Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who wants to go to WCR 2012?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Come on down and get your Ramble on! The WCR in the Dunes is coming up so get your registration in and let's get your head counted!
RUNNINGWOLF
driving.gif any 914 v-8 conversions coming? aktion035.gif [font=Book Antiqua]
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RUNNINGWOLF @ Mar 22 2012, 07:27 PM) *

Mr. Brown got a hankerin' for more power? evilgrin.gif
RUNNINGWOLF
Just lookin for a little competition on the track this year!
Those time sheets from last year were burned, right? beer.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(RUNNINGWOLF @ Mar 22 2012, 07:27 PM) *

I would have brought a V8... sad.gif

Now I'm bringing something faster... evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Let's get those registrations in! We got a party to get started! WCR in the Dunes! biggrin.gif We got dancin' girls and all kinds of depravity! evilgrin.gif
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(RUNNINGWOLF @ Mar 22 2012, 09:41 PM) *

Just lookin for a little competition on the track this year!
Those time sheets from last year were burned, right? beer.gif

I don't think the main competition is going to be from 8-cylinder cars... driving.gif
ConeDodger

Hey! Let's go! It's almost WCR time! Hit the registration button and make your reservation! We got some dunes to explore!
RUNNINGWOLF
I will beat any car, as long as the driver's hands and legs are tied tight.
Remember, I am an athlete, still capable of running the 100 yard dash in under a minute! Come people, the cars are the show! beerchug.gif
ConeDodger

OK, so the gauntlet has been thrown down! The autocross trash talk has begun! Let the festivities begin! The WCR in the dunes is coming up! Get your registration in! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Life is full of bad days! I say plan some good ones! Come on down to WCR 2012 in Monterey, CA and Ramble in the Dunes with the gang!
lucid 914 dream
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 25 2012, 07:47 AM) *

OK, so the gauntlet has been thrown down! The autocross trash talk has begun! Let the festivities begin! The WCR in the dunes is coming up! Get your registration in! biggrin.gif

So the 914 replaced my beloved 912 as history points out...can your 914 beat my 914-2 ? Don't forget my engine was built by McMark......heh,heh,heh

AX trash talk +5

piratenanner.gif
RUNNINGWOLF
Just curious, what the highest speed reached in a 914 while driving to a WCR event?
Miine was 100mph in the hills on I-5 just before reaching Medford last year.
Anyone faster? driving.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(RUNNINGWOLF @ Mar 26 2012, 12:54 PM) *

Just curious, what the highest speed reached in a 914 while driving to a WCR event?

40 miles following a corvette powered new Caddy hot rod at 120+ through the prairie land on 18 from Orin,wy to Lusk,wy. I had white knuckles following that Caddy. unsure.gif Not really sure of the speed. I hit 4000 rpm's for awhile. I have a HB 5th gear and a 255/60/16 rear tire.
RUNNINGWOLF
Now that's flying! I was quite nervous in corners near Roseburg, Or.
Couldn't have made 120 there. Not sure mine will do 120.
Bye the way this is not endorsing fast driving. Ok it is! icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(RUNNINGWOLF @ Mar 26 2012, 02:48 PM) *

Now that's flying! I was quite nervous in corners near Roseburg, Or.
Couldn't have made 120 there. Not sure mine will do 120.
Bye the way this is not endorsing fast driving. Ok it is! icon_bump.gif

Only do it if I can see for miles in all directions. It's too much fun to do it in a stupid manor.
ConeDodger
Let's see, Riquemar was ticketed at over 100mph in a 3.6 powered 914 on his way home from RRC... Not sure how he talked himself out of jail and a tow truck but that is recorded history. biggrin.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(RUNNINGWOLF @ Mar 22 2012, 08:27 PM) *

I'll be coming, but I wont drive the 914 on the track smile.gif
hydroliftin
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 26 2012, 11:49 AM) *

40 miles following a corvette powered new Caddy hot rod at 120+ through the prairie land on 18 from Orin,wy to Lusk,wy. I had white knuckles following that Caddy. unsure.gif Not really sure of the speed. I hit 4000 rpm's for awhile. I have a HB 5th gear and a 255/60/16 rear tire.

Let's keep the top speed talk for dinner talk at the WCR and keep it out of this forum. The CHP has been known to monitor enthusiasts sites and then show up at the most inconvienent times (ask me how I know).
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 26 2012, 03:34 PM) *

I'm not sure about the AX either. My car is setup for DE's and track day.

Besides, why break it?(assuming I can get it running in time)
matthepcat
Thinking about a day trip on Saturday to finally meet everyone in person. What time do people get started in the morning?

Matt
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Mar 26 2012, 06:02 PM) *

Thinking about a day trip on Saturday to finally meet everyone in person. What time do people get started in the morning?

Matt

9:14
aircooledtechguy
I'm not going to be participating in the AX either. This is the first trip that just my wife and I have taken w/o the kids since '98. I don't want to have her wishing she was elsewhere in possibly hot sun on the tarmac all day. . . Somehow, sightseeing and shopping tends to lead me to believe that finish in first place anyway. smilie_pokal.gif

If women only knew what we put up with. . .
Jakeodoule
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Mar 26 2012, 06:43 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 26 2012, 11:49 AM) *

Let's keep the top speed talk for dinner talk at the WCR and keep it out of this forum. The CHP has been known to monitor enthusiasts sites and then show up at the most inconvienent times (ask me how I know).

I Hardly think the CHP is sitting around monitoring forums. I would imagine it was a complete chance he showed up at an event.
They have plenty of other fish to fry than to have staff watching a forum with 35 year old cars.

