Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who wants to go to WCR 2012?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 23 2012, 11:57 AM) *

QUOTE(JimN73 @ Apr 23 2012, 11:24 AM) *

Paid and reserved at Motel 6. I'm leaving here Friday morning and will try to meed the group at Canepa. Lunch for sure.

If anyone else is leaving the East Bay at 9:30 to 10:00 on Friday, perhaps we could go down together - safety in numbers.

Jim

I could meet up with you near San Leandro , as long as you don't mind being followed by an non-914 vehicle (it'll still be German smile.gif )

I was thinking of going all the way to Marina on Fri AM but if that changes, I'll be in your Fri AM caravan with a trailered 914.
JimN73
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 23 2012, 12:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 23 2012, 11:57 AM) *

QUOTE(JimN73 @ Apr 23 2012, 11:24 AM) *

Paid and reserved at Motel 6. I'm leaving here Friday morning and will try to meed the group at Canepa. Lunch for sure.

If anyone else is leaving the East Bay at 9:30 to 10:00 on Friday, perhaps we could go down together - safety in numbers.

Jim

I could meet up with you near San Leandro , as long as you don't mind being followed by an non-914 vehicle (it'll still be German smile.gif )

I was thinking of going all the way to Marina on Fri AM but if that changes, I'll be in your Fri AM caravan with a trailered 914.

I started a separate thread for this trip. So let's move future discussion there.
malaga_red75
Payment sent!

be there friday morning to go on the drive to Canepa.
see you guys soon...

driving.gif driving.gif

Click to view attachment
Borderline
If you're doing the Autocross, please register online. If nothing else, it will keep the registration people happy and you may save some $$.

Sat Registration with GGR

Sunday Registration with LPR

Online registration closes Thurs night! Register now, well before midnite Thurs biggrin.gif

Randal
QUOTE(Borderline @ Apr 23 2012, 08:34 PM) *

If you're doing the Autocross, please register online. If nothing else, it will keep the registration people happy and you may save some $$.

Online registration closes Thurs night! Register now, well before midnite Thurs biggrin.gif

So if your just doing the autox on Saturday and Sunday, and nothing else, is the registration fee for the WRC $25 or $55?

Maybe Rob can answer this?
Borderline
As an added enticement, here is a copy of the AX course. Sunday will use the same course and just run it in the opposite direction.

Click to view attachment

and no I don't know why the corner worker station numbers are up side down. MDB2.gif MDB2.gif MDB2.gif MDB2.gif MDB2.gif
pt_700
see y'all in sunny monterey saturday, paypal sent!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Randal @ Apr 23 2012, 08:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Borderline @ Apr 23 2012, 08:34 PM) *

So if your just doing the autox on Saturday and Sunday, and nothing else, is the registration fee for the WRC $25 or $55?

Maybe Rob can answer this?

The ggr lpr events are separate and independent. The wcr money is for the wcr food and stuff.....
Andyrew
We'll be there Saturday for the drive and such and Sunday for the autox!

IPB Image
biosurfer1
Andyrew, is it you dad that has the 944 turbo, I think? Is he bringing it to WCR?
Andyrew
Yes and Yes
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Ramble on... Ya ya ya ya sing my song. Gonna work my way goin' round the world...

Sing it! You know you want to come to WCR2012 Ramble in the Dunes so do it!!! biggrin.gif
biosurfer1
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 24 2012, 06:25 AM) *

Yes and Yes

Is he selling it? I saw a red one was posted yesterday in Modesto, but now that I think about it, it may have had different wheels. In either case, I'd like to get a ride in it if possible. I've been tossing around the idea of picking one up.

On another note, we are quickly approaching 70 registered 914'ers for WCR 2012!
matthepcat
Is the auto x fee an entrance fee for spectators, or just for those that intend on racing? ( I am interested in watching )
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Apr 24 2012, 07:33 AM) *

Is the auto x fee an entrance fee for spectators, or just for those that intend on racing? ( I am interested in watching )

No fee to watch!
Andyrew
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 24 2012, 06:50 AM) *

Yes and Yes

Is he selling it? I saw a red one was posted yesterday in Modesto, but now that I think about it, it may have had different wheels. In either case, I'd like to get a ride in it if possible. I've been tossing around the idea of picking one up.

Not selling it (Dont see which red one your referring to). When he does im first in line and WILL be buying it.

