Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro Lens Group buy IT'S GOING DOWN NOW!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
hot_shoe914
George is offering up a group buy on his reproduction Euro Tail lenses. Prices are as follows:

100 sets sold $130.00

200 sets sold $90.00

What this poll is designed to do is give us a somewhat accurate count of sets that will be sold. This is my first time to set up a poll so if my choices don't let you add what you want feel free to post. Hopefully we can reach the 200 mark and get this incredible price of $90.00 a set. I doubt you will ever see them that cheap again. If I'm not mistaken these same lenses normally sell for a little over 200.00 a set so even at $130.00 it is still an absolute bargin.

George came through for us on the flare group buy and we came through for him. Let's see if we can repeat on these lenses and inspire George and AA to continue to offer us chances at quality parts at bargin prices.

Thanks,
Shoe

UPDATE AUG 24, 2010
Okay, the group buy has begun!!! For all of those who are in for one set let's get this rolling. Price is $130.00 plus 10.50 for shipping for a total of $140.50 Please make all checks to Automobile Atlanta and send them to me with a good shipping address and contact phone number. Please mail to:

Donald Russell
1650 Raymore Rd.
Memphis, Tn 38117

Once the first 50 payments are received George will have the production started. Please contact me with any questions or concerns.
7TPorsh
Front AND Rear?

Ah just re-read. Rear....Oh well.
1968Cayman
Any idea what kind of time we'd be looking at on this?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(1968Cayman @ Jul 15 2010, 08:54 PM) *

I will contact George and see if I can get a time line on production.

Shoe
hot_shoe914
Well with only 79 votes and several of those only if we reach 200 set price, it isn't looking real good right now. sad.gif
1968Cayman
Did George respond about the turnaround?
Mike Bellis
can we get a compare picture. repop and original?
jcambo7
icon_bump.gif
hot_shoe914

Talked to George today and was informed that all the tooling and such has already been done and production could begin immediately. I can't believe more people aren't jumping on this. Normal price for these is 125.00 for the left and 135.00 for the right if bought individually and 200.00 if bought as aset. Therefore, even if we only reach 100, the price is a bargin and at 200 sets the 90.00 is worth buying 2 or 3 sets just to have on hand because you ALL know you are going to buy 2 or 3 or 4 or probably even 5 more of these cars due to your addiction. Come on folks, step up and let's make this happen. aktion035.gif

Shoe
jcambo7
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 23 2010, 02:46 AM) *

Talked to George today and was informed that all the tooling and such has already been done and production could begin immediately. I can't believe more people aren't jumping on this. Normal price for these is 125.00 for the left and 135.00 for the right if bought individually and 200.00 if bought as aset. Therefore, even if we only reach 100, the price is a bargin and at 200 sets the 90.00 is worth buying 2 or 3 sets just to have on hand because you ALL know you are going to buy 2 or 3 or 4 or probably even 5 more of these cars due to your addiction. Come on folks, step up and let's make this happen. aktion035.gif

Shoe

agree.gif icon_bump.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 23 2010, 08:46 AM) *

Normal price for these is 125.00 for the left and 135.00 for the right if bought individually ...

any idea why the right side is $ 10.00 higher than the other ?????

or is this just a typo ...

jcambo7
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jul 25 2010, 11:40 AM) *

Normal price for these is 125.00 for the left and 135.00 for the right if bought individually ...

Aren't the wires on the right one longer cuz the harness runs down the left side of the trunk? confused24.gif That could be why.
bcaschera
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Some poeple may not know what the "euro" lens looks like compared to US. Could someone please post a pic installed one with euro and standard?
bcaschera
by the way im in for one set
Gustl
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jul 25 2010, 06:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Gustl @ Jul 25 2010, 11:40 AM) *

Aren't the wires on the right one longer cuz the harness runs down the left side of the trunk? confused24.gif That could be why.

but we're talkin' about the lenses, not the harness ... confused24.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(bcaschera @ Jul 25 2010, 07:28 PM) *

Some poeple may not know what the "euro" lens looks like compared to US. Could someone please post a pic installed one with euro and standard?

here's the US version:
Click to view attachment

and this is the Euro version:
Click to view attachment

beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jul 25 2010, 09:40 AM) *

we sell rights two to one over left ones. The right one always gets the damage first!
Gustl
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 25 2010, 08:47 PM) *

we sell rights two to one over left ones. The right one always gets the damage first!

wow - that's interesting
never heard it before

thanks for explanation !!
jcambo7
shameless icon_bump.gif
pcar916
Word to the wise. Buy these, but take the darned Euro lenses off BEFORE you track the car.

It's a good thing that a 180 skipping over the gravel and into the tire wall won't cost as much when it cracks a US version lens on the LEFT side. headbang.gif

It's a far-gooder thing that it teaches one the wisdom of getting back on the throttle sooner in a really fast turn.

... not that it ever happened to me. lol-2.gif
jcambo7
icon_bump.gif Another shameless bump! This is a great price for these!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Thank you for dressing tastefully. We HATE to display NAKED license plates on this site, or the club site.

