Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who wants to go to WCR 2012?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
rick 918-S
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 1 2012, 10:31 AM) *

Rick...I have added your name to the registered participant list to inspire (or guilt/shame) you into working faster/harder/longer so you can make it.

That list is concrete and once on, one cannot be removed!

As I always say, there are 24 hrs in a day. welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif
hydroliftin
Some of you have been wondering what to do at WCR if you are not out at the auto-x in Marina. Friday morning at 9:14 we are gathering in the motel parking lot for a drive to Canepa Design in Scotts Valley. You will see some of the finest classic race and sports cars in their show room, in their museum, and in the shop. This is a must see for any enthusiast, but there is more. I've worked out a sceenic route on some of the less traveled roads in the area. After visiting Canepa we can all meet up for lunch, and then free time to visit Santa Cruz or Aptos or back down to the Monterey area.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Apr 1 2012, 09:39 AM) *

Some of you have been wondering what to do at WCR if you are not out at the auto-x in Marina. Friday morning at 9:14 we are gathering in the motel parking lot for a drive to Canepa Design in Scotts Valley. You will see some of the finest classic race and sports cars in their show room, in their museum, and in the shop. This is a must see for any enthusiast, but there is more. I've worked out a sceenic route on some of the less traveled roads in the area. After visiting Canepa we can all meet up for lunch, and then free time to visit Santa Cruz or Aptos or back down to the Monterey area.

Sounds nice!! Guy stuff half the day, then wife stuff the other. beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
Sounds great ! smile.gif
jimtab
I would love to party and drive with all you guys but we leave for China on the 19th of April....back in the middle of May tho....sure you don't want to wait???? LOL
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Don't let the time slip away! Time to get registered and make your plans!
Tom_T
Thanx for the heads-up email to whomever sent it!
.... and for "permission" to not need to have my 914 driveable & along with me! biggrin.gif

Unfortunately I get a double whammy this time, as I'll be out of town 4/23-30 and will miss both WCR & the G&R Flesh Roast on the 29th (I think). sad.gif

- which I thought was odd to overlap G&R with the last day of WCR. confused24.gif

So I guess Ron & Glenn will be burning up the 101 pavement driving.gif driving.gif from Monterey Sat. night! laugh.gif

Have a good one all! beerchug.gif

Tom
///////
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Come on down and get your Ramble on! WCR just three short weeks away! Be there!
jim_hoyland
This is a turnout ! smile.gif
wes
I was thinking of taking the motorhome rather than staying at the Motel 6, anyone going to do the same? any group RV overnight parking?
I'll be going one way or the other sounds like a lot of fun and a good chance to see others that cant find better things to do with $$ than play withe teener s, sad to say my car wont be back on the road by then! beerchug.gif
Lennies914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 4 2012, 03:35 PM) *

Where and when was this Jim?
Rand

No kidding, that's a great shot. With that many, it's kind of a bummer the few non-teeners didn't park away from the group for the photo op.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Apr 4 2012, 04:52 PM) *

Where and when was this Jim?

It was one of the Euro events, forgot the exact locale, but that was a great turnout and
Would be nice to better at the Marina WCR... smile.gif
RoadGlue
We're coming down for the fun run Saturday. What time will that event get going? We're half debating saving some cash and staying with family in Santa Cruz that night vs. forking out the cash for a hotel Friday night.

Is there a route and plan for the Saturday fun run?

Thanks!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Apr 4 2012, 04:41 PM) *

We're coming down for the fun run Saturday. What time will that event get going? We're half debating saving some cash and staying with family in Santa Cruz that night vs. forking out the cash for a hotel Friday night.

Thanks!

Yes... Saturday will have a drive led by Ken Schipper...
ConeDodger

Better wear your drivin' shoes if you're coming to WCR this year. The Central Coast boasts some of the best driver's roads in the world. No accident that the Targa California chooses this region!
wes
Ok got my room set at Motel 6 are we going to bolck a number of room as we might be able to be in the same section of the motel piratenanner.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(wes @ Apr 5 2012, 01:43 PM) *

Ok got my room set at Motel 6 are we going to bolck a number of room as we might be able to be in the same section of the motel piratenanner.gif

No. Thus far at least, we have had no problems with people getting rooms. Historically, WCR has had problems with hotels so we (the organizers) don't want to promise any kind of turnout to any innkeepers who might want to bend us over later for 'failure to perform' clauses because we rented two or three less rooms.
harlenl
Sorry everyone for not being more involved in all the threads as I haven't logged onto the site since last fall. I was just informed from Peter Van Der Pas about WCR in Monterey. I read through the threads and I'll help where I can.

In regards to access to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (sorry I have to say it that way) that weekend it is being rented by the SCCA for their double regionals as mentioned by someone else. If you want to watch it is free. Please be aware that the track does sit on a county park and sometimes they charge a fee. When entering the facility from Hwy 68 take the left road if it is open. Going right takes you up the big hill to the main gate.

As for the picture by the tire bridge, it might be possible during the lunch break, but it might be better at the end of their day. The issue is liability insurance. I can look into getting access if you wish. Just let me know.

