Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who wants to go to WCR 2012?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
McMark
The rough schedule of events is:

Thursday- arrive, hang, and eat provided BBQ.
Friday- twisties drive, afternoon open (tech sessions?)
Saturday- auto cross at Marina (optional drive for non AXers), dinner provided, awards
Sunday- auto cross at Marina

Somewhere in there will be car judging.

I will post registration info tomorrow.
Andyrew
Thanks Mark!
dem
Hm, that doesn't sound like much for saturday/sunday posers. Is there a non-autocross rebel poser group on Sat/Sun? Drive and a lunch or something?

I've never attended, so I've no idea what the 'culture' of WCR is so excuse me if I'm offending the organizers. smile.gif

ConeDodger
QUOTE(dem @ Mar 6 2012, 05:03 AM) *

Hm, that doesn't sound like much for saturday/sunday posers. Is there a non-autocross rebel poser group on Sat/Sun? Drive and a lunch or something?

I've never attended, so I've no idea what the 'culture' of WCR is so excuse me if I'm offending the organizers. smile.gif

We have a drive planned for wussies err... I mean non-autocrossers for Saturday. It involves a visit to a famous $400K 914...

excuse me if I offend people who offend the organizers av-943.gif
McMark
Edited the list to reflect the optional drive.
McMark
First post updated with registration info.
Andyrew
There is no cost for registering on the front page..

So its free? smile.gif
McMark
av-943.gif DOH!

Okay, it's done now. pinch.gif
Andyrew
Thanks!
Elliot Cannon
I am booked and registered. type.gif How about YOU? slap.gif
Cheers, Elliot
jim_hoyland
Booked, registered, and ready to go.....where is Marina ?
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 6 2012, 10:59 AM) *

Me too!! Will we have 2 Copper metallic '75s there this year Jim??

Looking forward to this,. . . I need a vacation!!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Mar 6 2012, 12:37 PM) *

Me too!! Will we have 2 Copper metallic '75s there this year Jim??

Looking forward to this,. . . I need a vacation!!

I'll be making the drive in the copper 914, see you there smile.gif
Elliot Cannon

Marina airport used to be Fort Ord.
McMark
Think Monterey and then go 5 min north. wink.gif
nathansnathan
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 28 2012, 08:43 AM) *

...meeting my girlfriend in Monterey.

Which agency did you order her from? av-943.gif

Just kidding ya! poke.gif

I need to order like 2 or 3 more actually, get them all sanding my car biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
McMark
Hmmm, which is cheaper? Hookers or your friendly local home depot laborer.... idea.gif They'll get that car sanded down lickety split. av-943.gif
Lennies914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Room booked! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Car is getting close to being done!

Insurance and License plates this week.

driving.gif
McMark
icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
Booked a room but may have to cancel. I received two emailed from the company I work for stating they are expecting a high claims volume from the storms over the last few weeks. I'm keeping the booking but if we come out registration will be last minute for us.

With all the 914's in that part of the world this event should fill up!
jim_hoyland
50 days to go !
ww914
Just sent registration fee. Now, back to work. Mark, haven't put the engine in yet. Waiting for some grommets, but it will be soon.
McMark
Mark, haven't put the engine in yet. Waiting for some grommets, but it will be soon.

Warren

Well you're probably going to beat me getting my engine back in. lol2.gif
bdstone914
One of the rarest events may occur at this function.
Me driving there in a 914 that I own.
I am buying one of the best 914's that I have ever seen in all my years of hunting.
It is a 73 2.0l no rust holes, no body damage, Fuchs, AC, sway bars. It needs a fuel pump.

By the way our friends Ron and Glenn set their next swap meet date for the 29th.

I will see if they want to change that.

Bruce
Elliot Cannon
You drive a 914? Let me know if you need parts. I can hook you up to a good source. lol-2.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 10 2012, 07:01 AM) *

One of the rarest events may occur at this function.
Me driving there in a 914 that I own.
I am buying one of the best 914's that I have ever seen in all my years of hunting.
It is a 73 2.0l no rust holes, no body damage, Fuchs, AC, sway bars. It needs a fuel pump.

By the way our friends Ron and Glenn set their next swap meet date for the 29th.

I will see if they want to change that.

Bruce

The G & R is one of the biggest 914 events of the year, I'd hate to miss it !
McMark
This years artwork for shirts just came in. Check it out on the first post!
Elliot Cannon
Looks pretty much like the previous three or four years.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 11 2012, 11:33 AM) *

Looks pretty much like the previous three or four years.