QUOTE(Gustl @ Jul 25 2010, 12:03 PM) *

QUOTE(bcaschera @ Jul 25 2010, 07:28 PM) *

here's the US version:
Click to view attachment

and this is the Euro version:
Click to view attachment

beerchug.gif

Mike Bellis
Is there a picture of an original European lens next to a reproduction lens? I would like to see how they compare.
jcambo7
Here are some genuine ones
Click to view attachment

And the ones george is selling
Click to view attachment
Socalandy
they look very nice but disappointed to see the corner is without the texture inside. Is this a proto or the way they will be?

chowtime.gif
NC_Colfax
I don't have a car yet but I would buy a nice set,car or not, that is a great price
I'm down for one set...
jcambo7
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 29 2010, 06:13 PM) *

they look very nice but disappointed to see the corner is without the texture inside. Is this a proto or the way they will be?

chowtime.gif

Maybe George will chime in, hopefully. I have no idea though. Either way I want one.
914-300Hemi
When will these be available? Count me in for a set.
sechszylinder
Hi George,

I would take one set ...

best regards

Benno ( Berlin/Germany)
jcambo7
icon_bump.gif
jcambo7
icon_bump.gif
ellisor3
Would like an answer on the sides as well, but I would be in for a set.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Aug 5 2010, 07:34 AM) *

us and euro were made the same way as if we had made them differently the cost would have been double. US had no texture euro did.
ellisor3
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 5 2010, 11:20 AM) *

QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Aug 5 2010, 07:34 AM) *

us and euro were made the same way as if we had made them differently the cost would have been double. US had no texture euro did.

So basically it is the US lense with the Orange Turn Signal in place of the red??
realred914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 25 2010, 12:47 PM) *

what is the price break for two rights and one left lense (three total)? might as well get the spare right one now before I break the new one
jcambo7
QUOTE(realred914 @ Aug 5 2010, 11:26 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 25 2010, 12:47 PM) *

what is the price break for two rights and one left lense (three total)? might as well get the spare right one now before I break the new one

The answer from a previous post!

They sell rights two to one over left ones. The right one always gets the damage first!

This is a better deal than buying them individually! If you are wanting two rights you might as well go for two full sets!
realred914
you all konw you all need to to remove teh extra lite bulb that usa cars lenses have else you run with teh yellow tail light on. euro cars did not have this bulb instaled

euro = 3 bulbs

usa = 4 bulbs
ellisor3
Is this group buy dead? I would guess George would make the call? WTF.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Aug 6 2010, 11:59 AM) *

Is this group buy dead? I would guess George would make the call? WTF.gif

As far as I know it is not. From what I know we were not given a dead line on when we had to have the full count.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I think we are virtually there, if we want to start the group buy and gather the money I will tell them to go ahead and make the lenses. Of course we have the tooling paid for from the initial run so that is why we can now sell them to the club (just like the group flare buy!!!!)

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 14 2010, 06:02 PM) *

George is offering up a group buy on his reproduction Euro Tail lenses. Prices are as follows:

100 sets sold $130.00

200 sets sold $90.00

What this poll is designed to do is give us a somewhat accurate count of sets that will be sold. This is my first time to set up a poll so if my choices don't let you add what you want feel free to post. Hopefully we can reach the 200 mark and get this incredible price of $90.00 a set. I doubt you will ever see them that cheap again. If I'm not mistaken these same lenses normally sell for a little over 200.00 a set so even at $130.00 it is still an absolute bargin.

George came through for us on the flare group buy and we came through for him. Let's see if we can repeat on these lenses and inspire George and AA to continue to offer us chances at quality parts at bargin prices.

Thanks,
Shoe

ellisor3
Super George! piratenanner.gif

Now who wants to be the banker????

I volunteer anybody other than me.
SLITS
Capitalism at its' best .... prejudicial pricing ..

Seems it would be easy to pop twice as many rights as lefts and the problem would be solved since George already has the demographics of the situation.

Send the money to George ... I'm sure he'll find a use for it.
jeffdon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 7 2010, 08:56 AM) *

Capitalism at its' best .... prejudicial pricing ..

Seems it would be easy to pop twice as many rights as lefts and the problem would be solved since George already has the demographics of the situation.

Send the money to George ... I'm sure he'll find a use for it.

What the hell, i am in at $130 for a pair.
maf914
Okay, I am in for a pair if this offer is good.

Thanks, George!

AndyB
Count me in for a pair. Too bad its not an Italian light group buy.
Eck
Will there be an announcement when these are ready to purchase?

Kirk
hot_shoe914
Okay, in order to get these for $130.00, we need to sell 100 sets. Judging from the poll, only 110 sold all together and only 66 at best at the $130.00 price. The other 44 are only agreeing to buy if we reach the 200 units sold price of $90.00. I can start collecting up the money if we can get 100 sold. Maybe I need to start a new poll to see if we can get 100 yeses at the $130.00 price. confused24.gif
mepstein
I'm all for group buys but in this case it might be too much work to receive 80-90 payments just to fall short of the required amount. Maybe George can tweek his requirements and instead of a fixed number of orders, he just accept whatever quantity is received after a set amount of time - say 2 or 3 months. Just a thought. Mark
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 8 2010, 09:23 PM) *

Okay, in order to get these for $130.00, we need to sell 100 sets. Judging from the poll, only 110 sold all together and only 66 at best at the $130.00 price. The other 44 are only agreeing to buy if we reach the 200 units sold price of $90.00. I can start collecting up the money if we can get 100 sold. Maybe I need to start a new poll to see if we can get 100 yeses at the $130.00 price. confused24.gif

Ok I think that we have enough judging by the poll.
Why don't you head up the collection and I will tell our man to get ready. As soon as we have 50 paid orders I will have him put our tooling in the machine and begin to run them.
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 13 2010, 09:46 AM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 8 2010, 09:23 PM) *

Ok I think that we have enough judging by the poll.
Why don't you head up the collection and I will tell our man to get ready. As soon as we have 50 paid orders I will have him put our tooling in the machine and begin to run them.

Please clarify pricing. confused24.gif
Thanks, Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.