Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro Lens Group buy IT'S GOING DOWN NOW!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
SLITS
Phil,

PM me your address and I will send you the set I got. I don't need them.
Never did get a email with a tracking number (never have) but they arrived today and look great. beer.gif

IPB Image
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(phillstek @ Feb 17 2011, 02:51 PM) *

I just got a pm from Brad after enquiring with him if mine had been sent and was told that they're sending them out in chronological order. Apparently I'm not getting mine out of this shipment and I'm in the next shipment. WTF.gif

I counted at least 50 boxes in that picture George posted and I'm 46 on the list.

So it looks like the BS continues for some.

George, you can stick my lenses where you think the sun shines from.

Phil

Post edited as the person it was directed at has read it and others need not be bothered by it. Have a nice Friday!
IBTL and ILBT

Shoe

disclaimer: The opinions and comments in the above post are soley those of my own warped and demented mind and do not reflect opinions or thoughts of anyone other than myself and are only directed at said USOS with his head is so far up his ass that every time he farts he blows his nose!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

IBTL!!! bootyshake.gif KMA.gif slap.gif
yellowporky
Never recieved an email but the lenses arived today.
Thanks,
Chris
roadster fan
I am glad Chris responded first after Shoe laugh.gif

Got mine the other day and opened them up tonite. They look beautiful. I am a little concerned about the passenger side lens though as two mounting studs look as though they are leaning in towards each other and the driver side has them parallel. Just speculating at this point, will try to fit them tomorrow.

Is it possible to get a replacement lens if it doesn't fit?

Thanks for putting it together Shoe, it is obvious that it is alot of work organizing a group buy.

Jim
phillstek
Pardon me shoe, but I think your over-reacting somewhat. I have never stated here or anywhere that my car was ready for registration or the delay in recieving these items was holding up the progress of same.

I did state however that they weren't a novelty AND WERE REQUIRED BY LAW to get the car rego'd.

Furthermore, you or George have never offered me a refund and in fact, ignored my request for one. Perhaps if you hadn't, I would have "stayed the fuck off your thread" as you so eloquently put it.

As far as me contacting Brad or anyone at AA, why should that be a problem for you? If I choose to post the information given to me by Brad here why should that get you so pissed. Last time I checked this was a forum. The clearly wrong updates over the last 6 months and general lack of any concrete information concerned me. I'm entitled to enquire as to what was going on and to post those concerns here, after all I paid the entry price.

I'm not going to bother stooping to the same purile, offensive language or threats of physical retribution as you use, that would be too easy.

I will say that it's pretty obvious that you have become an apologist for George, his dubious business practices and abyssmal customer service despite your assertions to the contrary. Have a nice day.

Phil
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Feb 18 2011, 12:24 AM) *

I am glad Chris responded first after Shoe laugh.gif

Got mine the other day and opened them up tonite. They look beautiful. I am a little concerned about the passenger side lens though as two mounting studs look as though they are leaning in towards each other and the driver side has them parallel. Just speculating at this point, will try to fit them tomorrow.

Is it possible to get a replacement lens if it doesn't fit?

Thanks for putting it together Shoe, it is obvious that it is alot of work organizing a group buy.

Jim

Jim, if they don't fit just let me know, I will make sure you get some that do.

Shoe
jeffdon
Got my lenses AND my Engman fuse panel today. Love the lenses. She looks so much better. (and what do you know back on jackstands for a while).

Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
i ogt my lenses yesterday... piratenanner.gif
They look Great. Thanks Shoe for all your efforts.
Bee Jay
Got mine yesterday. Much nicer than I expected. I'm going to leave them in the plastic wrapping in the box till the car is up and running. Thanks Shoe. I think I will go back to ordering stuff that is in stock and ready to ship.
Bee Jay
hot_shoe914
I know this took a lot longer than expected and a lot of you were not too happy about that. However, it is really nice to see that everyone who has received them so far has been very pleased with the product. Thank you all once again for the patience you exercised in this matter and enjoy your awesome looking lenses. You guys all aktion035.gif

Shoe
jcambo7
Came home from my parents house yesterday and they were waiting for me at the front door! They look great! Thanks Hot Shoe for putting this together and dealing with all the BS so we didn't have to. beerchug.gif
lucky25
Just wanted to say thanks for all of the work and
bs. They are great

Lucky25
914-300Hemi
i installed my lenses this weekend and had a issue with the passenger side. it doesn't seem to fit flush to the body. The driver side seems to fit fine. Any ideas am I doing something wrong?

