Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MUSR 11 Registration Now Open
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
hot_shoe914
Just my usual bump. icon_bump.gif Who all is registered?
bandjoey
Me Too there's only a couple of rooms left (right? right?). So you better get registered soon. icon_bump.gif
Please go to the registration page if you need a schedule of events. The action is pretty well set. Lots of Seat Time and Photo Ops plus the usual Car Show, Tech Quiz and Banquet Gala.....

Just helpin a brother out......

and a gratuitus icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
bandjoey
What? No blindfold AX this year?? hissyfit.gif
jt914-6
Bill....we can make it real and poke each others eyes out........OR maybe Clay will bring his "I've been to the eye doctor and I'm old" blacked out glasses..... shades.gif NO PEEKING....
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 15 2010, 10:28 AM) *

A blind autoX would be fun. When we do the preruns I will scout out a place and see if we can fit it into the schedule. popcorn[1].gif
bandjoey
Would rather do Jake's place if that's the only window, but that was a real hoot last year. If it comes to be, then JT, you have to do it in reverse this year! lol-2.gif
914four
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 15 2010, 10:42 PM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 15 2010, 10:28 AM) *

A blind autoX would be fun. When we do the preruns I will scout out a place and see if we can fit it into the schedule. popcorn[1].gif

I think 944s have a real advantage in the blind autocross and should be banned or at least handicapped this year. My handicap will be trying to run a blind autocross without a car. sad.gif

Anyone know where you can rent a 914? blue914.jpg

Kelvin
bandjoey
I know you both can get a ride in a couple of cars...just show up and have fun. You've still got a few months to put everything back together, and miracles can happen. piratenanner.gif
bandjoey
Call Don. He's got 3 or 4 914's sitting around. drunk.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 16 2010, 11:24 AM) *

Call Don. He's got 3 or 4 914's sitting around. drunk.gif

I only have 2 that are currently running & one of those is loaned out. I might have to get it back though if I want to go for a Threepeat on the Dirtiest Engine Bay award! Scotty will have my other one ready by then if I can rob enough banks to pay the bill & get it back on time. With all that said, if I have a spare at the time Kelvin you & Donna are welcome to use it if you promise to drive it harder than you do yours. My cars don't like that sissy driving! poke.gif
hot_shoe914
Spoke to the hotel today and rooms are slowly but surely being booked. There are limited rooms so register and book early so you don't miss out. MUSR 11 will be AWESOME!!!
hot_shoe914
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
Grngoat
I think I just registered, but the buttons for the paypal never showed up.

Hows about an email address for me to send the paypal to?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Grngoat @ Apr 22 2010, 01:33 AM) *

I think I just registered, but the buttons for the paypal never showed up.

Hows about an email address for me to send the paypal to?

I pulled the paypal buttons. I was unable to retrieve the paypal payments. Send me a check.
BigDBass
idea.gif Chicago to Vonore TN: 576 mi – about 9 hours 20 mins

Hmm... Wife's been wanting to plan a 2010 roadtrip.
Wonder if flat towing the 914 to MUSR would qualify.
Wonder if 2- and 4-year olds would enjoy.
confused24.gif
bandjoey
Hi Dan...not to be a partypooper but to me, it's like watching people take their little kids to Disney. They're too young to go the distance, and by 3pm they're tired, bored, and screaming hissyfit.gif to go home. (ask me about our first trip to disney

There's lots of touristy stuff to do in the area, if you and/or wife in the other car want to entertain the kids and get them to the hotel earlier than us. My wife really enjoyed the trip we took there a couple of years ago.

I went to MUSR last year, and it's an adult trip. PEOPLE, if I'm wrong, and you are willing to babysit, correct me. smile.gif

Otherwise, ya'll come!
BigDBass
I wish there were some events closer to home. Would love to go to Hershey but just a bit too far. The Red Rocks event looks incredible and I hope to make it eventually. This one seems almost close enough to be doable.

Then there's the option of leaving the wife and kids at home and driving down in the 914. Wonder if it'd make it?! When I bought it sight unseen, then drove it from Minneapolis to Chicago, it was less sorted out than it is now. idea.gif
bandjoey
You've got plenty of time to get the car running great. Many travel that distance and - you might find some others in your area and get u a caravan. If you come alone, you can split a room with someone. Keep us in mind. This is the Premier 914 event (not sure if it's the oldest, but it's got a great rep for fun. Bill
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 22 2010, 04:37 PM) *

You've got plenty of time to get the car running great. Many travel that distance and - you might find some others in your area and get u a caravan. If you come alone, you can split a room with someone. Keep us in mind. This is the Premier 914 event (not sure if it's the oldest, but it's got a great rep for fun. Bill

It is the oldest 914 gathering in the country. This is MUSR 11, and we skipped 2 different years. And there were three Renegade 914 events before it was called MUSR. From the history page, located at http://914.pca.org/SIGsiteEventsHistory.html , the Renegade 914club held their first event in 1995. The current MUSR is the continuation of those events.

