Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thread with all the rebuild threads?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
I saw a reference to Mikelko's restoration thread (started in 2004) yesterday and worked my way through all 21 pages. It got me wondering if there is a thread which collects all the rebuild threads? I know some of them turn up in the Lapuwali Classic Forum, but certainly not all of them. I thought it might be interesting to collect all of them together in one super thread. At least links to all of them.

While I have your attention, when a thread becomes classic I think it would be a good idea to incorporate any off-site content (video, images, etc) into the thread itself so they don't become lost. With the owner's permission, of course. I noticed in Mikelko's thread there was some video on his website which appears to be NLA.

Skip
PanelBilly
Building one of the restoration threads is a lot of work. Sizing the photos and then creating text that explains the steps that were taken is a big investment of time for these guys. We all owe the folks who take the time to do this for us. Maybe we just need a simple way to allow them to move these thread to classic status (or does that already exist, and I don't know about it.)
Eric_Shea
Ever hit the "914 Forums" tab?

7th forum down. wink.gif
moparrob
DOH!

headbang.gif
Andyrew
It hasnt been updated IMHO to the extent it should be. There are a LOT of build threads out there, the build thread forum only covers ~ 10% of them...

Then again maybe I dont know what that forum is for....
Eric_Shea
SHoot me some links... I've got two day jobs. smile.gif
Andyrew
Eric, Im not complaining about the Admin team smile.gif Its US as users that havent done anything... I'll shoot you some links a little later!
Eric_Shea
Eric, Im not complaining about the Admin team

I didn't think you were. I was just saying, I don't have time to hunt down threads so... thanks.

1/2 way done... someone owes me a beer. beer.gif
Andyrew
Awesome!!! thanks!
smontanaro
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 12 2011, 11:31 AM) *

Ever hit the "914 Forums" tab?

7th forum down. wink.gif

Thanks. I've personally never made it past the Lapuwali Classics Forum. It never occurred to me that there might be a build-only forum because while I was reading Mikelko's build thread, a couple of the posts looked like that thread had been moved the the classics forum.

S
smontanaro
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 12 2011, 06:23 PM) *
1/2 way done... someone owes me a beer. beer.gif

Thanks. When you're out this way picking up calipers and such I'll buy you one.

Skip
smontanaro
I notice in Gint's build thread there appear to be a lot of missing pix. For example, it seems post #17 is supposed to have a picture or two. Do images disappear over time or did they get lost in the club->world transition?

Skip

McMark
Not sure what happened to those pics. Better PM Gint and ask him. We didn't lose pics in the transition and we've started grabbing all linked pictures so we keep all our information self-contained. If PhotoBucket were to go down tomorrow, we would still have all out pictures. sunglasses.gif Thanks to Andy for that bit of code.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 13 2011, 01:27 PM) *

Not sure what happened to those pics. Better PM Gint and ask him. We didn't lose pics in the transition and we've started grabbing all linked pictures so we keep all our information self-contained. If PhotoBucket were to go down tomorrow, we would still have all out pictures. sunglasses.gif Thanks to Andy for that bit of code.

Actually, that's not true for old threads. I never got around to run those scripts for older threads when i first implemented the imagesucker ...

One of these days ... There's a lot of old threads where people didn't actually upload images here but linked to them on other sites. If that site goes down or the images were deleted there, we will no longer see those images.

That's why i always tell people to upload their images here directly ...
shades.gif
Gint
Mine are missing just like the pics are missing from the first few pages of the Member's 914 Pictures thread. I don't know why they are missing, but they've been gone for a while now. All of my images were uploaded to this site from my personal computer. The ones that are missing were part of that old batch of pics that disappeared. I've been meaning to find the pics and re-upload them at some point.
McMark
hmmm, really weird. Gotta look into that. idea.gif
Andyrew
Andy,

What is our server size and current usage? Just curious.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.