Someone also mentioned going up to Canepa's place in Scotts Valley for those that do not want to autocross. For anyone who wants to do that I can set up a tour for you. The best part is going in the back to the workshop.

Let me know what you would like me to do and I'll do what I can.

Harlen
harlenl
One more thing, I'm not sure if there are prizes or raffles during the event, but I would be more than happy to support you by donating some tickets to the American Lemans race (May 11-12) or Ferrari Racing Days (May 18-20). Whomever is in charge of the WCR event (I apologize for not knowing) please let me know.

Harlen

harlenlee@scramp.org
831-818-7881
ConeDodger

Let's get it on! WCR is coming up fast! Everybody's gonna be there who's anybody! Including Rick and Sandy all the way from Minnesota! I'll be telling Oly and Lena jokes and you can watch as Sandy snorts beer through her nose while she laughs! Oh Ya! Fer Sure! slap.gif
arkitect
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 6 2012, 08:16 AM) *

Let's get it on! WCR is coming up fast! Everybody's gonna be there who's anybody! Including Rick and Sandy all the way from Minnesota! I'll be telling Oly and Lena jokes and you can watch as Sandy snorts beer through her nose while she laughs! Oh Ya! Fer Sure! slap.gif

Rob,
Where do you find all these cool 914 picts? Cool shot with 914 painted on the hood.

Dave
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(arkitect @ Apr 6 2012, 08:29 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 6 2012, 08:16 AM) *

Rob,
Where do you find all these cool 914 picts? Cool shot with 914 painted on the hood.

Dave

He actually owns most of those cars.
rick 918-S
Still working on it. dry.gif We love the Monterey area!

Click to view attachment
ww914
I will be there, but without the 914. The engine won't be ready in time. I will bring the big camera and take pictures at the autocross. Here is one I took at our AX at Santa Maria Airport.

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger

Let's make some memories! 914's in the Dunes of the Central Coast!
Lennies914
My car should be done this weekend!!

piratenanner.gif driving.gif
jeffdon
Payment sent! And only three weeks.

Is there going to be a caravan on Thursday from the Oakland/East bay Area?

harlenl

Hey Peter,
Did you set-up a personal tour? Besides his show room and museum, you definitely want to go in the back. Let me know if you need my help and I'll make a call. They owe me a favor so it's not a big issue.

Harlen
harlenlee@scramp.org
831-818-7881
RoadGlue

Some of you have been wondering what to do at WCR if you are not out at the auto-x in Marina. Friday morning at 9:14 we are gathering in the motel parking lot for a drive to Canepa Design in Scotts Valley.

I'm sorry, but isn't the first auto-x on Saturday? I was hoping the tour run would be on Saturday, as that allows us to attend a function. Just hoping for clarification.

Thanks!

Randy
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Apr 7 2012, 03:14 PM) *

Some of you have been wondering what to do at WCR if you are not out at the auto-x in Marina. Friday morning at 9:14 we are gathering in the motel parking lot for a drive to Canepa Design in Scotts Valley.

I'm sorry, but isn't the first auto-x on Saturday? I was hoping the tour run would be on Saturday, as that allows us to attend a function. Just hoping for clarification.

Thanks!

Randy

Randy,
First tour Friday, second tour Saturday. Canepa was going to be closed on Saturday for an event they wanted to attend. Peter arranged to get us a tour on Friday. Saturday will be fun too. Led by Ken Schipper who knows the local roads well...
JStroud
If anyone is interested I could probably arrange a tour of Easton-Bell Sports Helmet Technology Center in Scotts Valley. My brother is The VP there, I went down yesterday to pick up my new helmet.

Thought this was a cool shot

Click to view attachment

A $40,000.00 3D printer making a helmet

Click to view attachment

My Brother.....and my new helmet piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

Let me know if there is any interest for a tour friday while the group is in town.
I had more pictures of the production areas, but agreed not to post them....could be competitors out there

Jeff
hydroliftin
QUOTE(jsconst @ Apr 8 2012, 08:54 AM) *

If anyone is interested I could probably arrange a tour of Easton-Bell Sports Helmet Technology Center in Scotts Valley. My brother is The VP there, I went down yesterday to pick up my new helmet.

Let me know if there is any interest for a tour friday while the group is in town.
I had more pictures of the production areas, but agreed not to post them....could be competitors out there

Jeff

Jeff,

I was planning on getting to Canepa at 11:30 then lunch in Scotts Valley afterward. PM me about the details of a possible tour of Bell. I'm sure there would be people interested. I don't know exactly when we would be done with lunch, maybe 1:00 - 1:30, and the lunch spot is like a block away.
Elliot Cannon
I wanted to drive highway 1 up or back or both but alas, I think it's closed (again) around Big Sur. sad.gif hissyfit.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 8 2012, 10:17 PM) *

I wanted to drive highway 1 up or back or both but alas, I think it's closed (again) around Big Sur. sad.gif hissyfit.gif

That is my plan, Hwy ; have you seen this : http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2012/03/28/20...rock-slide.html
ConeDodger

Are you ready to ROCK??? Ok, bad pun... Watch yourself coming North on Hwy 1 from the South... It could be raining rocks at Rain Rock!
JStroud
I talked to my brother, a tour of Bells Helmet Technology Center is all set up for after lunch Friday afternoon,for anyone interested. This is the facility that designs the new helmets or changes to existing, very interesting place with lots of cool equipment.

