Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro Lens Group buy IT'S GOING DOWN NOW!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Still no contact from AA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=K8E_zMLCRNg
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rdr @ Jan 3 2011, 06:43 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 3 2011, 06:29 PM) *

QUOTE(rdr @ Jan 3 2011, 12:03 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 31 2010, 10:41 AM) *

All three versions of these lenses are still available for the low low price of 130.00 plus 10.50 shipping in the US. Also the Italian and US versions are available for immediate shipping. Let me know if you are interested.

Shoe

Too late to get a set of the amber ones? Not sure if they are considered US or Italian. I do NOT want the clear ones. java script:emoticon(':confused:',%20'smid_24')

Let me know.

Thanks!

Euro = Amber
USA = Red
Italian = clear and only dropped once.

Ok, then sign me up for the EURO x 1 and let me know where to PayPal the $$ to.

Thanks!

Rick

Sorry Rick,
I have been out of town in New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl and have not had access to a computer. I have arrived back hom at 2:00 this morning. I will get everything updated after I recover from Burbon Street.

Shoe

rdr
HA! Certainly no worries! I will send the $$ when you are ready for a set of euro.

Rick
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rdr @ Jan 6 2011, 06:18 AM) *

HA! Certainly no worries! I will send the $$ when you are ready for a set of euro.

Rick

Just to make sure you are aware, the euro lenses are waiting to clear customs and from what I read when I got in, it is looking like sometime in February before they will ship. If you still want them then paypal 145.00 to donziii1@earthlink.net. This covers the lenses, shipping and paypal fees I incur. Be sure to include Name, shipping address, email,screen name and phone number is optional.

Thanks,
Shoe
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(abayer1969 @ Jan 5 2011, 05:12 PM) *

Shoe/George my Clear lens arrived this morning. They look good. Thanks

Glad to hear it Andy. Pics? confused24.gif I am considering getting a set of the Italian for my flared car.
DanT
Thank you to Shoe and George.

The USA lenses look very nice drooley.gif ...exactly like my old Hellas only very deep red, no cracks or crazing, clear, and they look like the go with the rest of the car now. biggrin.gif

some pics for those that have not gotten theirs yet.
I the quality of the Euro lenses is as good as the USA versions, it should be worth the wait for you Euro folks.
They even came with new rubber gaskets flag.gif

thanks again Shoe and George.
Tell me that Prius is someone else's. ar15.gif
DanT
No it is one of our cars....so what? smile.gif Consistently 45-48mpg in town.
also have these
Chevy Duramax Diesel with Allison 6 speed 365HP and 660#' of torque..smile.gif Both ends of the spectrum
hot_shoe914
icon_bump.gif
icon_bump.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diT3FvDHMyo
scotty b
QUOTE(96740 @ Jan 18 2011, 04:59 PM) *

huh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ilx47LWSP8...feature=related
That's one of the best videos ever. beerchug.gif
Mike Bellis
Couldn't George ship these damn things through one of the CIA import companies in Miami and skip customs all toghether?
rktmn247
bump! Status?
jsayre914
icon_bump.gif
Mike Bellis
Do we have a year when these will arrive? poke.gif 2011, 2012, 2013? I hope they arrive in time for the end of the world 12-21-2012 blowup.gif party.gif
hot_shoe914
I talked to George Saturday but unfortunately I don't really remember what he told me. I do know he said something about getting some of these in by FedX but I don't recall the time line. I will call again and get an update. I want to thank you all again for your patience.

Shoe
rdr
Can you post a no-pay list? I have not gotten confirmation that you picked up the $$ that I PayPal-sent to you for a set of the euro-lenses.

help!
mtburman
Are these still available?
914Timo
QUOTE(mtburman @ Jan 25 2011, 11:29 PM) *

Are these still available?

Hope so. Just PayPal money for US-lenses. smile.gif

Thanks Shoe !! beerchug.gif
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
hot_shoe914
List update:

