul trying to take pictures on that stretch of road.

I have uploaded that part of the "3 hour tour" on U Tube but can't get to link here at work.
...........ADDED LINK.................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrkNLWo5CGQ

And a BIG THX to all the sponsors that provided door prizes and to all the sponsors that provided the goody bag stuffers. Also to Clay for his exceptional Cat Herding Skillz.

Sure was good seeing all that I knew and was great to put some more names/cars with faces. Hope to see all at the next one. Where ever it may be??

Ken
cooltimes
And thank YOU for having such a talented daughter. I have been hooked on 914's since the 1st one I ever saw in a Porsche magazine ad in 1970 and became obsessed and had to buy one in Nashville since Memphis had none for sale. She has captured the best chronicle of any event related to the 914 in the 40 years since by snapping all the pixs.. More so by the fact she is so willing to share with others who can't attend the events. That echoes your own quality especially since she has the 914 heritage flowing pure 914 thru you.

Thanks to you and all others who made this event the best part of 914 history.
Salute: beep beep
MikeCool
Edited to add this PS.
My web page link below has a pix of my 1st 914 in 1970.
http://members.rennlist.com/mikecool/

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 21 2010, 08:16 AM) *

QUOTE(914shutterbugB @ Oct 21 2010, 02:42 AM) *

Make your daddy one. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.