Anyone participating will need to sign a non disclosure agreement and agree to no pictures or video past the lobby.

One of the designers, a Porsche enthusiast, who owns a 914, will lead our tour, guess we'll have to tell him about 914 world, or is he out there.....

Should be fun, see you there.

Jeff
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jsconst @ Apr 9 2012, 06:57 AM) *

I talked to my brother, a tour of Bells Helmet Technology Center is all set up for after lunch Friday afternoon,for anyone interested. This is the facility that designs the new helmets or changes to existing, very interesting place with lots of cool equipment.

Anyone participating will need to sign a non disclosure agreement and agree to no pictures or video past the lobby.

One of the designers, a Porsche enthusiast, who owns a 914, will lead our tour, guess we'll have to tell him about 914 world, or is he out there.....

Should be fun, see you there.

Jeff

Jeff,
Steve Mill and I met an intern at one of the SCCA SoloII events in Stockton last year. She was part of a Formula SAE team doing some tuning at the autocross. Great tech... Steve's son wants to get a job there after he finishes engineering school...
blackmoon
Darn it having the surgery the weekend before, doubt if I will be up for a drive, if so I'll come, and to Mark, man the motor is running great, ready to try another AX event
hydroliftin
So it looks like Friday is shaping up to be a busy day:

Meet up in the parking lot of the Motel 6 at 9:14 AM.

Scenic drive to Scotts Valley and arive at Canepa Design by 11:30.

Tour the incredible show room, museum and shop that Bruce Canepa has set up.

Lunch

And now a tour of Easton Bell Sports just after lunch.

How many people are planning on coming along Friday?
ConeDodger
I am torn. Jeff is a friend and I would love to see Bell but the Lufthansa 914? Are you kidding? I think I have to see that. Sorry Jeff! Don't scratch my car! sad.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 10 2012, 08:16 AM) *

I am torn. Jeff is a friend and I would love to see Bell but the Lufthansa 914? Are you kidding? I think I have to see that. Sorry Jeff! Don't scratch my car! sad.gif

If the Lufthansa 914 is at Canepa, I don't think it's a matter of one or the other, the Bell tour is set up for after lunch as to not interfere. If there was another option for after lunch I wasn't aware. The Bell tour is there for whomever would like to go, no obligation, and you won't hurt my feelings by not going, just set it up for anyone interested.

And Rob I would never scratch your car, but you better watch that McMark guy looks like he's already scratched it headbang.gif Now you'll need paint av-943.gif

Jeff
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jsconst @ Apr 10 2012, 07:33 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 10 2012, 08:16 AM) *

If the Lufthansa 914 is at Canepa, I don't think it's a matter of one or the other, the Bell tour is set up for after lunch as to not interfere. If there was another option for after lunch I wasn't aware. The Bell tour is there for whomever would like to go, no obligation, and you won't hurt my feelings by not going, just set it up for anyone interested.

And Rob I would never scratch your car, but you better watch that McMark guy looks like he's already scratched it headbang.gif Now you'll need paint av-943.gif

Jeff

I know! Paint will wait for next winter though... I don't want to miss a season again. We will just throw some primer at her and drive her like a rented mule!
Elliot Cannon
I just Googled Canepa Design. I'm definately going.
McMark
QUOTE(blackmoon @ Apr 9 2012, 11:47 AM) *

Darn it having the surgery the weekend before, doubt if I will be up for a drive, if so I'll come, and to Mark, man the motor is running great, ready to try another AX event

Redwood Region is running again this Saturday in the same location. I won't be there, but Jamie will in his white 912.

Hopin' you'll be able to make it over to Monterey to hang out. drunk.gif beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
Speakin' of hanging out in the parking lot, who's bringing the Two Trunk Ale this year. Jim's brew was a major league hit last year! beer.gif
Justinp71
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 4 2012, 09:42 PM) *

Thanks!

So whose all planning to do the drive on Saturday (instead of a/x)? I'm good for either, just trying to get a feel for where everyone will be...

Do we know any of the drive details?
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Apr 12 2012, 12:45 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 4 2012, 09:42 PM) *

Thanks!

So whose all planning to do the drive on Saturday (instead of a/x)? I'm good for either, just trying to get a feel for where everyone will be...

Do we know any of the drive details?

I'll be there, but I really need to know what time the drive starts. That's going to determine whether or not we'll be staying in Monterey or with family in Santa Cruz Saturday. My vote (though it probably doesn't count for much) would be to have the drive be after lunch, sunset, nice light. smile.gif Well, maybe not sunset, but at least afternoon light.
Lennies914
My Wife and I will be partaking in the drive. It is unfortunate that the two events are happening at the same time. But I have yet to figure out how to be in two places at once. I would enjoy spectating at the A/X as well.
Justinp71
I wonder if we should 'watch' the a/x in the morning and do a drive in the afternoon...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.