1. turbowalt - pd - d 2 sets 1 euro and 1 US version
2. jeffdon -pd - d
3. ellisor3 - pd - d
4. charliew - pd - d
5. strawman - pd - d
6. db9146 - pd - d
7. zimms - pd - 2 sets - d
8. jkrobb2001 - pd - 2 sets - d
9. abayer1969 - Italian - pd - d -------------- delivered
10. Jim dorociak - pd - d
11. 76er - pd - d
12. rktmn247 - pd - d
13. Gustl - pd - d
14. esses62 - pd - d
15. ELLIOTT - pd - d
16. Beech4rd - pd - d
17. qa1142 - pd - d
18. rudedude - pd - d
19. jsayre914 - pd - d
20. Banger - pd - d
21. MarcoC - pd - d
22. John Jentz - pd - d
23. roadster fan - pd - d
24. jcambo7 - pd - d
25. bigkensteele - pd - d
26. Plas76targa - pd - d
27. BigDBass - pd - d
28. maf914 - pd - d
29. NC_Colfax - pd - d
30. SLITS - pd - d
31. MDG - pd - d
32. zymurgist - pd - d
33. 96740 - pd - d
34. hot_shoe914 - pd - d
35. 914-300hemi - pd - d
36. Daiberl - pd - d
37. biosurfer1 - pd - d
38. craig downs - pd - d
39. FourBlades - US version - pd
40. mharmon - pd - d
41. kg6dxn - pd - d
42. pilothyer - pd - d
43. scotty b - pd - d
44. xperu - pd - d
45. natebg - pd - d
46. phillstek - pd - d
47. 914zero - pd - d
48. porscheless - pd
49. treborzerimar - pd - d
50. cork - pd - d
51. djohn - pd - d
52. Veltror - pd - d
53. lucky25 - pd - d
54. Greg D - pd - d
55. cutrock312 - pd - d
56. Ronald4780 - pd - d
57. DanT - US version - pd - ------------------ delivered
58. Bee Jay - pd - d
59. Chris Scott - pd - d
60. chrisg914 - US version - pd - d
61. drken - US version - pd - d
62. whatabout1 - pd -
63. 914Timo - US version - pd
64. mtburman - pd
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rdr @ Jan 25 2011, 03:23 PM) *

Can you post a no-pay list? I have not gotten confirmation that you picked up the $$ that I PayPal-sent to you for a set of the euro-lenses.

help!

PM sent

Shoe
hot_shoe914
All of you that have received your lenses please post here so that I can track them or send me a pm.

Thanks,
Shoe
DanT
Shoe,
got my USA lenses several weeks ago and they are now on the car....thanks for all your effort biggrin.gif
Zimms
Any shipping updates on the Euro lenses?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Zimms @ Jan 31 2011, 06:27 AM) *

Any shipping updates on the Euro lenses?

Plan to talk to George today or tomorrow to get the latest. I will post here when I get some info.
Zimms
Thanks!
914-300Hemi
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif headbang.gif
Zimms
icon_bump.gif
SLITS
A watched pot never boils .....

Of course, if there is no water in the pot ......................

hissyfit.gif
Where now into February. Let's hear from AA on this and let some pressure off Shoe. shades.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(96740 @ Feb 2 2011, 11:36 PM) *

Where now into February. Let's hear from AA on this and let some pressure off Shoe. shades.gif

Thanks Roy, I appreciate that but I don't mind the pressure, I just wish I had a more direct contact position with the supplier to AA so that I could talk to them myself and apply the necessary pressure. As promised in one of my last post, I did contact George for another update and based on what he has told me, I believe he may be being fed a line of crap himself, but I have no way of knowing this for sure. The following is a cut from an email sent to George from said supplier on a group of lenses that he is trying to get expedited in for this group buy " Thanks for your confirmation.We had despatched today the lenses.We will update you with tracking number of the same." To me this sounds as if he is not being told the "whole truth" himself therefpre it makes it very difficult to tell me something to pass on to you guys. I am going to try and talk to George again and see if there is any way I can possibly be shoved deeper into this process so that I may have the ability to contact the shipper myself and put some good ol "redneck" pressure on them myself and see if it is possible to get better answers on this matter. It is becoming a challenge to me to make this happen and get the product to everyone who was kind enough to jump in on this venture. I know you are tired of hearing me say it but I would like to once again thank you ALL for you patience on this matter. I am going to continue to do my best to keep you all informed. I will post anything I find out just as soon as I hear something.

Shoe

ellisor3
Great Job Shoe,
Sorry this has taken so much of your time. We have waited this long, what is another 6 months??
Zimms
Thanks for the update shoe!
biosurfer1
Shoe,

I'm a bit confused...

From your last update, it seems as if the supplier may have not even sent the lenses yet, or only had recently?!
In an earlier update, you had said George told you he was working on getting them through customs and they were stuck there... I was under the impression that George knew exactly where the lenses were, they were just being held up in customs, now it seems that wasn't true?
banger
Hmm, sounds like they havent even been shipped yet. Considering that Chinese new year starts today, I wouldnt expect anything soon. Make next time they can be made in Mexico. At least you can drive there and pick them up.
TurbOH Brad
QUOTE(banger @ Feb 3 2011, 01:15 PM) *

Hmm, sounds like they havent even been shipped yet. Considering that Chinese new year starts today, I wouldnt expect anything soon. Make next time they can be made in Mexico. At least you can drive there and pick them up.

Well, fortunately they were not made in China. According to George, they were shipped yesterday. Let's see how long they take to get here.

Happy year of the Cat everyone! beerchug.gif
Mike Bellis
I hope they're not shipping from Egypt...
hot_shoe914
Okay guys, I have been provided with a tracking number & I am watching movement on this shipment. I even have a scheduled date of delivery but I'm not going to put it out here on the chance if they don't arrive that day you will all just say we lied again. With the way things have been going & with the weather doing funky things I prefer to wait until they arrive before announcing it. I will however post an update if I see any interuption in the movement of the shipment. If you have any questions contact me directly & I will answer them the best I can when I get home from work & don't have to type from my phone.