'cept for the view of the ocean, the sand dunes and the windblown pines... Oh and the slogan. Yes we have had the same artist do the art for a few years now. Pretty much an icon of WCR. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Register up people! Let's get our WCR on!!!
Andyrew
I think I know the answer to this, but does registration include autox fee's?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 12 2012, 09:24 AM) *

No... But I bet you knew that. Included in your registration is a t-shirt, a name tag, the opening night BBQ, the Saturday night BBQ, and your chance at any goody giveaways that occur.
JStroud
Sent my registration payment today, booked my room. piratenanner.gif Now I just need to get the new motor and tranny installed in the 74 before then......no problem. driving.gif

See you there. beerchug.gif drunk.gif

Jeff
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(jsconst @ Mar 12 2012, 08:05 PM) *

Sent my registration payment today, booked my room. piratenanner.gif Now I just need to get the new motor and tranny installed in the 74 before then......no problem. driving.gif

See you there. beerchug.gif drunk.gif

Jeff

If I can do it, you can do it.

Room been booked, register soon...

I'm thinking Roadglue should plan a cruise for one of the days... idea.gif

Randy? driving.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 12 2012, 05:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 12 2012, 09:24 AM) *

No... But I bet you knew that. Included in your registration is a t-shirt, a name tag, the opening night BBQ, the Saturday night BBQ, and your chance at any goody giveaways that occur.

Do we have the cost of the Saturday auto-X?? I've gotta beat-feet first thing Sunday, so Saturday is my only day on the course. . .
McMark
Saturday's AX is $50 ($40 for PCA members)
Here is more info regarding the Sat AX.
Begins at 7:30 AM.
Bring sunscreen, food/water, helmet, camping chair, etc. No Alcohol.

Sunday's AX is $45 ($35 for PCA members)
Apparently deli sandwiches can be ordered for $8 in the morning.
Begins at 7:30 AM.
Bring sunscreen, food/water, helmet, camping chair, etc. No Alcohol.

You MUST sign up via MotorsportReg.com before the event or you will pay an extra $10 at the door.
RoadGlue
Hey!

So there's no way we can do the whole event. We'd like to play double-duty on this though by incorporating a visit with family in Santa Cruz too.

We'd like to come down Friday night, stay somewhere in Monterey that night. Saturday we'd take part in the fun run. Then in the late afternoon, we'd say goodbye and head north to Santa Cruz. We wouldn't be eating or officially registering if that's okay.

So, what's happening Saturday? Is there a fun-run route planned out? Just gives me an idea of our time line if I know what direction it's going.

Thanks!
lucid 914 dream
Count me in! I paypaled the $ and made reservations...
McMark
Randy- No food + no goodies = no registration. thumb3d.gif
Elliot Cannon
OK! Everyone get off your collective asses and get registered. I count only 14 have done so, so far. DO IT. slap.gif
lucid 914 dream
I went to motorsports.com to register for the AX and couldn't find the 4/28 GGR event. Will it pop up 'x' amount of days before the event, or? Sunday's event is there...hosted by Loma Prieta region PCA, correct? smilie_pokal.gif
McMark
Hrmm....

I can only guess that GGR hasn't posted their events on MotorsportReg yet. And now the LPR event is showing 'suspended registration'.

confused24.gif
Chris Hamilton
We usually don't put the events up on MSR until about three weeks before the event.

If it's a big deal for anyone I could probably put it up sooner...
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif Still on the fence but this was sliding down the page.
Mueller
Anyone from the Bay Area going down just for the day on Sat or Sun? Heck, I might be able skip work on Friday if someone is just going down that day.

No 914, but I can bring picture of my steel GT flares smile.gif

Yes, I still have those sad.gif

Mike
scrz914
Registration fees sent. Yahoo! I'll be driving down each day as I live just a little north of Monterey. driving.gif
strawman
Just sent payment. Of course, my car is STILL not completed...
RUNNINGWOLF
Registered Gina & me. I'm so excited, I just can't hide it!!!! piratenanner.gif
Original words by me! confused24.gif
RUNNINGWOLF
chair.gif Hey people, get registered!
Let's shoot for 100 teeners! There are that many running aren't there?
Tell your friends, let's have a party! beerchug.gif
Rand
Promotion seems to be different this year. I hope you all will get the nature of this event and not miss out. This really is the biggest annual 914 event on the west coast.

It's late in the game now, but get on board if you can! It will be a fun gathering.

I'm not sure who to shout to for either kudos or marketing help: Mark? Rob? Speak up WCR2012 Organizer/Manager! Who are you? We need you!!!! Do you need any help?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.