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Feb 23 2011, 04:16 PM) *

i installed my lenses this weekend and had a issue with the passenger side. it doesn't seem to fit flush to the body. The driver side seems to fit fine. Any ideas am I doing something wrong?

I believe there have been a couple others with issues also. George will replace them with no problem, just contact them. I guess I need to try mine one too.
zymurgist
Aw crap, I don't even have a car to try them out on.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Probably glued together a little cock eyed. Fully guaranteed.

QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Feb 23 2011, 03:16 PM) *

Daiberl
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Feb 23 2011, 02:16 PM) *

Interesting, just checked mine and I have the same problem.
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 23 2011, 04:32 PM) *

Probably glued together a little cock eyed. Fully guaranteed.

QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Feb 23 2011, 03:16 PM) *

Thanks I will call tomorrow and get it replaced.
Passenger side didn't fit as well as the driver side. Both are on fine now though.

Before:

IPB Image

After:

IPB Image

Much better. Put all new LED bulbs in but I didn't spend the big bucks on the 40+ bulbs and just got the 19's. Works and lights up quickly like LED's do but does not fill the lens.

Video before and after: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo_aJe68fTI

IPB Image

IPB Image
Gustl
QUOTE(96740 @ Feb 26 2011, 11:46 PM) *

Put all new LED bulbs in but I didn't spend the big bucks on the 40+ bulbs and just got the 19's. Works and lights up quickly like LED's do but does not fill the lens.

IPB Image

IPB Image

yupp, that's pretty clear - you use a LED type that only emittes light in one direction

much better when using this type:

Click to view attachment

a friend already uses this one and it fills the lenses just the same than standard bulbs
I will also use these LEDs on my six

beerchug.gif Gustl
strawman
The pair I received fit like stromberg.gif mad.gif

There is a 1/4" gap on one and a 1/16" to 1/8" gap on the other. In both cases, the rubber o-ring gasket doesn't even touch the bezel on the wrap-around end.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I will be contacting Automobile Atlanta on Monday for a replacement set. I'd recommend that everyone on this Group Buy quickly check to see if yours have fit problems sooner rather than later...

Geoff
rfuerst911sc
I purchased some AA repro Euro lenses new/used from a forum member last year and my drivers side doesn't fit well either. Mine has a 3/16 gap where the lense wraps around the side. Because I didn't buy from AA I'm not expecting a replacement. But can the lense be heated and bent a little more to fit tighter to the body/lense housing ?
Yes the gaps are present. I was going to wait for a hot day and tighten the out side screw slowly and see if it starts to conform.

IPB Image

IPB Image
QUOTE(Gustl @ Feb 26 2011, 10:04 PM) *

QUOTE(96740 @ Feb 26 2011, 11:46 PM) *

Put all new LED bulbs in but I didn't spend the big bucks on the 40+ bulbs and just got the 19's. Works and lights up quickly like LED's do but does not fill the lens.

IPB Image

IPB Image

yupp, that's pretty clear - you use a LED type that only emittes light in one direction

much better when using this type:

Click to view attachment

a friend already uses this one and it fills the lenses just the same than standard bulbs
I will also use these LEDs on my six

beerchug.gif Gustl

Yup. Should have got these...

IPB Image

IPB Image
jsayre914
Guys!

I had the same problem for 5 min, till i walked around the front and looked back. I noticed exactly what you are pointing out. All i did was remove the nuts, tuck the outside edge in first tight and smooth. (sorta like installing the lense at a 30 degree angle) and then while holding the outside edge into position... i slowly pressed the lense flush and attached the plastic nuts. It was the same for both sides.

They fit perfect after i did this procedure on both sides.

beerchug.gif

Try it.
JFJ914
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Feb 27 2011, 12:23 PM) *

Guys!

I had the same problem for 5 min, till i walked around the front and looked back. I noticed exactly what you are pointing out. All i did was remove the nuts, tuck the outside edge in first tight and smooth. (sorta like installing the lense at a 30 degree angle) and then while holding the outside edge into position... i slowly pressed the lense flush and attached the plastic nuts. It was the same for both sides.

beerchug.gif

Try it.