Thanks,
Shoe
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 3 2011, 02:06 PM) *

Okay guys, I have been provided with a tracking number & I am watching movement on this shipment. I even have a scheduled date of delivery but I'm not going to put it out here on the chance if they don't arrive that day you will all just say we lied again. With the way things have been going & with the weather doing funky things I prefer to wait until they arrive before announcing it. I will however post an update if I see any interuption in the movement of the shipment. If you have any questions contact me directly & I will answer them the best I can when I get home from work & don't have to type from my phone.

Thanks,
Shoe

Shoe, No body thinks you are a liar. I don't think the delay itself is the problem. The real problem has been the lack of reliable intel. Shipped, not shipped, shipped, not shipped, customs delays, shipped, etc...

If George would have said " they have not shipped and I do not have an expected ship date yet", I think that would have gone a long way. Unfortunatly, you did not get accurate updates and you passed on the less than accurate information.

I do not hold you resonsible for the delay.

As long as I get my parts this year blink.gif I will be OK.
Zimms
agree.gif These are definitely not holding me up. I was just curious of the progress.

Thanks Shoe and Brad.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Feb 3 2011, 10:37 AM) *

Shoe,

I'm a bit confused...

From your last update, it seems as if the supplier may have not even sent the lenses yet, or only had recently?!
In an earlier update, you had said George told you he was working on getting them through customs and they were stuck there... I was under the impression that George knew exactly where the lenses were, they were just being held up in customs, now it seems that wasn't true?

Okay, now that I am home and don't have to type from a cell phone I will do my best to clear up your confusion. Yes, you were told these were held up in customs and they were. Why today you think they weren't shipped yet, because they weren't. Yes, that is confusing so let me explain it for you.

The original run and bulk shipment of these lenses were shipped across the ocean. Being held up in customs and taking WAY longer than expected, George, in an effert to expedite delivery to you guys, negotiated to have a segment of the second run of lenses shipped out air freight to get them here quicker for you guys. All the rest will still be traveling by freighter. He didn't have to do this but after I let him know several folks were not pleased due to the long delay, he decided to do this on enough lenses to cover the group buy and a fex extras. Sadly he was told they were shipped earlier than they were and passed this on to me. Following up on it, it was discovered they were not shipped when said. However, as I said in my previous post, I have posession of the FedEx shipping number and the lenses for the group buy ARE IN TRANSIT according to the tracking number. I have the scheduled date of arrival and if it changes for ANY reason, I will update everyone.

I hope this clears up any questions and makes you feel better, if it doesn't, I am sorry. I will say this, schedule arrival date is very soon, much sooner than I expected. I believe in one of George's last post, he said it would be February and according to the info on the tracking number, it will be the earlier part so keep your fingers crossed and THANK YOU again for you continued patience in this matter. beerchug.gif

Shoe
QUOTE(Brad @ Auto Atlanta @ Feb 3 2011, 01:35 PM) *

Well, fortunately they were not made in China. According to George, they were shipped yesterday. Let's see how long they take to get here.

I thought it was year of the Rabbit? or is year of the cat when we should be getting the lenses? lol-2.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(96740 @ Feb 3 2011, 04:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Brad @ Auto Atlanta @ Feb 3 2011, 01:35 PM) *

I thought it was year of the Rabbit? or is year of the cat when we should be getting the lenses? lol-2.gif

No matter, they both taste like chicken.
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
flipb
I bought the repro Euro Lenses from AA last March or April at $225/set. Then this group buy came along and I felt like headbang.gif for buying them at retail. Guess I shouldn't bitch, since I got them relatively quickly and they're on my car.

I will say that they look very good. I had to ship one back to AA for a replacement because it was missing a mounting post.

I'll also use this thread as a chance to plug my juryrigged tinfoil solution to a problem you'll soon discover when you switch over to the Euro Lenses: Since US models have a corner marker bulb that lights up the side-facing part of the lens with the headlights/tail-lights, you'll now have both red & amber sections illuminated when driving with headlights on. Here's how I minimized that issue.
SLITS
I believe in Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny and Re-Pop Euros.
hot_shoe914
Latest update: The lenses are on the move and were in Paris, France this morning. piratenanner.gif Should be in the states VERY soon. The group buy price is still available but once these land and start getting shipped to you guys, the special price ends. You have roughly 3 or 4 days to buy at the discounted price then it is OVER. Anyone still wanting to purchase, now is the time. Contact me if interested.

Shoe
Gustl
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 5 2011, 06:21 PM) *

Latest update: The lenses are on the move and were in Paris, France this morning. piratenanner.gif Should be in the states VERY soon.

it seems that it would have been cheaper for me to get them from Paris directly ... there's no need to send them over the big pond, just to send them back again later (and pay for additional shipping costs as well as customs fees idea.gif )

happy11.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.