Your welcome to ride! But its PCA and unless they still think Dad is instructor quality, we cant give out rides on the track, On the street sure!

rick 918-S
Sorry guys, were out this time. Too many road blocks to overcome.
jim_hoyland
Left Sunset Beach this am and made it to Cambria. Leaving tomorrow for Big Sur and Monterey.
Andyrew
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 24 2012, 06:26 PM) *

sad.gif
Mueller

Bummer....maybe next the next one for sure!
EdwardBlume

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

Super bummer....
ConeDodger
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 24 2012, 05:26 PM) *

Ok, everyone out. No WCR this year. If Rick and Sandy aren't coming it just ain't gonna happen... sad.gif
dan10101

Yes and Yes

You're welcome to ride or drive (with supervison driving.gif ). Hopefully I'll still have some 100 octane in it. It's really a one off car. NA block, Turbo everything else. Coil overs. and a nice little dent in the back that Andrew did 8 years ago. I think I'll just leave it until he buys it off me.

I'd invite you to autocross it, but I'm not sure it will hold up to 2 much less 3 drivers.
Dan
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 24 2012, 11:22 PM) *

Ok, everyone out. No WCR this year. If Rick and Sandy aren't coming it just ain't gonna happen... sad.gif

Geeze.. sad.gif Son is getting married a week from Sunday. If we had car trouble on the way home we'd be getting plane tickets to make the wedding. Did that stop us? No. Work took over my free time to finish Sandy's car. Did that stop us? No, we were going to take the Alien. assimilate.gif Gas prices would postpone anyones trip half way across the country and back. Did that stop us? No, $ 1500.00 for gas? What ever... But the Alien sprung a leak. Took a meteor strike to the radiator and I don't have time to fix it. dry.gif confused24.gif Too late for plane tickets and uncle sam sheeplove.gif put the big hurt on us. dry.gif I had to sit on a bag of frozen peas after that one. unsure.gif That's it. I've tossed the towel in for this year. wacko.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 24 2012, 08:40 PM) *

Geeze.. sad.gif Son is getting married a week from Sunday. If we had car trouble on the way home we'd be getting plane tickets to make the wedding. Did that stop us? No. Work took over my free time to finish Sandy's car. Did that stop us? No, we were going to take the Alien. assimilate.gif Gas prices would postpone anyones trip half way across the country and back. Did that stop us? No, $ 1500.00 for gas? What ever... But the Alien sprung a leak. Took a meteor strike to the radiator and I don't have time to fix it. dry.gif confused24.gif Too late for plane tickets and uncle sam sheeplove.gif put the big hurt on us. dry.gif I had to sit on a bag of frozen peas after that one. unsure.gif That's it. I've tossed the towel in for this year. wacko.gif

Rick, what if we send you pictures everyday? Can we still have WCR?
Andyrew
QUOTE(dan10101 @ Apr 24 2012, 09:35 PM) *

Yes and Yes

You're welcome to ride or drive (with supervison driving.gif ). Hopefully I'll still have some 100 octane in it. It's really a one off car. NA block, Turbo everything else. Coil overs. and a nice little dent in the back that Andrew did 8 years ago. I think I'll just leave it until he buys it off me.

I'd invite you to autocross it, but I'm not sure it will hold up to 2 much less 3 drivers.
Dan

I didnt make that dent... The guy with no insurance behind me did...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 24 2012, 11:52 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 24 2012, 08:40 PM) *

Rick, what if we send you pictures everyday? Can we still have WCR?

Ya You betcha! laugh.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 24 2012, 09:40 PM) *

Sorry you couldn't make it Rick. I know you made every effort. sad.gif We'll toast your Sons wedding.
biosurfer1
Thanks Dan, I'll certainly take you up on that. I'm not a track guy though so just around normal streets is more than enough. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(dan10101 @ Apr 24 2012, 09:35 PM) *

Yes and Yes

Dan

ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

I have had enough! I can't take it anymore! I'm leaving today for WCR2012 Ramble in the Dunes! Might even stop at Original Customs in Sonoma for a spot repair so the car runs biggrin.gif
ww914
QUOTE(kenschipper @ Apr 18 2012, 07:54 PM) *

WCR 2012 Route Map for Saturday Drive

The route out is much twister that it looks. The numbers are primarily there to get the route on the map correctly. #3 is Arroyo Secco where we will have lunch.

Click to view attachment

Ken

Since you know this route, can you make any suggestions on places for a good photo shoot either side of lunch?

Warren
RUNNINGWOLF
Leaving Lincoln City, Oregun about an hour from now, stopping for new tag and tires for trailer. Then it's off to Californie, it's the place I wants be, gold in them hills , I mean 914s!!!! driving.gif
JStroud
Talked to Scott Allen the designer at Bell who will lead our tour of the Bell Helmet Center in Scotts Valley. Looks like he'll be joining us at Canepa, and maybe lunch.
(Its Ok, he owns a 914, not sure if it runs though.)