I know my first event was MUSR2, and I have not missed one since.
914four
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 23 2010, 02:24 PM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 22 2010, 04:37 PM) *

It is the oldest 914 gathering in the country. This is MUSR 11, and we skipped 2 different years. And there were three Renegade 914 events before it was called MUSR. From the history page, located at http://914.pca.org/SIGsiteEventsHistory.html , the Renegade 914club held their first event in 1995. The current MUSR is the continuation of those events.

I know my first event was MUSR2, and I have not missed one since.

Thanks to the efforts of Clay and everyone involved for keeping the MUSR tradition going for so long. smilie_pokal.gif The success of the MUSR has benefited and will certainly continue to benefit 914 owners for many years to come.

Kelvin
BigDBass
Options being considered:
drive minivan towing 914 and wife and kids
drive minivan towing 914 with wife and kids and either my mom or my father-in-law weighing pros and cons for each
drive minivan towing 914 with wife and no kids
drive 914 with wife
drive 914 alone
drive 914 with co-driver other than wife
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Apr 24 2010, 12:59 AM) *

drive minivan towing 914 with wife and kids and either my mom or my father-in-law weighing pros and cons for each
drive 914 with wife
drive 914 alone

How about "Drive 914, and wife drives minivan with kids"?

I don't care how you get there, just get there!!! biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Apr 24 2010, 12:59 AM) *

drive 914 with wife
drive 914 alone

This is a hard question? Such an obvious answer! poke.gif
bandjoey
Leave the kids with in-laws send the wife to a spa weekend and bring the girlfriend. How obvious is that?
agree.gif happy11.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 25 2010, 02:41 PM) *

Leave the kids with in-laws send the wife to a spa weekend and bring the girlfriend. How obvious is that?
agree.gif happy11.gif

BILL!!!! you were supposed to send that to him privately! What if the wife is watching? poke.gif You trying to get the man ar15.gif or hanged.gif
bandjoey
If she's like my wife - and many more - there are times when a day at the spa is an OK payoff to get out of car stuff, that girlfriends seem to like! happy11.gif
bandjoey
Who's ribs did you take to Hershey? We need to go to Corkey's for dinner the night we stay in Memphis. beerchug.gif
bandjoey
I found some old pictures on an old thread and saw lots of names of World people that should be signing up for MUSR11.

Recognize your car:? Go through your old pictures and add them here. This could be the biggest 914 event this year.
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif biggrin.gif
bandjoey
one more
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 27 2010, 09:22 PM) *

Who's ribs did you take to Hershey? We need to go to Corkey's for dinner the night we stay in Memphis. beerchug.gif

I took ribs from Wolf River Bar B que to Hershey with me. We ate at Corky's 2 years ago when Clay and the Texas gang were in town. I was thinking of Leonard's this year. All youcan eat and they have catfish too plus it is less expensive than Corky's and I like the ribs better. Crowd isn't as bad either.
jt914-6
As per Banjoey's request: My factory six in the foreground in the first pic.....past tense....with Ron's (Pcar916) future Supertrapps....which are his now....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

And last, but not least.....For those who don't know where their steering wheel is (Ron...Pcar916) and who has the crimson shaft award....YOU should show up at the MUSR 11..... poke.gif

Click to view attachment
Mary Shortridge
Those photos are AMAZING!!!! I can't WAIT!
BigDBass
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Apr 28 2010, 09:56 AM) *

agree.gif Those pictures were worth a thousand words to increase my will to attend. Although my wife said I can't bring a girlfriend, spa or no spa!
jt914-6
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Apr 28 2010, 10:08 AM) *

QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Apr 28 2010, 09:56 AM) *

agree.gif Those pictures were worth a thousand words to increase my will to attend. Although my wife said I can't bring a girlfriend, spa or no spa!

Tell her to bring HER girlfriend.... shades.gif
pcar916
Ok, which one of you hooligans has my Momo? Really... beerchug.gif
914rrr
Update on the Dragon's rockslide:

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=118708

Here's a suggestion for an additional side trip or as a backup plan in the event of another rock slide. In that vicinity there is a hairier, much less patrolled drive with substantially higher speed limits (up to 55 mph)... The Devil's Triangle.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/DevilsTrian...lsTriangle.html

Be aware the Dragon and Cherohola Skyway are great, but they are VIGOROUSLY patrolled, and a vast majority of it has a 30 MPH speed limit.

Another destination in Knoxville (and Nashville and Chattanooga) that Nel and I sorely miss is McKay's bookstore.

http://www.mckaybooks.com/

Most of my large CD collection came from their bargain / scratched bin at .99 each or less, some as cheap as .05! I purchased several new compilation / sampler CD's for .10 to .25.
Red86944
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 1 2010, 08:18 AM) *

Come One! Come All! Venture forth in your trusty German steed and Slay THE DRAGON with us. October 14-17, 2010

It is a weekend of frivolity, fun and lots of 914 things. Come see who gets the CRIMSON SHAFT this year. Come see a bunch of idiots in 34+ year old sports cars drive a bunch of twisty roads.

