Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro Lens Group buy IT'S GOING DOWN NOW!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Feb 5 2011, 11:06 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 5 2011, 06:21 PM) *

Latest update: The lenses are on the move and were in Paris, France this morning. piratenanner.gif Should be in the states VERY soon.

it seems that it would have been cheaper for me to get them from Paris directly ... there's no need to send them over the big pond, just to send them back again later (and pay for additional shipping costs as well as customs fees idea.gif )

happy11.gif

Would be nice if FedX would kick a set out as they fly over Austria.
hot_shoe914
Just another meaningless update for all who are interested. The lenses arrived here in Memphis at the FedEx facility at 2:12 a.m. this morning. They should be in Atlanta sometime tonight and out for delivery to AA Monday morning. Shipping on the lenses should start going out Monday or Tuesday if all goes well. Once again I want to thank everyone for their patience and understanding in this matter. Also, this means you have until probably Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning to make any last minute purchases at the group buy price of 130.00 plus 10.50 shipping in the US and about 5.00 for my paypal fees.

Shoe beerchug.gif
Zimms
Thanks!:beer2:
charliew
What page is the last updated paid up list on?

Nevermind it's post 342
The new way also... http://www.ledtronics.com/products/cat1.aspx?P=C0D6
dr914@autoatlanta.com
King of the European tail light lenses!!!!!!!!!
We are packing them to go out today and tomorrow

IPB Image
IronHillRestorations
at least they didn't attack you like a mad pack of seals George!
9146BRUCE
Hi Can I still get in for one set.
Thanks Bruce
zymurgist
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I am going to speak for Shoe here and say that the group buy is now closed Bruce. It would CERTAINLY not be fair to all of the guys who have waited so so so long four our Indian friends to deliver.

QUOTE(9146BRUCE @ Feb 8 2011, 12:00 PM) *

Hi Can I still get in for one set.
Thanks Bruce
9146BRUCE
Hi Dr. Thats Ok thats only fair.
Thanks Bruce
jsayre914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

YAY!!!

hot_shoe914
Okay, as George said, the group buy is officially closed. Those of you who contacted and/or paid me up through this morning your orders will be filled. I have your monies and will send it to George along with shipping info. A HUGE thank you to everyone who participated and helped to make this possible. I hope you are all pleased with your lenses when you recieve them.

YOU GUYS ROCK! aktion035.gif

Shoe beerchug.gif
Zimms
Sweet!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
shipper is carefully packing the rest of them today. Had to order extra boxes!
Happy happy JOY JOY happy happy JOY!
db9146
I just got an email notice from FedEx about a delivery and had to think a minute......no, it can't be......

Sure enough, I guess they are waiting for me at the house!!!!

Thanks again Shoe and George.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(db9146 @ Feb 10 2011, 02:25 PM) *

I just got an email notice from FedEx about a delivery and had to think a minute......no, it can't be......

Sure enough, I guess they are waiting for me at the house!!!!

Thanks again Shoe and George.

Hope they are worth the wait.
ellisor3
I received mine today as well. They look great. Instead of the Hella logo, George has AU ATL, nice touch George. piratenanner.gif

Now, what bulb do we need to take out? The 20 watt or the 4 watt? sawzall-smiley.gif
jsayre914
I got them today!!!

Thank you everybody who made this happen

piratenanner.gif

ps. they look awesome
bigkensteele
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Feb 10 2011, 01:40 PM) *

I received mine today as well. They look great. Instead of the Hella logo, George has AU ATL, nice touch George. piratenanner.gif

Now, what bulb do we need to take out? The 20 watt or the 4 watt? sawzall-smiley.gif

Got mine today too!!!

Why do we need to take a bulb out?
jsayre914
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Feb 11 2011, 02:53 PM) *

Got mine today too!!!

You Don,t!!

unless you are afraid of Johnny Law....

your rear tailights cannot be amber in the USA.
flipb
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Feb 11 2011, 04:34 PM) *

Got mine today too!!!

You Don,t!!

I looked into this when I got my Euro lenses from AA pre-group-buy. As far as I can tell, it's state-by-state. You must have red taillights showing in pretty much every state, what varies is whether you're allowed to have any other color (i.e. the corner marker bulb that illuminates amber with Euro Lenses) as well.