2 years ago on the way to Tahoe, This was in Oregon just in case your worried about it.
Might have done a 130 "indicated" if we put the top on and I left Dr. Evil on the curb.
Click to view attachment
JRust
I hit 140 following Leamon in his NSX when we were in Lancaster coming back form his shop. Of course my speedo was of. I figure by about 15-18 miles fast. So I was doing 120-125. I thought for sure he was going to get me arrested. I had no clue where the hell I was. This was in my v8 914 & not my LE
Andyrew
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Mar 26 2012, 06:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 26 2012, 03:34 PM) *

I'm not sure about the AX either. My car is setup for DE's and track day.

Besides, why break it?(assuming I can get it running in time)

I WILL be driving the 944 though smile.gif
RUNNINGWOLF
If the troopers are watching every teener in the nw then more power to them.
I will be taking I-5 south, starting around Salem. My top speed on a nice straight should top 100. But most of the time will be speed limit. Have a safe, fun drive to the event everyone. Besides my tickets provide a job for those boys in blue. 120, not sure.... confused24.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Mar 26 2012, 07:02 PM) *

Matt

agree.gif It would be great if more locals at least stopped by to visit.
ConeDodger

Time to fess up! You Central Coasters who intend to 'stop by' WCR 2012 sound off! evilgrin.gif

Here's one we haven't heard from... sad.gif
Justinp71
I've hit 140 in mine also, but I already have gotten a ticket for going 101 (in my chevelle) and an exhibition speed ticket (chevelle also), so now I keep the speeding for the track. But I still look for those fun corners... driving.gif On the way to Monterey (from highway 5) the 152 pass is really fun...
RUNNINGWOLF
Of course these cars are a dream come true in the corners. The road from beaver, or to the valley is one of my favorites. Top speed is just a curiosity question.
Favorite roads? agree.gif
RUNNINGWOLF
Last years Wcr, what was your favorite moment?
I feel mine was the kart track. Yours? happy11.gif
ConeDodger

So, if you're traveling in a car going to WCR2012 at 80MPH, how long would it take to go 80 Miles? blink.gif I asked that question of my Asian wife and she said "One hour goofball!" I guess that means she is going to go to WCR with me! piratenanner.gif
RUNNINGWOLF
It's getting close, I guess I better fix my starter & heater, fast!
beerchug.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(RUNNINGWOLF @ Mar 27 2012, 08:57 PM) *

Last years Wcr, what was your favorite moment?
I feel mine was the kart track. Yours? happy11.gif

Mine was at the track as well. The best parts being when my son climbed out of SirAndy's car and Brittain's car each after a hair-raising lap. I haven't actually seen him near speechless EVER after a drive, but it happened twice that morning.

His response, "Dad, you need a bigger motor. . ." headbang.gif

Spending quality time with my boy was priceless. . .
biosurfer1
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Mar 28 2012, 11:50 AM) *

His response, "Dad, you need a bigger motor. . ." headbang.gif

Spending quality time with my boy was priceyless. . .

fixed it for ya...
grantsfo
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Mar 26 2012, 08:19 PM) *

I'm not going to be participating in the AX either. This is the first trip that just my wife and I have taken w/o the kids since '98. I don't want to have her wishing she was elsewhere in possibly hot sun on the tarmac all day. . . Somehow, sightseeing and shopping tends to lead me to believe that finish in first place anyway. smilie_pokal.gif

If women only knew what we put up with. . .

Lol! Not much chance of it being hot in Marina. more probably it will be foggy and 50 degrees. It's one of the coolest places on the monterey bay. Why not drop your wife off in Carmel in the morning. Run morning ax sessions and then rejoin her for lunch? That way you get best of both worlds. Carmel is only 15 minutes south
Andyrew
Gonna join us Grant?
RUNNINGWOLF
I remember seeing your son. His smile said it all!
Let's make some more 914 moments! bye1.gif
ConeDodger

Let's get those registrations in and order some freshy-fresh t-shirts! WCR2012 is just a month away!
ConeDodger

Shine 'em up! WCR2012 just 27 days away!
clemsonc
While WCR is at Marina that weekend...

SCCA had invited PCA-GGR to have join them for the Club Race at Laguna Seca in the same weekend.
WCR may go there watch the races as one of the activities, and show off the 914 in the paddock.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(clemsonc @ Mar 30 2012, 09:28 AM) *

While WCR is at Marina that weekend...

SCCA had invited PCA-GGR to have join them for the Club Race at Laguna Seca in the same weekend.
WCR may go there watch the races as one of the activities, and show off the 914 in the paddock.

That sounds like fun!
grantsfo
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 28 2012, 07:43 PM) *

Gonna join us Grant?

Unfortunately I just learned about the event and I will be in Italy that weekend. Im bummed wanted to see al the teeners!
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Mar 30 2012, 12:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 28 2012, 07:43 PM) *

Gonna join us Grant?

Unfortunately I just learned about the event and I will be in Italy that weekend. Im bummed wanted to see al the teeners!

Since I've been to the WCR many times but have never been to Italy, how about if I go to Italy for ya and you can go to the WCR? laugh.gif
Elliot Cannon
icon_bump.gif
jeffdon
I may have to bug out on sat. I have a reservation at the hotel through sunday. Is there anyone that could use a room for sat night? Maybe we could line it up through the hotel.
ConeDodger

Ya... It's like that... biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Still on the fence but workin on it. dry.gif
biosurfer1
Rick...I have added your name to the registered participant list to inspire (or guilt/shame) you into working faster/harder/longer so you can make it.

That list is concrete and once on, one cannot be removed!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.