Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MUSR 11 Registration Now Open
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
ClayPerrine
Come One! Come All! Venture forth in your trusty German steed and Slay THE DRAGON with us. October 14-17, 2010

It is a weekend of frivolity, fun and lots of 914 things. Come see who gets the CRIMSON SHAFT this year. Come see a bunch of idiots in 34+ year old sports cars drive a bunch of twisty roads.

I am especially looking forward to all the Florida and East Coast guys to come out and participate. If you have never been to a real Ramble, this is the one for you!

Lots of driving.gif driving-girl.gif , drunk.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif , chowtime.gif , and lol-2.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif , some poke.gif stirthepot.gif slap.gif , and lots of really cool people and cool 914s (and at least one Waterpumper).

Anyone who is a 914 person is welcome, even if yours is not running or you don't own one. This is the oldest continuous 914 event in the US, so don't miss it.

And I challenge you West Coast guys to try and beat Rick Ollah for the "Iron Butt" award by driving your 914 to the event.

There will be a caravan going from DFW to Memphis on the Wed before the event, and we will be leaving out early Thu morning. Anyone in Memphis at that time is welcome to join the caravan.

Update: Here is who we currently have registered. If you aren't on the list, you are gonna miss all the fun!

Update June 13 August 21. Please check the list and let me know if anyone is missing or has some wrong information.

Andrews Bill -Paid - Tshirt Large
Barnes Kevin -Paid Tshirt Large
Barnes Leesa -Paid Tshirt XL
Bischoff Bob -Paid Tshirt XL
Donaldson Jamie -Paid Tshirt None :-(
Fisher Reva -Unpaid Tshirt M
Fisher Richard -Unpaid Tshirt XL
Flanagan John -Paid Tshirt M
Flanagan Mella -Paid Tshirt L
Fleischer Robert -Unpaid XL
Forbes John - Paid Tshirt XXL
Grier John - Unpaid Tshirt L
Grier William -Unpaid Tshirt L
Girello Rick -Paid Tshirt XXL
Girello Terrie -Paid Tshirt Med
Howard Robyn -Paid Tshirt Large
Howard Travis -Paid Tshirt XL
Knight Donna -Paid Tshirt XXL
Knight Kelvin -Paid Tshirt Large
Murphy Avery -Paid Tshirt Large
North Donna - Paid Tshirt Large
Park Jay - Paid Tshirt (forgot to give size)
Park Ken -Unpaid Tshirt Large
Perrine Clay -Paid Tshirt Med
Perrine Betty -Paid Tshirt XL
Perry Dana -Unpaid Tshirt Large
Philip Chuck -Unpaid Tshirt XL
Philip Charles -Unpaid Tshirt None (Is this a second person?)
Poindexter Robbie - Paid Tshirt Large
Russell Brittney -Unpaid Tshirt Large
Russell Don -Paid Tshirt XXXL
Schleif Steven -Unpaid Tshirt Large
Shortridge Mary -Paid Tshirt Large
Shortridge Ron -Paid Tshirt XL
Snapp J. T. -Unpaid Tshirt Large
Weikel Robert -Paid Tshirt (forgot to give size)
Whiesnant Brett -Unpaid Tshirt (Do you want a shirt?)
Whiesnant Cathy - Unpaid Tshirt (Do you want a shirt?)

driving.gif driving-girl.gif
ClayPerrine
icon_bump.gif
AZ914
Forgive my ignorance.. I live out west.

Where the heck is this thing? I can tell its in or around Georgia (I think) but thats it. Where does it start?
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Apr 1 2010, 11:37 AM) *

Where the heck is this thing? I can tell its in or around Georgia (I think) but thats it. Where does it start?

Dragon/Maryville TN to Deals Gap NC to Robbinsville NC
Cherahola/Tellico Plains Tn to Robbinsville NC
HellBender/Deals Gap NC to Robbinsville NC

Jake's shop is North GA....

check out....
www.tailofthedragon.com

KP beer.gif

AZ914
Ok... that looks a-w-e-s-o-m-e !

Thanks KP
pcar916
Yeah, and that Crimson Shaft needs a new home... oh yes. A new home. 134.gif
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Apr 1 2010, 02:16 PM) *

The real ?? Ron is....Do you know where your steering wheel is w00t.gif

bye1.gif
ClayPerrine

you do realize that you are required to show up, otherwise you keep the CRIMSON SHAFT for another year.....

And I don't see a registration from you. poke.gif

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Apr 1 2010, 01:57 PM) *

Ok... that looks a-w-e-s-o-m-e !

Thanks KP

Welll.....