They are going to block off part of their parking lot so all the 914s will be together, they also are having their photographer there for some pictures. Hopefully we'll have a good turn out for them, should be an interesting tour. Sounds like their excited to have us come, maybe we'll see some Bell advertising with a picture of 914s in it someday. beer.gif

We are set up for around 2:00, should give us plenty of time to see Canepa, and have lunch before then.

Well gotta go bleed my brakes, try and seal a valve cover gasket leak, fix my heater exchanger rattle...again, tighten the front wheel bearings, check the oil,trannie,air, vacuum, wash, wax(maybe), and pack, leave in the morning....no problem.

See you there, or on the way! driving.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif piratenanner.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif

Jeff
kenschipper
QUOTE(ww914 @ Apr 25 2012, 08:32 AM) *

QUOTE(kenschipper @ Apr 18 2012, 07:54 PM) *

WCR 2012 Route Map for Saturday Drive

The route out is much twister that it looks. The numbers are primarily there to get the route on the map correctly. #3 is Arroyo Secco where we will have lunch.

Click to view attachment

Ken

Since you know this route, can you make any suggestions on places for a good photo shoot either side of lunch?

Warren

It has been about 3 years since I last made that trip so I cannot give any specifics. We will stop once or twice as we come upon areas where there is enough space to stop.
jim_hoyland
Left Cambria around 9:30,stopped at Nepenthe in Big Sur for lunch, then made the long twisty drive to Marina.

Checked into the Motel 6, it's located behind the Denny's. There's no free Wi-FI, they want $ 2 a day. I went over to Starbucks for the free Wi-FI.

If you arrive early, I'm in room 140 around the back side. There are houses on the other side of the fence.....

Jim
JimN73
Perhaps the info is in the 17 pages of this thread, but perhaps not.

Is there a schedule/list of times and places for Friday and Saturday dinners? If there's a photo shoot at Laguna Seca, will we be able to get into the track easily and where will we meet?

Will the different groups, Canepa & Bell vs twisty drive on Friday and Autocross vs drive on Saturday, be able to congregate after our events

Thanks to the organizers

Jim
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Apr 25 2012, 05:51 PM) *

Perhaps the info is in the 17 pages of this thread, but perhaps not.

Is there a schedule/list of times and places for Friday and Saturday dinners? If there's a photo shoot at Laguna Seca, will we be able to get into the track easily and where will we meet?

Will the different groups, Canepa & Bell vs twisty drive on Friday and Autocross vs drive on Saturday, be able to congregate after our events

Thanks to the organizers

Jim

Sorry Jim... WCR is never that organized. All drives and such start at 9:14am if that helps. We rely heavily on volunteers and mostly just play it by ear. Believe it or not, it always works... You'll see. biggrin.gif
Trekkor
Have fun guys!

KT
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Trekkor @ Apr 25 2012, 09:03 PM) *

Have fun guys!

KT

Come on down Trekkor! Two autocrosses in one weekend. Bring that six... You know it's the right thing to do! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
In my room, over looking the lot. Two 914's here already. Jim Hoyland's car that looks to have never seen rain before today. Mine up on the trailer awaiting Original Customs parking lot magic so it will run for more than a few minutes.
Sipping on a Blue Moon to activate my liver enzymes for the rest of the weekend fun! See you guys tomorrow! Drive safe!
smokey
I live right next to watsonville air port. 152 & hyw 1 . Its raining lightly .
Drive safe .
driving.gif
smoke.gif
lucid 914 dream

I got my WCR t-shirt yesterday in the mail....I forgot all about it. Thanks, better late than never, eh?

That Guy
rick 918-S
Got my shirts too! Thanks guys. Hope things are different next year and I can actually make the event. dry.gif
pt_700
as a late registrant, i didn't expect a shirt at the event. any left, perhaps a medium?

what an awesome time we had!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(pt_700 @ Jul 13 2012, 11:15 AM) *

as a late registrant, i didn't expect a shirt at the event. any left, perhaps a medium?

what an awesome time we had!

If you registered, you have a shirt coming for your registration. Contact Biosurfer.

I know this has gotten dragged out because of the site being down. We want to close this out. If you feel you have something coming please let us know...

No refunds because you 'chose to come late and left early' and therefore missed both meals. Meals were paid for by registrant head count, not actual meals served. Sorry.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 13 2012, 04:10 PM) *

No refunds because you 'chose to come late and left early' and therefore missed both meals. Meals were paid for by registrant head count, not actual meals served. Sorry.

I ate 5 dinners. Do I owe anyone money?
ConeDodger
I think Ways and I have exactly the same sense-of-humor... av-943.gif

Sure Rob! I'll give you a list of jackwagons you can send money to! blink.gif
hot_shoe914
I ate 5 dinners. Do I owe anyone money?

You're probably the sum bitch that got my XXXL shirt.
jeeperjohn56
I got my shirts in the mail, Thanks Brett John driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.