After you did that, how did the reverse lens fit? If I get the leading edge tucked in, the clear lens is way proud of the seal!
jsayre914
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Feb 27 2011, 03:29 PM) *

After you did that, how did the reverse lens fit? If I get the leading edge tucked in, the clear lens is way proud of the seal!

Not sure what you mean, but mine fit perfect. I will try and post a pic when i get home. Mabey try to remove the seal completley and give it a try. Just to see if it fits?? confused24.gif

mabey yours is glued wrong as George said. But I think you can get it beerchug.gif
veltror
Well mine arrived here in the UK today, look first class now need to get my car finished...
zymurgist
Can anyone in the DC area let me come over and test fit my lenses? I don't have an actual car to put them on...
flipb
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Feb 28 2011, 09:53 AM) *

Can anyone in the DC area let me come over and test fit my lenses? I don't have an actual car to put them on...

If you want to haul down to Springfield, you can try on mine.

I already have a set of AA Repro Euro lenses on there. Bought them before the group buy. I noticed the gap also - worse on the driver's side - but in any case, not terrible. I just dealt with it by tightening the nuts more than I otherwise would have, while applying pressure on the outside of the lens. There's still a gap there but it's pretty minimal.

(Did the same thing with the inboard nut -- tightened while pressing from the outside - to create a decent seal for the reverse light end.)
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Feb 27 2011, 09:23 AM) *

Guys!

beerchug.gif

Try it.

No cracking noise? Sounds scary.
914zero
I received mine last week smile.gif
I hope they are good because I do not have a car to check them now dry.gif
strawman
Just submitted an email to Auto Atlanta to get replacements for my ill-fitting ones...
jsayre914
QUOTE(96740 @ Feb 28 2011, 02:31 PM) *

No cracking noise? Sounds scary.

No cracking Noise. (gentle hands) rolleyes.gif
Ronald4780
Got mine about three weeks ago.
charliew
Maybe setting in the sun after you force the lense to fit will work but my bet is they will get stress cracks over time where they are being forced to fit the curve. It took some fg parts two years to get stress cracks after being forced too far to fit in my past experience. I didn't want to but I guess I'd better try mine also.
So if AA is willing to take these mal-formed ones back and send out correct ones I'm in. It's starting to bug me. Water is getting in easily.
Zimms
In my first attempt, I had the gap, but after working the end in first like jsayre914 posted, they fit great. No gaps and they hug the body like the origial US ones I took off.
914-300Hemi
I sent mine back and at that time they only had one passenger side available. I'm going to call them tomorrow to get a status.

jsayre914
QUOTE(Zimms @ Mar 10 2011, 06:32 AM) *

In my first attempt, I had the gap, but after working the end in first like jsayre914 posted, they fit great. No gaps and they hug the body like the origial US ones I took off.

beerchug.gif
914Timo
I am still waiting my. Am I the last one ? Have everybody else got these ?? mad.gif

Any info, please !!
914Timo
BTW, donĀ“t send me those once returned one. I have time and will send them back if they are not good. hissyfit.gif headbang.gif
mtburman
I am still waiting too,
9146BRUCE
I am still waiting too,
hot_shoe914
Those of you who jumped in at the last minute still have a little bit of a wait. George had enough lenses flown in for the original orders and the rest were sent the old fashioned way. I know you have been waiting a few weeks but the original buyers waited several months. I talked to George last week but was not given a definite date yet. I will keep you posted as I get more info. If you choose not to wait and prefer a refund just let me know and I will send you your money.

Shoe
914Timo
Thanks Shoe. That was exactly what I wanted to know; the reason why I am still without my lenses.

If thats the case, I can wait. I just needed to know why I have to wait and that everything is ok.
Bee Jay
I was very careful but my passenger side cracked. I guess I forced it too quick. It cracked where the orange meets the red, and one of the nut towers broke. Am I out of luck?
Bee Jay
mepstein
I would call AA/George
914Timo
Those of you who jumped in at the last minute still have a little bit of a wait. George had enough lenses flown in for the original orders and the rest were sent the old fashioned way. I know you have been waiting a few weeks but the original buyers waited several months. I talked to George last week but was not given a definite date yet. I will keep you posted as I get more info. If you choose not to wait and prefer a refund just let me know and I will send you your money.

Shoe

Any news ?? How long we still have to wait ??

I think it is soon time to send my money back. I tried to trust AA, but my faith is weaker day after day. This is sad sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.