To the best of my research, it's not illegal in Virginia.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
And in Georgia..................ANY THING GOES!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(flipb @ Feb 11 2011, 02:41 PM) *

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Feb 11 2011, 04:34 PM) *

Got mine today too!!!

You Don,t!!

I looked into this when I got my Euro lenses from AA pre-group-buy. As far as I can tell, it's state-by-state. You must have red taillights showing in pretty much every state, what varies is whether you're allowed to have any other color (i.e. the corner marker bulb that illuminates amber with Euro Lenses) as well.

To the best of my research, it's not illegal in Virginia.

pilothyer
Got mine today....beautiful........Thanks George for doing this for us and thanks "shoe" for your great part in this as well !!
qa1142
Got mine today first.gif

Thanks Shoe and George
craig downs
Mine are being shipped. It looks like a lot of people are happy now as a week ago a lot were hissyfit.gif
Zimms
Got mine today. They look fantastic. Great job George, and thanks for putting this together Shoe.
plas76targa
It was cool to receive the tracking email on Thurs. Mine arrived on Friday. Thanks Shoe and George for pulling this off.
Bee Jay
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Feb 12 2011, 12:40 PM) *

It was cool to receive the tracking email on Thurs. Mine arrived on Friday. Thanks Shoe and George for pulling this off.

Tracking email??? I didn't get a tracking email, and as of today, Saturday, no lenses either. I don't need them right away, but should I be worried?
Bee Jay
lucky25
Got my fed-x info today should be here on Thurs

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Bee Jay @ Feb 12 2011, 05:15 PM) *

Tracking email??? I didn't get a tracking email, and as of today, Saturday, no lenses either. I don't need them right away, but should I be worried?
Bee Jay

No Bee Jay, as long as you gave me good info you should not be worried. You are on the list that was sent so they should have it. I will call Monday and double check.

Shoe
rktmn247
Received my tracking # yesterday. Thank you to Shoe and AA for making this happen!
yellowporky
I have not recieved mine as of 2/15/11 nor have I recieved a tracking #. I submitted shipping information to you 2 times.
Thanks,
Chris
chris@buonhuasi.com
925-330-2025
jeffdon
Still awaiting a tracking number here too.
SLITS
sad.gif Me neither, but I still have hope.
No tracking number yet. popcorn[1].gif
zymurgist
I got mine! cheer.gif
phillstek
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 13 2011, 11:06 AM) *

QUOTE(Bee Jay @ Feb 12 2011, 05:15 PM) *

Bee Jay

No Bee Jay, as long as you gave me good info you should not be worried. You are on the list that was sent so they should have it. I will call Monday and double check.

Shoe

So there is a list for those that have been sent?

Phil
Mike Bellis
I don't know about a list but I did get an email from George with tracking info. Still waiting for the delivery...
hot_shoe914
I got mine today! Looks awesome, thanks George and Shoe, you guys aktion035.gif !
JFJ914
Got mine on Sat 2/12. Thanks Shoe & George!
914zero
Still awaiting my lens in France, I hope to have news soon bye1.gif
flipb
For those who missed the Group Buy, AA now has these on sale for $175/set.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/detail.php?Part...al_number=32330

rktmn247
Mine came today! All the way to Hawaii and they look great! Thanks again to George and Shoe for making this happen.
strawman
Got mine yesterday. Amazingly, I got what I ordered... not like the AA steel flare set, which included a "unique" driver side rear that I had to cut off, bitch about for TOO LONG before he sent me replacement, and then weld on. I said I'd never order from George again after that last fiasco, but maybe I should keep an open mind. Thanks Shoe for all your work -- you rock!
biosurfer1
I got mine too this morning. Thanks Shoe for the work putting this together.

My first and last order with AA
914Timo
Still awaiting tracking code and lens. confused24.gif
SLITS
YES

There be Euros on board!!!

Much Grass!!!!!!
phillstek
I just got a pm from Brad after enquiring with him if mine had been sent and was told that they're sending them out in chronological order. Apparently I'm not getting mine out of this shipment and I'm in the next shipment. WTF.gif

I counted at least 50 boxes in that picture George posted and I'm 46 on the list.

So it looks like the BS continues for some.

George, you can stick my lenses where you think the sun shines from.

Phil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.