Fire up your 914 and come out and play.. We would love to see you there!!

jt914-6
I had forgotten that Ron has the Crimson Shaft.... poke.gif He'll have to show up for sure......
NO.....Your steering wheel is NOT in the front trunk or the engine compartment Ron....... biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
tat2dphreak
I haven't driven this road, but I can tell you, if you never been to this part of the country... it's one of the most amazing views on earth, esp. in fall smile.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 1 2010, 06:18 AM) *

Come One! Come All! Venture forth in your trusty German steed and Slay THE DRAGON with us.

It is a weekend of frivolity, fun and lots of 914 things. Come see who gets the CRIMSON SHAFT this year. Come see a bunch of idiots in 34+ year old sports cars drive a bunch of twisty roads.

I am especially looking forward to all the Florida and East Coast guys to come out and participate. If you have never been to a real Ramble, this is the one for you!

Lots of driving.gif driving-girl.gif , drunk.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif , chowtime.gif , and lol-2.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif , some poke.gif stirthepot.gif slap.gif , and lots of really cool people and cool 914s (and at least one Waterpumper).

Anyone who is a 914 person is welcome, even if yours is not running or you don't own one. This is the oldest continuous 914 event in the US, so don't miss it.

And I challenge you West Coast guys to try and beat Rick Ollah for the "Iron Butt" award by driving your 914 to the event.

There will be a caravan going from DFW to Memphis on the Wed before the event, and we will be leaving out early Thu morning. Anyone in Memphis at that time is welcome to join the caravan.

Give me a year or so to get mine resto'd & running, & I'd love to do this "Cherokee Country Run" with all y'all!! biggrin.gif

So what's the Iron Butt record time CA to there? confused24.gif

I did OC to Tahlequah OK in 24 a couple of times in my Bimmer, so maybe another 12-24 to there in the 914?? shades.gif

Besides, it'll need a few thou more on it after "vacationing" for the last 25 years on blocks in my SoCal garage! laugh.gif driving.gif
Mary Shortridge
Buttercup plans to be there! Ron and I will trailer her as far as Memphis, at least.
Any advice on trailers would be greatly appreciated! Especially what kind of system to "tie down". (A friend was telling me about straps that go around each wheel on his racecar. A good idea on a 914?)
THANKS!
pcar916
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Apr 1 2010, 11:27 AM) *

The real ?? Ron is....Do you know where your steering wheel is w00t.gif

bye1.gif

Yeah. I DO know where it is... thanks for askin'! beerchug.gif
ClayPerrine
All of the registrations get sent to my email and it is remarkably quiet.....

sad.gif
rick 918-S
Can't sign up yet. Gotsta check with the boss. Two events within a month of each other could be a real issue. slap.gif
bandjoey
I'm in. Will get registered asap. Will be booking a double room if anyone wants to split the Room cost. Musr 10 was an everloving blast. 11 stands to be better. Thanks Don Clay and whoever else is setting this up. aktion035.gif
hot_shoe914
Okay, just a tad bit of info not mentioned yet. I have booked the ENTIRE hotel, therefore we do not have to be concerned with disturbing others and being told to quieten down. This will be one aktion035.gif party in the Smokey Mountains that you WILL NOT want to miss! So come on out for some driving.gif and beer3.gif and chowtime.gif andlet's all have fun at the MUSR 11,TEENERS on THE TAIL!!! smilie_pokal.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 1 2010, 11:15 PM) *

Can't sign up yet. Gotsta check with the boss. Two events within a month of each other could be a real issue. slap.gif

Just where the hell do you need to be that is more important that partying with Buttercup down on the Dragon? confused24.gif poke.gif slap.gif
ClayPerrine
Gotta icon_bump.gif this back to the top!!!
hot_shoe914
The hotel has 50 rooms and those are beginning to be booked. I have a secondary lodging plan if needed so if we could get a guesstimate of who might be coming I will know what actions to take.

Shoe
black73
Hopefully there won't be anymore rockslides! I believe the rocks in this pic from '06 are the ones blocking the road now....

Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(black73 @ Apr 2 2010, 07:28 PM) *

Hopefully there won't be anymore rockslides! I believe the rocks in this pic from '06 are the ones blocking the road now....

Click to view attachment

Well the Dragon is currently closed due toa rock slide. Scheduled to reopen in mid to late July I believe.
914four
Where is the information for booking? My car is in a thousand pieces getting ready for the 914 cancer clinic confused24.gif or not. Any way we have something to bring back this year so I need booking information.

Kelvin
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(PH1 @ Apr 2 2010, 10:07 PM) *

Where is the information for booking? My car is in a thousand pieces getting ready for the 914 cancer clinic confused24.gif or not. Any way we have something to bring back this year so I need booking information.

Kelvin

http://www.musr11.com/lodging.html
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(PH1 @ Apr 2 2010, 10:07 PM) *

Kelvin

Glad you are coming, with or without your 914......

hot_shoe914
Okay I have registered but I didn't see an option for fatboy sized t-shirts. WTF.gif is up with that. Not all of us can still shop in the kids department at Sears like you ninja trunk monkeys poke.gif . I need a bigger t-shirt!