I am especially looking forward to all the Florida and East Coast guys to come out and participate. If you have never been to a real Ramble, this is the one for you!

Lots of driving.gif driving-girl.gif , drunk.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif , chowtime.gif , and lol-2.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif , some poke.gif stirthepot.gif slap.gif , and lots of really cool people and cool 914s (and at least one Waterpumper). That would be awesome cool red waterpumper cheer.gif

Anyone who is a 914 person is welcome, even if yours is not running or you don't own one. This is the oldest continuous 914 event in the US, so don't miss it.

And I challenge you West Coast guys to try and beat Rick Ollah for the "Iron Butt" award by driving your 914 to the event.

There will be a caravan going from DFW to Memphis on the Wed before the event, and we will be leaving out early Thu morning. Anyone in Memphis at that time is welcome to join the caravan.

Update: Here is who we currently have registered. If you aren't on the list, you are gonna miss all the fun!

Andrews Bill
Bischoff Bob
Girello Rick
Girello Terrie
Howard Robyn
Howard Travis
Knight Donna
Knight Kelvin
Murphy Avery
Park Ken
Perrine Clay
Perrine Betty
Perry Dana
Russell Don
Schleif Steven
Shortridge Mary
Shortridge Ron
Snapp J. T.

ClayPerrine
Got a few more payments and a couple of registrations that I have not posted. I have been busy getting Betty's 914 running. Just fired the rebuilt motor this evening at 8:45. We have a self-imposed curfew of 9pm on any garage activity to keep peace with the non car loving neighbors. I will finish it up in the morning and take it out and drive it.

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 1 2010, 11:27 PM) *

Got a few more payments and a couple of registrations that I have not posted. I have been busy getting Betty's 914 running. Just fired the rebuilt motor this evening at 8:45. We have a self-imposed curfew of 9pm on any garage activity to keep peace with the non car loving neighbors. I will finish it up in the morning and take it out and drive it.

Teach them to like cars, fire that puppy up at 4:00a.m.! Get them both ready for Teeners on The Tail!!!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 3 2010, 12:14 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 1 2010, 11:27 PM) *

Teach them to like cars, fire that puppy up at 4:00a.m.! Get them both ready for Teeners on The Tail!!!

Spent the day yesterday tweaking and tuning. Drove it to work this morning... 25 miles. Ran beautifully, powerful and smooth. Really happy with the way it is running.

Now on to my spun rod bearing. smash.gif
ClayPerrine
icon_bump.gif

914shutterbugB
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Apr 1 2010, 02:27 PM) *

QUOTE(pcar916 @ Apr 1 2010, 02:16 PM) *

Yeah, and that Crimson Shaft needs a new home... oh yes. A new home. 134.gif

The real ?? Ron is....Do you know where your steering wheel is w00t.gif

bye1.gif

BAHAHAHAHAHA!! av-943.gif Ron have you checked the Cracker Barrel wall??!! lol-2.gif I can't wait to see you guys again!! driving.gif I'm gonna be riding with EVERYONE on this road takin pics!!! I bet I can beat the 1800+ from last year... biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(914shutterbugB @ May 6 2010, 02:28 PM) *

bye1.gif

BAHAHAHAHAHA!! av-943.gif Ron have you checked the Cracker Barrel wall??!! lol-2.gif I can't wait to see you guys again!! driving.gif I'm gonna be riding with EVERYONE on this road takin pics!!! I bet I can beat the 1800+ from last year... biggrin.gif

What?? Your dad won't let you bring one of his multiple 914s?????

bandjoey
Drive the Caddy driving-girl.gif

pcar916
What steering wheel? driving.gif
jt914-6
A pair of BIG vicegrips and Ron is ready to go..... smash.gif
pcar916
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ May 6 2010, 02:16 PM) *

Yeah... you guys and gals will be hidin' those TOO I suppose! chair.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(pcar916 @ May 6 2010, 05:18 PM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ May 6 2010, 02:16 PM) *

Yeah... you guys and gals will be hidin' those TOO I suppose! chair.gif

But we HAD to take your steering wheel!! Steering wheels and jello shots don't mix.

914shutterbugB
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 6 2010, 02:45 PM) *

QUOTE(914shutterbugB @ May 6 2010, 02:28 PM) *

bye1.gif

What?? Your dad won't let you bring one of his multiple 914s?????

Nope highly doubt that will happen!! driving.gif not too great with a stick...lol at least not going from a stop or reversing lmao av-943.gif and I can't take pictures if cheer.gif And can't take the Cadi Bill!!! confused24.gif I sold it (finally!) I got me a Dodge Truck now!! bout as loud as yalls lil teeners lol! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.