Shoe
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:09 AM) *

Okay I have registered but I didn't see an option for fatboy sized t-shirts. WTF.gif is up with that. Not all of us can still shop in the kids department at Sears like you ninja trunk monkeys poke.gif . I need a bigger t-shirt!

Shoe

WTF.gif

A 2xl isn't big enough???

Ok.. just put the size in the comments. and I will tell Omar the tent maker to get started on it.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 4 2010, 10:53 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 4 2010, 10:09 AM) *

Shoe

WTF.gif

A 2xl isn't big enough???

Ok.. just put the size in the comments. and I will tell Omar the tent maker to get started on it.

Thanks bro, I knew I could count on you! pray.gif
ClayPerrine
Shameless icon_bump.gif to the top.....
tat2dphreak
Don doesn't want a shirt... he wants a Moo-Moo
poorsche914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 2 2010, 10:52 PM) *

Well the Dragon is currently closed due toa rock slide. Scheduled to reopen in mid to late July I believe.

I just heard one lane is supposed to be open in a week or two.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Apr 5 2010, 12:55 PM) *

Don doesn't want a shirt... he wants a Moo-Moo

I can get a car cover and have the MUSR 11 logo put on it..... poke.gif
tat2dphreak
lol, I just the mental image of don carrying around a "slightly" miniaturized 914 with a cover, and his head sticking through the top, looking like a mascot at a football game. the "Memphis Teeners"
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Apr 5 2010, 03:21 PM) *

lol, I just the mental image of don carrying around a "slightly" miniaturized 914 with a cover, and his head sticking through the top, looking like a mascot at a football game. the "Memphis Teeners"

slap.gif bootyshake.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 5 2010, 08:47 PM) *

slap.gif bootyshake.gif

OK..now I am thinking of ways to make a "wearable" 914 for Don. After all, I need to get revenge for the milk crate.. happy11.gif
jt914-6
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 6 2010, 12:20 PM) *

slap.gif bootyshake.gif

OK..now I am thinking of ways to make a "wearable" 914 for Don. After all, I need to get revenge for the milk crate.. happy11.gif

Come on Clay....I thought Don was helping you. It would have eaiser to do that than cut off the bottom of the podium..... shades.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 6 2010, 03:05 PM) *

slap.gif bootyshake.gif

Come on Clay....I thought Don was helping you. It would have eaiser to do that than cut off the bottom of the podium..... shades.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif
bandjoey
That's OK Clay. I'm bringing the milk crate for us short guys to stand on. robot.gif
Registered, will get you a check on payday. Reserved a room with 2 beds if someone wants to split the room cost.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 6 2010, 09:43 PM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 6 2010, 03:05 PM) *

slap.gif bootyshake.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Remember.........Ninja Trunk Monkey strike anywhere, anytime.... ninja.gif
Trunk Monkey..Skunk Monkey...Don't you need to be turning wrenches??

Don't want to miss this..........
Click to view attachment

shades.gif
KP
Or this....
Click to view attachment

blink.gif
KP
TROJANMAN
I really want to attend this event, but it's just a little too far. One of these days maybe........
Or maybe some other kind of scenery...
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

w00t.gif
KP
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 7 2010, 09:08 PM) *

I really want to attend this event, but it's just a little too far. One of these days maybe........

Wussy......

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 7 2010, 09:08 PM) *

Only about 300 miles further than Buttercup is Traveling so MAN UP and make the trip.I will be traveling a couple hundred miles less than you will when I make the Hershey Run in a couple of weeks. You will hate yourself if you miss it!

Shoe
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Apr 7 2010, 09:03 PM) *

Trunk Monkey..Skunk Monkey...Don't you need to be turning wrenches??

Don't want to miss this..........
Click to view attachment

shades.gif
KP

Hey Ken, can you get a link to the Dragon video up so these folks can see what will be in store for them?
hot_shoe914
driving.gif aktion035.gif driving-girl.gif aktion035.gif chowtime.gif aktion035.gif beer3.gif aktion035.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif beer.gif aktion035.gif grouphug.gif aktion035.gif lol-2.gif aktion035.gif slap.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif

All this and lots more! Sign up now!
hot_shoe914
Just a shameless weekend bump. icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 8 2010, 10:15 PM) *

driving.gif aktion035.gif driving-girl.gif aktion035.gif chowtime.gif aktion035.gif beer3.gif aktion035.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif beer.gif aktion035.gif grouphug.gif aktion035.gif lol-2.gif aktion035.gif slap.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif

All this and lots more! Sign up now!

Okay, just can't leave this on the 2nd page, so here is another icon_bump.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.